The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 27-02-2017, 14:13   #501
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawad View Post
Europa league is not really something we should look for as much, there isn't much money or glory playing in europa league, the down side for it is that we will be less rested and this will affect your CL chances for next year.

i only care about our standing if we reached the CL football(which is very unlikely) or if we surpass man united in the standing, as i make a bet with my friend over a large steak depends who finish above(milan or Man united) other than that i only care about next season when the real transfer begins.
EL gives us a chance to blood youngsters and another route to enter CL
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 14:54   #502
Alo88
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Europa league is not really something we should look for as much, there isn't much money or glory playing in europa league, the down side for it is that we will be less rested and this will affect your CL chances for next year.

i only care about our standing if we reached the CL football(which is very unlikely) or if we surpass man united in the standing, as i make a bet with my friend over a large steak depends who finish above(milan or Man united) other than that i only care about next season when the real transfer begins.

Tbh for me it definitely matters if we end up 4th or 11th.

EL is not comparable to CL but should not be snobed neither. Winning EL can give you visuability too. Teams like Sevilla or Monaco or Sporting Lisabon wouldn't be in anyones minds if they wouldn't do well regularly in EL. Don't forget where we came from, we probably won't sky rocket ourself back into Europes Elite, it will more probably be a step by step thing and yes, EL can be one important step in our developement.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 15:29   #503
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
Sassuolo, Duncan, Berardi, Matri, Acerbi, Pellegrini, Consigli and especially that weirdo Di Francesco can all fuck off

Edit: Maybe not Acerbi
Surprising how Acerbi struggled so much with pace when he played with us. Maybe because of his illness.

Pelligrini had some good dribbles but was a cunt.

Duncan and Politano though, wouldn't be bad pick ups

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 19:33   #504
tuccero9
Senior Team Member

Quote:

no we cannot afford another season without Europe.
so since we cannot qualify for champions league then we should qualify for Europa league and this is a non-negotiable objective for us.
anyway the objective from the start of the season is the return the Europe so if we qualify for Europa league we will complete our objective for the season.
maybe Europa league is not as glorious as champions league but we need to improve year after year to reach the top.
this is not playstation football. you cannot expect that for 3-4 years you finish at the middle of the table and then suddenly you will compete for the scudetto or champions league.
this is also taken into account that we are building a team with a lot of youngsters. so these players first they need to learn how to become champions, how to compete in multiple competitions and how to win titles.
its not like we will aim for the Europa league every year. but this year, yes Europa league is the target and must be achieved
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 20:44   #505
Tadej
Banned

We can afford anything without siliconi.
Tadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:50   #506
Cloren
Rookie

Surely Milan will quality for at least EL this year? I can't stand another year without European football. It's quite annoying to see the team above us not dropping point, disgusting consistency rofl
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:43   #507
Alo88
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Surely Milan will quality for at least EL this year? I can't stand another year without European football. It's quite annoying to see the team above us not dropping point, disgusting consistency rofl

Like Atalanta wining against Napoli ffs.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote