Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
if allegri and the players can manage to get Milan into any European competition, the criticism would be less warranted.

I mean, what do you have? - 1st in serie a+ CL knockouts, 2nd in serie a + suppercoppa+ cl quarters, 3rd in serie a + cl knockouts so far.

we can probably all agree that Milan shoulda coulda won serie a durin the 2nd season.. But other than that... The results don't really match up to the level of criticism. It's this season that can tarnish his track record.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
if allegri and the players can manage to get Milan into any European competition, the criticism would be less warranted.

I mean, what do you have? - 1st in serie a+ CL knockouts, 2nd in serie a + suppercoppa+ cl quarters, 3rd in serie a + cl knockouts so far.

we can probably all agree that Milan shoulda coulda won serie a durin the 2nd season.. But other than that... The results don't really match up to the level of criticism. It's this season that can tarnish his track record.

:lol: yeah because were in a position to reach 3rd :lol:

Conviniently forget how last year we could have been second if it was for the annual shit start in allegris milan. Lets not forget losing the title the second year,or evevn this year (though not over) losing to teams who have inferior squads and supposedly coaches

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: yeah because were in a position to reach 3rd :lol:

Conviniently forget how last year we could have been second if it was for the annual shit start in allegris milan. Lets not forget losing the title the second year,or evevn this year (though not over) losing to teams who have inferior squads and supposedly coaches

err.. maybe you didn't read my post or I did a poor job explaining.

simplified- Allegri and Co. have made top 3 for 3 years and made it past the CL group stages.

This year is the year that would tarnish him if no CL or EL.

You're splitting hairs about the rest. I'm talking about rezults.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
err.. maybe you didn't read my post or I did a poor job explaining.

simplified- Allegri and Co. have made top 3 for 3 years and made it past the CL group stages.

This year is the year that would tarnish him if no CL or EL.

You're splitting hairs about the rest. I'm talking about rezults.

It seems to me your making up your own objectives to twist allegris performance. First 3 year his objective was winning the league,it was only till about novemeber last year when objectives changed when they realized it was gonna be impossible,so 3rd became the new goal.

I mean,its like mou or citys coach ending up top 5 (when there objectives are first) and saying they did a wonderful job. Theyd be sacked come 3 years because they failed to reach the goals set out to them.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
I think allegri will get the italian NT job next summer, I hope he does :thumbsup:

156.gif

hopefully he gets bayern or man united job :o

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will miss his interviews. That was another beautifully responded interview. Good information about El Shaarawy's microfracture as well.

Are you serious? His interviews are ridiculous. Some of the shit he says is unbelievable.. its either pure trolling or pure stupidity.

Lets break this one down:

"What kind of Milan I'm leaving to the next coach? I leave a good team that earned the love of the fans. A team that with a few adjustments will have a future." - Its as if hes trying to rub it in.. dick.

"People say that Milan have been playing poorly? We have also been playing well.'' - Nice one :lol:

"If I regret signing Matri? No, because we needed him in that moment, and he has always been scoring goals. He will also score goals for Milan. If he is for sale? Why should he be? We will be without El Shaarawy for the next three months. Robinho has to get back in shape, and Niang has been loaned out." - ohkaay

"The management kept me because they didn't have any alternatives? If the management didn't have any alternatives then it means that I'm really good and that they couldn't find a better coach."

and the best one -"Everything went well until the 28th of August - both in Serie A and in the Champions League. :lol::lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
mesbah mesbahing

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Still praising Allegri?
Look at how disorganized our tactics always has been, you can thank Ibra and Silva for our first 2 seasons.
Look at how much the players are motivated to play for him.
Look at his shitty training methods that causes mass injury and ruined Pato and now Shaarawy.
Look at how little responsibility he takes in post match interviews
Look at how little responsibility, even now, he admit to.
Other than the lucky results which I already explained is thanks to Ibra, what can you credit to this moron? He is a Cagliari level coach.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
If only he was half as coy with his tactics as he was in his interview he might actually have been a good manager.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It seems to me your making up your own objectives to twist allegris performance. First 3 year his objective was winning the league,it was only till about novemeber last year when objectives changed when they realized it was gonna be impossible,so 3rd became the new goal.

I mean,its like mou or citys coach ending up top 5 (when there objectives are first) and saying they did a wonderful job. Theyd be sacked come 3 years because they failed to reach the goals set out to them.

? So you're saying finishing top 3 in the league and always making out of the CL group stages is HORRIFIC? What are you saying?

