Week 11: Milan vs Lazio 03/11/19 20:45 CET

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I actually kinda liked the performance, compared to our last game it wasn't bad to watch. We just lack defensive stability and that's the most important thing in football.

Tbh we are still looking harmless. Piatek looking frail as fuck, i thought he was a female footballer. Without his killer instinct, he is basically matri level

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Every time we play a tiny bit better, but still shite... half the forum is like: wow such improvement, much wow.

We played like shit, yet again. But hey, at least we are breaking records...negative as they are.

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score
The 1st conceded goal was mostly on Krunic, Theo & Duarte(and Pioli).
1st was mostly on krunic. i was just about to praise him for his efforts, we looked much better with him than kessie..than we lose the ball and he instead of covering back just goes on tilt koz of the lost ball. he cannot do that against lazio in his position.
samu looked real good yesterday, sorry for him. hope he recovers soon. hes contribution in the pressing phase of the game and work rate is day and night compared to suso.
bennacer was promising. still in the making though. bit of a liability in defense.
hakan was good except for his fks, i have to admit, even though i cant stand him. since calciopioli he and theo are prolly our best players.
such a disappointing result for us though :(

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every time we play a tiny bit better, but still shite... half the forum is like: wow such improvement, much wow.

We played like shit, yet again. But hey, at least we are breaking records...negative as they are.
We started really good first half(for milan standards) but as the game went on we crumbled as seen in almost all games this season.

chechen_milan

Perettisimus Vulgaris
Reaction score
I never thought that Rebic would be such a bad player.

I thought he was really good with the Croatian NT. Strange...

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
second goal is on Romagnoli and Bennacer. These two were stargazing while Alberto was absolutely alone. Then it was Duarte alone against Correa and Alberto because Romagnoli and Beannacer were too slow. Can't blame him for keeping Correa onside. Alberto and Correa had all the time in the world to do everything right

Yes, Romagnoli was just relaxing like a training session as the play developed and only understood the danger when the players were then out of reach. if we were up a few goals you could overlook it but it was shameful given time in the game, period that we are going through etc.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We started really good first half(for milan standards) but as the game went on we crumbled as seen in almost all games this season.

There was an improvement from Spal, obviously. But, knowing Milan.. this is not improvement, this was just one of those decent games...We all know there will be another top 3 fodder team in league where we will lose points.

This team never improves, they just have decent or bad games. So.. we can't look at this performance as improvement, more like luck :D

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
There was an improvement from Spal, obviously. But, knowing Milan.. this is not improvement, this was just one of those decent games...We all know there will be another top 3 fodder team in league where we will lose points.

This team never improves, they just have decent or bad games. So.. we can't look at this performance as improvement, more like luck :D

Exactly, improvement is finishing in the top 4 at the end of the year. Nothing I've seen shows we are closer to that.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
second goal is on Romagnoli and Bennacer. These two were stargazing while Alberto was absolutely alone. Then it was Duarte alone against Correa and Alberto because Romagnoli and Beannacer were too slow. Can't blame him for keeping Correa onside. Alberto and Correa had all the time in the world to do everything right

It all started off with Theo & Krunic taking huge risks which didn't pay off.

Romagnoli and Bennacer could've definitely done better when Duarte messed up the header. Both of them seemed to wrongly assume the other one was marking Correa.
I think Romagnoli was trying to provide a passing option for Duarte, who was obviously going to win that aerial duel.

But if Duarte had the awareness to keep Correa offside then Alberto wouldn't release the ball as quickly. Correa would need to slow down or even backtrack, which would allow Romagnoli to catch up with him. Alberto would've probably decided to pass it to Parolo instead, however Parolo wouldn't be as free as the onside Correa. There would be Calabria and possibly also Duarte in front of him.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1st was mostly on krunic. i was just about to praise him for his efforts, we looked much better with him than kessie..than we lose the ball and he instead of covering back just goes on tilt koz of the lost ball. he cannot do that against lazio in his position.

Krunic wasn't even on his side of the pitch.
It was a counter-attack, Paqueta didn't bother joining so Krunic took his spot, whereas Theo was very fast to take Hakan's space while Hakan stayed behind to pick the pass to Krunic who messed up the pass to Theo / shot Piatek and then seemingly lost motivation. That's when Hakan decides to push up and intercept a pass, but the attempt fails, and 3 Lazio players end up free on our left flank. Lazzari gets all the time he needs to hit a perfect cross to Immobile who makes a mockery of Duarte.

It just shows how ridiculously unbalanced and undisciplined the team was in this game.
Pioli has hopefully learned how insane it is to put Theo and Krunic on the same flank.
Krunic is not the type who'll cover for Theo during his part-time gig as wing-forward, and Theo is not the type who'll sit back and cover for Krunic during his part-time gig as attacker.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
You know you are F****D when you are losing and your hopes are with Bonaventura coming off the bench late on.

Schedule