italian supercup - YOU can be host !!!

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I was just bitching/venting because I would have loved to go since I cant go during the school year. And I cant afford a trip to the US. :cry:
i thought months back you wrote something like you were going to watch milan-juve, haven't you?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
i thought months back you wrote something like you were going to watch milan-juve, haven't you?

It never materialized due to "parental intervention"....... :cry: :cry: :mad:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Passion for *9* said:
Seamus said:
Oh and don't quote ACMilan.com, type the officiall site said...

Why? :conf:

Not sure, but that's the rule David made and here he is King, so I just do what I'm told. We can't use them for headlines on the main site either. I think it has something to do with making a very clear distinction that we are not the official site. There might be some coypright or trademark issue as well. Same thing goes for a certain popular italian paper, Tut***port. You should be able to figure out what it is from what I could write. ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
con il Milan nel cuore
� � � � � � � � �
Member of the Pro-Totti-Alliance

:) :D Hey... OTTIMO !!!!
thumbsup.gif

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Not sure, but that's the rule David made and here he is King, so I just do what I'm told. We can't use them for headlines on the main site either. I think it has something to do with making a very clear distinction that we are not the official site. There might be some coypright or trademark issue as well. Same thing goes for a certain popular italian paper, Tut***port. You should be able to figure out what it is from what I could write. ;)

I understand that the official site ACMilan.com don't want to be confused with acmilan-online.com and I will add "the official site" whenever I should make a reference. But why not mention T*tt*sp*rt? It's certainly no copyright infringement to just mention the name when quoting it as a source or is it? Anyone an expert on that?????

Very :conf:

David, PLEASE elaborate on the intricacies of the forum rules !

Beh, that name in question doesnt even appear in the post when written correctly! This is CENSORSHIP, sorry dudes! :head:

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
But why not mention T*tt*sp*rt? It's certainly no copyright infringement to just mention the name when quoting it as a source or is it? Anyone an expert on that?????
... rather, using someone else's name might resolve in a trademark infringement; but trademarks are worldwide protected only in their distinctive function (origin of a product/service from a particular person/entity) and not in the descriptive one, which basically occurs when you're quoting.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
Passion for *9* said:
But why not mention T*tt*sp*rt? It's certainly no copyright infringement to just mention the name when quoting it as a source or is it? Anyone an expert on that?????
... rather, using someone else's name might resolve in a trademark infringement; but trademarks are worldwide protected only in their distinctive function (origin of a product/service from a particular person/entity) and not in the descriptive one, which basically occurs when you're quoting.

:eek: May I ask if you are in the legal profession ?

2 probs just in case:

1) Due to the "mutilation" of a protected name the information wouldn't be clearly assigned/attributed to the (correct) source anymore. Wouldn't that cause a (potential) problem ?

Do I make sense at all ? :conf:

2) Just hypothetically speaking, what would I have to do to register a trademark/®/© ? Does anyone know, by any chance ? And how do I find out if a name is protected ? (Maybe Totti isn't happy with the name of our "organisation" and will sue...:o ;)) Any info is appreciated. :cool:

PS: You may want to add FOUNDING member to your sig... ;) :D

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
>>> passion for *9*
we're going a little o.t. here, anyway
-yes, i'm a lawyer practicing (also) ip law
-your 1st point isn't exactly clear to me, i'm afraid you're confusing a patronimic problem with exactness in quoting people/sources, but i may be wrong ... totti can't prevent anyone from pronouncing/using his name unless it is done to insult or basically make money out of it
-if you want to register a trademark (copyright is a different thing and is hardly ever registered) you apply to the appropriate patent office, depending if it's going to be an international or local registration; you usually want to hire a patent agent/lawyer who will advise you (including reaserch for priorities) and help with the bureaucracy
-i've worked hard for the alliance ... there are new members among the italian group ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
we're going a little o.t. here

You're right. I was thinking of deleting the message.....

unrossonero said:
-yes, i'm a lawyer practicing (also) ip law

RESPECT.

unrossonero said:
-your 1st point isn't exactly clear to me...

Ah nevermind. I keep doing this, confusing myself + others, I mean... ;)

unrossonero said:
-if you want to register a trademark... (info snipped)...

Thanks!!! How nice of you to dispense FREE advice, I checked my pm inbox all day for a bill but.... NONE so far. :conf: Now I'm not surprised anymore that you can't afford all the Ilaries you want. ;)

unrossonero said:
-i've worked hard for the alliance ... there are new members among the italian group ;)

I'm working just as hard, hopefully our work will pay off. What do you think of expanding our scope to more influential circles ???

(I'm supposed to study but this board is so addictive... arg!!!)

Schedule