The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?
<=5 65 27.31%
6-10 44 18.49%
11-15 40 16.81%
16-20 34 14.29%
21-25 18 7.56%
26-30 3 1.26%
>30 34 14.29%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-01-2021, 16:17   #24941
blacki
Rookie

because all of you smart guys, hang out with him when he played here and now know what were his problems
blacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 21:46   #24942
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacki View Post
because all of you smart guys, hang out with him when he played here and now know what were his problems
I dont think him training too hard was the reason he failed.

Cocaina bro and him being Berlusconis step son for 15min. Probably had a better life than he would have being Capocannoniere tbh.

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 10:23   #24943
Balthier
Primavera Player

injuries aside do you think Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho was bad influence on him and his carreer?
Balthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 05:38   #24944
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Just remembered that he actually played for Chelsea at one point & loads of random clubs Still much love for Pato.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 14:19   #24945
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier View Post
injuries aside do you think Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho was bad influence on him and his carreer?
Not that I'm saying that it couldn't be.....but it's not an excuse.
Dida, Kaka, Lucio, Cafu etc were around these guys more than Pato.
Neymar came up afterwards. They all did exceptionally well.
Pato's failings are on himself and his injuries. And you couldn't find a bigger fanboy of him. Hell I got two of his shirts

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 09:25   #24946
Fusiproe12
Afrislavian

Leao > Pato
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 15:22   #24947
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Not under 20 years

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 02:42   #24948
Balthier
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Not that I'm saying that it couldn't be.....but it's not an excuse.
Dida, Kaka, Lucio, Cafu etc were around these guys more than Pato.
Neymar came up afterwards. They all did exceptionally well.
Pato's failings are on himself and his injuries. And you couldn't find a bigger fanboy of him. Hell I got two of his shirts
i mean Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho was his Milan Teammates and those 3 was known for their party lifestyle i mean you know the story of Ronaldo gave Pato Playboy magazine
Balthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 21:04   #24949
mazurxiii
Rookie

I read theory that MilanLab wanted to 'upgrade' Pato (force him to gain more muscle) and they overdid it. Thats why he became injury prone. And then he lost his speed/acc and the rest is history. Nowdays - if somobody think about 'what if' - u can look at Mbappe - same type of player.
mazurxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 21:41   #24950
Sven
Super Moderator

It was not partying or injuries. The dude just never really developed his skillset and tactical understanding.

His game is as raw today as it was when at 18. He still can do those instinctive runs to the box (altough he has lost some of this speed and acceleration now) and he still has that slick and fast dribbles and eventual great finishing touch.

And he still can't use this consistently, he still can't play outside the box cause his short passes and first touch turn/control is still bad and he still can't do the more demanding job of a pivot and he still is not smart enough to be a pure poacher either.

We all saw those weakness when he had arrived at Milan but he was so young and had such raw tools that you would just assume it was just a matter of time and training. But it never happened. That's the thing with potential: sometimes it is doesn't become real.

Mbappe at 22 is a much more complete player than he was at 17.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 04:57   #24951
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
It was not partying or injuries. The dude just never really developed his skillset and tactical understanding.

His game is as raw today as it was when at 18. He still can do those instinctive runs to the box (altough he has lost some of this speed and acceleration now) and he still has that slick and fast dribbles and eventual great finishing touch.

And he still can't use this consistently, he still can't play outside the box cause his short passes and first touch turn/control is still bad and he still can't do the more demanding job of a pivot and he still is not smart enough to be a pure poacher either.

We all saw those weakness when he had arrived at Milan but he was so young and had such raw tools that you would just assume it was just a matter of time and training. But it never happened. That's the thing with potential: sometimes it is doesn't become real.

Mbappe at 22 is a much more complete player than he was at 17.
Thanks Sven. Everything was instinctive as you said, that's why his dribbles were straight line runs, often into defenders. Great goalscorer though.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote