Players:

Fernando Torres
Teams:

Juventus

Milan

Manchester United

Atlético de Madrid
by Nadia Carminati
Juventus are the latest club being linked with Atletico Madrid star Fernando Torres.

Atletico revealed last week to skysports.com that they have no intention of selling their much sought after star, after Premiership champions Manchester United were linked with the Spain international, as well as European kings Milan.

The 19-year-old is the club's prized-asset but with their precarious financial situation in mind, he has sparked fresh rumours by revealing he would be ready to move to help Atletico out.

"If it would help out the club, I'll leave," said the hit-man. "If it helped out the club financially then I will swap jerseys."

However, a self-confessed Atletico fan, Torres said he would not leave to join another Spanish club and voiced his preference for a move to Serie A.

"But I will not leave for a Spanish club," he added. "I would never face the team that I was born in while in the same league.

"I would be better off going to Italy to Milan or Juventus. They are ambitious and well organised clubs.

"But they will have to talk to Atletico because I won't do anything behind their back.

"Anyway, I'd like to spend my whole career in the red and white jersey."

Whay do you tink about Torres, guys...?

I think he will be a good addition. He is a great player and still young.
But it will cost a lot to buy him.

I would prefer V.Vaart as his contract expires in 2005, which will make him cheaper.

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Tores is agood player, with great prospects. But personally I have my doubts about spanish players in Serie A.

Since he is young he has to be content with reserve team action, I don't want a player that will upset our present balance.

If he comes cheap... he's worth a try ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
He's had a pretty crappy year this year which is oodd because Athletico are a much better team then they were last year, so he sould be better, but isn't.

Same thing with Kurani (sp??) in Germany

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Torres is still young for Ac Milan .. Manchester gived 35 Milion Euros + Forlan for him .. but they were not interested.. Milan will not give that money for him..

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Torres is a very good player and relativly young. But Im afraid that he's a bit overprised, and I don't believe that we'll get any Spaniards to Milan in the near future... :tongue: Jose Mari, Javi Moreno etc... :o

Anyway, what do we need a new striker for..?!

Inzaghi-Tomasson-Shevchenko-Borriello-Pozzi

:devil: DAMN GOOD ATTACKERS!!! :devil:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to think of the future... but I want Gilardino. Cheaper + Italy-tried/tested/proven !!! :tongue:

(congrats to myself on my 1500th post :D)

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Chevanton wouldn't be too bad either eh? ;)

Torres should not move to Serie A..i think he is happy at Atletico and he should stay...

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fernando Torres started playin for Atletico's 1st team, when the team was in 2nd division. He was just 16 yo. Now he is in the startin line up, and also he was selected for Spanish National team.
14 goal so far in Spanish League - pretty impresive ;) and he's just 20.

He's goood ! But I dont belive Atletico will let him go... not for now !

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Seamus said:
He's had a pretty crappy year this year which is oodd because Athletico are a much better team then they were last year, so he sould be better, but isn't.

Same thing with Kurani (sp??) in Germany

He has scored 13 goals this season!I think that that is quite good

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Tores is a good player.I have seen him score great goals but he will be expencive and I don't know if the risk is worth.What do you think about Mihael Forsell from Birginhem?.He is on loan from Chelsea and he is very good

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
Torres is definetly the best Spaniard player maybe after Raul. i saw him many times playing, man he is great :eek: . you cannot believe what kind of talent this guy is. he's way better than Arsenal's Reyes, and he's got everything at the age of 20 to be one of the world's best striker's. I don't if you remember what Alberitni said when he was on loan at Atletico about Torres. He said that he hasn't seen such a talent and was urging Milan to sign him. It was similar with Kaka's case when Leonardo spend 6 month at Sao Paolo with Kaka and saw his qualities from close. So please do not talk without watching Fernando play :head: , do not start with stupid judgment's about Spaniard's failure in Serie A or do not compare him with Chevanton, Gilardinho etc.. he's thousand time's better that them. But the problem stand's if Milan are prepared to make another big transfer, the prob stand's if Milan are ready to pay more than 35 milion, wich i think that it's not needed knowing Milan's great attack this season. However if a high price striker should be signed this summer i'am only for two: Torres or Cassano :devil2:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Nah if Man Utd wanted to pay 35M + Forlan and it got rejected. I don't want him anymore. He's a good player, yeah true. But not Serie A bound in my opinion. He's too young for a transfer to Italy and also way too expensive.

I'd rather have Gilardino

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
K-J, you're my man! :D ;) couldn't agree more, esp. on the 'too expensive' part.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
K-J said:
Nah if Man Utd wanted to pay 35M + Forlan and it got rejected. I don't want him anymore. He's a good player, yeah true. But not Serie A bound in my opinion. He's too young for a transfer to Italy and also way too expensive.

I'd rather have Gilardino

Id rather have Torres than anyone. Next Raul. but if its more than 25million just too much money.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think Berlusconi is going to splash cash on someone who is unproven in Serie A..young and not quite so experienced..and in my view overrated...

At least we paid a measly sum for Kaka..and we had been following him for so so long..plus Leonardo had even played with Kaka!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta

I think you are thinking of another play besides Torres. I dont see how second in the scoring charts to the world's best as a 19 year old is not a spectacular season at the least.

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Well he's good but better look on DIEGO :devil:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Melbourne said:
Id rather have Torres than anyone. Next Raul. but if its more than 25million just too much money.
Dream on.. ;) :tongue:

Otherwise Milan Baros would also be an option if I was Carletto :D

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
K-J said:
Melbourne said:
Dream on.. ;) :tongue:

Otherwise Milan Baros would also be an option if I was Carletto :D

Torres to Milan would be brillant. He is a stunning player.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't get to see a lot of Spanish League anymore (no live matches, just summaries the day or 2 days after) but whenever I do get to see him, that's mostly with the national team, he seems to be far from impressive.

Could anyone here give an account on his performance based on regular first hand impression + not just a few goal scenes ?

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Blackham#10 said:
Most of his goals come from penalty kicks :rolleyes:

No, they dont.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Torres can play, especially he can score and he does in one of the best leagues in the world, even Raul started his debut early with Real Madrid and look where he is now, key player for spanish national team, a legend with Real Madrid, and he has scored so many EC goals for Real... why spent over 30 milllions for this young kid or Wayne Rooney, if Milan can have talented strikers like Chevanton & Gilardino & Robinho & even Kuranyi, stayed 799 min. without a goal in Bundesliga, or Carlos Tevez, Bayern ready to spent 14 millions on him... bring Torres and Milan will have no problems on that pos. for many years :tongue:
Cassano is young, overheated sometimes, no respect for big names or even his coach :head:
instead of one wonderkid Milan can get easily Chevanton + Gilardino, plus Ferrari or Bonera + Mexes, Stam is 98% clear, maybe plus GK Timo Hildebrand from VFB Stuttgart, who debuted in german NT vs. Belgium, the only player from Stuttgart who hasnt sign new contract, Milan wont spent 35 mil. for such young kid, only if he has guarantee to score 1 goal per game... i hope Milan will make good deals in this summer :devil2:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
(...) i hope Milan will make good deals in this summer :devil2:

If I were Galliani I would put a nice sum of money on the table for Gilardino, more money than Juve will be able/willing to offer, 10-12 million should suffice.

30+ million for Torres ? No, thanks.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
MookyRookie said:
(...) i hope Milan will make good deals in this summer :devil2:

If I were Galliani I would put a nice sum of money on the table for Gilardino, more money than Juve will be able/willing to offer, 10-12 million should suffice.

30+ million for Torres ? No, thanks.
Gilardino is called the next big thing in italy!!! :devil2: :eek: I agree around 10 mil. should be enough to secure this young italian talent, Milan should be in a financial stabil situation to offer more than Juventinos, dont let Juve get him, Mr. Berlusconi pls offer more than Juve, its not a mistake!!!! Since Adriano left Parma Gilardino is gettin better, he scored again today against Chievo and now has 15 goals, 3rd best in Serie A!!! 2nd option is Chevanton, 4th best goalgetter Serie A, its almost sure that he will leave Lecce in the summer, hopefully his ways leads to him to Milan :cool: :devil2: :devil: