Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm sick of the 4-3-1-2.

so i want.... tassoti :D :D :D

galliani

Berlu predates Galliani, does he not?

I have some odd memory(having read it) of Galliani arriving in like 1988 or 1990.

But Tassotti is up there after Berlu and Galliani.

Oh, and this thread being bumped to represent the active staff section made me think Allegri had been fired. I presume that most people stumbling upon this would feel the same way.

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
I cant believe it, this guy is +20 years with the club and has a 5 pages thread.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Berlu predates Galliani, does he not?

I have some odd memory(having read it) of Galliani arriving in like 1988 or 1990.

But Tassotti is up there after Berlu and Galliani.

well yeah, but berlu isn't management. He's president.

but it's irrelevant anyway... excluding berlu...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Galliani arrived with Silvio.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
well yeah, but berlu isn't management. He's president.

but it's irrelevant anyway... excluding berlu...

Berlu is management. He's the highest ranked guy in the club but that doesn't stop him being management. Was Galliani removed from management when he took up the mantle of president earlier this decade?

Galliani arrived with Silvio.

Hmmm. Must have been some odd false memory I had then.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
I'm sick of the 4-3-1-2.

Tbh I've always thought that formation was an utter bore..too conservative for my liking, even though Max plays with a high defensive line. There's a lot of focus on the midfield, and fullbacks...which unfortunately we currently have a problem with...gone are the days of Cafu and Serginho :(

I'm struggling to remember how many comprehensive victories we've had with this formation...it's usually 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 :b:

The Dinho hattrick vs Siena, was that Max? Even if it was, it's a rare occurrence for this Milan...

Can't we even dare a 3-4-1-2? With the wide midfielders doubling as fake wingbacks during the defensive phase? Seeing as we don't have decent fullbacks, just CBs. Mazzarri-inspired, perhaps. :)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Tbh I've always thought that formation was an utter bore..too conservative for my liking, even though Max plays with a high defensive line. There's a lot of focus on the midfield, and fullbacks...which unfortunately we currently have a problem with...gone are the days of Cafu and Serginho :(

I'm struggling to remember how many comprehensive victories we've had with this formation...it's usually 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 :b:

The Dinho hattrick vs Siena, was that Max? Even if it was, it's a rare occurrence for this Milan...

Can't we even dare a 3-4-1-2? With the wide midfielders doubling as fake wingbacks during the defensive phase? Seeing as we don't have decent fullbacks, just CBs. Mazzarri-inspired, perhaps. :)

to be honest.. for me, i really like the 4-3-1-2

but it depends on personnel more than formation.

with pippo, sheva, kaka, pirlo, gattuso, seedorf, cafu it was super interesting and entertaining.

when seedorf became trequsrtista (less mobile) it became a bit worse.

And in current non-technical side it's awful.

-

it's a great formation.... but basically formation is what it is..... talent level determines your entertainment value.

barca could play a 4-3-1-2 and it'd be awesome.

------------messi--villa
----------------Cesc
----------iniesta----xavi
--------------bisquets
adriano--pique--mascerano--alves

That doesn't look boring to me :). In many ways i think they actually should. They got the wingbacks to justify it. And it'd maximize messi and villa while finding cesc space

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
So Tassotti is ready to be the next scapegoat. :proud:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny thing is that in the last two or three games there was a lot of width in our game. There was always someone doubling up with the fullbacks (be it a CM, SS or Boateng) in the wings and a lot of crosses.
It's our attack build up by the middle that is not working right now.

Fiero

Reaction score
Funny thing is that in the last two or three games there was a lot of width in our game. There was always someone doubling up with the fullbacks (be it a CM, SS or Boateng) in the wings and a lot of crosses.
It's our attack build up by the middle that is not working right now.

Even in the first match with Sampdoria, our main attacking move was Antonini - Robinho - Nocerino combo on the left. I counted 7 crosses all game from that move. Second half De Sciglio went forward and crossed a lot as well.

Problem is there isn't any one to put the ball behind defenses. Montolivo played too far away in the first game (even though he attempted it a lot) which was our best game so far IMO. At Bologna he didn't get much time to play before the injury.

So if we can't create then we have to rely on fast breaks. The possession game is pretty much useless without creative players to outsmart defenders. Emanuelson, Robinho and Boateng could be deadly for counters.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
to be honest.. for me, i really like the 4-3-1-2

but it depends on personnel more than formation.

with pippo, sheva, kaka, pirlo, gattuso, seedorf, cafu it was super interesting and entertaining.

when seedorf became trequsrtista (less mobile) it became a bit worse.

And in current non-technical side it's awful.

-

it's a great formation.... but basically formation is what it is..... talent level determines your entertainment value.

barca could play a 4-3-1-2 and it'd be awesome.

