The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:09   #4321
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I think his tackles per 90 stats shows a clear regression this season.

Also the Dribbled past stat

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:18   #4322
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I think his tackles per 90 stats shows a clear regression this season.

this shows a lot. you can see each year essentially looking better and better especially with the dribbles past looking better each year then this and then all of the sudden just lays a turd this year... It's too bad he hasn't continued his progression this year. Then again, it's 1 bad season so who knows, is it too early to call it a day for him? Yes, too soon IMO. But also I am curious to see how he responds. He will have more chances this season and his fate is in his hands. He either steps up and shows his worth, or he crumbles. Let's see.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:09   #4323
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Romagnoli is not a bad player. Tomori has real talent, and most importantly is probably a better fit for our game with his athleticism and ability to cover. There’s no issue in admitting that, but that doesn’t mean he is some awful player who has always sucked. There is a big trend here with the same posters who think that being other just eeyore losers who love to hate on everything and probably have no friends or fun, and the people who thought Kessie, hakan and others were complete garbage(really funny btw how those same dudes act like they never said those things).

Many have pointed out fatigue, and goodfella has showed his stats pre summer injury, and it really does make sense that there would be a regression. Kjaer has been hurt a lot, and the other centerback options before january(Gabbia also injured and then kalulu) were inexperienced, so Romagnoli has had to play a lot of games. If you count post covid since there was hardly a break and a super condensed schedule, he has played a lot with a serious injury wedged in there. That’s not to say it’s a magical excuse and he doesn’t deserve to be dropped. He did regress and he was dropped, fairly. But it’s obvious why his performances have dipped. He is not the only player on Milan or in Europe to deal with fatigue, drop in performances, fitness etc. In fact many are trying to overlook it but a lot of our players this month have started to show serious signs of general fatigue, and it’s the single most worrying aspect of our season, far more than player selection and tactics.

Romagnoli was on the field for the vast majority of games in the last season and a half, and Milan won a very high percentage of those. Obviously being one player on a functional team doesn’t mean everything, but being it’s captain at a serious position like centerback clearly does mean something unless you’re an idiot. I think he is a good not great player. In fact if you look at Milan’s backline and team in general going back to Gattuso’s last season(missing third by one point), if you ignore the awful Giampaolo stretch in between Gattuso and Pioli the team has played at close to or higher than a top 4 level for the past three seasons.

He is also a good passer, people look for flashy skills like Bonucci or Silva but he plays the simple balls right. Tomori is not a good passer, he almost always plays it to the keeper, his fullback or his centerback partner. Romagnoli is not often splitting the ball forward or doing the diagonal to release the fulback(Calabria isn’t theo by the way and Alexis/Samu are not Rebic) but he often finds a forward pass to a midfield. Vertical passing is important. Tomori also has lost out on a few headers. That being said, I am in no way for Romagnoli benching Tomori. He is a fantastic athlete, he’s fresher having barely played for Chelsea, and he is clearly the better option. But the knee jerking over certain players is getting annoying. Romagnoli will feature more this season and hopefully a break helps him. Kessie needed one too, he’s gotten more rest and now is playing better again.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:44   #4324
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
Romagnoli is not a bad player. Tomori has real talent, and most importantly is probably a better fit for our game with his athleticism and ability to cover. There?s no issue in admitting that, but that doesn?t mean he is some awful player who has always sucked. There is a big trend here with the same posters who think that being other just eeyore losers who love to hate on everything and probably have no friends or fun, and the people who thought Kessie, hakan and others were complete garbage(really funny btw how those same dudes act like they never said those things).

Many have pointed out fatigue, and goodfella has showed his stats pre summer injury, and it really does make sense that there would be a regression. Kjaer has been hurt a lot, and the other centerback options before january(Gabbia also injured and then kalulu) were inexperienced, so Romagnoli has had to play a lot of games. If you count post covid since there was hardly a break and a super condensed schedule, he has played a lot with a serious injury wedged in there. That?s not to say it?s a magical excuse and he doesn?t deserve to be dropped. He did regress and he was dropped, fairly. But it?s obvious why his performances have dipped. He is not the only player on Milan or in Europe to deal with fatigue, drop in performances, fitness etc. In fact many are trying to overlook it but a lot of our players this month have started to show serious signs of general fatigue, and it?s the single most worrying aspect of our season, far more than player selection and tactics.

Romagnoli was on the field for the vast majority of games in the last season and a half, and Milan won a very high percentage of those. Obviously being one player on a functional team doesn?t mean everything, but being it?s captain at a serious position like centerback clearly does mean something unless you?re an idiot. I think he is a good not great player. In fact if you look at Milan?s backline and team in general going back to Gattuso?s last season(missing third by one point), if you ignore the awful Giampaolo stretch in between Gattuso and Pioli the team has played at close to or higher than a top 4 level for the past three seasons.

He is also a good passer, people look for flashy skills like Bonucci or Silva but he plays the simple balls right. Tomori is not a good passer, he almost always plays it to the keeper, his fullback or his centerback partner. Romagnoli is not often splitting the ball forward or doing the diagonal to release the fulback(Calabria isn?t theo by the way and Alexis/Samu are not Rebic) but he often finds a forward pass to a midfield. Vertical passing is important. Tomori also has lost out on a few headers. That being said, I am in no way for Romagnoli benching Tomori. He is a fantastic athlete, he?s fresher having barely played for Chelsea, and he is clearly the better option. But the knee jerking over certain players is getting annoying. Romagnoli will feature more this season and hopefully a break helps him. Kessie needed one too, he?s gotten more rest and now is playing better again.
good honest reviewing and commenting

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:10   #4325
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Inshallah , and may Bari benefit mightily from this

He will do better relatively because they will look worse in his presence.

Strong hunch he hampers their development if they play with him given his 0 leadership skills. Might even get more mileage from starting gabbia and kalulu together.
Jay Sriram
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:07   #4326
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Romagnoli is not a bad player.
Whatever words followed this line automatically became meaningless.

--------

Fun fact: it's been 1 month since we have won a match with romagnoli starting (Feb 7th crotone 4-0).

Looking forward to seeing who bends him over and claps his cheeks next.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 16:04   #4327
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Quote:

--------

Fun fact: it's been 1 month since we have won a match with romagnoli starting (Feb 7th crotone 4-0).

imagine having your personality

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 17:36   #4328
beegees
Living Stoneman

Fav. Players: Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Quote:
Romagnoli is not a bad player. Tomori has real talent, and most importantly is probably a better fit for our game with his athleticism and ability to cover. There?s no issue in admitting that, but that doesn?t mean he is some awful player who has always sucked. There is a big trend here with the same posters who think that being other just eeyore losers who love to hate on everything and probably have no friends or fun, and the people who thought Kessie, hakan and others were complete garbage(really funny btw how those same dudes act like they never said those things).

Many have pointed out fatigue, and goodfella has showed his stats pre summer injury, and it really does make sense that there would be a regression. Kjaer has been hurt a lot, and the other centerback options before january(Gabbia also injured and then kalulu) were inexperienced, so Romagnoli has had to play a lot of games. If you count post covid since there was hardly a break and a super condensed schedule, he has played a lot with a serious injury wedged in there. That?s not to say it?s a magical excuse and he doesn?t deserve to be dropped. He did regress and he was dropped, fairly. But it?s obvious why his performances have dipped. He is not the only player on Milan or in Europe to deal with fatigue, drop in performances, fitness etc. In fact many are trying to overlook it but a lot of our players this month have started to show serious signs of general fatigue, and it?s the single most worrying aspect of our season, far more than player selection and tactics.

Romagnoli was on the field for the vast majority of games in the last season and a half, and Milan won a very high percentage of those. Obviously being one player on a functional team doesn?t mean everything, but being it?s captain at a serious position like centerback clearly does mean something unless you?re an idiot. I think he is a good not great player. In fact if you look at Milan?s backline and team in general going back to Gattuso?s last season(missing third by one point), if you ignore the awful Giampaolo stretch in between Gattuso and Pioli the team has played at close to or higher than a top 4 level for the past three seasons.

He is also a good passer, people look for flashy skills like Bonucci or Silva but he plays the simple balls right. Tomori is not a good passer, he almost always plays it to the keeper, his fullback or his centerback partner. Romagnoli is not often splitting the ball forward or doing the diagonal to release the fulback(Calabria isn?t theo by the way and Alexis/Samu are not Rebic) but he often finds a forward pass to a midfield. Vertical passing is important. Tomori also has lost out on a few headers. That being said, I am in no way for Romagnoli benching Tomori. He is a fantastic athlete, he?s fresher having barely played for Chelsea, and he is clearly the better option. But the knee jerking over certain players is getting annoying. Romagnoli will feature more this season and hopefully a break helps him. Kessie needed one too, he?s gotten more rest and now is playing better again.
beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:48   #4329
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Quote:

--------

Lol ok. We also won like 85% of our games with him playing every week for almost a calendar year. No losses. God forbid we lose 3 games
Old 04-03-2021, 20:59   #4330
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
imagine having your personality
I?ve said this many times on here because there?s a few of them but these kinds of dudes are just so annoying. There are times to criticize and times to praise, this is a football fan forum lmao. That?s what being a fan is. But ?trolling? or not when literally everything you say, even when you?re trying to be funny, is negative I just really wonder. Everything he says is just Milan sucks, our players suck, everything sucks, grass is greener at Bayern, idk. Jokes aren?t even funny.

It?s just the internet so I won?t judge, I could never really know but in the real world I know I don?t enjoy being around people who always spew negativity. If everything that comes out is negative you?re probably not a fun person to hang out with.
Old 05-03-2021, 19:52   #4331
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Quote:
I?ve said this many times on here because there?s a few of them but these kinds of dudes are just so annoying. There are times to criticize and times to praise, this is a football fan forum lmao. That?s what being a fan is. But ?trolling? or not when literally everything you say, even when you?re trying to be funny, is negative I just really wonder. Everything he says is just Milan sucks, our players suck, everything sucks, grass is greener at Bayern, idk. Jokes aren?t even funny.

It?s just the internet so I won?t judge, I could never really know but in the real world I know I don?t enjoy being around people who always spew negativity. If everything that comes out is negative you?re probably not a fun person to hang out with.
It's a need of attention and that they actually believe they're being funny, original or something.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 21:11   #4332
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Daniel Maldini.

Quote:

I don't know what issues this guy has irl, but he's been doing this on RnB for years now. It's always the same predictable crap in an attempt to wind people up.

Not sure how long you've been around, but I'd strongly advise you not to waste your time on this poster.

Signature

Ellyse Perry
Rumpelstiltskin is online now   Reply With Quote