The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will make the quarterfinals?
USA 16 59.26%
Ghana 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-06-2010, 02:49   #241
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
buddle deserved time. He's been in awesome form and every game he's been good.

i undertsand bradley's desire to play dempsey donovan in midfield. Ultimately usa has had best reuslts that way....

but he's paid to be new pirlo....
Lol that's even worse. And Brocchi used to replace Pirlo too.

Flamini should be Milan's new "I'll bench for everyone in the mid because I don't have balls to be the new Gattuso/Ambrosini neither skilled to be the new Pirlo/Seedorf".
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 02:54   #242
ww
Banned

Quote:
he was! But he subbed him for Maurice Edu who is similar player. It's like subbing gattuso for ambrosini or gilberto silva for josue. It's a wasted sub as he should have started Edu...

What shocked me was sub in general I would have brought Feilhaber (creative CM.... i love benny TBH. Only ball playing american CM. no wonder he was born in Brazil) and then when goal was gained brought Edu but you see what im saying
I thought that Maurice Edu was kind of an american Essien, being Bradley an american Lampard and Clark an american Makelele, if you know what I mean.

Maybe Bob saw something that we don't. I just didn't think that he should take off Onyewuo because of a game under the expects.
Old 27-06-2010, 02:57   #243
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
Racism IMO is just another tool that has been used over and over, throughout time, by the powers that be, to keep the masses brainwashed + separated ... separated in order to not realize and unite against the real issues and dangers that we face as a people. Nothing more, nothing less ... IMO
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 03:01   #244
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
but he's paid to be new pirlo....
*random FAIL! picture*

I hope M******ty or so tries to buy him... I won't miss him. (So that we buy one or more new midfielders ofcurz.)
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 03:06   #245
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
ah yes. I didn't watch game twice already..... Dive it strong my friend. He wasn't untouched like torres . I saw no dive and i slow mo'd it more than once....

again you offered no dempsey dive. Just an unwarranted claim. I love dempsey, i know his limitations, he's not amazing... but he's not a diver.
Then watch it again ... Dempsey punching the floor as though he's broken a leg during the PK. Acting in the truest Latin/Portuguese/Spanish sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517 View Post
Excellent vid ezekiel!

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 03:09   #246
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Then watch it again ... Dempsey punching the floor as though he's broken a leg during the PK. Acting in the truest Latin/Portuguese/Spanish sense
LOL! Are you seriously saying it WASNT a pk? He moved ball wonderfully and defender got no part of it. That was a pk that would make kaka proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
I thought that Maurice Edu was kind of an american Essien, being Bradley an american Lampard and Clark an american Makelele, if you know what I mean.

Maybe Bob saw something that we don't. I just didn't think that he should take off Onyewuo because of a game under the expects.
nah. They are all 'essien's' if you will....
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 03:11   #247
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Nah ... it was a penalty. Dempsey's acting just made sure it was. Btw it wasn't the first time he went down in the box moaning and punching the ground - don't know why his cheatin ass didn't get booked

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 04:29   #248
Ali Daei
Kaliris

sums it up
Ali Daei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 04:50   #249
Ghisolfa
SUN SEMPER CHI

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo

Quote:
Nah ... it was a penalty. Dempsey's acting just made sure it was. Btw it wasn't the first time he went down in the box moaning and punching the ground - don't know why his cheatin ass didn't get booked
You've lost perspective with your anti-Americanism. That rates as probably the 286th most blatant dive in the tournament. And its hard to call it a dive when it IS a penalty. Not to mention he clearly punched the ground with a fist pump to celebrate the penalty.... poor example my zingaro friend
Ghisolfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 04:53   #250
Ghisolfa
SUN SEMPER CHI

by the way, I did see a dive from Altidore today (keep in mind, EVERY SINGLE TEAM has had a dive this tournament. Is it even cheating anymore? A shame that it seems even more prevalent than ever before).