------------messi--villa
----------------Cesc
----------iniesta----xavi
--------------bisquets
adriano--pique--mascerano--alves

That doesn't look boring to me :). In many ways i think they actually should. They got the wingbacks to justify it. And it'd maximize messi and villa while finding cesc space

Space for Cesc...that's one of the big problems they're having now, since Xavi just won't quit getting better with age.. :proud:

I'd take Jordi over Adriano, though it's still early days

Your formation looks real AAWESOMMMMEEEEE :star:

But they need CBs though...the other day Song started with Javier, who's more of a DMF to me, though he made that transition under Pep pretty well

Milan, we should be more expressive...I like a team that attacks relentlessly..even though I HATE Madshit and their ret*rded manager I was impressed with the way they kept driving the ball forward (vs Man City), a lot of their players roaming into other positions, very dynamic...Marcelo was in the middle quite a number of times, from his left...with decent long shot opportunities.

Max is a bit too rigid with his script...you just don't see his players roaming, they always play in one role, and that's because the team is too slow anyway...you need a speedy team to play fluid, total football...so one player falls in for the other (Arbeola did this a lot while Marcelo was roaming).

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even in the first match with Sampdoria, our main attacking move was Antonini - Robinho - Nocerino combo on the left. I counted 7 crosses all game from that move. Second half De Sciglio went forward and crossed a lot as well.

Problem is there isn't any one to put the ball behind defenses. Montolivo played too far away in the first game (even though he attempted it a lot) which was our best game so far IMO. At Bologna he didn't get much time to play before the injury.

So if we can't create then we have to rely on fast breaks. The possession game is pretty much useless without creative players to outsmart defenders. Emanuelson, Robinho and Boateng could be deadly for counters.

Problem is to be a counter attacking team against Atalanta, that likes to sit back very deep... Napoli is pretty good counter attacking team but has find it very difficult lately to impose their game against bottom table teams in Serie A.

Anyway, you can't catch a team like Atalanta open if you're not very fast in transition... I see some intention here, against Anderlecht we played more direct and vertical. But we simply lack the technical quality to put it in a decent level right now.

Also, our pressing game is so erratic... You never know what team will enter the field. You see them press superbly Barcelona and few months later we do it like a school boys team against Serie A opposition.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pressing game is extremely erratic - Problem no.1 for me. Exactly what Sven said - We pressed like hell against Barcelona and now we aren't even bothered when the opposition has the ball. 50+ possession for Anderlecht, come on.

Secondly, 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 are my favourite formations and will always be so. Simply because they rely on possession and technical players who can pass in the midfield and dominate the midfield.

Unfortunately, we don't have such players any more. And so we must play to our strengths and go as wide as possible, with just Monto and De Jong in the centre.

Thirdly, I dont think we have the personnel to build a good counter-attacking team. A strong defence that can soak up the pressure is essential for a counter-based team, and we don't have that at the moment.

Just break all shackles, stop pretending to have passers and go 4-3-3 and attack from wide areas. The likes of Robinho and El Shaarawy and Bojan will definitely count.

@Fiero - Yeah, Tassotti was head coach along with Cesare Maldini.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Part 1 of the press conference with Mauro Tassotti ahead of tomorrow's match vs. Cagliari.

Tassotti:
"The first defeat at home to Sampdoria created a bit of tension and we have to make some changes now after the sending-offs.

Today is the first real training session with the players who played at Udine and we will see how everyone is.

It is difficult to draw comparisons with this period and other ones in the Berlusconi era. Coming out of it will bring a bit more serenity.

I think it is easier to play away from home at the moment when your fans are whistling you although I think the fans have behaved well up until now.

They have got behind us even if the stadium has not been full. We have not been fortunate in these matches but we have to get the bit between our teeth and battle on because maybe we are not winning the matches we used to easily so we have to be on our guard more.

We had a really good 25 minutes at Udine and if we had gone ahead then the match may have been different. In 9 against 11 everyone gave all they could.
"

"I am disappointed that there should be doubts over our coach, I am right behind Allegri and I feel he is one of the best coaches Milan have had since I was a player. I would put him up there in the top 3 or 4 that the club has had."

"Robinho could start on the bench and then maybe come on but Cagliari will be fresher than us after not playing but we have a deep squad so we will see what we can do.

We need to fight tooth and nail and we need to find the net again in the way we did when Ibrahimovic was here by sharing them amongst all the players.

Not having the world-class players we need to replace them with a game plan, giving the opponents further opportunities when the score is 0-0
".

"Much is expected of Boateng because he has had two good seasons but at present the performance of the individuals is a reflection of the team.

He has to do more and we are ready to play him in a new role after his suspension and the fact that he has played a lot is not important.

Bojan has come on quite a lot and we will see how the other players are on whether we start him
", declared Tassotti.

+

Part 2 of the press conference with Mauro Tassotti ahead of tomorrow's match vs. Cagliari:

Tassotti:

"There have been other poor starts in Allegri’s career but eventually things have gone well. Hopefully it will be the same this year.

This might be the first time since Leonardo was in charge when things did not go well at the start but we have to be ready for the challenge and not feel as if we have lost before the match has started.

You cannot do this at Milan. I feel we have the players here and in a way it is easier for the assistant to gain the confidence of the players as they come to the assistant if they want to get a message to the coach.

I think there is too much talk about changing the coach at the moment. I am pleased to be assistant coach and I get on well with Allegri, we work well together and we have never had any problems.
"

"Hopefully it won't be the most difficult of the Berlusconi era. We want to get up the table and we have to battle to win because I feel we can be up there amongst the top five in the league.

We have the players to do it but we have to improve. I do not believe the San Siro is a factor that we have not won at home yet.

It is a good pitch and we will be out to end our duck tomorrow. I think Allegri’s suspension will be overturned but if not then we will manage the situation anyway.

Myself and the other assistant coaches know what to do. There is a lot of tension so it is not easy to enjoy yourself.
If we do well then the parish can come and bless the pitch
(laughs)."

Am I excited? Well, a little. But I hope Allegri's ban is cancelled. Fortunately we work together every day and we know what we have to do.
It's useless to deny it, there are tensions.

Negative results create tensions. Defeat in the opening round to Sampdoria took away a little confidence. Something has changed.

The match against Cagliari, for example, is not easy. But we must not forget only four games have been played.
"

"I've been here 32 years and I feel a part of Milan. I do not know what will happen in the next few years, but what matters is what happened in the past.

Milan is in my skin. This year we have to play with a knife between our teeth. We no longer have Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who ensured us 35/40 goals a season
", concluded Tassotti.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Tuesday September 25 2012 Tassotti: Allegri one of the best

Assistant Coach Mauro Tassotti says Milan need to do a Fabio Borini – and play 'with a knife between our teeth' against Cagliari.

The Diavolo go into tomorrow's match against the Sardinians at San Siro in crisis, having won one and lost three of their five competitive games thus far this season.

Their problems are compounded by a touchline ban for Coach Massimiliano Allegri. The club will find out later today whether their appeal has been successful, but if it hasn't, Tassotti will take charge.

Am I excited? Well, a little,” he smiled at the pre-match press conference. “But I hope Allegri's ban is cancelled. Fortunately we work together every day and we know what we have to do.

It is useless to deny it, there are tensions. Negative results create tensions. Defeat in the opening round to Sampdoria took away a little confidence. Something has changed. The match against Cagliari, for example, is not easy. But we must not forget only four games have been played.

I've been here 32 years and I feel a part of Milan. I do not know what will happen in the next few years, but what matters is what happened in the past.

Milan is in my skin. This year we have to play with a knife between our teeth. We no longer have Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who ensured us 35/40 goals a season.

Tassotti has worked as assistant to several big name coaches in his time at Milan but doesn't consider Allegri inferior.

I am sorry our Coach is questioned,” the former defender added. “With Max I feel good. Indeed since I've been here, I think he is one of the best three or four I have worked with.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck against Cagliari tommorow Mauro

Zafira

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know Ambro last 15 min sub is whose idea, but it's awesome.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
tassoti making tha changes

ambrosini offers defensive stability and a pass too

dudes been around a thousand playmakers

GrandeMilan

G.O.A.T
Reaction score
Watching milan v cagliari make me think that the sooner we sack allegri the better milan will be. Tassoti chose good timing and made good substitutes. Starting de sciglio on left back. We could be far far better if only there's something more clinical in front of goal in milan. The statistic is 18 shots and only 3 on target for milan *facepalm*

Tassoti 2nd man of the match after el shaarawy :star::star:

Last edited:

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Watching milan v cagliari make me think that the sooner we sack allegri the better milan will be. Tassoti chose good timing and made good substitutes. Starting de sciglio on left back. We could be far far better if only there's something more clinical in front of goal in milan..

Tassoti 2nd man of the match after el shaaraway :star::star:

Agreed.. His substitutions have been a breath of fresh air!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
:lol: but conte is on bench :proud: when al is on bench 4za assistant :eek:

:proud:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Our new head coach, so calm and cool - with an aura of authority around him. :proud:

Dem subs man.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don't know Ambro last 15 min sub is whose idea, but it's awesome.

I know.. Brilliant substitution. Completely changed the game for me. We were terrible in the 2nd half, until the red card gave us an excuse to be even lazier and boring. And then came Il Capitano.

Schedule