Who would meet their (untimely?) demise first:
1) R&B
2) AC Milan

Put your vote in your post

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Report: Marotta meets with Raiola as Inter consider Donnarumma bid

Rivals Inter are considering making an offer for AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, according to a shock report.

Donnarumma’s future is far from straightforward. He is currently on a deal which expires in 2021, and widespread reports have claimed that Milan have no intention of letting that enter the final 12 months.

The 20-year-old currently earns the most out of any Milan player at €6m-a-year (as per La Gazzetta dello Sport), and it has been suggested that Elliott Management are not keen on raising that figure.

MilanNews.it recently reported that the 20-year-old’s situation has become an attractive prospect for possible suitors and worrying for Milan’, with Juventus mentioned as interested.

Now though, Calciomercato.it are reporting that Inter are closely watching the situation as they look for a long-term successor to Samir Handanovic.

The outlet even claims that Nerazzurri director Beppe Marotta met with Mino Raiola to discuss the situation of Donnarumma.

An assault will not be easy though, but Inter could apparently land Donnarumma with an offer of €50million while offering a pay rise to the player to convince him to make the controversial move.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
guess what...
no more international breaks until March!

4RZBNpR_700wa_0.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope Piatek starts scoring again, because I'd like to sell him. I honestly think Andre Silva would score at the same rate (1 goal from open play in 11[?] matches) while providing more to the overall play of the team.

Piatek has missed several chances, which is what gets me about the whole "he needs service" argument. He's gotten it. And when he hasn't, he's been part of what stalls our attack.

Leao is super talented. I think he's a good kid. I only have one problem with him: he let's things get to him. In the last few games, when he's been in the right position, and once it was Piatek who didn't pass, and the other was when Bona didn't, his head dropped. Now, he's a kid, but he needs to not sulk but say to his teammates "hey, you have an awesome pass, get me next time." Maybe he feels like he can't. But this aspect of can improve, and he has all the tools to really become a star.

Samu also looked so much better than Suso as a RW. I hope he's ready when we face Napoli, because missing Hakan is going to show up more than people want to admit. Hakan is finally starting to play like I thought he could, he showed it in the second half of his first season, but this LW-CAM role he plays works well for him, as does the shift of Paqueta to the right. Pioli has made some small, but very smart adjustments.

But it's really clear how badly we need experience. Whenever our team doesn't score, the team seems to let doubt creep in. They become desperate and then make mistakes seeking the goal, and that's where experience comes in.

I wonder how much this team misses Zapata and Abate, maybe not on the pitch as much as in the dressing room.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to say this. Piatek has the touch of a fucking donkey reminds me of Lukaku when he first tranfered to Man U.

his dribbling skills are among the worst i've ever seen of a striker, reminds me of prime Kalinic

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
'Milan aren't helping Piatek'

The man who helped take Krzysztof Piatek to Italy claims “Milan’s situation right now isn’t helping” the misfiring striker.

Piatek looked like money well spent for Milan as he repaid their €35m investment with 11 goals in 21 games during the second half of last season.

He was equally impressive for Genoa, netting 19 times in just 21 matches for the Grifone, who paid only €4m for his services in the summer of 2018.

However, the Pole has mustered a mere three goals this season and Giorgio Perinetti believes the Diavolo are to blame for his drought.

“Piatek’s a strong-willed, determined man who’s had a great impact on Italian football and Genoa,” the Rossoblu’s ex-general manager told Sky Sport Italia.

“He’s also had a great impact on Milan, but the ups and downs at the club haven’t helped him.

“He’s a player who must improve in the concept of team play, although he’s good at finishing.

“Even then Milan’s situation right now isn’t helping him, but a striker can resolve problems quickly.

“He just needs to get back scoring.”

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Agent: 'Caldara ready for Milan'

Mattia Caldara’s agent has assured Milan fans that the defender is “ready” to kickstart his career at the club.

The 25-year-old has yet to play a Serie A game for the Rossoneri since his arrival from Juventus in the summer of 2018 due to first an Achilles problem and then an ACL injury.

However, Beppe Riso is adamant the former Atalanta star can now focus on working his way into Stefano Pioli’s plans.

“He’s ready, he is doing well,” Riso told Calciomercato.com.

“He tells me he is feeling better every day.”

Caldara’s last Serie A match came in May 2018, against Cagliari when he was still playing for Atalanta.

He initially moved to Juve in January 2017 but never played for the Old Lady and switched clubs with Leonardo Bonucci 18 months later.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
am I the only one who notice there's no post from new member in the past few months/years?
did they even able to post?

:monto:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
am I the only one who notice there's no post from new member in the past few months/years?
did they even able to post?

:monto:

Sadly, thousands of RnB applicants are waiting in limbo

Several have PM’d me.

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
'Milan aren't helping Piatek'

Always some excuse. We'd have more wins if he was to bury a couple of those golden chances that he's had.

Still, I hope he can regain his confidence soon because we all know that he can be lethal.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
AKA defibrillation attempt for the R&B forum.

Not really, no. A good majority of people here would be okay with Donna leaving for the right price. Some would prefer him to go to Inter than Juve.

I just think calciomercato.it is a colossally shitty source.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not really, no. A good majority of people here would be okay with Donna leaving for the right price. Some would prefer him to go to Inter than Juve.

We'll find out this upcoming summer. He'll either get an extension or they'll sell him.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I can reassure you that; the management may make mistakes in player purchases and sales, but they will never make the mistake of allowing Donnarumma to leave for another Italian club. Mino can flirt with every club in the world, even Inter and Juventus, but Milan still have the upper hand in any potential sale but first and foremost, their preferred destination for Gigio - which in all likelihood is PSG or Real Madrid.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

All sources are shitty until proven otherwise.

Donna's situation is pretty clear. No team is in a rush to pay top dollar for a GK. He joins Juve for free in July 2021, if management don't meet Raiola's demands. Euro 2020 is the only window of opportunity to entice a bid before the free negotiation period come January 2021.

Not convinced the current management think he's actually worth what he earns.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to say this. Piatek has the touch of a fucking donkey reminds me of Lukaku when he first tranfered to Man U.

his dribbling skills are among the worst i've ever seen of a striker, reminds me of prime Kalinic

I honestly have to agree with you. He has a horrible touch.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can reassure you that; the management may make mistakes in player purchases and sales, but they will never make the mistake of allowing Donnarumma to leave for another Italian club. Mino can flirt with every club in the world, even Inter and Juventus, but Milan still have the upper hand in any potential sale but first and foremost, their preferred destination for Gigio - which in all likelihood is PSG or Real Madrid.

Even if he does go to Juve or Inter so what? I would be more worried about an actual player that runs around the pitch having an impact on the game, not a player who sits in the net and has a 50/50 chance of making a save. It's not like Donnarumma is the player that pushes Juve or Inter to another level.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All sources are shitty until proven otherwise.

Donna's situation is pretty clear. No team is in a rush to pay top dollar for a GK. He joins Juve for free in July 2021, if management don't meet Raiola's demands. Euro 2020 is the only window of opportunity to entice a bid before the free negotiation period come January 2021.

Not convinced the current management think he's actually worth what he earns.

He's 20 years old and even more established, no chance he takes a pay cut or stays on the same pay. He'll want a raise. I don't think Elliott will give him that (unless there's new ownership by the summer). Plus the sporting side of things will play a factor. He can go play in the CL compared to nothing at Milan.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Thats stupid... create a bidding war and take the highest sum. Italian clubs have never shied away from selling to direct rival.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we don't make the CL it's very likely we'll sell either Donnarumma or Romagnoli.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we don't make the CL it's very likely we'll sell either Donnarumma or Romagnoli.

Donnarumma is the obvious choice. A goalkeeper, makes a ton compared to the rest of the roster who has a contract coming up soon and needs a renewal/raise, would be a big capital gain coming from the primavera.

Romagnoli may want to leave as well though for greener, richer pastures.

Status
Not open for further replies.