You just look like an idiot for picking Dempsey out. The man is the least likely to dive. I'm glad you're the only clown who thinks this, or else I would think I'm losing my mind.
Old 27-06-2010, 04:55   #251
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

So has the WC helped "Soccer" in the US? I wouldn't be against having the 2018 WC there tbh. Seems like it's got a bit of momentum so having a WC will really help.

Obviously this is assuming the WC won't come to England.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 04:56   #252
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Quote:
The U.S. soccer team is going home, ejected from the World Cup by Ghana, which slammed American hope into reality and in an instant silenced our national roar.
--http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_15386398

thnk u thnk u come again.

Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 04:59   #253
Ghisolfa
SUN SEMPER CHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post

So has the WC helped "Soccer" in the US? I wouldn't be against having the 2018 WC there tbh. Seems like it's got a bit of momentum so having a WC will really help.

Those who latched on after the Algeria match are mostly lost. Of course there will be a few hangers-on (like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I know quite a few people who were enthralled by the Istanbul final and are now massive Liverpool supporters)

The core group of big football fans will slowly grow, but not necessarily from the World Cup. It's growing because the generation that is starting to come of age is the first one to really follow European football. It will grow on college campuses and in urban America, regardless of what the World Cup has done.

World Cup IN the US would be the next big step towards significant growth. I think it would be massive this time around.
Old 27-06-2010, 04:59   #254
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
On flip side, i knew gus ike Asamoah were good, but honestly.... ghana is REALLY good.
I told you Ghana was good. Seriously they have talent, geez, even with their best player out, their performance today (bar let's say the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and the last few minutes when they did a wonderful time wasting-I can't blame them for that-) was incredible. They have to be more careful with the fouls and marking, easily could've gotten a red card at the start of the 2nd half, and they did lots of fouls near the area (and there was one inside the area before the pk that the ref didn't call, but that could've been a pk). But everything else was worthy.

Agree on the Ricardo Clark being a wasted sub, don't understand why he started. Also, not sure why Jozy was subbed, cause the minute he was, they lost all presence going forward, sure his finish was terrible, but seriously the man at least brought lots of danger in the zone.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 05:03   #255
Ali Daei
Kaliris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post

Its never gonna help when you can make more money playing basketball or baseball.
for example: kobe makes around 30 mill a year usd. not including sponsors
highest paid soccer player in the mls gets around 900,000 a year
(Landon donovan)

Last edited by Ali Daei; 27-06-2010 at 05:09.
Ali Daei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 05:20   #256
ww
Banned

A WC in USA would be nice. Their production (money) make it worth.

I liked the Atlanta Olympics closing cerimony.

I'm NOT gay!
Old 27-06-2010, 05:30   #257
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Eh, aren't the best attendances records for a WC for 1994? The thing is that I don't think FIFA will like to keep the WC out of Europe for so long, and that TV schedules issue again (players bitched about it back in 86 and 94 that they had to play at noon on summer, just cause that's prime time for Europe). And I also don't think they'll keep the WC in America for 2 tournaments in a row. But the US has modern stadiums (not much investment needed), with lots of capacities, there won't be trouble keeping the stadiums full, per se it's a country that doesn't need much investment to bring that much people to an event.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 06:31   #258
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

After getting some bad news from my sis, this game was about the last thing on my mind. Disappointed by the loss, but I'm still proud of them.

Congrats to Ghana, btw. The one I was impressed with was Kingson, he was a brick wall today.

Oh for the ones drunk on American haterade...I wish I had something of wit to say or some cutsy pic or youtube vid to post, but right now...my give a fuck is busted! Sorry charlies, maybe next time.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 08:43   #259
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
thought he was a douche before. But scoring against usa doesnt help, and his celebration... runnning to TV. Grow up. Made some dirty challenges too

oh and his dice tatoo makes me wanna punch him. Sweeeet Tatoo Bra! Want a shot of jaegar too!?

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 08:55   #260
acm55
Rossonero

Ghana was playing very well,deserved the victory.I won receiving moreover,dared before the executive committee that way I bet that 8 are the best ones they get in between it.
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote