conference and said: 'I feel good, we have trained a lot since the
start of pre-season. We have been using the last two weeks to prepare
for the start of the season. Also we will be using this period to get
to know Ascoli better but I am sure they will be a good side. As for
our defence, we have played three and four at the back in friendlies
and also during training. Now it's up to the coach to decide. I have
played in a three-man defence a few times in my career, but for the
most part, at Manchester United and Lazio, it has been four
Milans defence should be tight i hope but i think we will concede a lot next season but will score more

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i'm wagering that stam's going to be an absolute behemoth for us this year...he should be clear of all those niggling injuries and fully motivated to play to his potential.

when he's on form there is NO one better than jaap. ;)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I too have this feeling that we may concede more, though not too much, his season. Lets only hope we score sufficiently as well.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Iam surprised that of all the player's threads, only Jaap's thread is yet to have a 2nd page. Does this mean that there is not enough support for the wonderful work he's been doin' at the back? I don' think he was all that bad last year, why i don't even recall some horrendous mistake he did during some part of the season... Commonn mates, he's the consummate pro, and will give his best for whoever he plays.

Don't we realise, that Fergie's loss is our gain?

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
red&black_fever said:
yeh i think our defence is too slow...
just get some fast player to run on the wings and another in box and were doomed

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Gilardino Jr said:
just get some fast player to run on the wings and another in box and were doomed

i Agree with You We need To Buy oddo or Casseti

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
I am surprised that of all the player's threads, only Jaap's thread is yet to have a 2nd page. Does this mean that there is not enough support for the wonderful work he's been doin' at the back?
Meanwhile, there's nearly 100 posts for Elef and over 100 for Vogel. Go figure.

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
BMWTaylor said:
Meanwhile, there's nearly 100 posts for Elef and over 100 for Vogel. Go figure.
lol yeah but stam isnt really a favrioute at milan the big favrioutes are dida . sheva the most and maldini and many others people dont think abt him much cause maldini and nesta cafu mainly do the work but he is great player too take nothing away great goal against inter that header.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Anyone else impressed with Stams Right Back abilities? I never knew he had pace like that. The guy just burned anyone that came near him.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cuore said:
Anyone else impressed with Stams Right Back abilities? I never knew he had pace like that. The guy just burned anyone that came near him.
Let's not exaggerate. He tried, but resembled a poor man's Cafu IMO. He's paid to defend + that's what he should concentrate on. Last night we looked rather vulnerable again with Nesta having a bad game + Maldini just so-so, Stam trying to pull a Cafu didn't help either.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Passion for *9* said:
Let's not exaggerate. He tried, but resembled a poor man's Cafu IMO. He's paid to defend + that's what he should concentrate on. Last night we looked rather vulnerable again with Nesta having a bad game + Maldini just so-so, Stam trying to pull a Cafu didn't help either.

Ok, he's no cafu, but I was impressed. I've never seen a guy that size accelerate like Stam did on saturday.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Passion for *9* said:
Let's not exaggerate. He tried, but resembled a poor man's Cafu IMO.
Not in his defending though. That was a perfect copy of Cafu's.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Even with Stam fit, i have a nasty feeling that we're gonna concede quite some goals this season. Now with him missing, it just gets more complex.Glad he didn't choose Inter :proud: .

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
9/18/2005
MILAN - La Gazzetta Sportiva interviewed Jaap Stam who talked about his susposed mistakes in defence: 'I don't know if I am always in the centre of the errors. I don't think it's right. Maybe my head is brighter than the others and gets noticed. Maybe I'll wear a wig. I have to get better but maybe too much is expected of me. We have to believe in ourselves. We have the quality.'

LOL, uhh ok:head:

Source: acmilan.com

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
red&black_fever said:
9/18/2005
MILAN - La Gazzetta Sportiva interviewed Jaap Stam who talked about his susposed mistakes in defence: 'I don't know if I am always in the centre of the errors. I don't think it's right. Maybe my head is brighter than the others and gets noticed. Maybe I'll wear a wig. I have to get better but maybe too much is expected of me. We have to believe in ourselves. We have the quality.'

LOL, uhh ok:head:

Source: acmilan.com
OMG I swear i was just going to post that!! :eek: I see that Stam has a pretty good sense of humor. That part really cracked me up. :D

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Rumours are starting that Stam is to leave us soon. Please let there be smoke with fire just this one time :)

Channel 4:

Jaap Stam has officially dismissed reports that his time with Milan will soon be coming to an end.

Whispers have suggested that the Dutchman could be set for a return to Holland as a result of the club’s unconvincing defensive displays.

But the former Manchester United and Lazio stopper has rubbished that claim with the briefest of statements.

"I have never thought about leaving Milan," the 33-year-old told the official club website on Monday.

Stam, formerly of PSV Eindhoven, joined the European giants on a free transfer from Lazio in the summer of 2004.

However, his ability has started to be questioned recently given the club’s obvious rearguard fragility.

Many believe that the defence, which hasn’t kept a clean sheet for 11 official games, is getting too old.

Speculation suggested that Stam would be sacrificed in January or June, with Roma’s Cristian Chivu and Dias Felipe of Udinese set to be brought in.

Finally, some recognition of our age problem in the defence and thet Stam is infact piss. Please let the bit about Chivu be true as well ;)

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
I ,for one would not be sad to see him leave.I always thought he was over-rated in particular atMan U.Having said that I just got my son the Stam Corinthians figure though I'd happily replace him.if only it were that easy for Milan to get rid of him.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
Stam is a stupid Dutch peasant !!

Lo Tsar said:
Rumours are starting that Stam is to leave us soon. Please let there be smoke with fire just this one time :)

Channel 4:

Jaap Stam has officially dismissed reports that his time with Milan will soon be coming to an end.

Whispers have suggested that the Dutchman could be set for a return to Holland as a result of the club’s unconvincing defensive displays.

But the former Manchester United and Lazio stopper has rubbished that claim with the briefest of statements.

"I have never thought about leaving Milan," the 33-year-old told the official club website on Monday.

Stam, formerly of PSV Eindhoven, joined the European giants on a free transfer from Lazio in the summer of 2004.

However, his ability has started to be questioned recently given the club’s obvious rearguard fragility.

Many believe that the defence, which hasn’t kept a clean sheet for 11 official games, is getting too old.

Speculation suggested that Stam would be sacrificed in January or June, with Roma’s Cristian Chivu and Dias Felipe of Udinese set to be brought in.

Finally, some recognition of our age problem in the defence and thet Stam is infact piss. Please let the bit about Chivu be true as well ;)

I will put a ribbon around him when he leaves ... but I'm sad to say that a this stage we need him ... we made the mistake not to invest in our defence during the summer transfermarket.

Lets hope he will recapture his old form so he will be usefull to us

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
just now i have read that for the dailynewspaper of "indipendente"he said when his contract end he will return to holland and maybe play for PSV
SOURCE:-www.calciomercato.com

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
what do you think?

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I comne from China , in China , most football fans think Stam is the best defender , he is very strong and his heading is very good , don't forget his slide tackle !

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Stam set for summer exit? Tuesday 25 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan stopper Jaap Stam could return to Holland at the end of this season, according to reports.

The 33-year-old is contracted to the Italian giants until June 2007, but a summer switch may be on the horizon.

Stories in the peninsula have already suggested that Stam could ask for a transfer and his agent has admitted that a switch is a possibility.

"Jaap is very happy at Milan and is contracted to the club for another two years," Henk Van Ginkel is quoted as saying.

"However, Stam wants to go back home to Holland so that he can totally dedicate himself to his family.

"Two clubs have already said they are interested in him. We’ll now have to speak to Milan and see what can be done."

It’s understood that PSV Eindhoven, where Stam played between 1996-1998, and Heerenveen are keen on his signature.

The former international joined the San Siro giants in the summer of 2004 for around £7.5m from Lazio.

He started his career at FC Zwolle, but really hit the headlines after three successful years at Manchester United before his August 2001 move to Italy.

Milan are already looking for new defenders to rejuvenate their ageing rearguard.

Udinese’s Dias Felipe, Cristian Chivu of Roma and Paris Saint-Germain’s Mario Yepes have all been associated recently.

source: Channel4.com

So what do you guys think?

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
rumours, rumours, non sense rumours.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
He's not the best defender in the world...he's not the best defender at Milan but we need him for now.