The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Mirabelli's trying to copy the approaches of the Atletico/Monaco Sporting Director's by buying potential top players at knockdown prices. Only problem is we don't have the necessary world class coach like they do to exploit their talent. Atletico has Simeone and Monaco Jardim who know how to get the best out of their man. Just like Gasperini overperformed with Atalanta last year significantly raising the value of their squad or how Conte was a step away from the Euro semi-finals with an extremely limited Italian squad.

Unfortunately Middweller's an extremely limited coach who's starting to show his true limitations. I know one thing though, if we do manage to hire a top coach like Conte then he'll inherit a squad with huge potential (Donna, Bonucci, Musacchio, Roma, Conti, Rodriguez, Biglia, Kessie, Hakan, Loca, Suso & Silva). With a top player in midfield and attack someone who knows what they're doing could work wonders with that team.

If Gasperini is such a top coach, why did he fail with Inter and otherwise flirt around the doldrums?

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
If Gasperini is such a top coach, why did he fail with Inter and otherwise flirt around the doldrums?

to add to this, montella took unknown players like valero, gonzalo rodriguez and players who everyone thought were dead like pizzaro and aquilani and performed miracles at fiore

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
We bought young players that have a potential to become great.

Isnt this a bit contradicting? First you say a great scout finds player everyone would want before anyone else, then you say our players arent world class yet.... well, of course.. thats the point of scouting isnt it?

Those were all well known players that other teams were aware of but didn't want, which in my mind hints that they may not even have that potential although I hope I'm wrong. Nor were they purchased on the cheap. My criticism is pointed towards Mirabelli's alleged scouting abilities not the players themselves.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If i remember well Fassone (or Mira) said we wont need to sell if we fail to qualify this year, but if we fail 2 years.... then we will have trouble =)

There was some interview where they said something like that, dont feel like finding it tho

Let's see what happens at the end of the year. Actions speak louder than words. If we fail to qualify for CL I doubt we'll have a decent mercato budget so we'll be forced to sacrifice a player or two.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Because the idiots sacked him after just 5 games! A new coach needs time to implement his system as we're starting to find out. Don't forget he began last season on a losing streak and was on the verge of getting fired before turning things around and finishing 4th.

It's not just his recent form with Atalanta that makes him good though. In his first stint at Genoa (when Serie A was strong) he managed to finish 5th with Mourinho saying he was the toughest Manager to play against. His second stint at Genoa didn't go too badly either. In the 2014/15 season he finished 6th resulting in direct entry to the Europa league.

I think he's an extremely underrated coach and will explode once a big team gives him a fair shake of the dice like Sarri. The 3-0 whooping of Everton the other week was a masterclass.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Because the idiots sacked him after just 5 games! A new coach needs time to implement his system as we're starting to find out. Don't forget he began last season on a losing streak and was on the verge of getting fired before turning things around and finishing 4th.

It's not just his recent form with Atalanta that makes him good though. In his first stint at Genoa (when Serie A was strong) he managed to finish 5th with Mourinho saying he was the toughest Manager to play against. His second stint at Genoa didn't go too badly either. In the 2014/15 season he finished 6th resulting in direct entry to the Europa league.

I think he's an extremely underrated coach and will explode once a big team gives him a fair shake of the dice like Sarri. The 3-0 whooping of Everton the other week was a masterclass.

Fair enough.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
so beautiful and such a legend

This is a far more legendary and beautiful video. Half the team won the Ballon d'Or :( I wonder if we'll ever attract these types of players again :cry:

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
how many times did montella say this summer he told the board what he needs and in the end they didnt deliver shit?

milans best game was a pre season game against bayern with a 4-3-3 where we saw Niang - Cutrone - Suso in attack. I dont know WHY we sold Niang but Niang in that game he was uncontrollable and easily our best player alongside frank the tank. wtf is montella supposed to do when he's been training his team under a specific system for a whole year and is now told to play 3-5-2 because mirabelli has no plan? you guys do realize milan has NO OTHER player now that can run that many kilometers other than one kessie?

you guys all blame last seasons downfall on the bonaventura injury but IMO milan went to shit when Niang lost his head. Niang's physical presence is what milan in the first half of that season. he actually offers so much off the ball it's not even funny. if i was a coach i would always start a player like niang even if he didnt score goals. hes going to become a loser now at torino but it actually makes me so angry we didn't just continue off montella's good work from last season and started from scratch with another set of unproven players

Whatever virtues you think Niang has does not erase the fact that he's an idiot. I've seen at least three goals against Torino this season that were %100 his fault. That's hard to do as a winger, being directly at fault for so many goals against. He's just stupid. I don't want stupid on my team.

Also, Niang had a good 3 years to develop into the stupid player that he is. Why not give the same courtesy to all the new players we got?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a far more legendary and beautiful video. Half the team won the Ballon d'Or :( I wonder if we'll ever attract these types of players again :cry:

Berlu was the man who we have to thank for all past glories

this team was the greatest team ever

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Mirabelli's trying to copy the approaches of the Atletico/Monaco Sporting Director's by buying potential top players at knockdown prices.

Which players did we buy at knockdown price? let alone being potential top palyer.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Conti too. You can't be the top attacking FB in Europe last season without having serious talent.

Although only really Rodriguez and Hakan were bought on the cheap. Conti, Kessie, Silva were bought at market value.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
True but I know one thing and that's money talks. If you throw enough money at a player they'll practically go anywhere. Look at what PSG did this summer or how they took Silva and Ibra off us when they were rebuilding. Given the Milan brand history this should be far easier for us.

Hopefully it works that way for us.The way the team is ATM theres no way we make 3rd/4th.But the season is long.Signs arent good though.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's see what happens at the end of the year. Actions speak louder than words. If we fail to qualify for CL I doubt we'll have a decent mercato budget so we'll be forced to sacrifice a player or two.

What keeps me optimistic is their 4-5 years plan. If the case is as you say, then they would sell top players after first years of fail and that means they cant get to CL even next year... so whats the point of having several years plan, if your first one means quitting?

Those were all well known players that other teams were aware of but didn't want, which in my mind hints that they may not even have that potential although I hope I'm wrong. Nor were they purchased on the cheap. My criticism is pointed towards Mirabelli's alleged scouting abilities not the players themselves.

I got your point, however, you and i cant know which player will become top. Not even top scouts that you talk about know it for sure, for each good buy they have 10 fails/average... so, to see if your opinion is right, we will need to wait :)
Also, some of them were cheap.. i think the best example is RR and imho Kessie, but Silva wasnt that cheap yeah.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
What keeps me optimistic is their 4-5 years plan. If the case is as you say, then they would sell top players after first years of fail and that means they cant get to CL even next year... so whats the point of having several years plan, if your first one means quitting?

Given there's 4 CL places available now, I believe the 5 year plan assumes qualification for the CL every year or at least CL qualification to fund a big mercato. I highly doubt we'll have 100m+ to invest in the market this summer if we fail to qualify for the CL given we've spent 170m net. That's why I assume any future transfers would be funded by player sales (particularly Donna + Suso).

In fact, here's a recent article where Fassone said so himself:

“I have a plan A and a plan B. I have presented UEFA a more conservative plan, which shows the expected progress even in a scenario when the club stays out of Champions in the next season. In that case, my investment on the transfer market can not be high and we should consider the idea of selling one of our top players.“

https://www.acmilaninfo.com/fassone-plan-b-milan-champions-league/

I remember Mirabelli saying we held back some of the summer mercato budget to strengthen the team in winter. If that's true then I'd strongly advise him not to spend another penny until we've hired a top coach who knows what he's doing. Otherwise we'll be left with more unwanted deadwood like Kalinic.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Take it easy on the panic/meltdown button people. Yes I get that many are disappointed with the loss to Lazio and Samp both were very poor games for Milan. I will reiterate again this is almost an entirely new team and there will be mistakes and set-backs (hopefully not too many!) do not panic with 6 games played there is plenty of time! it is a long season!.

If we fail to make CL then by all means critique away! with this squad CL football should be very plausible and it is up to Montella to find the right balance in the squad that can deliver that CL spot. It is crucial to our season and if we fail Montella will be sacked, he knows better than anyone.

Just wait until there is a genuine reason to dismiss Montella or dismiss some of the new players brought in. It is way too early to be passing judgement on anything or anyone yet. I hoped they would click sooner also but it doesn't always work that way give it time and if the time arrives where we are so far behind a CL spot is mathematically impossible, then if the new owners are serious they will evaluate the situation, remove the pieces that are not working even if it means taking a loss and build on what is working.

Of course I hope we will find ourselves in a position of playing CL football next season and investing heavily on players who can help us compete in the CL again.

Calm Please!

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

best...video...EVER...

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Given there's 4 CL places available now, I believe the 5 year plan assumes qualification for the CL every year or at least CL qualification to fund a big mercato. I highly doubt we'll have 100m+ to invest in the market this summer if we fail to qualify for the CL given we've spent 170m net. That's why I assume any future transfers would be funded by player sales (particularly Donna + Suso).

In fact, here's a recent article where Fassone said so himself:

“I have a plan A and a plan B. I have presented UEFA a more conservative plan, which shows the expected progress even in a scenario when the club stays out of Champions in the next season. In that case, my investment on the transfer market can not be high and we should consider the idea of selling one of our top players.“

https://www.acmilaninfo.com/fassone-plan-b-milan-champions-league/

I remember Mirabelli saying we held back some of the summer mercato budget to strengthen the team in winter. If that's true then I'd strongly advise him not to spend another penny until we've hired a top coach who knows what he's doing. Otherwise we'll be left with more unwanted deadwood like Kalinic.

:conf:
Kalinic is one of the best performing new players.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Roma game is vital, lose and its over

what if we win roma and lose inter , it is still over ?

what if we lose roma and win inter , what then ?

i will start to worry when it is the xmas break and we re 20 points off

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
you know what gave me cancer? signing Borini from Sunderland on a 2.5m year wage

you know what still gives me cancer? listening to that peasent fat fuck mirabelli speak like an absolute twit with his low level citizen italian dialect
Well you should send your great idea directly to his email...

mir4b3ll1_cute@acmilan.com

There you go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what if we win roma and lose inter , it is still over ?

what if we lose roma and win inter , what then ?

i will start to worry when it is the xmas break and we re 20 points off
If we wait until xmas, and we are 20 points off, it would be too late.

Game over.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mark my words.
If we continue with Montella, before xmas we will having 4 losses already in serie A.

So, sack him ASAP, hire a caretaker, get Conte next season

And you guys can thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule