The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Otavio looks like a good deal from afar.

Overall I see our EL game as positive, it wasn’t great but there where strong favorits dropping out so could be easily worse. A win against Roma would be gold now.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
NicoSchira
#ACMilan are in advanced talks to sign #Porto's midfielder Otavio as a free agent on next summer. Talks ongoing with his agent Evandro Schmidt for a contract until 2025 (?3M/year).

Not a fan of this signing. I'd prefer to offset the costs by renewing Brahim for another year. Proven to be well capable in several roles across the attack (LM/AM/RM) and seems to have settled in after nearly a year here.

If we're signing freebies, I want automatics. I'm not sitting with the feeling that Otavio could be our starting RM or AM especially on big wages. Thauvin, however, slots into the team perfectly. Albeit he should be a little more expensive given his stats over the last years.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Apparently we made an offer for SMS and lazio confirmed it

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
c37568f558b79327e9b15c695d6d7ab5.jpg
dfda68fb43659545f28c1f68a1064a6e.jpg

Imagine saying they are a "a die hard Milanisti" but then tell a forum full of Milan fans they won't watch matches and to enjoy the team losing. That's next level pathetic.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zapata was the king of brainfarts while defending. Love the guy.
Zapata always played two good games only to make a huge brain fart that cost you the match in the third game. You could even set your clock by that.

However in his last season, when his departure was finally set in stone, he suddenly discovered consistency

What's he doing nowadays anyway?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Zapata always played two good games only to make a huge brain fart that cost you the match in the third game. You could even set your clock by that.

However in his last season, when his departure was finally set in stone, he suddenly discovered consistency

What's he doing nowadays anyway?

Reminds me a bit of Abate, was sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit. Then in his last season he had to play as CB and somehow was our best CB for a period.

And, Zapata is still at Genoa for this season. Been out injured since near the start of it though and not surprised if he retires in May.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Random thoughts of the day about our latest struggles and Romagnoli.

While Romag surely is going through a very bad period, it's also true that our opponents manage to shoot at our goal way more easily and frequently than a couple of weeks ago. That's a team failure, not the failure of one single defender.

We used to press high and nevertheless rarely concede goalscoring opportunitie, let alone goals, for almost an entire year with Kjaer and Romagnoli as starting CBs (who are supposed to be the recipe for disaster, no?) in Piolis system. What changed? Why did it work before? Why doesn't it work now?

I don't buy that teams figured us out. They did before and we always found countermeasures. It must be more than that.

Just look at the body language of our players now and compare it to november/december. They don't seem focused. They seem scared. Nervous... Worried? Yeah, worried. That's the best description IMO. It's not even fitness that seems to be off but more a psychological thing that seems to be worry if you ask me.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of Abate, was sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit. Then in his last season he had to play as CB and somehow was our best CB for a period.

And, Zapata is still at Genoa for this season. Been out injured since near the start of it though and not surprised if he retires in May.
Ah, right

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spezia losing to Parma as well. That loss looks even more embarrassing each passing week lol.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Guys what do you think about trying a diamond midfield and 2 up top as an alternate formation to the current one

----------------Kessie

Bennacer-----------------Tonali

---------------Hakan

---------- Ibra Leao

Optimum for Leao and Tonali who are are our big bucks investments. Keeps Hakan central and gives license to Theo mostly and a bit less to Calabria to provide width with Leao roaming.

Gives Diaz a chance at his best position (SS) to determine if we can buy him. Would be more secure defensively when we need defensive solidity. Eliminates Saele and Samu from the starting line up. Gives a chance to Tonali and Leao to show their real ceiling. Kessie has less ground to cover to secure defense and Ibra has a mobile partner he can flick/release into space

Before anybody shouts "outdated formation", even Man Utd played a variation of this recently. We can unleash Theo with this formation and have enough covering midfielders. Only downside is Meite and Krunic are the only subs left for the middle unless you use Diaz deeper (not ideal) or turn Saele into a proper CM.

We can still use 4-2-3-1 depending on the opposition
No formation is outdated in a time where team instructions became more important.
Team press , build up , possesoon , counters .... are much more crucial than how the players are fielded.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
team is going to take time.

for the millionth time, our objective is top 4. Some losses along the way is expected. Cannot expect to be bailed out by individual effort throughout the season.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Zlatan is right though.

Zlatan is full of shit here. LeBron can talk all he wants about things that impact him and his community.

Zlatan was doing the same a couple of years ago. :lol:

Several years ago, Ibrahimovic said he was subject to "undercover racism" in his native Sweden because his Bosnian roots gave him a surname that doesn't sound traditionally Swedish.

"I am not Andersson or Svensson," Ibrahimovic told Canal+ in 2018, referring to what he considered racist treatment from the media. "If I would be that, trust me, they would defend me even if I would rob a bank. They would defend me, I tell you."

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zlatan is full of shit here. LeBron can talk all he wants about things that impact him and his community.

Zlatan was doing the same a couple of years ago. :lol:

Yea I like Zlatan but maybe focus on being a better leader when the team is down.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
we're tired and Pioli doesn't have any plan b

We are not tired, we LOOK tired, that's a big difference...
Why is everyone bringing up the "we're tired"-excuse all of the time? It's irritating and doesn't make any sense. If there is any team that shouldn't be tired, it is us. In the last two-three months, 80% of our main squad has been out for several weeks due to covid, injuries or benchwarming. Hakan, Rebic, Kjaer, Ibra, Tonali, Sale, Samu and so on... The only players who are allowed to say they're tired are Kessie and Calabria. What about Inter, Atalanta or Juve who played CL games and almost always play their serie a games at full strength. Also, if you can't play a game for 90 minutes once a week without getting tired, at this age, the peak of youth, there is something really wrong. Go do some order picking in a wharehouse 8 to 10 hours a day, 5 days in a week, now those people have the right to be tired.
Not to mention these football players all make a few millions a year to lift their ass once a week, so tiredness rarely can be an excuse whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule