Who was better

PaoloMaldini3

Legend
Reaction score
Lol xD Rofl Kaka was a Ballon d'Or winner! Kaka > Rui.

Sheva - Weah

Montolivo - Pirlo :lol:

Bonera - Maldini

Pazzini - Inzaghi

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Rui Costa
Boban
Kaka
Savicevic

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva or Ibra? its tough question

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Sheva, there should be no question about it.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Sheva, there should be no question about it.

He made a bigger contribution for us, and i would have probably said Sheva two years ago, but now i'm not so sure. Ibra is like a fine wine, and just gets better with age.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Well I was looking from the perspective of Milan

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Balon D'or, Il Genio, Zorro, most expensive signing in Milan history

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Sheva or Ibra? its tough question
In Milan Sheva. Ain't no question about it. Overall career - couldn't care to think about it.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Messi is the best, after King Zaltan.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Sheva was the man of big games. I'd always take that.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
who has better beard,pato or pirlo?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Ibra being compared with Sheva :lol:
Where is Ibra's CL/Golden Ball? :lol:
The ONLY thing iBra had over $heva was he was more skillful
Pace? Sheva
Shooting (accuracy,power, both feet )? :star: Shevchenko :star:
Headed goals? Sheva
Non-disappearance in the CL? :lol:

Kids these days use the inflated stats from the most defensively shit era to make a point :head:
Fucking Benzema and Higuain are putting up superstar digits these days fp:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Sheva is better than ibra.. career wise, milan wise, striker wise... footballer wise, human being wise, looks wise, etc etc.

Didnt Sheva like recently whoop ibra's sweden silly in Euros?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
sheva > ibra in his prime no question about it and particularly for milan. But had ibra stayed and won us a couple more league titles, would people still regard him as an inferior player to sheva i dont know. They are both great players, but sheva's contribution in big games was just immense, he was the man for the big occassion along with CLarence legend Seeorf :proud:.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva is the top scorer in Milano derby's history. That alone tells you how big of a star he was for us.

From a Milan fan pov Sheva is 10x better than Ibra. But overall he is just 2x better than ibra.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
did someone compare montolivo and pirlo?

pirlo is soooo much better.

pirlo is capable of being the best player on a title team. Montolivo not at all.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Montolivo - Albertini

Maybe its a very stupid comparision but i don't know how good Albertini was.
Albertini. By far. Not an insult to Monty, but Albertini proved his worth for what? 10+ years at Milan. Better vision, better passing skills, more accurate in his shooting. Monty have a slight advantage in defense, but Albertini was a great player overall. Monty...has had a really good season after years of being a major reason his team was inconsistent as hell.

Rui Costa - Boban - Savicevic - Kaka

Rank please.
For Milan?
Boban-Kaka-Savicevic-Rui

In general: Boban, Rui, Savicevic, Kaka.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
montolivo isn't better than a prime gattuso honestly.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Montolivo could not be as good as Pirlo, Pirlo is on Zidane level, but Montolivo could def. be two times the star he is now if he had joined a big club sooner.

And no he is not better than Gatuuso too, but Rino is one of a kind. A few players can have his impact when he was at his prime.

To win 2 CLs and a World Cup and be a big part of all 3 campaigns in a span of 4 years is a something only people like Pirlo, Nesta, Rino and Pippo could do in Italy. Those guys were really special even if we view them totally unbiasedly. Iniesta and Xavi are another example.

But in current crop of Midfielders I don't rank Monto any lower than Marchisio or Schwini.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
For Milan?
Boban-Kaka-Savicevic-Rui

In general: Boban, Rui, Savicevic, Kaka.

Im sure if u were to ask Boban himself he wud tell you to place Savicevic higher. Rui? Savicevic shits on Figo and Figo himself in turn laughs at Rui.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Montolivo could not be as good as Pirlo, Pirlo is on Zidane level, but Montolivo could def. be two times the star he is now if he had joined a big club sooner.

And no he is not better than Gatuuso too, but Rino is one of a kind. A few players can have his impact when he was at his prime.

To win 2 CLs and a World Cup and be a big part of all 3 campaigns in a span of 4 years is a something only people like Pirlo, Nesta, Rino and Pippo could do in Italy. Those guys were really special even if we view them totally unbiasedly. Iniesta and Xavi are another example.

But in current crop of Midfielders I don't rank Monto any lower than Marchisio or Schwini.

As an attacker Pirlo is nowhere on Zidane's level. Not even close. Despite being slow Zidane combed through ANY team if he felt like it. Pirlo is (easily) marked out of a game. Zidane isn't.

Then again both were completely different types of players. Pirlo was more of a cerebral attacking CM, while zidane was an old fashioned CAM/#10/trequartista. Few players have Pirlo's vision and sometimes he sees several plays ahead. Zidane certainly had great vision, but it wasn't on Pirlo's level....not that he really needed it for his role. By the time ZZ got to where he wanted, it was pretty obvious what he'd do next, only that there's nothing you could do to stop it.

Pirlo could pick out passes from greater distance as well.

Italy won their world cup mainly because of their inpenetrable defense (Buffon, Canna, Gattuso, De Rossi) whereas for France and Madrid, ZZ was the difference IMHO. Not saying France was all ZZ. they had a good defense, mids and strikers as well. It is conceivable that Italy could have continued to grind out wins with the tough guys they had in midfield like DeRossi and Gattuso, where as France looked like abject shit without Zidane. Pirlo wasn't nearly the difference maker ZZ was and to keep hearing this shit that he was in his class is fucking annoying

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Looking back at my post in the first page...I underestimated Silva :lol::fp:

Though I still maintain Stam > Silva. Just.

Ibra being compared with Sheva :lol:
Where is Ibra's CL/Golden Ball? :lol:
The ONLY thing iBra had over $heva was he was more skillful
Pace? Sheva
Shooting (accuracy,power, both feet )? :star: Shevchenko :star:
Headed goals? Sheva
Non-disappearance in the CL? :lol:

Kids these days use the inflated stats from the most defensively shit era to make a point :head:
Fucking Benzema and Higuain are putting up superstar digits these days fp:

To be fair forwards these days are better in general than they used to be. There's much more depth.

Though there's less genuine great defenders around, and most of those that are coming to the end. Varane will be amazing though.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Looking back at my post in the first page...I underestimated Silva :lol::fp:

Though I still maintain Stam > Silva. Just.

To be fair forwards these days are better in general than they used to be. There's much more depth.

Though there's less genuine great defenders around, and most of those that are coming to the end. Varane will be amazing though.
Yes....but in terms of qualities $heva was overall a better player.
Sheva also played in a tougher era when defenders were defenders and men were men :o

Sheva could attack down the wing, play as SS/CF. iBra could only play iBra ball...aka make the team play around him. I would always remember the time Sheva saying that he was happy Milan signed Gilardino so that he could support him.

The good thing about Stam was that he was versatile and actually took and scored free kicks :thumbsup:

About the bold, I'd NEVER agree. The only thing that has gotten better is fitness, and sports medicine/technology. I look at some of these fucking "superstars" these days and :fp:myself into a coma

Schedule