The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso does consider Halilovic not yet ready for Italian football. Gattuso has gained those assessments during the summer, and every training session. Gattuso has no personal problems with Halilovic.

Gattuso and the Milan management thinks that it is better to try another solution. Milan has already made their choice; it will be easier to see Halilovic on a 6-month loan in January or a permanent sale. [@FabrizioRomano]

He needs a mid table club and lots of playing time.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Former Milan CEO Marco Fassone claims Li Yonghong wanted to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, ‘but I convinced him to give up the dream’.

“It’s true, Yonghong Li wanted Cristiano Ronaldo at Milan,” he told Il Sole 24 Ore.

“Mr. Li wanted CR7 at the Rossoneri because he believed [Ronaldo] had great strength in the Chinese market.

“The player wanted to leave Madrid. We met in July 2017 with his agent Mendes to check the costs and his availability.

“It was then that I convinced him to give up the dream: Ronaldo was too expensive. I think Milan were led by an excellent board of directors. We made 20m more turnover.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gattuso does consider Halilovic not yet ready for Italian football. Gattuso has gained those assessments during the summer, and every training session. Gattuso has no personal problems with Halilovic.

Gattuso and the Milan management thinks that it is better to try another solution. Milan has already made their choice; it will be easier to see Halilovic on a 6-month loan in January or a permanent sale. [@FabrizioRomano]
While borini is ready..

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Cant wait for january.

Our trophies are becoming signings... people look forward to transfers... we have turned into Inter

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
While borini is ready..

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Well, this is kinda true.
Borini has been a constant steady shit for YEARS, while Halilovic actually has potential and needs time to show it...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Muy interesting interview from Fassone with Il Sole 24 Ore. Basically his first interview since last summer. It throws a little bit of light in that shady-awkward situation Yonghong Li created:

On the board of directors:
"I believe that Milan was led by an excellent board of directors: There were Roberto Cappelli, Marco Patuano and Paolo Scaroni, from which two are still present in the new board. All decisions were taken unanimously. We were not friends, but almost."

On the loss of 126 millions:
"Under my management, compared to 2016-17, we have made 20 million more revenues and 50 million more margin. The 126 million loss includes 45 million extraordinary components which where not in the budget during my management:

22 millions are due to devaluations of players such as Kalinic and Bacca who were sold after my departure, 17.5 millions due to provisions for me and 5 other managers who left the club, salaries of the players from the second team which was abandoned after my departure and the rest to set aside for a possible UUEFA fine.

Without these 45 million write-downs and provisions, I would have closed the balance with a loss of 81-82 million, which would have been better by 10 millions than the initial business plan.The costs have increased for the salaries of the players and for the Uefa trips, which were not there in the year before without Europe. The other general costs decreased by 6 millions. In any case, the value of today's roaster is much higher than the one of June 2016."

On the business plan developed by Fassone and being too optimistic:
"Surely the values ​​shown in the Chinese market revenue plan were too optimistic. President Yonghong Li was convinced that he could hit those targets. As we have seen, China has given zero, but we managed to almost compensate the missing incomings with stadium revenues and above all capital gains: 35 million in last year's summer campaign, giving Niang to Torino and Lapadula to Genoa. In the end, we were overall 6 millions lower. Nevertheless, excluding China, the result was significantly better than the budget forseen in the business plan."

However, UEFA denied the businessplan more than once:
"All I can say is that TAS has denied the UEFA theses and defined the business plan forecasts accurate and reachable and indicated that the management was correct."

On Yonghong Li and his disappearance:
"I've never seen him again. Sometimes I hear his right-hand man David Li. I do not know where the money came from to buy the club. I don't know if it was his own or borrowed. However the most prestigious advisors were involved in the operation with Fininvest: from Lazard and Rothschild to Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli. Why should I doubt?"

How Li lost the club in the end:
"In the Board of Directors it was decided that, should the Chinese revenues not arrive, Mr. Li would have to make capital increases totaling 120 million. As time went by, it became obvious that the Chinese revenues would not arrive. Mr. Li had already put another 88 million into the club. To meet the agreements, there were those infamous 32 millions left. In the end, Mr. Li preferred to default, and Elliott anticipated the money as agreed. It surprised me too."

Between Milan and Marco Fassone the dispute is still open:
"At Milan I was general manager. I don't want to comment the numbers, but if I had accepted what was proposed by Milan (about 2 million euros), knowing that the agreements were different, I would have given the impression that I had left the club with something to hide. So I refused. In the end the judge will decide."

