The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Surely you understand that we are posting in an internet forum based on football and I was making a light hearted/trolly post. Surely you can achieve the results you want if you are extremely careful...but we're talking about a guy that got FIRED by someone who has worked with him for years. My post was based on my theorizing what may have happened...and was catered to the comical side of what could have happened. If the lethargic performances we have seen in the field bear any correlation to their diet then my (comical) scenario would actually be closer to the truth. The "peer review" of my theory was unnecessary and neither was calling a light hearted remark as ignorant.

Also I don't drink cow's milk. I'm allergic. Drink almond milk

#ShouldntHaveToExplainThis :mb:

Almond milk. God knows how almonds manage to conceal their breasts.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
what if we win roma and lose inter , it is still over ?

what if we lose roma and win inter , what then ?

i will start to worry when it is the xmas break and we re 20 points off

Thats galliani way and that is why people here settle with mediocrity for last 5 years.

We need result and montella doesnt deliver shit. Its really simple ffs. Sack him asap

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
to be fair maldini, tasotti, baresi, costacurta and albertini were already there(not a small deal...)

i know, but Silvio invested to make the team even bigger and challenge for the EC I

not sure what could have happend if we didn't get dutch trio, boban, savicevic...

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Mark my words.
If we continue with Montella, before xmas we will having 4 losses already in serie A.

So, sack him ASAP, hire a caretaker, get Conte next season

And you guys can thank me later.

Duh, the team with 4 losses with half the season done and the sun rises from the east. If you are gonna make a statement, at least try something bolder.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mark my words.
If we continue with Montella, before xmas we will having 4 losses already in serie A.

we already have 2 loses
so you predict that from now till christmas we ll make two loses in 3 full months.....what a prediction.who are you nostradamus?

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i know, but Silvio invested to make the team even bigger and challenge for the EC I

not sure what could have happend if we didn't get dutch trio, boban, savicevic...

i dont disagree
i just wanted to be fair
and having 4-5 great(some of them G.O.A.T. in their position) players from your academy is not a small deal...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
what if we win roma and lose inter , it is still over ?

what if we lose roma and win inter , what then ?

i will start to worry when it is the xmas break and we re 20 points off

That's a bit too late :)

I'd rather we worry now, get a new coach and be in top4 by xmas.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nacho Fernandez has been Zinedine Zidane’s wildcard at Real Madrid. However, according to reports from ElGolDigital.com, the defender may leave Los Blancos this winter for Milan.

According to ElGolDigital.com, the defender is disapointed in the lack of starts at Santiago Bernabeu which allegedly has led Los Blancos to activate a “hidden plan” to sign Real Sociedad’s defensive ace, Iñigo Martinez, making Nacho Fernandez free to leave.

Nacho Fernandez is seen as one of Real Madrid’s most effective players and was one of the clubs most used players last season. However, he wants to start, which is something the Spanish giants can’t guarantee.

The website then continues to state that AC Milan has lodged a bid worth €35million to acquire the services of the 27 year old defender. A deal that may face it’s obstacles and complications, however yet a deal that is still valued and lucrative for Real Madrid as it funds their ambitions to bring Iñigo Martinez to Bernabeu

The site claims that the Rossoneri want to make Fernandez their star signing of the winter mercato

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Mark my words.

I think we'll have more than 4 the way its going.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Another defender, that's what we need :fp:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Nacho Fernandez has been Zinedine Zidane’s wildcard at Real Madrid. However, according to reports from ElGolDigital.com, the defender may leave Los Blancos this winter for Milan.

According to ElGolDigital.com, the defender is disapointed in the lack of starts at Santiago Bernabeu which allegedly has led Los Blancos to activate a “hidden plan” to sign Real Sociedad’s defensive ace, Iñigo Martinez, making Nacho Fernandez free to leave.

Nacho Fernandez is seen as one of Real Madrid’s most effective players and was one of the clubs most used players last season. However, he wants to start, which is something the Spanish giants can’t guarantee.

The website then continues to state that AC Milan has lodged a bid worth €35million to acquire the services of the 27 year old defender. A deal that may face it’s obstacles and complications, however yet a deal that is still valued and lucrative for Real Madrid as it funds their ambitions to bring Iñigo Martinez to Bernabeu

The site claims that the Rossoneri want to make Fernandez their star signing of the winter mercato

top rumour :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Sell Suso, buy a proper fucking coach. Give Conte the millions he needs to quit Chelsea, pay him a king's ransom and watch us win the fucking league.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
No point buying Nacho without an queso. Why would we sell Suso? We have a lack of wingers as is.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
No point buying Nacho without an queso. Why would we sell Suso? We have a lack of wingers as is.

Because he is not one obviously?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Because he is not one obviously?

The guy that played 97 out of his 135 pro games as a right wing... is not a winger?

Oh yeah, totally obvious, sorry for ever questioning that. It should've been plain obvious from this that he is a central defender.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The guy that played 97 out of his 135 pro games as a right wing... is not a winger?

Oh yeah, totally obvious, sorry for ever questioning that. It should've been plain obvious from this that he is a central defender.

Yeah except that he played most games as attacking midfielder as well... but sure. Winger is a guy like Robben, not fucking Suso.

There's no point in misusing him, but okay lets keep playing him out of position because fuck logic.

Maybe he scores a few goals against some shitty EL sides, or Serie B teams that shouldn't be in Serie A...and that will surely prove me wrong.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah except that he played most games as attacking midfielder as well... but sure. Winger is a guy like Robben, not fucking Suso.

There's no point in misusing him, but okay lets keep playing him out of position because fuck logic.

Maybe he scores a few goals against some shitty EL sides, or Serie B teams that shouldn't be in Serie A...and that will surely prove me wrong.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/suso/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/111961/saison/2016/verein//liga//wettbewerb//pos//trainer_id//plus/0

Okay, RW is short for attacking midfielder, right?

Also, interesting you use Robben as an example for a different player when both Robben and Suso are known for cutting inside from the wing :lol:

We're misusing him when we play him as an SS next to one striker, not when he's an actual winger in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

You can argue to sell him on the grounds that he doesnt fit the formation at the moment, but don't claim he's not a winger when he is exactly that.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Suso is excellent on the wings. We should've stuck to a 4-3-3 to make the most of his abilities.

It's clear that Suso is still the best attacking player we've got.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Robben is much faster, more clinical finisher, better longshot, better physical etc...
He is one of a kind, everyone knows what hes gonna do but noone can stop him. He is the only winger in the world who can play like that ( cut inside everytime )
Suso playstyle is similar but he is more like AMR.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben is much faster, more clinical finisher, better longshot, better physical etc...
He is one of a kind, everyone knows what hes gonna do but noone can stop him. He is the only winger in the world who can play like that ( cut inside everytime )
Suso playstyle is similar but he is more like AMR.

Yes, Suso is a worse version of Robben and I never claimed otherwise but Suso is very much a player that plays on the wing right next or right behind the strikers. That's a winger however you want to spin it.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

AZ has a point.
He plays at the wings, sure, he’s more a playmaker/forward/?... definetly not a winger.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Take it easy on the panic/meltdown button people. Yes I get that many are disappointed with the loss to Lazio and Samp both were very poor games for Milan. I will reiterate again this is almost an entirely new team and there will be mistakes and set-backs (hopefully not too many!) do not panic with 6 games played there is plenty of time! it is a long season!.

If we fail to make CL then by all means critique away! with this squad CL football should be very plausible and it is up to Montella to find the right balance in the squad that can deliver that CL spot. It is crucial to our season and if we fail Montella will be sacked, he knows better than anyone.

Just wait until there is a genuine reason to dismiss Montella or dismiss some of the new players brought in. It is way too early to be passing judgement on anything or anyone yet. I hoped they would click sooner also but it doesn't always work that way give it time and if the time arrives where we are so far behind a CL spot is mathematically impossible, then if the new owners are serious they will evaluate the situation, remove the pieces that are not working even if it means taking a loss and build on what is working.

