Gonzalo Higuain Thread

How many goals will Higuain score this season in all competitions?

• Total voters

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Zlatan is a champion, Higuain is a whining primadonna

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
48dab20550ff90cb5a971ff1ab31ffd1.jpg

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
fat piece of shit. tubby twerp.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
fodder piece of shit. fuck off. do not redeem. thought he was good. nah he is and always will be a choker. get lost. back to jube next season.

I really believed he was good but Damn I should have known better. never trust jube. I have no faith in caldara either. probably sold him cause he is injury prone.

:lol::lol::lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Missing sitter after sitter after sitter, no wonder why Juventus didn’t want to keep you. Overrated dud, can’t hit a barn door to save himself. Should’ve buried the game and blasts it over the bar from 8 yards out.

Get your shit together or fuck off, he’s fast becoming our version of Morata. He’s the reason why we didn’t beat Torino and he’s half the reason why we’re not in Europa anymore. I posted in the commode earlier today suggestion you’re still world class, I think I was very wrong. Very very wrong.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Missing sitter after sitter after sitter, no wonder why Juventus didn’t want to keep you. Overrated dud, can’t hit a barn door to save himself. Should’ve buried the game and blasts it over the bar from 8 yards out.

Get your shit together or fuck off, he’s fast becoming our version of Morata. He’s the reason why we didn’t beat Torino and he’s half the reason why we’re not in Europa anymore. I posted in the commode earlier today suggestion you’re still world class, I think I was very wrong. Very very wrong.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Some of the worst Milan #9 displays in the last couple of matches. I'll laugh if people blame 'lack of service'. He has been atrocious.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i thought this was his best game since the juve game. dropped deep, passed and brought others to play. his first touch is getting annoying though. should have scored.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i thought this was his best game since the juve game. dropped deep, passed and brought others to play. his first touch is getting annoying though. should have scored.

His build-up contribution is good, but it was better earlier in the season during our 4-3-3 days. We looked incredibly fluid back then when Higuain was very much a part of some nifty build-up moves.

But his finishing? I've never seen him this bad and I've watched most of his seasons at the top level. It's probably all mental - the lack of a goal is really getting to him.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some of the worst Milan #9 displays in the last couple of matches. I'll laugh if people blame 'lack of service'. He has been atrocious.

Cutrone has outperformed him in the last 1.5 years.

But no 9 can thrive the way you expect them to in this mess of a team.
This was not a great team that just lacked a great finisher.
We didn't have a great team and we already had a great finisher.

A new big name signing for the CF spot(s) is not the solution.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Cutrone has outperformed him in the last 1.5 years.

But no 9 can thrive the way you expect them to in this mess of a team.
This was not a great team that just lacked a great finisher.
We didn't have a great team and we already had a great finisher.

A new big name signing for the CF spot(s) is not the solution.

it's clear his weak personality can't handle being dumped like trash by juventus, so he's been sulking his whole time here instead of doing his best to take milan back to the champions league.

you and I have been on agreement in the past that this team needed fullbacks/mids before they needed a top #9, but you can't excuse higuain's performance and chalk it up to "mess of a team" this team is 4th in serie A, he's playing like shit and it's 100% on him.

I hope milan don't take the option, even if he starts scoring more, this type of fragile personality isn't what milan need.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you and I have been on agreement in the past that this team needed fullbacks/mids before they needed a top #9, but you can't excuse higuain's performance and chalk it up to "mess of a team" this team is 4th in serie A, he's playing like shit and it's 100% on him.

I did say that Cutrone has been outperforming him. Trust me, I've not been enjoying Higuian's performances of late.

But it needs to be said that a lot of posters here have forgot or don't know how a well-organized team looks like. Even a subpar Higuain would score regularly, if the team was as well-organized as it was billed up to be by Necro and co. The performances of the 9 often serve as a symptom of the rest of the team.

They expected Higuain to be the final missing puzzle, while criminally underrating Cutrone. It failed, predictably, but the reaction was even more predictable. "Higuain is the problem, not the idea that we were just missing a great finisher".

Not even Lewandowski would give them the desired result.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get the argument that Higuain isn't the "problem".

Here's the thing, he isn't the "solution" either. So I agree with Sage, should probably skip out on his option.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get the argument that Higuain isn't the "problem".

Here's the thing, he isn't the "solution" either. So I agree with Sage, should probably skip out on his option.

?
I was mocking those who thought he was the solution(and now think he's the problem).

I didn't even want him signed.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I did say that Cutrone has been outperforming him. Trust me, I've not been enjoying Higuian's performances of late.

But it needs to be said that a lot of posters here have forgot or don't know how a well-organized team looks like. Even a subpar Higuain would score regularly, if the team was as well-organized as it was billed up to be by Necro and co. The performances of the 9 often serve as a symptom of the rest of the team.

They expected Higuain to be the final missing puzzle, while criminally underrating Cutrone. It failed, predictably, but the reaction was even more predictable. "Higuain is the problem, not the idea that we were just missing a great finisher".

Not even Lewandowski would give them the desired result.

The main problem with your theory is that Higuain is missing sitters that he used to comfortably score. Sounds like a #9 problem to me, not a team organization issue.

The other problem with your theory is that there might not be a problem at all. We were doing fine with scoring till the last few games when Higuain lost his form. In all likelihood, it's a temporary issue.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I agree that he is not the problem, as with a better clicking team he would probably be less pissed off and score... and he isn't the solution either, as we need someone of a higher level to show up and save the day when the kids are not getting the job done...

Cutrone has been more of a game changer than Higsy and that's not what you want when buying such a striker.

If we have enough money, we can buy him, as it won't be easy to find a better striker for 35m. But, if we have limited budget, I'd rather spend it somewhere else.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The main problem with your theory is that Higuain is missing sitters that he used to comfortably score.

That's Higuain. Sometimes he's on, sometimes he's off. That goes for most others strikers as well tbf.
He didn't break the Serie A goal record by missing fewer sitters than Icardi, Immobile and co.

You were billing him up to be the great finisher that was lacking in Cutrone & co, the good striker that we were lacking in an otherwise very good team.

But Cutrone has a conversion rate only topped by Icardi in the last 15 months.
Wasn't stats used to "prove" that we had a finishing problem and not chance creation?

Sounds like a #9 problem to me, not a team organization issue.

Higuain certainly has problems at the moment, but you're telling me you see a clicking, well-organized team only let down by Higuain in the last games?

There was one side who showed a semblance of a team in the last league game, and it was not Milan.

This is not to say he hasn't been a let down(he has).

The other problem with your theory is that there might not be a problem at all. We were doing fine with scoring till the last few games when Higuain lost his form. In all likelihood, it's a temporary issue.

The injury situation would've been a valid excuse, but you're still insisting that all is well besides the striker(Higuain in this case) even in these last games?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It would be someone remarkably stupid who’d say all other players are perfect in Milan except the striker. We had many problems, the biggest one was striker, we fixed that. Now we need to fix the midfield problem.

If Higuain’s drop in quality is permanent, then we have to go back and fix the striker issue again. Putting faith in just Cutrone is ok if our aim is 6th place but it isn’t.

I think it’s likelier that Higuain is going through a bad patch and will recover.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
we did have a huge striker problem.
and even with an out of form higuain, our team looks better than last season.

and when I mean striker, i am not referring to only scoring/missing sitters.
but dropping down, helping ourd mids push the ball forward, like he does.
something that cutrone cant.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yup.. Cutrone is a great young player but he’s nowhere near ready to be a proper #9 for an ambitious team. Higuains build up contribution has been solid, as mentioned before.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
we have serious midfield issues. like beyond serious.
attack is a problem too because this fat lard isn't good enough. There is a reason why jube were willing to let him go.

Schedule