Thiago Silva Thread

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
Looks like this might be the replacement we need for Paolo after he retires. He said so himself the other day. But still it pains me to think that next season we wont have a Maldini in our ranks. :cry:

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Thiago Silva Promises To Be New Maldini

The title says it all. Of course it'll be impossible for anyone to be a new Maldini, but if the article is at all close to the truth, he's got enthusiasm. Probably the comments are distorted for a more sensational touch, but for some reason I have faith in him. Hopefully he'll be played in our next friendly from the start, so he can really show if there's any truth to the discussion around him. Because that'll be just what this team needs after Paolo; skill and heart. Which some seem to have lost to some extent.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
Thiago Silva Promises To Be New Maldini

The title says it all. Of course it'll be impossible for anyone to be a new Maldini, but if the article is at all close to the truth, he's got enthusiasm. Probably the comments are distorted for a more sensational touch, but for some reason I have faith in him. Hopefully he'll be played in our next friendly from the start, so he can really show if there's any truth to the discussion around him. Because that'll be just what this team needs after Paolo; skill and heart. Which some seem to have lost to some extent.

hmmm....its kind of a lot to say that you will match Maldini's performance
i dont think its possible. I believe that Paolo was the best player ever to go on the pitch, so I dont think this guy has what it takes to match our captain.

karish

Kaka
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9,kaka,Pato,Sheva,R80,Seedorf
hmmm....its kind of a lot to say that you will match Maldini's performance
i dont think its possible. I believe that Paolo was the best player ever to go on the pitch, so I dont think this guy has what it takes to match our captain.

You never know :proud:

ριρρσ мισ

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zola, Chiesa, Inzaghi, Buffon, Kaka, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Paloschi, Serginho, Borriello
He looks like a young version of Dida. The adrenaline was probably pumping when Thiago Silva claimed he could replace Maldini. No easy feat but we signed possibily the best younger defender on the market. Time will tell.

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shearer, Maldini, Zidane, Figo, Martins, Dinho
Ive bought him for the past two seasons on football manager, he's always a quality buy, though I won't be able to when the next one comes out since Milan will have him (im always newcastle), I know its a game but usually they are accurate when it comes to very good players

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
So his jersey # will be 33, hmmm...

*cue x-files music*

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
0,,16909241-EX,00.jpg

0,,16869648-EX,00.jpg

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
I have a good feeling about this guy. Despite being a 'Brasilian defender' (a combination that doesn't exactly inspire the utmost in confidence) I think he can do well in Serie A. Whilst in Rio last year I was hearing alot about the guy, even saw him one time at the Fla-Flu derby (Flamengo vs Fluminense). Looking forward to seeing him join Zambrotta, Nesta and Jankulovski (who IMO is a bloody good wingback) forming the defense in the 09/10 campaign.

M

MassterMark

i am not convinced about ivanovič, not by hutardo, but impresed by silva^^:tongue:

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a brazillian and totally fanatic, crazy for Fluminense.

Thiago Silva is a fantastic player. He is the best!! If he plays in Milan what he played in Brasil he wiil be considerate the best defender in the world, I have no doubt about it. He is the best brazillian defender, better that Lúcio and Juan.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Hello. I'm a brazillian and totally fanatic, crazy for Fluminense.

Thiago Silva is a fantastic player. He is the best!! If he plays in Milan what he played in Brasil he wiil be considerate the best defender in the world, I have no doubt about it. He is the best brazillian defender, better that Lúcio and Juan.

I knew we got a gem! :star:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
was he playing vs Hannover?
and if yes,was he any good?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
was he playing vs Hannover?
and if yes,was he any good?

yes... he looked al ittle rusty (natural) but the quality was evident... closing speed, heading, technique and positioning......

i wish we could loan him

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
The speed and heading ability are what caught my eye. Anticipated play reasonable well too.

I guess I may be wrong about Brazilian defenders after all.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
the best brazilian defender,curently is Beletti.