Week 22: Spezia - Milan 13/02/2021 20:45 CET

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
1612718962558554-0.png

Preview - Spezia are the worst home team in the league having picked up 6/30 points in Liguria. Meanwhile we're the best away team having collected 28/30 points on the road.

But you certainly didn't hear this from me.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
These next few games... a Ibra hattrick inevitable.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I'll take a 1-0 win with a deflected o.g. in the 90th minute.

Save yourselves for the derbi

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll take a 1-0 win with a deflected o.g. in the 90th minute.

Save yourselves for the derbi

I think a game you're 3:0 at halftime is the kind of game that you can put your foot off the gas and control it and save energy. A 90th minute winner means you're running around trying to win every ball.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Let's leave them for dead.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Another 4-0 bitte

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
13.02 spezia
18.02 red:star:
21.02 inter

who will play in attack in this games?
spezia: rebic-ibra-saele/samu with some early sub rebic<>leao and later ibra <> mandzu, maybe add hauge here and there.
red :star:: rebic-leao-samu/saele
inter:rebic/leao-ibra-saele/samu?

romag should be rotate also (at least for last 20-30 minutes) since he is playing always, same as kessie.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spezia is a weird team. They beat Roma in Coppa,and Napoli in Naples. They play much better away. Nzola is very interesting attacker, Pobega will also play.
Ibra is master for these type of teams,expecting another brace from him. Mandzukic should play half an hour if everything goes to plan. I hope Rebic will have another good game.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I think a game you're 3:0 at halftime is the kind of game that you can put your foot off the gas and control it and save energy. A 90th minute winner means you're running around trying to win every ball.

stop making sense, let massaro dream :proud:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
13.02 spezia
18.02 red:star:
21.02 inter

who will play in attack in this games?
spezia: rebic-ibra-saele/samu with some early sub rebic<>leao and later ibra <> mandzu, maybe add hauge here and there.
red :star:: rebic-leao-samu/saele
inter:rebic/leao-ibra-saele/samu?

romag should be rotate also (at least for last 20-30 minutes) since he is playing always, same as kessie.

I think the plan is to start Mandzukic in the EL

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
We should start our strongest xi.vs spezia, Try wrap up game at 60mins, rest key players or sub out any booked players. mid week game. start half 2nd string and half strongest xi, sub our key xi as much as possible in that game. then start our strongest vs inter.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We should start our strongest xi.vs spezia, Try wrap up game at 60mins, rest key players or sub out any booked players. mid week game. start half 2nd string and half strongest xi, sub our key xi as much as possible in that game. then start our strongest vs inter.
Approved.
We will play a game every three days for a total of seven games so we should definitely rest our players in EL.
Wining the EL doesnt mean shit , ask Sevilla.
But wining scudetto :eek:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
More playing time for Bennacer & Hakan.
And i would like to see Kalulu playin as our rightback.

Kalulu, Tomori & Theo. So much speed at the back!

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spezia is a weird team. They beat Roma in Coppa,and Napoli in Naples. They play much better away. Nzola is very interesting attacker, Pobega will also play.
Ibra is master for these type of teams,expecting another brace from him. Mandzukic should play half an hour if everything goes to plan. I hope Rebic will have another good game.

Pobega doesn't start for them anymore

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Tbh Kalulu should be 2nd choice right back. Dalot 2nd choice left back

Like someone else said, ill be very disappointed to see Dalot start at rightback with Calabria suspension

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
If Pioli sees Kalulu as mainly a RB, which judging by his comments, he probably does, and given that he seems confidant in Kalulu's abilities and maturity, it would be stupid of him to insist on Dalot as 2nd choice RB, considering how lackluster Dalot has been during all this season, bar one game.

When you take into account that Dalot is on a dry loan, while Kalulu is already a Milan player in need of playing time, it makes even less sense to start Dalot.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Looking forward to see hakan, rebic and ibrahimovic all starting at the same time.

Then I remember that the headless chicken Saelesmaker will be playing alongside them

giphy.gif

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I hope we come out strong in this game with a strong lineup and get an early lead. I would really like to see us not let Spezia in the game and not give them many looks in. If we can do that and have a similar game as against Crotone I'd like to see some youngsters get some minutes like Maldini, etc. and rest some of our big names late game to prevent unnecessary cards or injuries before the crucial Inter game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope we come out strong in this game with a strong lineup and get an early lead. I would really like to see us not let Spezia in the game and not give them many looks in. If we can do that and have a similar game as against Crotone I'd like to see some youngsters get some minutes like Maldini, etc. and rest some of our big names late game to prevent unnecessary cards or injuries before the crucial Inter game.

Maldini played in the primavera couple of days ago and looked invisible. He should be no where near the first time when we have a full squad.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Only an idiot will start Dalot over anyone in our team let alone Kalulu.
Am not gonna discuss ceilings & ownerships , Kalulu is twice the player Dalot is today.

Donna
Kalu-Tomo-Roma-Theo
Kessie-Meite
Sale-Hakan-Rebic
Ibra

Leao would be a sub for anyone who is underperforming which probably will be Sale.
Its time to try Leao as a RW , i mean if he can pull a Treq then why not a RW.

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bennacer is game fit for 3 weeks now right? Regarding his muscle injury. I would start him.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
imo bennacer has to play atleast 1 half vs spezia and 1 half vs red star so he gets match fit a bit before the derby..he's fully rested, im even okay him playing 1 half vs spezia and the whole red star game

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree. 45 minutes this game and 60 vs Red Star would be good. And i would play Hakan for at least an hour vs Spezia and max 45 vs Red Star.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Its time to try Leao as a RW , i mean if he can pull a Treq then why not a RW.

I really hope that this second half of the season Pioli finds his proper role. He has so much potential, and i fear this shuffling him around all the time won't help with achieving that.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hope that this second half of the season Pioli finds his proper role. He has so much potential, and i fear this shuffling him around all the time won't help with achieving that.
99% of the time you would be right but Leao give me the vibes he is a guy who will benefit from playing in multiple position sharpening his skills.
His personality is strong & he seems immune.
It amaze me how he doesnt even blink when Ibra is shouting @ him :lol:
He will always need to compete on the LW with Rebic , AM/Treq with Hakan , ST with Ibra & now Mandz.
So a try on RW would be ideal.
Just a couple of games as RW & if he can pull it off then he will play each & every game.
Our right side would still be balanced with Cala behind him.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
#Sky Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Dalot, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Bennacer, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Calhanoglu, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

Schedule