Paolo Maldini Thread

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
As far as I can make out this matter has nothing to do with the form of the team, its purely political.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Pupone said:
My dear crazygirl, this mess is not just about the game against Siena, it has been dragging for some time now. Like Paolo said from last year's return derby it got worse but has really started when the Brigate Rossonere gained full power following the 'Fossa dei leoni' departure...
It's sad but true. There's only a few, a couple of hundreds, who control everything. They'll say 'shut up' if you start chanting or shouting because they are on strike for many stupid reasons (like freeing their hooligan mates and politics...).
They'll even threaten other goups if they start behaving slightly independently.
I saw a woman on youtube saying that a trip had been organised for a fan club to go to the Siena match and they got threatened, if they went someone would have died they got told....
It really is depressing how things are going and this is what the old Fossa was fearing and the main reason why they left...

Oh im sorry lol, i didnt know about this. Ive seen people complain in the forum about the Siena game so i automatically assumed it was because of that Paolo was angry. I thought maybe the fans booed them off the pitch or something. But im guessing what you're saying is right and in that case i wonder why Paolo said that. Im sure he must know about that since we do and he is way more involved in football/milan/games more than we are. If they get threatened like that then it isnt worth it. Football is never worth it if someone loses their loved ones or get life threatning injuries. Reminds me of the police officer who got killed last year..
Its a shame that a game like football can cause stuff like this to happen.

And i agree with delaware, our management is really pathetic. Our last few transfers have been pathetic and the only young, promising player we have (Gourcuff) doesnt get that much playing time. And we need more worldclass performers :D But its also a fact that we (with our socalled mediocre team) are winning all the important cups & throphies instead of the teams that play in more attractive leagues or that have better/young players. Its a fact that Ac Milan has been the best team in Europe for the last, what...4 years?

obviously, the fans & team management need to come to some sort of a agreement :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they want to act like a bunch of kindergarteners over some vapid political cause, then they should just stay home and play with their GI Joes while freeing up the curve for fans who actually WANT to watch the matches. Ridiculous.

will

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta.
i fink he is totaly wrong he knows that us milan fans will do anything for the team to win now its up to them to put in some good displays

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
My interpretiation of the interview is that Maldini wants more support and that he wants the crowd problems fixed (the threats) i dont think he is refering to all the fans just the minority of idiots in the crowd. Maldini just wants full backing of the team. We have some of the greatest fans in the world and this is proved by the noise we make, season ticket sales and a regular full house. Maldini is in the right to want full encouragement from everyone so they can feel more confident, im sure the problem will fix itself soon enough. Forza Paolo.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quinni 17 said:
My interpretiation of the interview is that Maldini wants more support and that he wants the crowd problems fixed (the threats) i dont think he is refering to all the fans just the minority of idiots in the crowd. Maldini just wants full backing of the team. We have some of the greatest fans in the world and this is proved by the noise we make, season ticket sales and a regular full house. Maldini is in the right to want full encouragement from everyone so they can feel more confident, im sure the problem will fix itself soon enough. Forza Paolo.
Word.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Jasper said:
Should explain a thing or two.
Never knew u have a sense of humor guess I was wrong.
But I always knew u r able 2 comprehend a point , again I was wrong. ;)
U start 2 like a team once in a moment in the pass + u don’t continue 2 “start” liking a team till present day even when u continue 2 b fan of this club.
Cristal ?

On topic : Ambition isn’t about winning but about wanting 2 get better + seek new challenges.
U can b ambitions by staying in division 1 or u can b get promoted 2 a better league & so.
Milan r having the same mistakes over n over , season in & season out without even trying 2 solve em & that’s coz we aren’t ambitions 2 get better.

Also Milan just won a lucky CL ,4 me its lucky coz we only faced 1 good team in Manu & they didn’t have their entire defense 2 play, & the challenge was 2 win the CL once more & we didn’t solve our problem so we wont b Kaka or luck dependable.

Ambition is about having a plan.
Do we have a plan in case Janku or Nesta or Oddo got injured ?
Do we have a plan in case Kaka or Dida got injured ?

And this isn’t about drawing 2 or 3 games.
We reached 1 final & won 1 CL & I didn’t change what I think of the team.
Milan is good when I see our team seriously competing in SerieA & not a cup even if it’s the CL.

This is really about taste & ambition.
And I will trade the CL title if we can get a much better performance.
U can win a title due 2 luck but I rarely doubt that luck can help u perform better.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i'm worry that this problem could make our stars play in another league.. (plz... don't do such thing like that ). :cry:

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
riamaldini said:
i'm worry that this problem could make our stars play in another league.. (plz... don't do such thing like that ). :cry:
Dont worry, after seeing what happened to shevchenko, anyone who even thinks about leaving would be out of his mind :D lol, just kidding but i dont think we need to worry. It'll get better i think and besides the players probably knows that the fans do support them but theres a limit. If it goes as far as dangerous threats then its not worth it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Wild said:
Never knew u have a sense of humor guess I was wrong.
But I always knew u r able 2 comprehend a point , again I was wrong. ;)
U start 2 like a team once in a moment in the pass + u don’t continue 2 “start” liking a team till present day even when u continue 2 b fan of this club.
Cristal ?
You now are absolutely right. I can't comprehend any point in this 'start 2 like a team' chiburish. Seems like somekind of Borat act but I'm not sure. Could someone translate it to me?

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well "if" Milan were lucky this year,Barca were lucky last year,Liverpool were lucky the year before,Porto were lucky in 2004 since they didn't play any strong team,Milan was lucky because we won on penalties so I guess everything in the CL is based on luck:D?
I wonder why can't a team like Reggina or Torino or Aston Vila or Mallorca get lucky and win the CL?;)
Anyway "ambition is seeking new chalenges"?
So whats chalenges do you have except CL,Seria A and The copa italia?:D?
You win either the CL or the Seria A your season can be considered as successful...

Last edited:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
many lost cases in this discussion. this has nothing to do with the team. this is purely political b/c of the rise of ticket prices, fossa dei leoni folding, and other political reasons. seems only Tsar and Pupone seem to understand that. Yet theres about a million posts interpreting it as ..oohhh its cuz Milan is old, and Milan can't play, and Milan this and that. It Has NOTHING to do with that.

redeyes

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Paolo, Rino, Pirlo
Jasper said:
You now are absolutely right. I can't comprehend any point in this 'start 2 like a team' chiburish. Seems like somekind of Borat act but I'm not sure. Could someone translate it to me?

No it's rubbish from a Roma fan apparently

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
Same as I comprehend that here u meant “gibberish” , u know.
Run along now + post some highlights & comprehend away from my face.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edi said:
Well "if" Milan were lucky this year,Barca were lucky last year,Liverpool were lucky the year before,Porto were lucky in 2004 since they didn't play any strong team,Milan was lucky because we won on penalties so I guess everything in the CL is based on luck:D?
I wonder why can't a team like Reggina or Torino or Aston Vila or Mallorca get lucky and win the CL?;)
Anyway "ambition is seeking new chalenges"?
So whats chalenges do you have except CL,Seria A and The copa italia?:D?
You win either the CL or the Seria A your season can be considered as successful...
Those teams cant win the CL coz they never played in it.
And it’s a common sense that u can win a cup by being lucky but 2 win a league it is very unlikely.
I didn’t like Milan last year even if they won the CL & I think this year will b worse.
Take away the CL & all is left is average games most of the time.

And by new challenge I meant trying 2 win the CL once more & the transfer campaign didn’t show we r gonna do that.
We will never win the serieA with this team & we always goes 4 the CL coz its easier 2 win even if it is more prestigious.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Wild said:
Same as I comprehend that here u meant “gibberish” , u know.
Run along now + post some highlights & comprehend away from my face.
As easy as it may seem to you I really can't understand what your 'Cristal' declaration tried to say. Have read it like five times. Anybody get it?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
As easy as it may seem to you I really can't understand what your 'Cristal' declaration tried to say. Have read it like five times. Anybody get it?
I started 2 b a Milan fan in 1988 & that happened coz of the way they play so the reason why I became a Milan fan was an event that happened in the past & that’s why I used the “was” term.
If u still didn’t get my point then maybe god wants my post 2 remain vague 2 u & we shouldn’t interfere with god’s will.
Lets move on , shall we ? :D

costacurta5

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Costacurta, Leonardo, Ambrosini, Brocchi
I have heard that the curva is silent because the ultras are angry with the arresting of 6 ultras, who tried to blackmail to get tickets to Athen, and other new rules that makes it difficult for the ultras to have banners etc.

It's suposed to be the ultras who starts the singing and noise etc. in italy, and when they are quiet, the rest of the spectators stays more quiet too.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Wild said:
And it’s a common sense that u can win a cup by being lucky but 2 win a league it is very unlikely..
Real won the league luckily...
Lyon stolled to winning the tittle same goes for Inter..Wining the domestic championship is more easy since you have lots of games and even if you screw things up you have time to repare the damage...
CL you don't have room for mistake thats what makes it harder...

Wild said:
We will never win the serieA with this team & we always goes 4 the CL coz its easier 2 win even if it is more prestigious.

Ask Arsenal,Chelsea,Lyon,Inter,Juve,Man U,Bayern,Roma,Valencia, if its easier to win the CL;)

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edi said:
Real won the league luckily...
Lyon stolled to winning the tittle same goes for Inter..Wining the domestic championship is more easy since you have lots of games and even if you screw things up you have time to repare the damage...
CL you don't have room for mistake thats what makes it harder...
Real deserved the title more than Barca.
They had a great second half of the season & they were taking points when Barca were loosing em.
If Milan did such a come back everybody here would b making songs about the heroism of the team.
Inter were much better than us & the points indicate that + when was the last time when Inter beat us twice in 1 season ?

Milan had a shit 4 a group & still didn’t impress.
Then if m not mistaken they had Celtic & they didn’t impress.
Then they had Bayern & they again didn’t impress.
Manu with the entire defense away & Milan played good.
VS Liverpool they both displayed average & Milan won.
So in a way Milan played 2 good games & the rest was average & they won the CL.

Now take that calculation in a league & the team will play in second division next season.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Jasper said:
Should explain a thing or two.
Explains that he is a bandwagoner like most FANS around here.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Wild said:
Milan had a shit 4 a group & still didn’t impress.
Then if m not mistaken they had Celtic & they didn’t impress.
Then they had Bayern & they again didn’t impress.
Manu with the entire defense away & Milan played good.
VS Liverpool they both displayed average & Milan won.
So in a way Milan played 2 good games & the rest was average & they won the CL.
Well we beat Bayern away and check when was the last time Bayern lost at home in the CL;)
They scored from 2 chances at the San Siro but we still managed to win...
Against Man U,I don't care if their defence was missing a team is a team and they should find a way to deal with that just as we had our problems and we dealt with it...
In the first game they were missing Rio and Vidic while we missed Maldini and Gatusso in the second half cos' of injury...
Vidic returned in the second game and still couldn't do much...
They were losing the semi final one way or another...
And we beat Liverpool who beat Barca and Chelsea before so yeah we did deserve the CL...
I don't know why you try so hard to prove a point that doesn't hold water...
You say it was luck?Well lady luck had its share just as Barca had luck against Arsenal or just as Liverpool had luck in 2005...
Sometimes is with you and sometimes is against you...
Thats why I don't even mention it...
But saying we won the CL just with luck its pure bullshit...
Anyway we are way off topic here....

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
LOL Milan played great against Bayern and Man Utd... both return legs were close to the best Milan have ever played under Carlo.

Milan do not chose who we play just the luck of the draw. You have to beat the best to be the best and we beat every team we were drawn up against. So Wild, STFU with your BS.

chelitalia

entre los dos
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rossoneri - Azzurri - Sheva - Rui Costa
Edi said:
I wonder why can't a team like Reggina or Torino or Aston Vila or Mallorca get lucky and win the CL?;) ...

First, you have to be lucky in Serie A to qualify for CL. :D

I dont deny that luck definitely plays a part but there are still other factors like players' form, injuries, motivation, experience, teamwork. Every factor makes the team complete.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
crazymilangirl said:
Dont worry, after seeing what happened to shevchenko, anyone who even thinks about leaving would be out of his mind :D lol, just kidding but i dont think we need to worry. It'll get better i think and besides the players probably knows that the fans do support them but theres a limit. If it goes as far as dangerous threats then its not worth it.
hope u r right.a bit out of this thread topic.. do u know that mourinho quit from his coaching job at chelsea?well.. it will give sheva another chance to play his favourite part like he was at milan.maybe this mourinho's thing is a good news for him.. hate that man after i adore a lot when he played for us..well.. back to the topic.. still worry if we continue with this ultras and curva sud's thing maybe the calcio will punish us like there no supporters in every milan's matches (could it be possible?).. hope we can quick solve this problem...FORZA MILAN

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^ Daym, i thought it was untill mid september. Anyway i hope everything goes according to plan and he comes back in mid october because Milan isnt the same without him. I always miss seeing him on the pitch when he isnt playing. :(

Thanx for sharing

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Its easy to fall for the Milan side of 88-90 ... almost all football enthusiasts I know - no matter how ignorant they are of Milan's more recent achievements - admit to being awed by that side. After all, that was aside that many accept as the greatest club team in the history. Using that as a yardstick will most certainly lead to disappointment.

But that should not take anything away from this group of players (02 - current). They are better than the 93-95 side that also made it to 3 finals, albeit winning only one - IMO.

Of course they haven't been exceptional in Serie A and have had many a bad patch. But if I'm not mistaken, didn't Van Basten & Co. also end up second best to Inter in the 88-89 campaign? So, even though they've been unconvincing domestically for sometime, they've still somehow (not by luck - its the easiest excuse in the book :rolleyes: ) managed to be the envy of all football clubs in Europe. It is this resilience in this side that makes it peerless ...

And of all people, Maldni should be the last player to put any disappointment on. The man has carried us to five 'Big Ears' and eight finals ... extraordinary; unbelievable. He's seen and done this all before. And surely his opinions and statements should be taken in utmost respect.

Nevertheless, I see Wild's point. But, like I've mentioned before, I place the place most of the blame on B., G., Braida + other top officials for one disappointing transfer campaign after the other. The also have their own excuses + expect most of us lay down and accept it as a norm. When in actual fact, money generated from the team hasn't been put back into it - at least this past summer. Which is vastly disappointing since with a few additions, we could honestly win a lot more. Yet they're content to take chances + stick with their unintuitive excuse-making.

As regards to the players, they deserve nothing less that total respect + encouragement from the fans.