Who will make the semis?

• Total voters

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
2e5plz4.jpg

16:00 Port Elizabeth, the Dutch will meet the Brazilians.

2 teams who used to play great football but both are really economical on this stage. Both teams came here with only 1 goal, bringing the cup back home.

Let me be honest, i'm not proud at all on my teams football. Only on the results. I don't like this style of Football, they proceed to the next round with minimum waste of energy and they controlled 85% of all the games on this tournament. We have the players & the system to play great football but they only do whats necessary to stay in the tournament. I've already heard all the insults that we play like Germans :head:.

Last tournaments we played awesome football and we ended in the first match after the group stage, but everybody still is talking about those matches. When we go out against Brazil it is an horrible tournament with boring perfomances, if we proceed to the semi finals we got an golden opportunity (Ghana/Uruguay) to make the final and this tournament will never be forgotten.

I really hope v Marwijk takes the gamble and plays Elia against Maicon & Robben against Bastos. Its attack against attack on both sides. Midfield battle will be horrible with Brazils brick wall in the center of there team so if we want to hurt them we need to do it by using the flanks, then we have a big opportunity to make it a great game (we have the tendence to play great against great teams and horrible against bad teams).

But besides all of this crap, i have a lot of faith in a good result. I predict a 2-1 win. Brazil will get one chance, and Brazil & a chance = goal.

Revenge for 94 & 98 (where we deserved it) bitchezzz :star:;)

What do you guys think?

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
I think that Brazil is going to win. I don't have much trust in the dutch defense. No De Boer or Stam to make it tough there.

If Netherlands wanna win, will need to surprise Brazil to score goals and find a way to keep the result, which is something very hard to do. I think that this Brazil is better tactically and have a tougher defense.

Currently, the teams who have more chances against Brazil are Germany and Uruguay, whose defenses are well-organized.

Brazil deserved to win in 98 but in 94 Brazil really cheated. Anyway it's very hard to know who would win in 94 if Branco didn't have cheated.

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In 98 we were better in extra time and should have got an 200% PK in the final minutes after the foul on v Hooijdonk. We didn't deserve to lose there but Taffarel did a great job.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Stop Robben & it would be easier than Chile.
Even with Robben kicking ass I just dont see Holland's defense resisting to much.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I almost voted unconsiously for Orange. What does that mean?

Huge draw this, that's for sure. Before World Cup I was struggling a lot about this one, but now I like Brazil to go through.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Btw i can't take this at all. I was really nervous in the past 4 games against Japan, Denmark, Cameroon & Slovakia. Now we're playing Brazil..

So nervous and its 3 more days to go :(

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Btw i can't take this at all. I was really nervous in the past 4 games against Japan, Denmark, Cameroon & Slovakia. Now we're playing Brazil..

So nervous and its 3 more days to go :(

I really don't understand you being nervous against Slovakia or Cameroon (you already were through!!)...

Against Brazil, now THAT is something to be nervous about... every Brazil defender is better than the Dutch defender, both midfields are nice, but Brazil seems to be better in finishing their chances... and Brazil plays a smart tactical game... aye, Dutch seem in trouble.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really don't understand you being nervous against Slovakia or Cameroon (you already were through!!)...
Ok, i wasn't against Cameroon but i really was against the rest. I'm always really confident but 15 mins before the start (also with every Milan match) i get really really nervous.

World cup is 5 times that amount of stress for me. But i enjoy it 50 times better when my team scores & when the job is done.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Now, I wanted to see both teams play till the very end. Well let's hope whoever wins this, wins it all. I've been rooting for Brazil, and will not stop now.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In 98 we were better in extra time and should have got an 200% PK in the final minutes after the foul on v Hooijdonk. We didn't deserve to lose there but Taffarel did a great job.

I don't really remember this penalty against Hooijdonk

I think Brazil deserved mostly because of Ronaldo's pressure against dutch's defense. The defenders worked hard and very well to stop Ronaldo and when they couldn't do anything else, the bar saved Netherlands.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
If we swinged today, which we didnt, I'd probably have voted for Netherlands. Looking at it is today, Brazil is stronger as us and I expect them to win. Not hoping they do tho.

Netherlands better show their A-Game this time and then we could beat them :devil3:.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
If we swinged today, which we didnt, I'd probably have voted for Netherlands. Looking at it is today, Brazil is stronger as us and I expect them to win. Not hoping they do tho.

Netherlands better show their A-Game this time and then we could beat them :devil3:.

i know many people think that way and probably 90% of the world think the same too. imagine if bookie accepted 90% bets on brazil to win and if brazil won, bookies are gonna lose big time. bookies are very intelligent people otherwise they wouldnt be in this business.....so think like a bookie and take nederlands to win...no doubt no regret !!

i am glad brazil played better in their matches than nederland did. remember nederland played well in euros thrashed italy and france but lost to russia. this time ned is playing defensive just the way i liked it. defensive footie rocks ! saving all the ammo for brazil.

hup holland hup !!

ned 3 - bra 2

:D

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
a tough game for Holland, maybe they can play a la portugal and get the ball to Robben on counter attack ;) Michel Bastos is probably the weakest link on Brazil's defense at the moment.. or maybe Schneider can come up with some long range shootings... looking forward for this one, really hope it will be a cracking one

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Had hopes for Holland and thought they would shift up a couple of gears. But now I think they dont have those gears.

Brazil look close to perfect. Should be an easy win.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Had hopes for Holland and thought they would shift up a couple of gears. But now I think they dont have those gears.

Brazil look close to perfect. Should be an easy win.

im glad so many people are taking brazil to win :D

this is a good sign for holland. upsets happens and bookies have the last laugh

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
im glad so many people are taking brazil to win :D

this is a good sign for holland. upsets happens and bookies have the last laugh

Bookies have the last laugh, yes. Are you a bookie or a gambler? :tongue:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
fuck dunga.

les go belanda!!!!

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

i know many people think that way and probably 90% of the world think the same too. imagine if bookie accepted 90% bets on brazil to win and if brazil won, bookies are gonna lose big time. bookies are very intelligent people otherwise they wouldnt be in this business.....so think like a bookie and take nederlands to win...no doubt no regret !!

i am glad brazil played better in their matches than nederland did. remember nederland played well in euros thrashed italy and france but lost to russia. this time ned is playing defensive just the way i liked it. defensive footie rocks ! saving all the ammo for brazil.

hup holland hup !!

ned 3 - bra 2

:D
Defensive? Its not defensive, they control all of their games until know. If the opponents aren't willing to play football (unfortunatly) we aren't taking any risks because they can hit us on the counter.

Btw, also Brazil haven't convinced me yet. I'm happy Ramires is out so Melo can play again. Melo + G. Silva is so defensive, they aren't dynamic at all. Mayb v Marwijk can put van der Vaart next to v. Bommel instead of de Jong because we need football in our midfield. Why would you play hard against hard?

Brazil plays counter attack, we try to control posession. I think this game will be decided on one or 2 moments.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Bergkamp, Pirlo, Maldini, Gattuso, Davids, Suarez, Overmars, Van der Sar, Vermaelen
with minimum waste of energy and they controlled 85% of all the games on this tournament.

My thought exactly. It seems they have not played to their full capacity yet. If you'd compare the way they played in the friendlies just before the WC started and how they are playing during the WC, you would almost think they are saving up their energy for the real deal.

Brazil has a better defense, but our midfield and our offense are better than Brazil's. Robben on Bastos, Kuyt (with an ever-lasting stamina) on Maicon; second half: change Kuyt for Elia. Van Bommel on Kaka and De Jong on Elano. Van der Wiel on Robinho.

Significant chance to paralyze them.

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Oranje are gonna cut them yellow chicken headless

Schedule