The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 19-09-2019, 16:59   #81
Pingu
Theonomenal

W

Signature
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 19:26   #82
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Idiot will start rr and biglia again

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 20:07   #83
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post

it wouldn't be sensible to start Theo, who hasn't played this season, in the derby
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 20:10   #84
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
i'm ok with starting RR and bringing Theo on maybe, but I really think Bennacer should start from minute 1. I also think this is exactly the type of game to get some inspiration from some of the newbies like Leao when they can really feel the fire of the derby.

all this said, GP will just run same old bullshit and start samu up to with suso and we will get only 1 sub the whole game...

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 22:38   #85
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio

Fav. Players: Peyton fucking Manning, Tom Hanks, Kendrick Lamar, Alvin Kamara

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
it wouldn't be sensible to start theo, who hasn't played this season, in the derby
+1

Signature
SixOneFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 23:32   #86
Raghav
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

I have a feeling line up will be

Donna ;
Borini , Musa , Cap , RR ;
Kessi , Biglia , Hakan
Zusu , Piatek , Noodle

FOL
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 06:50   #87
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

That lineup would lead the the commode imploding like never before. Too much to handle.

I think well know better after todays press conference.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 07:49   #88
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kak, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 07:58   #89
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Solid. I hope Bennacer for Biglia is the only potential change in that. I wouldnt terribly mind Biglia either.

Signature
Old 20-09-2019, 07:59   #90
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kak, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I wouldnt terribly mind Biglia either.
What does he offer that Bennacer doesn't? Except number of years.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 08:07   #91
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
What does he offer that Bennacer doesn't? Except number of years.

Id rather Bennacer play this particular match because I want the regista to be more mobile here. But undervaluing experience is not a smart thing to do. If the manager prefers that, then Im fine with that.

Signature
Old 20-09-2019, 08:42   #92
fray
Casciavit

Right choices are Biglia starting and Paqueta benched.

We need Lucas' experience in this match.

Wrong choices are the 433 formation and Rebic starting on the wing.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 08:45   #93
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Fav. Players: AC Milan

Quote:
Id rather Bennacer play this particular match because I want the regista to be more mobile here. But undervaluing experience is not a smart thing to do. If the manager prefers that, then Im fine with that.
Don't see how being well-versed in mediocrity can be considered a boon but okay.
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 09:01   #94
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Right choices are Biglia starting and Paqueta benched.

We need Lucas' experience in this match.

Wrong choices are the 433 formation and Rebic starting on the wing.
Seriously man, 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 is meaningless. The point is spacing between players and what they do with the ball. Rebic and Suso will not start as wide as the wing forwards did with Gattuso. Giampaolo will always play with compact spacing between players.

Signature
Old 20-09-2019, 09:11   #95
fray
Casciavit

^ Okay, I'll blame Gazzetta's graphic then.

Anyway, the match up between Sensi and Kessie will be interesting. Kessie has always got the better of him in every match we've played Sassuolo. His physique alone, with his marking should be able to isolate him.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 09:33   #96
joyrider
Il Moderati

The battle will be of our full backs against their wingers.

I’d be happy with Rebic starting.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 09:42   #97
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
^ Okay, I'll blame Gazzetta's graphic then.

Anyway, the match up between Sensi and Kessie will be interesting. Kessie has always got the better of him in every match we've played Sassuolo. His physique alone, with his marking should be able to isolate him.
If Kessie comes inward to mark Sensi, we'll risk Conti getting exposed a lot on that side. I'd rather Musacchio come forward to take out Sensi whenever he gets the ball. Man-marking Sensi is difficult anyway. He floats a lot between positions.

We need to be strong in the middle of the park, throttle Brozovic and Barella and prevent Sensi and Politano from getting the ball. Piatek really needs to play the best all-round game he has played yet. He should press them from behind, while Hakan and Kessie cramp them from the other side.

Signature
Old 20-09-2019, 09:49   #98
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Seriously man, 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 is meaningless. The point is spacing between players and what they do with the ball. Rebic and Suso will not start as wide as the wing forwards did with Gattuso. Giampaolo will always play with compact spacing between players.
Giampaolo tried to take Suso out of his comfort zone, but he ran back into it and has stayed there since the 2nd half of the Udinese game.
It's no different to the RW role under Rino.

Giampaolo wants a fluid attack with lots of interchanges and rather similar tasks for all attackers.
That has not been happening at all in any of the games so far. If anything it's getting further and further away from that by each game.

Agree about the meaningless discussion about 433/4321/4312 when it involves the same players and a lot of interchanges are supposed to take place. In reality it's a 4-3-let's see what happens as Allegri described his "4-3-1-2", which also didn't have a classic trequartista role.

Both Rebic and Suso will probably have a wide starting point in the derby regardless of what Giampaolo has told them.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 10:03   #99
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Giampaolo tried to take Suso out of his comfort zone, but he ran back into it and has stayed there since the 2nd half of the Udinese game.
It's no different to the RW role under Rino.

Giampaolo wants a fluid attack with lots of interchanges and rather similar tasks for all attackers.
That has not been happening at all in any of the games so far. If anything it's getting further and further away from that by each game.

Agree about the meaningless discussion about 433/4321/4312 when it involves the same players and a lot of interchanges are supposed to take place. In reality it's a 4-3-let's see what happens as Allegri described his "4-3-1-2", which also didn't have a classic trequartista role.

Both Rebic and Suso will probably have a wide starting point in the derby regardless of what Giampaolo has told them.
It happened exactly as you mentioned in the Udinese game, and it was a disaster.

I missed the Brescia game, so I'm not going to comment on that.

In the Verona game, we played against 10 men and the players did have to go wide to spread the field and spread Verona thin. Giampaolo asked them to do that and they did so.

From what I know of Giampaolo, he's quite insistent on the players following his directions. So let's see how it goes in the games to come. He will not accept players playing too wide, that ruins the entire point of his football.

Signature
Old 20-09-2019, 10:16   #100
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

If Biglia starts then he needs to get more involved and dictate tempo better than he did against Verona. Suso will undoubtedly sit pretty wide, but that might not be a disaster if it unbalances Inter's defence a bit and Piatek and Rebic can make good runs.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote