Tennis

Should women be paid the same sum as men in Grand Slams?

• Total voters

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Lets not over hype him just yet. He is good but he has to play in such a manner on a consistent basis. I hope he isnt a one hit wonder like mark phillipouses.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think serena is without a doubt the GOAT in women's tennis. Nadal would be thhe GOAT in men's tennis if he equals fedex's record.

Don't you try and butter me up to agree on Nadal. :D

Serena is the GOAT.

Put her in any generation and she'd stomp.

For me, it's clear top 4 of Serena, Graf, Navratilova and Evert. Evert was in a bygone era where games looked like amateur club matches - but those were the times. Navratilova was dominant as all holy hell, but again, too old. Graf was dominant as hell too, but one has to remember her biggest rival, Seles, who was destroying her at the time, got stabbed in the back and never truly recovered. If Venus or Henin or something had been stabbed, god knows Serena would have many more slams and titles.

Of course, there's the whole if they were born later they'd have trained with better methods and whatever, but I still think she'd stomp. She's the perfect tennis specimen. Big game player, stronger than almost all, faster than almost all and has the tricks in the books to win tight matches.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Don't you try and butter me up to agree on Nadal. :D

Serena is the GOAT.

Put her in any generation and she'd stomp.

For me, it's clear top 4 of Serena, Graf, Navratilova and Evert. Evert was in a bygone era where games looked like amateur club matches - but those were the times. Navratilova was dominant as all holy hell, but again, too old. Graf was dominant as hell too, but one has to remember her biggest rival, Seles, who was destroying her at the time, got stabbed in the back and never truly recovered. If Venus or Henin or something had been stabbed, god knows Serena would have many more slams and titles.

Of course, there's the whole if they were born later they'd have trained with better methods and whatever, but I still think she'd stomp. She's the perfect tennis specimen. Big game player, stronger than almost all, faster than almost all and has the tricks in the books to win tight matches.

Haha. I dont need to butter u up, thats why i said IF nadal equals fedex's record, he would be the GOAT cause the h2h record favours nadal immensely. Lol

Honestly though, i am really hoping to see muzza win a few more slams but he is very inconsistent. Someone needs to rile him up before the game, otherwise he would never step his game up in big matches.

i do agree with you regarding serena lol. She thrived when the competition was much harder and i have never seen any woman have such a dominant h2h record over all her top rivals. She is the NADAL of women's tennis :o.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Indeed about Serena.

Yeah, I like Murray.

Meh. Still would think Fed is the GOAT.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fair enough regarding fedex. I think they are both great. I am a nadal fan but i do respect federer and i agree the h2h record which skews massively in nadal's favour isnt necessarily the best indicator about who amongst the two is the undisputed GOAT due to the age difference. It depends on the individual's preference. However, i will say this for sure, nadal was the only player who was able to stop a prime fedex at wimbledon which is obviously fedex's favourite surface and he did so when he was barely 21. Nadal always had to compete with arguably the GOAT in his pre prime era to win majors and he was quite successful at getting the better of fedex judging by their h2h record in grand slam competitions. If u discount the french open wins, nadal still has a superior h2h against fedex in hard courts which was a surface that was dominated by fedex until nadal bested him. Its 4-0 in nadal's favour on hard surfaces, however his last win in the aus open was against a post prime fed.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nadal is the bane of fedex's demise in his almost flawless career. He is fedex's kryptonite.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Im just pleased murray is out!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Nice to see Goran on Cilic's side. Last week our own Jankulovski was in Stepanek's box, supporting him v Nole.

Lets not over hype him just yet. He is good but he has to play in such a manner on a consistent basis. I hope he isnt a one hit wonder like mark phillipouses.

Injuries bogged him down, no? else fine player..
they even kinda hyped Tomic for a while.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wawzaaaaa, wawrinka to win it all. vamos.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If Djokovic and Federer lose, I predict Dimitrov to win it all.

Unfortunate, I don't like Dimitrov.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nope, i think wawrinka will obliterate anyone in sight if he beats fedex.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fuck u dimitrov for beating muzza.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its 1-1... Federer is still in it.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fuck this. fedex is too good.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tennis is a young man's game.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
YES!!!! Come on Roger!

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fed could win wimbledon but we will have to wait and see. Even if he did win Wimbledon, i still think nadal will eventually equal his GS record.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wots that called when u win all four GS in the same year? Also, any1 ever done that?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
A Grand Slam.

Oddly, a single one and 4 in a calendar year are called the same thing often enough

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
fed could win wimbledon but we will have to wait and see. Even if he did win Wimbledon, i still think nadal will eventually equal his GS record.

It's not just about extending his Grand Slam tally, wouldn't he be the first male player to win 8 Wimbledon titles, the biggest Grand Slam of the lot.

Hoping Kyrgios and Raonic play out a draining 5 set marathon.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
only rod laver has managed to achieve that.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's not just about extending his Grand Slam tally, wouldn't he be the first male player to win 8 Wimbledon titles, the biggest Grand Slam of the lot.

Hoping Kyrgios and Raonic play out a draining 5 set marathon.

nadal will complete la decima next year when he trumps all top players to win yet another french open.

Schedule