Lemme make it clear. Allegri didn't fall on his face and neither did the team when you look at the final results. Now.. failing to qualify for CL or EL this year would be the big black mark on his time here. I'll give you that. But the lynch mob approach you read in this thread is completely overreacting.

These are all my opinions Pharaoh. Ya know.. the stuff that you cry about when people disagree when you make one? That stuff. gimme a facepalm or a thumb down or something like that. Do it.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If only he was half as coy with his tactics as he was in his interview he might actually have been a good manager.

naw.. I think his plan A tactics are usually fine- even if he doesn't play players in the right spot. if he knew how to make adjustments when the opposing team throws him a curve he would be a great manager. How many times have you seen Milan stay in the game... then the opposing team change something in the 2nd half to gain an obvious advantage.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
? So you're saying finishing top 3 in the league and always making out of the CL group stages is HORRIFIC? What are you saying?

Lemme make it clear. Allegri didn't fall on his face and neither did the team when you look at the final results. Now.. failing to qualify for CL or EL this year would be the big black mark on his time here. I'll give you that. But the lynch mob approach you read in this thread is completely overreacting.

These are all my opinions Pharaoh. Ya know.. the stuff that you cry about when people disagree when you make one? That stuff. gimme a facepalm or a thumb down or something like that. Do it.
I never called you an idiot,****** or whatever other insult. I bitch about people who bash others personally for coming up with an opinion different than others,im not doing that to you. Good job trying to paint me the hypocrite and failing all together.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I never called you an idiot,****** or whatever other insult. I bitch about people who bash others personally for coming up with an opinion different than others,im not doing that to you. Good job trying to paint me the hypocrite and failing all together.

let's stay on track here. cut the smilies and re-read the posts.

It's simple- Allegri and the players have been top 3 and have earned CL knockout stages every year.

Do you think this is horrible?

This is not an essay question.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
let's stay on track here. cut the smilies and re-read the posts.

It's simple- Allegri and the players have been top 3 and have earned CL knockout stages every year.

Do you think this is horrible?

This is not an essay question.

I understand your point of view :lol:

My point of view differs,though the end result was OK. Most of us want allegri out because of what could have been. For instance,lets be honest,that siena game was bullshit,the ref literally helped us get 3rd. If we had a better start to the season 2nd would have been achievable not to mention we could also been fighting for first.

Lets not get start on cl as well. We ACTUALLY had a chance of beating barca but he fucked it up. How do you play so well one leg then do something that makes the players shit themselves at camp nou?

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I understand your point of view :lol:

My point of view differs,though the end result was OK. Most of us want allegri out because of what could have been. For instance,lets be honest,that siena game was bullshit,the ref literally helped us get 3rd. If we had a better start to the season 2nd would have been achievable not to mention we could also been fighting for first.

Lets not get start on cl as well. We ACTUALLY had a chance of beating barca but he fucked it up. How do you play so well one leg then do something that makes the players shit themselves at camp nou?

we have a discussion.

1. are you saying that since the last game of last season he has been horrible? I don't disagree but I would add- the TEAM has been horrible. Allegri and Milan. - splitting hairs. let's move on.

2. the 'Ref helped us get third'. It's Part of the game. I could point out about 10 championships - in several sports.. where refs helped the team. also- refs didn't help us in the 2nd Allegri year.. do you really want to play the ref game? This is a long and winding road that goes nowhere. It's not even worth the keystrokes.

3. The part in bold. I've heard a lot of people say this and I wish i could put a hand on your shoulder and look into your eyeballs to tell you so that you would understand... Barca played well below their potential vs. us at home. Messi had one of the worst games he's ever played in the CL. Barca played to their highest potential at home. No one would have beaten Barca that day. SAF wouldn't have, Mourinho wouldn't have either.

Surely you can't be that obtuse with the 'we beat Barca 2-0 so why couldn't we figure out how to do that again against the best team on the planet at the time. That's almost like saying 'Team A beat team B and team B beat team C therefore team A should always beat team C.

Last- we were a cunt hair away from scoring. Niang.. damn it.. which would have totally turned that match around.

If you can't tell, your semi-rhetorical question about 'why couldn't Allegri win vs. Barca like he did at home' has more holes than swiss cheese.

Nice smilie btw. I absolutely love those.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
howbout this one? Anyone want to gimme a simple yes or no?

Allegri and the players have been top 3 and have earned CL knockout stages every year.

Do you think this is horrible? This is not an essay question.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we have a discussion.

1. are you saying that since the last game of last season he has been horrible? I don't disagree but I would add- the TEAM has been horrible. Allegri and Milan. - splitting hairs. let's move on.

2. the 'Ref helped us get third'. It's Part of the game. I could point out about 10 championships - in several sports.. where refs helped the team. also- refs didn't help us in the 2nd Allegri year.. do you really want to play the ref game? This is a long and winding road that goes nowhere. It's not even worth the keystrokes.

3. The part in bold. I've heard a lot of people say this and I wish i could put a hand on your shoulder and look into your eyeballs to tell you so that you would understand... Barca played well below their potential vs. us at home. Messi had one of the worst games he's ever played in the CL. Barca played to their highest potential at home. No one would have beaten Barca that day. SAF wouldn't have, Mourinho wouldn't have either.

Surely you can't be that obtuse with the 'we beat Barca 2-0 so why couldn't we figure out how to do that again against the best team on the planet at the time. That's almost like saying 'Team A beat team B and team B beat team C therefore team A should always beat team C.

Last- we were a cunt hair away from scoring. Niang.. damn it.. which would have totally turned that match around.

If you can't tell. Your semi-rhetorical question about 'why couldn't Allegri win vs. Barca like he did at home' has more holes than swiss cheese.

Nice smilie btw. I absolutely love those.

Youre arguement in regards to barca does as well. Did you watch the game? The players LITERALLY looked terrieified. I mean,i could have sworn i saw an in form zapatas legs shaking when iniesta or messi got the ball. This was a lose caused by psychological means rather than everyone in barca spontaneously hitting form and shitting on us.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Youre arguement in regards to barca does as well. Did you watch the game? The players LITERALLY looked terrieified. I mean,i could have sworn i saw an in form zapatas legs shaking when iniesta or messi got the ball. This was a lose caused by psychological means rather than everyone in barca spontaneously hitting form and shitting on us.

so when Messi scored and Barca started really playing to their potential exposed the youth and inexperience of our team?

This kinda proves my point that Barca were a better team. Could Allegri have done a better job ensuring the team were fearless? Ya.. but enough to beat Barca on that day?

SAF probably couldn't have done it and Mourinho couldn't have either.. and they had much much better teams that Milan did that year.

Swiss cheese Pharaoh. Swiss Cheese. People don't want to like Allegri which is fine but I can't imagine anyone saying that we should have beaten Barca when they played to that level that night with any sound argument.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Some will cry for his return when he is gone. It will happen.

yes, his fans ... as for if things go bad with the next coach, some would want another one or maybe "cry" (as you say) for the return of a coach that was more successful and better liked at this club and has at least a mg of common sense...that's if people can "cry" for a coach return, i thought there were enough to go around...

but if things turn sour with a new manager , i don't think people who are asking for this departure (which is a majority), will turn and say "hummm, i wish the good old Allegri days were back"...in that event, those who will mention him in that way (nostalgic, regret, or even just teasing others if things go bad with the next coach), those are already known, his fans.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so when Messi scored and Barca started really playing to their potential exposed the youth and inexperience of our team?

This kinda proves my point that Barca were a better team. Could Allegri have done a better job ensuring the team were fearless? Ya.. but enough to beat Barca on that day?

SAF probably couldn't have done it and Mourinho couldn't have either.. and they had much much better teams that Milan did that year.

Swiss cheese Pharaoh. Swiss Cheese. People don't want to like Allegri which is fine but I can't imagine anyone saying that we should have beaten Barca when they played to that level that night with any sound argument.

Oh no,dont get me wrong. we were gonna lose one way or another in that game. Its the EXTENT we lost that was problem. We could have held them down to a 2-0,1-0 lose not a fucking 4-0 demolition job. It was entirely mental that barca got through,if we had half the confidence w had first leg,we would have faced bayern and not gotten kicked out.

This is another reason why i want allegri gone. He doesnt properly prepare the players for the game,whether its mentally or tactically,its always a gamble whether he did it right.

The napoli game this year is maybe the exception,MAYBE the inter game as well; we were prepared but by some force of nature, we lost

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh no,dont get me wrong. we were gonna lose one way or another in that game. Its the EXTENT we lost that was problem. We could have held them down to a 2-0,1-0 lose not a fucking 4-0 demolition job. It was entirely mental that barca got through,if we had half the confidence w had first leg,we would have faced bayern and not gotten kicked out.

This is another reason why i want allegri gone. He doesnt properly prepare the players for the game,whether its mentally or tactically,its always a gamble whether he did it right.

The napoli game this year is maybe the exception,MAYBE the inter game as well; we were prepared but by some force of nature, we lost

the 2-0 vs. 0-4 wasn't all mental.

M E S S I decided to show up. he was invisible at the San Siro regardless of Allegri's tactics. He was just not even 70% that match.

If we were talking about another team in the CL, I wouldn't push this so hard. This was Barca at their very best with the best player on the planet at his best. Having said that.. why would you brush off the 0-4 to a mental preparation issue on Milan's part?? That's just being stubborn.

how many times has an NBA defender said they would shut Michael Jordan down in the 90's? Confidence doesn't win games.. the mental/motivation quality is so overrated in these forums.
Talent trumps motivation 9 times out of 10.

Last edited:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
the 2-0 vs. 0-4 wasn't all mental.

M E S S I decided to show up. he was invisible at the San Siro regardless of Allegri's tactics. He was just not even 70% that match.

If we were talking about another team in the CL, I wouldn't push this so hard. This was Barca at their very best with the best player on the planet at his best. Having said that.. why would you brush off the 0-4 to a mental preparation issue on Milan's part?? That's just being stubborn.

how many times has an NBA defender said they would shut Michael Jordan down in the 90's? Confidence doesn't win games.. the mental/motivation quality is so overrated in these forums.
Talent trumps motivation 9 times out of 10.

that is incorrect. case in point; Mario Balotelli

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

its ironic that you downplay allegri's tactics vs barca at home just to prove you're right given that you're defending his overall mediocre coaching for the past 3 years by claiming that the end result of each season was good enough.

That match was the one match where I'd give him a lot of praise for correctly utilizing our players individual strengths and ultimately having us work as a unit to completely neutralize Barcelona. if he was only smart enough to take this mentality and then apply it to several adjusted situations, I don't see him having a problem against any team at all. but he's unable to do that.

because we dictated that match vs barcelona. it was a moment of real football that was derived from allegri. the only moment.

looking at the end result of each season, but the not means by which we as a team got there is plain ignorance. how Pharaoh continually entertains this ignorance is beyond me.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
that is incorrect. case in point; Mario Balotelli

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

its ironic that you downplay allegri's tactics vs barca at home just to prove you're right given that you're defending his overall mediocre coaching for the past 3 years by claiming that the end result of each season was good enough.

That match was the one match where I'd give him a lot of praise for correctly utilizing our players individual strengths and ultimately having us work as a unit to completely neutralize Barcelona. if he was only smart enough to take this mentality and then apply it to several adjusted situations, I don't see him having a problem against any team at all. but he's unable to do that.

because we dictated that match vs barcelona. it was a moment of real football that was derived from allegri. the only moment.

looking at the end result of each season, but the not means by which we as a team got there is plain ignorance. how Pharaoh continually entertains this ignorance is beyond me.

Why should you care about a week 27 game when you end up winning the league? It's about the result at the end of the season or the tournament.

Vs. Barca in the 2-0 win- you're overrating what Allegri did. there was a great part of the win that had to do with Barca being mediocre. Too many extremes on this forum and this is a prime example. "we beat Barca 2-0, therefore we should be able to hold them to a 0-1 loss at their home when they are on fire". Poor logic. He's not a great coach and I'm being consistent. Listen to the argument- Allegri should be amazing because he beat Barca once.. wut?

Me: allegri isn't as bad as people say. look at duh results at duh end of duh last 3 years.

most others.. all over the fucking board.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
@ikita

Can you also explain how my talent vs motivation opinion is contradicted by Balotelli?

Are you saying that you would rather have him motivated than talented? I'm sure we would agree with having him being both but im not sure if you understood me or I understood you.

Easy example is messi talent beats motivated defenders 9 times out of 10. Balotelli is another discussion entirely. I'm not arguing. About talent and motivation within the same player but more of a vs another team.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why should you care about a week 27 game when you end up winning the league? It's about the result at the end of the season or the tournament.

Vs. Barca in the 2-0 win- you're overrating what Allegri did. there was a great part of the win that had to do with Barca being mediocre. Too many extremes on this forum and this is a prime example. "we beat Barca 2-0, therefore we should be able to hold them to a 0-1 loss at their home when they are on fire". Poor logic. He's not a great coach and I'm being consistent. Listen to the argument- Allegri should be amazing because he beat Barca once.. wut?

Me: allegri isn't as bad as people say. look at duh results at duh end of duh last 3 years.

most others.. all over the fucking board.

We arent on the same page,you look at the big picture and the "overall", we look at the finer details so im not suprised you think most of us are on the extreme.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
We arent on the same page,you look at the big picture and the "overall", we look at the finer details so im not suprised you think most of us are on the extreme.

Paralysis by analysis.

Bigger picture is a better approach in these situations.

Schedule