Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
I told you brehs nearly a year ago, about Monty's limitations, but I got called a hater :lol:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
You were an idiot then, and you're an idiot now. :thumbsup:

My track record is legit, check the resume.

Your track record is

nocerino_milan.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
seems like a lot of irrelevant statistics. Were these passes backpasses or sideways passing? really from watching him in the past few weeks can you tell me his value add in terms of attack?

Do back-passes make him invisible?

He's better as a CDM than a runner or AM....but De Jong (in a single pivot system) has been given that spot.

If you want stats: most key passes and accurate crosses per game among our CMs.

he seems to be doing nothing which de jong cant seem to do which begs the question why not play someone else who can make more of a difference

Our 3 man midfield fails at shielding the backline and there's a painful lack of creativity from the anchor - in other words it fails defensively and offensively - which should beg the question why we are using De Jong in that role.

If you can't see him do stuff De Jong can't do....if you can't see Montolivo is much more complete than De Jong then...wow.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Things arent working but I really dont see how you can blame NDJ over Monty.

As I said - overrating Montolivo's ability.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Underperforming. He needs to decide and make plays more direct and faster.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
There's no way we can take it away from him now but perhaps the responsibilities that a capitano carries came too early for him.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't really blame him for the red card. Abate had 122 touches this game and half of those were where he shouldn't have been, thus making Monty have to defend RB in all actuality.

Monty's frustrated like everyone because we suck, but primarily because Allegri sucks.

iraqi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
super pippo - rino - kaka' - ancelotti - rui costa - van bommel - maldini
what the fuck is wrong with you !!
you should be the best one in the field for fuck sake

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Can't really blame him for the red card. Abate had 122 touches this game and half of those were where he shouldn't have been, thus making Monty have to defend RB in all actuality.

Monty's frustrated like everyone because we suck, but primarily because Allegri sucks.

Or maybe because he is just plain sucking like the rest of them

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
cant blame him. i would say his actions are a clear signal that allegri has completly lost this team.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
He's been bad, no getting past it.

But what's this talk of removing captaincy? IMO, captains should only be changed if the player doesn't have a good rapport with the players or is being disrespectful to the club.

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Our best player, and arguably the best midfielder in Serie A last season suddenly becomes shit. I wonder why.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I think he played a great first half, and then a so-so second half. The first yellow card was wrong, but he shouldn't have gotten himself send off in any case obviously.

But yeah, we need him to pick himself up, the team doesn't seem to work when he's not playing at 100%.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If our fuckin CAPTAIN is getting red carded it should be a CLEAR sign that EVERYBODY IS FUCKING FRUSTRATED and it's not just a case of "evil Balotelli has no discipline"

The manager is supposed to foster a calm and confident environment so that whatever the setback, the players stick to the plan. Everybody is rushing things and making the most rash and ******** decisions....and when even the captain can't calm the fuck down you know you DEFINITELY need to change the coach

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
his level of play has been significantly lower for Milan than it has been for Italy. I think tactics are probably part of it...

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i thought he did very good outside of the harsh red. One of the better performances this year which doesnt say much but i would really like to see him more in this position. just not with cuntari and poli out ''wide'':fp:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Aquilani was much better from a creative stand point.

Prince_27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
seriously, montolivo is a shit.
i kind a liked him when he was at fiora, always there were talks about ''next pirlo'', when he moved to milan... sorry but he is shit

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I think he is shit.

The poor mans Pirlo. He does not create anything and he does not score. His shooting is utter shit as was evidenced today and today he was really thick and got sent off.

Average at best.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
seriously, montolivo is a shit.

I think he is shit.

Average at best.

:lol: Its so funny because this is exactly what I told my friend (big football purist and very knowledgeable) after the Barca game and he agreed. I just would never say it that bluntly because I know how some here hold him in high esteem.

I havent been pleased at all with him all season and at first allowed the people saying he was over worked to play in to my thinking but it be came obvious it had nothing to do with fitness or being fresh.

Last year we were "spoiled" because NDJ was hurt and he played admirably there. Also remember he was moved back to that position and revamped his game to that style after not working out being the more advanced lead cm at the Viola.

He is solid and can do a job but the fact he takes so long to make decisions hurts us. Its also emblematic of our state where we placed so much on him instead of him being one of a group of talented and capable mids.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's all because of the coach and the situation we're in. Clearly the players had enough of Allegri

Monto is shit? LOL. You already forgot last season?
He can't shot you say?

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The idiocy levels are rising in here.

Edit: The above video. See how Monty was CDM and De Jong LCM, when in all reality they were partnering in midfield. This why 4-3-3 isn't as static as some people think - it can change far more easily than a 4-3-1-2, IMO.

Last edited:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I've not been in this thread for ages, which was a good decision. He's shit now? Holy crap, can this forum spew anymore hyperbole?

Schedule