The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 04-03-2021, 18:12   #20081
VooDooDoll
))<>((

^^ doubt barca or juve can spend 100+ millions on him
and mu is a mess ... good place to go and get big wage

Signature

Pioli: "Can Tomori stop Lukaku? He is doing well, he has different characteristics from the others. But for technical and physical characteristics, Tomori is better at playing against Lautaro or Sanchez, he's fast but not that powerful to counter such attackers. He is intelligent, I'm happy with his performances.

positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna?, krunic, rebic, hakan, theo?

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 18:15   #20082
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
True, but we didn't thought that we could win against Roma after the last couple of weeks and yet we did.

This squad is squeezing every little bit out of its bones while it gave us so much joy and happiness in what have been some of our darkest months in a long time. That's why I'm on Instagram spamming their posts with lots of encouragement and positive words every day.

I never did in the past but somehow I feel like as a fan that's the most productive thing I can contribute to help them get back in track and continue this wonderful journey that began almost a year ago. I mean it's easy to like and be a fan wen things are going well. It's even easier to be hyped. But the moment the team needs it's fans the most are the very exact moments we are going through now.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 18:21   #20083
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
^^ doubt barca or juve can spend 100+ millions on him
rolo isnt going to let Dortmund set Haaland's transfer fee... big reason why they went to Dortmund in the first place.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Galli, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, R10, R9, Rivaldo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 18:33   #20084
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
rolo isnt going to let Dortmund set Haaland's transfer fee... big reason why they went to Dortmund in the first place.
rumors are bvb wants above 80 millions (he has release clause since 2o22 set on 75?)
at top of that raiola will take 15+ millions
haaland padre is next for the money - rumors -> he has promised 10 millions.

Signature

Pioli: "Can Tomori stop Lukaku? He is doing well, he has different characteristics from the others. But for technical and physical characteristics, Tomori is better at playing against Lautaro or Sanchez, he's fast but not that powerful to counter such attackers. He is intelligent, I'm happy with his performances.

positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna?, krunic, rebic, hakan, theo?

Old 04-03-2021, 18:56   #20085
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

I think we need a new strategy against teams who park the bus from start, or after they go down to 10.
The Udinese clusterfuck was partly due to a lack of continuity and the absence of certain important players, but only partly.
We've never been convincing against teams that sit back and let us figure out how to break their wall.
It's so bad that we genuinely seem worse when the opponents go a man down.
The provincial teams shouldn't be given more incentives to sit back than the ones they already have.

Our front 4 is often too predictable for teams that are willing to park a bus. They're warned in advance about our high number of attackers and set up accordingly. Ibra, an in form Hakan, Rebic, Bennacer and Calabria had the skills and chemistry to solve these difficult puzzles, but it becomes a difficult puzzle due to our strategy.
Seedorf's 4-2-4 had the same problem in home games, despite a higher points-per-game than Allegri that season.

I think Allegri and Montella's 4-3-whatever handled these home games the best.
Pretty much all that was needed were attackers with decent holdup play, and late runs from the midfield. We attacked in small numbers, until a 4th hidden attacker(Noce/Flam/Muntari/Poli/Bona) surprised them before they were able to retract. That was the unpredictability needed to break them down when individual creativity and brilliance were missing.

But of course, even something as simple as that requires certain type of personnel.
Do we even have a Noce, Flamini, Muntari, Poli or Bona type of player available?
A midfielder that can score?
Kessie has the mobility, but not the skills. Meite seems to have the skills but he doesn't have the mobility. Krunic has the mobility, but he seems only slightly less wasteful than Kessie.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:10   #20086
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
One thing I still hope to see from Pioli is more innovation, something to surprise the opponent.

I still remember when Seedorf put Poli as CF (nominally) in one game and everybody thought he'd gone insane, but turned out to be a great move.

Does anybody remember which game was that? Goodfella?
I dont remember this but I do remember Seedorf fielding Poli as AM and winger in his 4-2-3-1.

That was also the only time he wasn't a defensive liability for Milan against teams who could attack us.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:12   #20087
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I think we need a new strategy against teams who park the bus from start, or after they go down to 10.
The Udinese clusterfuck was partly due to a lack of continuity and the absence of certain important players, but only partly.
We've never been convincing against teams that sit back and let us figure out how to break their wall.
It's so bad that we genuinely seem worse when the opponents go a man down.
The provincial teams shouldn't be given more incentives to sit back than the ones they already have.

Our front 4 is often too predictable for teams that are willing to park a bus. They're warned in advance about our high number of attackers and set up accordingly. Ibra, an in form Hakan, Rebic, Bennacer and Calabria had the skills and chemistry to solve these difficult puzzles, but it becomes a difficult puzzle due to our strategy.
Seedorf's 4-2-4 had the same problem in home games, despite a higher points-per-game than Allegri that season.

I think Allegri and Montella's 4-3-whatever handled these home games the best.
Pretty much all that was needed were attackers with decent holdup play, and late runs from the midfield. We attacked in small numbers, until a 4th hidden attacker(Noce/Flam/Muntari/Poli/Bona) surprised them before they were able to retract. That was the unpredictability needed to break them down when individual creativity and brilliance were missing.

But of course, even something as simple as that requires certain type of personnel.
Do we even have a Noce, Flamini, Muntari, Poli or Bona type of player available?
A midfielder that can score?
Kessie has the mobility, but not the skills. Meite seems to have the skills but he doesn't have the mobility. Krunic has the mobility, but he seems only slightly less wasteful than Kessie.

What are your thoughts regarding Pioli's possible decision to play Krunic instead of Diaz on Sunday? Given the slim pickings currently, do you think that would be better than playing Diaz?

Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:33   #20088
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Icardi is one that immediately pops into my mind. Well, if Leao shares closely the same goal scoring numbers as Icardi we can talk...

But until then, there really are no excuses for his soft laissez faire attitude. Isn't that the issue here?

The game yesterday surely didn't help his characteristics, I can agree on that. I'm not complaining his lack of goals however, but his lack of spirit. He didn't even try to participate. For comparison: Rebic was played lone CF despite not being at his auge at all up there many times this season. He didn't do much better neither if you looked at numbers only. However, you clearly see two different attitudes on the pitch when you compare them; one that helps your team and one that seems to not even care.

I want Leao to be much hungrier on the pitch. Even, or better said, especially when the opponent doesn't suit his characteristics. At least try to offer something, and not seemingly enter the pitch with an excuse to begin with for not being deceive at all. That's not how he's gonna grow into a professional football player.
That's what it boils down to.

I think this is why my own team mates get mad at me when I play ball

If I think I can't do anything with the pass/opportunity I won't try

Then again I'm not getting gorillions to risk my body to not be in a condition to turn up for work the next day.

Good strikers put away chances. Great strikers can sniff out half chances and make things out of situations that didn't even look like opportunities. I hope Pioli can drill this into the guy because he really looks like a good kid. I want him to succeed even more than Andre Silva

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:04   #20089
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Inter are a disgusting team. I hate that we are behind them.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:11   #20090
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
So gross and ugly

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:13   #20091
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Agree with Fella that we need midfielders who can score 7-8 non-PK goals per season. Jack with all his flaws always managed to put in a few, Flamini also was capable of pulling a surprise one.

I think Kessie and Benny can get there. First has a terribly strong shot and just need to learn how to aim it, the latter has a better aim and can also dribble himself into the box.

Besides this, we really lack someone super creative. Rebic and Leao are both OK, but nothing special at this chapter.
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:13   #20092
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Pioli ball is spending 400% of your energy in the first 25-minutes, not scoring a goal, and then getting out-hustled by the other team for 65+ minutes.

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:29   #20093
VooDooDoll
))<>((

bona was playing as winger or attacking mid
not on position were benna/kessie/tonali play.

our mid lacking assists/goals - yea, already mentioned 2 months ago
but its overall problem - benna and kessie are not good enough at it
tonali and meite .... not sure about anything
rumors we had about bakayoko - he wouldnt help in attack except headers?!
thats why i doubt our midfield of benna-kessie is good enough for top ucl spots.

we just need hardworking cm with some offensive abilities - scouts, statsmans??

Signature

Old 04-03-2021, 20:33   #20094
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini SD

Paolo in Ibiza mode already

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Tonali will not be played infront of the defence, he is unaware defensively.

He will rotating at #10 with hakan.

Safest way to integrate him and in a couple of seasons he can be moved back to deeper position.
Hugh Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:34   #20095
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Quote:
+36 goal difference

Signature
Quote:

Safest way to integrate him and in a couple of seasons he can be moved back to deeper position.
Old 04-03-2021, 20:37   #20096
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
+36 goal difference
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:47   #20097
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post

Paolo in Ibiza mode already
this is gold
Old 04-03-2021, 20:48   #20098
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Quote:

Signature
Quote:

Old 04-03-2021, 20:52   #20099
Ronin
Milansochist

Are there any players with exceptional dribbling skills that might be in our price range? Maybe expiring contract or some behavioral flaws. At this point, I'd take a gamble with someone similar to Taarabt.

I think we have the proper environment for outcasts to redeem themselves.

Against the Udineses out there, we need someone who could do stuff like this

Old 04-03-2021, 20:55   #20100
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Are there any players with exceptional dribbling skills that might be in our price range? Maybe expiring contract or some behavioral flaws. At this point, I'd take a gamble with someone similar to Taarabt.

I think we have the proper environment for outcasts to redeem themselves.

Against the Udineses out there, we need someone who could do stuff like this

This is a dejavu post

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
General is offline   Reply With Quote