The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who should win Panchina d'Oro 2018-19?
Max Allegri 1 2.78%
Gian Piero Gasperini 17 47.22%
Gennaro Gattuso 9 25.00%
Leonardo Semplici 3 8.33%
Sinisa Mihajlovic 4 11.11%
Carlo Ancelotti 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2021, 01:39   #14221
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend
 
helloAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: kathmandu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
One of the most beautiful tackles I've seen in my life gets rewarded a penalty
Didn't even touched the ball. We've gotten penalised even when we got the ball.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 12:05   #14222
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default


In 2016 Paratici rejected signing Mbappe because he thought €50 million was too much for a youngster, the next summer they bought Bernardeschi for €40m + bonuses ��

�� **********



Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 13:53   #14223
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

In 2016 Paratici rejected signing Mbappe because he thought ?50 million was too much for a youngster, the next summer they bought Bernardeschi for ?40m + bonuses ��

�� **********

Now they will push Bernardeschi on us, just watch. MilanLab will be pleased.


Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 20:38   #14224
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk
 
Nestafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka, T. Silva. Current AC - Ibra, Calabria, Tonali, Tata
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

In 2016 Paratici rejected signing Mbappe because he thought ?50 million was too much for a youngster, the next summer they bought Bernardeschi for ?40m + bonuses ��

�� **********

Insert appropriate gif reaction.


Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:39   #14225
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Official: Juve-Napoli to be replayed on March 17

https://www.football-italia.net/1671...layed-march-17

Interesting turn of events. Napoli get an extra point(back) and a chance for another 3.


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 14:11   #14226
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Inter is growing solid, like a project should be.

We got top of the table like Chievo once did.. without knowing what has been doing.

I dont like Conte a bit, but he is able to put a team together and take the best of them.. i dont like his style and dont like his tactics, but he for sure makes a team be competitive.


Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 17:27   #14227
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

That's because they have a better team than us.

Do you honestly think we have a better squad than Inter or Juventus?
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 18:18   #14228
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Last season I thought I could play better football than our players. We should be grateful for the position we are in. Our team is competitive and every match we are there to win. You cannot expect such a young team to win tournaments instantly.

For this period, Pioli is the man. He deserves a chance at the CL if he can take us that far. When the opportunity arises to hire a better coach we should take it, but that moment is not now.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 20:51   #14229
Il grande Milan
AC Milan Legend
 
Il grande Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Official: Juve-Napoli to be replayed on March 17

https://www.football-italia.net/1671...layed-march-17

Interesting turn of events. Napoli get an extra point(back) and a chance for another 3.
how is this even possible they get a point back?


Signature
To my favourite forum members:

The Three Sisters love you from the heart
No matter how much you argue... they cannot be drawn apart
With she sisters, you cannot have a grudge
They are as sweet as chocolate and as smooth as fudge
The Three Sisters are a joy that cannot be taken away
Once they enter your life, they are here to stay

Il grande Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 23:05   #14230
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
how is this even possible they get a point back?
They originally got deducted a point for the not turning up.

I thought that had been re-awarded back when their appeal was successful though.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 00:33   #14231
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
That's because they have a better team than us.

Do you honestly think we have a better squad than Inter or Juventus?

Im talking about projects Kuja, they have one, we don't.


Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 10:39   #14232
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

How can you even say that?

We have one of the youngest teams in Europe while they have one of the oldest, plus they are on a financial precipice. Alongside those, they have Conte in charge, a man who has stormed out of every single role he has had since Juventus.

Juventus have even less than a project than Inter.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:13   #14233
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member
 
JacksonReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
How can you even say that?

We have one of the youngest teams in Europe while they have one of the oldest, plus they are on a financial precipice. Alongside those, they have Conte in charge, a man who has stormed out of every single role he has had since Juventus.

Juventus have even less than a project than Inter.
Young squad doesnt mean having a project. Especially when the avg ages are skewed by rotational players.

Sometimes, having experienced old players like Chiellini as a reliable back up is much better than having to thrown Kalulu into a crucial match. That would damage both the team's performance and the young player's development.

Both Juve and Inter have many great young talents in their starting XI e.g. de Ligt, Chiesa, Barella, Lautaro,... we simply don't have more or better young talents than them.

And if you look at the players will need to be replaced in the near future. Juve have Chiellini and Cuadrado, maybe Ronaldo too. While Inter have Handanovic and Young/Perisic. At the same time, we will have to look for replacements for 2 of our most important players in Ibra and Kjear very soon. Ah, and Dollar, Roma and Hakan's renewals are still on the line too. Would be catastrophic if we lose any of them.

How is our situation any better than Juve and Inter?
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 03:08   #14234
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Young squad doesnt mean having a project. Especially when the avg ages are skewed by rotational players.

Sometimes, having experienced old players like Chiellini as a reliable back up is much better than having to thrown Kalulu into a crucial match. That would damage both the team's performance and the young player's development.

Both Juve and Inter have many great young talents in their starting XI e.g. de Ligt, Chiesa, Barella, Lautaro,... we simply don't have more or better young talents than them.

And if you look at the players will need to be replaced in the near future. Juve have Chiellini and Cuadrado, maybe Ronaldo too. While Inter have Handanovic and Young/Perisic. At the same time, we will have to look for replacements for 2 of our most important players in Ibra and Kjear very soon. Ah, and Dollar, Roma and Hakan's renewals are still on the line too. Would be catastrophic if we lose any of them.

How is our situation any better than Juve and Inter?
Really dumb post. You mentioned like five combined talents for Juve and inter while failing to mention milan having any other than ?rotational players? like Kalulu. Calabria, theo, Tomori, bennacer, kessie, leao. Several others probably below that talent level but still have already proven to be very capable of contributing already. I wasn?t even mentioning the players you pointed out who could be lost due to non renewal, but that only adds to our talent level.


Inter has no doubt had a fortunate season. Winning the league is winning the league, which is what their team was built to do. They are in win now mode and they know it. A lot of us so called Milan fans can?t remember past 3 games but Milan has lead serie a for over half the season. Yes, it doesn?t matter at the end of the season and everyone knows that, but it shows what this team is capable of when they?re close to fit and playing with continuity. We played more games this season than inter and in general just had key players out every week for so long, they were always going to overtake us at that rate.

Juve has more young talents than inter and more to work with, they can salvage a good team in there but they need fixing in the midfield and they need to find a way to depend less on Ronaldo, which is difficult as long as he?s there. And of course pirlo is a big question mark, which is an advantage for Milan and inter. Conte will leave inter when he realizes their future isn?t long lasting, he?s already started to hint at signs of this.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 03:20   #14235
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member
 
JacksonReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
Really dumb post. You mentioned like five combined talents for Juve and inter while failing to mention milan having any other than ?rotational players? like Kalulu. Calabria, theo, Tomori, bennacer, kessie, leao. Several others probably below that talent level but still have already proven to be very capable of contributing already. I wasn?t even mentioning the players you pointed out who could be lost due to non renewal, but that only adds to our talent level.


Inter has no doubt had a fortunate season. Winning the league is winning the league, which is what their team was built to do. They are in win now mode and they know it. A lot of us so called Milan fans can?t remember past 3 games but Milan has lead serie a for over half the season. Yes, it doesn?t matter at the end of the season and everyone knows that, but it shows what this team is capable of when they?re close to fit and playing with continuity. We played more games this season than inter and in general just had key players out every week for so long, they were always going to overtake us at that rate.

Juve has more young talents than inter and more to work with, they can salvage a good team in there but they need fixing in the midfield and they need to find a way to depend less on Ronaldo, which is difficult as long as he?s there. And of course pirlo is a big question mark, which is an advantage for Milan and inter. Conte will leave inter when he realizes their future isn?t long lasting, he?s already started to hint at signs of this.
Work on your reading comprehension mate.

I said we DON'T have MORE young talents than them, didn't say we don't have some.

Even when we do have talents, are we doing a good job developing them? I'm inclined to say NO. Roma, Dollar, Leao and Kalulu, just to give some examples, some that we aren't developing well.

If you want to throw every U25 players we have here, then they also have Kulusevski, Demiral, Hakimi, Bastoni. I'm only counting players who are getting significant minutes and not Kalulu's minutes. Friendly reminder too: we don't even own Tomori yet, so don't count your eggs.

Lastly, in the near future, we will need to replace Ibra and Kjear, two of our best performers. That's not less than the old players Inter and Juve are looking to replace.

Last edited by JacksonReality; 09-04-2021 at 03:28.
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:31   #14236
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member
 
JacksonReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default

And btw, can anyone help calculate our average age after this season when the Dollar brothers leave for free to juve and we buy Perin to replace them?
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:37   #14237
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Work on your reading comprehension mate.

I said we DON'T have MORE young talents than them, didn't say we don't have some.

Even when we do have talents, are we doing a good job developing them? I'm inclined to say NO. Roma, Dollar, Leao and Kalulu, just to give some examples, some that we aren't developing well.

If you want to throw every U25 players we have here, then they also have Kulusevski, Demiral, Hakimi, Bastoni. I'm only counting players who are getting significant minutes and not Kalulu's minutes. Friendly reminder too: we don't even own Tomori yet, so don't count your eggs.

Lastly, in the near future, we will need to replace Ibra and Kjear, two of our best performers. That's not less than the old players Inter and Juve are looking to replace.
How else could we be developing Dolla?

He plays literally every single game. The only other thing we could do is play him somewhere else.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 14:54   #14238
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member
 
JacksonReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
How else could we be developing Dolla?

He plays literally every single game. The only other thing we could do is play him somewhere else.
Youth development is not limited to giving playing time.

It's also about giving quality coaching, providing stable environment, protecting from bad influences, etc...

And we didn't do well in these regards. He was thrown into the fray too young, and forced to play through bad patches of form, we didn't/couldn't protect him.

He didn't have a stable environment and coaching, we changed coaches way too often with these coaches usually had conflicted philosophy too. I attribute his decision making errors to this.

We also didn't protect him from bad influences. The way we managed his initial contract was horrible. Instead of being proactive, we let his contract slide until it almost expired and inevitably got fucked by Raiola. The same thing is happening again. It's very hard to focus when your contract situation is regularly talked about on the paper and fans abuse you on social media.

I know we were in shitty situation and probably couldn't do much better anyway. But the truth remains that we are still far from 'having a project'

Last edited by JacksonReality; 09-04-2021 at 14:59.
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 19:05   #14239
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Work on your reading comprehension mate.

I said we DON'T have MORE young talents than them, didn't say we don't have some.

Even when we do have talents, are we doing a good job developing them? I'm inclined to say NO. Roma, Dollar, Leao and Kalulu, just to give some examples, some that we aren't developing well.

If you want to throw every U25 players we have here, then they also have Kulusevski, Demiral, Hakimi, Bastoni. I'm only counting players who are getting significant minutes and not Kalulu's minutes. Friendly reminder too: we don't even own Tomori yet, so don't count your eggs.

Lastly, in the near future, we will need to replace Ibra and Kjear, two of our best performers. That's not less than the old players Inter and Juve are looking to replace.
Still though, we do have more talents than them, that?s implied.

Even the players you named, how are we not developing them well? Gigio was the most hyped goalkeeper talent in forever, started at 16 and Milan has allowed him to continue on his path and become a world class player, he is paid as such and his next contract will show that even more. Romagnoli has had some struggles here this season but he went from a highly rated prospect to captain of the team and a big part of the team on our incredible winning run. Leao? Far better stats this season, has performed in several big games and stepped up when others were injured, some of his goals and assists definitely won the team points. He has no doubt taken a step forward this season regardless of his recent form. Kalulu went from a youth team player in his rookie season to being able to step in at multiple positions and sufficiently cover injured players.

Every single one of them is growing and moving forward. Those are only the players you named, I could do this for a lot more of our team. Juve has more to work with than inter in terms of the future I think, but like I said, Ronaldo and pirlo are holding them back. Most inter fans would tell you their outlook for future seasons isn?t too great.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 22:42   #14240
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Youth development is not limited to giving playing time.

It's also about giving quality coaching, providing stable environment, protecting from bad influences, etc...

And we didn't do well in these regards. He was thrown into the fray too young, and forced to play through bad patches of form, we didn't/couldn't protect him.

He didn't have a stable environment and coaching, we changed coaches way too often with these coaches usually had conflicted philosophy too. I attribute his decision making errors to this.

We also didn't protect him from bad influences. The way we managed his initial contract was horrible. Instead of being proactive, we let his contract slide until it almost expired and inevitably got fucked by Raiola. The same thing is happening again. It's very hard to focus when your contract situation is regularly talked about on the paper and fans abuse you on social media.

I know we were in shitty situation and probably couldn't do much better anyway. But the truth remains that we are still far from 'having a project'
If he wasn't thrown into the fray, there is an entire argument that he wouldn't be a factor or anywhere close to now.

I can agree that we changed coaches and the club situation was less than perfect, but in the end it would boil down to whether you like them. For example, a manager you don't like bringing through a youngster will mean you don't think they've done a good job.

You have a fair point - I just don't necessarily agree to it.

We've at least professed to going for young players with some experience added on top. Inter and Juventus have done nothing similar to this, just have implicitly swollen their squads and wage bills.

If Inter say nothing but spend a huge amount winning a title, why do they have a project if they've bought some Italian talents?
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:46.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.