Of course I hope we will find ourselves in a position of playing CL football next season and investing heavily on players who can help us compete in the CL again.

Calm Please!

Did you read the quote I posted from Fassone? He said if we fail to qualify for CL we can rule out another big transfer campaign. He also said we may have to sacrifice a top player or two. That's why we're concerned as was he when he slated the team after the Samp game. If we can't reach CL after UEFA opened up another spot and spending 230m how will we do it next year on a shoe-string budget? Also, to attract a top coach like Conte we'll need a big transfer budget. That was the main reason why he left Juventus and almost left Chelsea this summer.

Our only saving grace is that Spalletti is having the same problems at Inter. They're also playing like shit only difference being they're winning games through pure luck.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Ferrero: “Milan spent €200m, but didn’t have a shot on target against us!”

:lol::lol::lol::fp:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Yes, Suso is a worse version of Robben and I never claimed otherwise but Suso is very much a player that plays on the wing right next or right behind the strikers. That's a winger however you want to spin it.

Dou dont understand my point, i mean suso more like a right playmaker, amr sth like that
Wingers need to be very fast and should stay more on the wing or balance both cut inside and stick to the touchline.
Only one winger cut inside everytime is robben but still success because of his one of a kind skillset.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
That's a bit too late :)

I'd rather we worry now, get a new coach and be in top4 by xmas.

during the summer , everybody from legends to hobos called for patience and now 6 games in Milanisti are ready for a mediocre caretaker ?

im all in for a top coach but for now id rather we keep the same personal

Thats galliani way and that is why people here settle with mediocrity for last 5 years.

We need result and montella doesnt deliver shit. Its really simple ffs. Sack him asap

au contraire mon ami...

galliani way is sacking the coach as soon as he doesnt like him anymore and replacing him with anymore average one,

this is exactly what you want to do. Thank goodness you dont work in football

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AZ has a point.
He plays at the wings, sure, he’s more a playmaker/forward/?... definetly not a winger.

Do we count Arijen Robben as a winger or just players that cross all the time? Statswise he provides both assists and scores goals in similar volume. He plays on the wing and attacks from various angles but he does love cutting inside. Of course he is a winger.

I just realized we're discussing how much someone is right wing in two threads :lol:

Dou dont understand my point, i mean suso more like a right playmaker, amr sth like that
Wingers need to be very fast and should stay more on the wing or balance both cut inside and stick to the touchline.
Only one winger cut inside everytime is robben but still success because of his one of a kind skillset.

If you count Robben as a winger, then Suso applies too. The varying degrees of success cannot be counted as a qualifier for that distinction.

Suso scores and asissts in similar volumes so I refrain from calling him either a playmaker or forward/scorer type. Players don't need to be fast to be classified as a winger - it helps to be fast to be a successful winger.

When I started the argument with AZ, I clearly talked about the position on the wing. He claimed Suso is not a winger, which obviously is wrong. The case is pretty cut and dry.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Did you read the quote I posted from Fassone? He said if we fail to qualify for CL we can rule out another big transfer campaign. He also said we may have to sacrifice a top player or two. That's why we're concerned as was he when he slated the team after the Samp game. If we can't reach CL after UEFA opened up another spot and spending 230m how will we do it next year on a shoe-string budget? Also, to attract a top coach like Conte we'll need a big transfer budget. That was the main reason why he left Juventus and almost left Chelsea this summer.

Our only saving grace is that Spalletti is having the same problems at Inter. They're also playing like shit only difference being they're winning games through pure luck.

They've said the opposite in fact. Mirabelli had said a month or so back that even if we do not qualify to the CL this year, we won't give up important players and will try to make up the money with more sponsorship.

And why do we need a big transfer campaign every season anyway? All we need next summer would be 1-3 signings based on who flops this season and depth.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Suso is def a right winger how’s this even up for debate? His abilities all revolve around 1-2 dribbles cut inside and shoot or go wide and cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.