At the end, the market bomb:
"Misterr Li wanted Cristiano Ronaldo because he believed he had a great strength on the Chinese market. The player wanted to leave Madrid, and we met in July 2017 with his attorney Mendes, to check the costs and availability of the player. Then I persuaded Mr. Li to let go of the dream, because Ronaldo was too expensive."

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The meeting in Nyon between Milan and UEFA is underway in Nyon. The Milan management arrived just before 9.30 CET, and consists of Scaroni, Tuil, Furlani and Gordon Singer. [Sky]

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
The meeting in Nyon between Milan and UEFA is underway in Nyon. The Milan management arrived just before 9.30 CET, and consists of Scaroni, Tuil, Furlani and Gordon Singer. [Sky]

This is where we get to see if our new owners and management are as influential and powerful as we hope.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Zlatan has many requests from other teams in Europe, but he is only waiting on a call from Leonardo. Milan & Leonardo will now wait on UEFA's decision before signing Ibrahimovic. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Ideally - the verdict will be the 17m fine and a voluntary arrangement.

Then increase in revenues, Gazidis arrives and the stadium project with Inter takes shape.

Then in addition to Paqueta, Leo and Paolo get:

One of Ibra or Pato.

One of Rodrigo Caio or Benatia.

One of Paredes, Cesc, Tonali or Fabinho (ideally two because Jack is out of the season, but that may be a bit too much for FFP).

The boys reach fourth place in Serie A.

In the summer we get an energetic, fast left winger like Lozano and another midfielder to replace Bakayoko. Squad is complete.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The meeting between the Milan board and UEFA's Adjudicatory Chamber has ended. UEFA's FFP sanctions on Milan is expected to take place in December. [Sky]

Last edited:

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Giuseppe Rossi is. Feee agent and can be signed outside the window - sign him till the end of the season - super low wage and it’ll improve our centre forward depth!

Yes his injury prone but there is 0 risk

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
Caio has a European passport doesn’t he?

Paqueta and Paredes are non EU so we can’t have all 3 if that Caio rumour is true.

Personally I’d rather we went for Benatia, he is an animal of a defender.

Of the crop of mentioned central defenders I would prefer Benatia. He is Serie A/Eurocup proven defender.

We have good ball-playing defenders but are lacking physicality. We struggle against strong centre-forwards and Benatia would be the man to get the job done.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Zlatan has many requests from other teams in Europe, but he is only waiting on a call from Leonardo. Milan & Leonardo will now wait on UEFA's decision before signing Ibrahimovic. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

200w.gif

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is willing to return to Milan even on a 6-month deal with reasonable wages of around €2m. Contacts are ongoing between Leonardo and Raiola for the return of Zlatan.
[Gazzetta dello Sport]

allah w akbar.. ForzA Sultan Brahim

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

:conf: where is the lawyer battalion?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of the crop of mentioned central defenders I would prefer Benatia. He is Serie A/Eurocup proven defender.

We have good ball-playing defenders but are lacking physicality. We struggle against strong centre-forwards and Benatia would be the man to get the job done.

Who?

Our biggest weakness in defence this year is that we lack a ball-playing-defender à la Bonucci (without his defending).

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So...

we let go of Ronaldo, and went for Kalinic instead. Seems legit.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Scaroni to Sky: "I don't know when will the sanctions will arrive, I hope that they will be released shortly. Gordon Singer? His presence is always significant."

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
uh... im sorry ? Romagnoli ? RR ? even Musacchio

ball playing defenders isnt our biggest weakness

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
we do lack physicality in defense and Benatia would be more than welcome with his aggressive arab approach

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
Who?

Our biggest weakness in defence this year is that we lack a ball-playing-defender à la Bonucci (without his defending).

Well, Bonucci is the best in the business. I consider RR, Roma and Musacchio good with the ball distribution.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
uh... im sorry ? Romagnoli ? RR ? even Musacchio

ball playing defenders isnt our biggest weakness

I wouldn't call any of them "ball playing defenders". I had hopes for Romagnoli to become that but haven't seen any improvement in that regard. Zapata is probably our best passer in defense.

RR is very good at making a 180, shrimp down and pass back to CB.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I wouldn't call any of them "ball playing defenders". I had hopes for Romagnoli to become that but haven't seen any improvement in that regard. Zapata is probably our best passer in defense.

RR is very good at making a 180, shrimp down and pass back to CB.

For me a good ball playing CB is someone who has good ball control, who does not stress like Zapata whenever hes pressed and can release it without causing problems. Doesnt have to give assists..

Maybe we have a different definition of a ball playing defender.. Lets just say Bonucci is the exception here cause no one do the things he does with the ball..
Ramos,Hummels and T.silva to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule