Andrea Pirlo Thread

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
yeah! i noticed the difference abt his free kicks. a slight one, but the accuracy and scoring rate has increased! and i liked his goals now a days. saved us alot of times too. :) pirlo deserves a clap for his free kicking talents. :D

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
halfblackwinner said:
yeah! i noticed the difference abt his free kicks. a slight one, but the accuracy and scoring rate has increased! and i liked his goals now a days. saved us alot of times too. :) pirlo deserves a clap for his free kicking talents. :D

Yep, he's better now. I criticised him before for missing too much of them, but he has inproved.

*forza kaka*

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cafu kaka sheva pirlo
halfblackwinner said:
I think that there looks to be not much of a change in his tecnique except he used to look a litlle bit like beckham lining up and he does not haave the power to do that so now he has changed technique and it is perfect :)

Reaction score
I'll always be a fan of pirlo. :eek: Just like the way he plays very much..his passes are visionary and just so accurate. And just when it seems it cant get any better, he comes out with that punt-freekick. I guess no one does it better; little swerve, plenty of pace, magnificent accuracy. Beckham who?

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Any one else realize how his free-kicks go one way then the other

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Bambino D'oro said:
Yep, he hits the ball straight on the valve with his outer 3 toes. That causes the ball to spin awkwardly in the air.

Astrix

a Smoker
Reaction score
I realized it myself. that is realy an awesome technique, it's poetry.. realy... great gift.
remember the breathtaker vs Chievo in 03/04 season? The ball simply floated on air! :devil3:

Well, Here's another great article, Imo :)

The adventures of Andrea Pirlo
By Habi Assevero | Published 11/17/2005 | Soccer | Unrated
Pirlo is Italy's latest invention.

San Siro on a Sunday afternoon is full of infinite possibilities. On the 6th of November, there was an aura of expectation around the ground as fans waited to see if AC Milan would follow up their thrilling 3-1 victory over title rivals Juventus with another classy performance.

Milan didn’t disappoint. They thrashed Udinese 5-1 and it was arguably their best performance of the season. Unlike against Juventus, when they gave the reigning champions a taste of their own medicine, AC Milan played Udinese in their own typical style.

It was all about one touch passing and first class finishing. Milan were fast, fluent, elegant and effective. Grazie mille to Udinese, thank you for coming and enjoy the trip home. When Milan play like that they are impossible to live with.

The entire team played well and deserved credit for the victory, but there is one element that cannot be ignored. The best Milan we’ve seen this season coincides with the best Andrea Pirlo we’ve seen this season and that’s no accident.

Surprised? After all, AC Milan have bigger names that have come good in recent times. Alberto Gilardino scored twice against Udinese, Clarence Seedorf is showing signs of his former brilliance, Kaka continues to torment his opponents with his technical skills, what makes Pirlo so special?

Simple. The role that Pirlo plays and the way he plays it cannot be reproduced by any other player in Europe. It’s a strong statement to make but it’s the truth. You can put other players in that position, just in front of the defense but none of them will give exactly what Pirlo does.

He may not be the sort to attract attention, even when he’s on the pitch but if you watch Milan play without him, you’ll immediately notice the difference. He gives the team its fluidity and its technical mastery, the trademarks of AC Milan’s best performances.

Pirlo’s importance to AC Milan and now to the Italian national team is down to one man, Carlo Ancelotti. The AC Milan coach did what many others had tried and failed to do. He found a way to put Pirlo’s unique gifts to use. That Andrea was talented was never in question but as a trequartista he wasn’t expressing that talent.

His vision and passing will always make him one of the most creative players in any team but it wasn’t until Ancelotti placed him low in midfield that his influence on the game became marked and essential.

A casual eye will more easily be attracted to players like Kaka or Shevchenko or even defensive midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, but Pirlo is the one that allows his teammates to shine. He is the main brain of the AC Milan machine. He dictates the pace and adapts Milan’s game to whatever circumstances present themselves.

If AC Milan is a Formula One car then Pirlo is its pilot. He has all the elements of the machine committed to memory. He knows how to put each of his teammates in the best position to contribute to the team and they in turn trust him to drive them to victory.

It’s safe to say that Pirlo is one of the more intriguing innovations in the recent history of football. Usually, when a coach puts a player in front of defense, it’s with the idea of having more protection for his back four and ensuring the quality of the link between them and the midfield.

Pirlo provides that link but having him lower down on the pitch is really about maximizing his offensive potential. In that position he forms a sort of vertical tandem with Milan’s true trequartista, Kaka, allowing Milan to play with two playmakers, sometimes even three (if they only play with one center forward) and never unbalance the team.

Against Udinese, Pirlo was the orchestra leader and there wasn’t a false note to be heard in the 90 minutes of Milan’s opera. It’s no wonder they call San Siro the Scala of football. He even deigned to add his personal trademark to the match, a fantastic free kick from outside the area.

Once you understand how important Pirlo is to Milan, you’ll find that your eyes will drift to him time and again. Each time you’ll be astounded by his vision and intelligence, his technique and the subtly with which he pulls the team’s strings.

Pirlo is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating players in Europe and he is unique. Ancelotti has tried to find someone that could be his understudy but he hasn’t yet found a player with the same combination of talents.

In football, it’s the players that have something extra and different that revolutionize the sport. Franz Beckenbauer did it in his time, changing forever what being a defender was all about.

Andrea Pirlo is set to do the same by being a new variation of the modern midfielder. And what bigger adventure could there be than that?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nice article. It proves that both Pirlo and Ancelotti are good. ;)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Inferno said:
I realized it myself. that is realy an awesome technique, it's poetry.. realy... great gift.
remember the breathtaker vs Chievo in 03/04 season? The ball simply floated on air! :devil3:

Well, Here's another great article, Imo :)

The adventures of Andrea Pirlo
By Habi Assevero | Published 11/17/2005 | Soccer | Unrated
Pirlo is Italy's latest invention.

San Siro on a Sunday afternoon is full of infinite possibilities. On the 6th of November, there was an aura of expectation around the ground as fans waited to see if AC Milan would follow up their thrilling 3-1 victory over title rivals Juventus with another classy performance.

Milan didn’t disappoint. They thrashed Udinese 5-1 and it was arguably their best performance of the season. Unlike against Juventus, when they gave the reigning champions a taste of their own medicine, AC Milan played Udinese in their own typical style.

It was all about one touch passing and first class finishing. Milan were fast, fluent, elegant and effective. Grazie mille to Udinese, thank you for coming and enjoy the trip home. When Milan play like that they are impossible to live with.

The entire team played well and deserved credit for the victory, but there is one element that cannot be ignored. The best Milan we’ve seen this season coincides with the best Andrea Pirlo we’ve seen this season and that’s no accident.

Surprised? After all, AC Milan have bigger names that have come good in recent times. Alberto Gilardino scored twice against Udinese, Clarence Seedorf is showing signs of his former brilliance, Kaka continues to torment his opponents with his technical skills, what makes Pirlo so special?

Simple. The role that Pirlo plays and the way he plays it cannot be reproduced by any other player in Europe. It’s a strong statement to make but it’s the truth. You can put other players in that position, just in front of the defense but none of them will give exactly what Pirlo does.

He may not be the sort to attract attention, even when he’s on the pitch but if you watch Milan play without him, you’ll immediately notice the difference. He gives the team its fluidity and its technical mastery, the trademarks of AC Milan’s best performances.

Pirlo’s importance to AC Milan and now to the Italian national team is down to one man, Carlo Ancelotti. The AC Milan coach did what many others had tried and failed to do. He found a way to put Pirlo’s unique gifts to use. That Andrea was talented was never in question but as a trequartista he wasn’t expressing that talent.

His vision and passing will always make him one of the most creative players in any team but it wasn’t until Ancelotti placed him low in midfield that his influence on the game became marked and essential.

A casual eye will more easily be attracted to players like Kaka or Shevchenko or even defensive midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, but Pirlo is the one that allows his teammates to shine. He is the main brain of the AC Milan machine. He dictates the pace and adapts Milan’s game to whatever circumstances present themselves.

If AC Milan is a Formula One car then Pirlo is its pilot. He has all the elements of the machine committed to memory. He knows how to put each of his teammates in the best position to contribute to the team and they in turn trust him to drive them to victory.

It’s safe to say that Pirlo is one of the more intriguing innovations in the recent history of football. Usually, when a coach puts a player in front of defense, it’s with the idea of having more protection for his back four and ensuring the quality of the link between them and the midfield.

Pirlo provides that link but having him lower down on the pitch is really about maximizing his offensive potential. In that position he forms a sort of vertical tandem with Milan’s true trequartista, Kaka, allowing Milan to play with two playmakers, sometimes even three (if they only play with one center forward) and never unbalance the team.

Against Udinese, Pirlo was the orchestra leader and there wasn’t a false note to be heard in the 90 minutes of Milan’s opera. It’s no wonder they call San Siro the Scala of football. He even deigned to add his personal trademark to the match, a fantastic free kick from outside the area.

Once you understand how important Pirlo is to Milan, you’ll find that your eyes will drift to him time and again. Each time you’ll be astounded by his vision and intelligence, his technique and the subtly with which he pulls the team’s strings.

Pirlo is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating players in Europe and he is unique. Ancelotti has tried to find someone that could be his understudy but he hasn’t yet found a player with the same combination of talents.

In football, it’s the players that have something extra and different that revolutionize the sport. Franz Beckenbauer did it in his time, changing forever what being a defender was all about.

Andrea Pirlo is set to do the same by being a new variation of the modern midfielder. And what bigger adventure could there be than that?

nice article

Thanx for posting INFERNO

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Pirlo will have problem now with science.. how the ball changes direction .. its miracle..

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why isn't there a movie called "Bend It Like Pirlo"? :D

Inferno: Where did you find that article?

Astrix

a Smoker
Reaction score
milanist said:
Porza Firlo, you meant? :)
Yeah, you probably right :tongue:

Pirlo, It's a kind of magic!
pirlomessina6rn.jpg

2886big1ns.jpg

Porza Firlo!!! :devil2: :devilpim:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bambino D'oro said:
I found another reason. Today Galliani revealed that Pirlo can only score a free kick when he uses an Adidas ball. Apparently Pirlo practices so much with a Milan match ball that he has perfected his kick according to it's exact weight. So when he plays with a Puma or Nike ball he can't hit it properly as he has had no practise with them. So on that basis I have a revolutenery training technique for Milanello: BUY A NEW BALL !!!!!!

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Lo Tsar said:
I found another reason. Today Galliani revealed that Pirlo can only score a free kick when he uses an Adidas ball. Apparently Pirlo practices so much with a Milan match ball that he has perfected his kick according to it's exact weight. So when he plays with a Puma or Nike ball he can't hit it properly as he has had no practise with them. So on that basis I have a revolutenery training technique for Milanello: BUY A NEW BALL !!!!!!

Just another example of Milan players being poorly prepared for matches.Of course Milan will know what ball type Livorno use and we should be using them this week in training for all players not just the free kick takers.
It is also rather strange that clubs have freedom to negotiate which ball is used.In many leagues it is part of the sponsorship of the league.EPL use Nike,SPL use Mitre.

*forza kaka*

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cafu kaka sheva pirlo
Does anyone now think that pirlo is the best in the world at free kicks?If it's right that Pirlo can only score with that Adidas ball then i don't think he really is that good.

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
How good will he be with the new Teamgeist ball for the World Cup.It is an Adidas ball so who knows?Will Milan start to use that ball after the WC?

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
*forza kaka* said:
Does anyone now think that pirlo is the best in the world at free kicks?If it's right that Pirlo can only score with that Adidas ball then i don't think he really is that good.
I think Pirlo is the best in the Italy Seria A at free kicks. Totti's free kick is also very well, his shoot energy is very strong. But i think Pirlo's curve is much better than Totti. By the way, there is another famous free kicks player he is in Inter Milan, he is a CB , before he comes to Inter , he had played in Lazio. Does anyone know him ?

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
How good will he be with the new Teamgeist ball for the World Cup.It is an Adidas ball so who knows?Will Milan start to use that ball after the WC?
That would really rub Pirlo up the wrong way. I remember just before Euro 2004 he had a devaish tantrum over the panel shape of the Rotiero.

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
of course galliani is going to say cos its an adidas ball,he hits them better,maybe pirlo wont be happy though,isnt he sponsored by nike.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
By the way, there is another famous free kicks player he is in Inter Milan, he is a CB , before he comes to Inter , he had played in Lazio.
Of course, Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
milanist said:
Of course, Sinisa Mihajlovic.
Yes , but he is a left while Pirlo is a right !
By the way, who is the penalty kick in Milan ? Pirlo or Shevchenko ? Last two seasons is Pirlo, but this season become Shevchenko, Why ? ( It is because Shevchenko need more goal or because Ancelotti doesn't believe Pirlo ? )

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Lo Tsar said:
That would really rub Pirlo up the wrong way. I remember just before Euro 2004 he had a devaish tantrum over the panel shape of the Rotiero.
I couldn't imagine Pirlo taking a tantrum!He looks doped on sedatives most of the time!

*forza kaka*

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cafu kaka sheva pirlo
Yuchen Li said:
I think Pirlo is the best in the Italy Seria A at free kicks. Totti's free kick is also very well, his shoot energy is very strong. But i think Pirlo's curve is much better than Totti. By the way, there is another famous free kicks player he is in Inter Milan, he is a CB , before he comes to Inter , he had played in Lazio. Does anyone know him ?
Yuchen a word of advice the world of football is not like fifa 06 or pro evo.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
killiegradge said:
I couldn't imagine Pirlo taking a tantrum!He looks doped on sedatives most of the time!
Yeah, he bitched on to every sports journalist who was desperate enough to listen for the whole tournament.

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Galliani Divulges Pilro secert

Source: Football Italia

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has revealed why Andrea Pirlo can’t stop scoring free-kicks at the San Siro.

The Italian international netted his fourth of the Serie A campaign with a beauty against Messina on Sunday and Galliani insists he knows why.

"He always scores at home because he practices with our Adidas ball," said the Rossoneri Vice-President.

"Obviously, it has a different weight to the others because he also tried shooting with Inter’s ball but it didn’t come down as quickly."

The 26-year-old has become Serie A’s leading set-piece specialist, striking fear into goalkeepers throughout Italy with his unerring accuracy from dead-ball situations.

The Milan playmaker somehow manages to get the ball to take flight over the wall, but then dip back down at speed just under the crossbar at the decisive moment.

Pirlo’s almost unique skills are also set to be on show at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

"The good news is that we use the same ball that they are going to have at the World Cup Finals," added Galliani, much to the delight of Azzurri boss Marcello Lippi.

Pirlo recently revealed that the secret to his incredible free-kick taking ability is all in the toes. "I use the last three toes of my foot," he said.