Week 14: Parma - Milan 1/12/19 15:00 CET

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Parma-Milan-visore.101908_big.jpg

I see this as the game where the phrase 'results will come' will at last come into effect.

Obviously, as always, Parma at the Tardini is a tough and fiery encounter, but now that we're out of our tough-fixture-predicament, this should be the match where we finally take home the three points.

Forza Milan!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Donnarumma

Conti
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Theo

Krunic
Bennacer
Calhanoglu

Suso
Leao
Bonaventura

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Kucka will their our midfield apart. We need to buy him

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Donnarumma

Conti
Musacchio
Romagnoli
Theo

Krunic
Bennacer
Calhanoglu

Suso
Leao
Bonaventura

replace Hakan with Paqueta and I like it

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lets remember they are one of the reason we didnt get CL with that stupid free kick.
3 points..we might turn something around from here. If not ...its gonna be hard

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
replace Hakan with Paqueta and I like it

Paqueta has been too incosistent since Pioli's arrival. Lacklustre performance last game against Napoli.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paqueta has been too incosistent since Pioli's arrival. Lacklustre performance last game against Napoli.

If what he has shown under Pioli is inconsistent, then what he showed before Pioli was consistently shit.

He is showing improvements and Pioli seems to have found a suitable role for him.
Now is not the time to bench him just to use Hakan out of position.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
If what he has shown under Pioli is inconsistent, then what he showed before Pioli was consistently shit.

He is showing improvements and Pioli seems to have found a suitable role for him.
Now is not the time to bench him just to use Hakan out of position.

Well, by showing some improvements, do you mean baby steps? I really fail to see what Paqueta brings to the table, I really do.

When he signed, I used to think that he was a goal threat and he'd prove to be effective in the final third, but he can't strike the ball properly, nor is he fast enough to drive the ball forward without killing all momentum. Sometimes, when he has the ball, I see him displaying some superfluous heel flicks, nutmegs, sombrero's and all that jazz. At some point... you'll have to ask yourself - what's the point? What sort of contribution is he giving to the team by showcasing Brazilian street football in Italy's top-flight? If it was Ronaldinho, OK... I'd understand, but then we're talking in another dimension because Ronaldinho was Ronaldinho and he'd do it effectively with a bursting speed.

In all fairness, Paqueta's repertoire of showboating skills would make him an excellent futsal player, but at the end of the day, a quite average footballer. In the club's current predicament, we need less of that, and more Krunic's.

For the record, I'm not a killjoy.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We absolutely have to win this game. I'm at a loss for words these days and the only development needed is wins. Four in a row.

Top four is out of our reach unfortunately.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, by showing some improvements, do you mean baby steps? I really fail to see what Paqueta brings to the table, I really do.

When he signed, I used to think that he was a goal threat and he'd prove to be effective in the final third, but he can't strike the ball properly, nor is he fast enough to drive the ball forward without killing all momentum. Sometimes, when he has the ball, I see him displaying some superfluous heel flicks, nutmegs, sombrero's and all that jazz. At some point... you'll have to ask yourself - what's the point? What sort of contribution is he giving to the team by showcasing Brazilian street football in Italy's top-flight? If it was Ronaldinho, OK... I'd understand, but then we're talking in another dimension because Ronaldinho was Ronaldinho and he'd do it effectively with a bursting speed.

In all fairness, Paqueta's repertoire of showboating skills would make him an excellent futsal player, but at the end of the day, a quite average footballer. In the club's current predicament, we need less of that, and more Krunic's.

Paqueta ATM is a player that combines a 7,5 performance with a 4,5 performance in one single game. There are moments of shier brilliance where you can see that he has the first touch, the ball control, the composure and the vision only few players have (for example against Napoli the other day with his passes to Kessie or Conti). But he too has the tendency to be way too much in love with the ball, holding it too long and attempting dribblings where it is pure madness. Moreover he is too waistfull in front of the goal IMO.

That's the issue with him I guess. He's too inconsistent within the 90 minutes. But you can clearly see the huge potential during those moments he gets his shit together.

From our entire squad, I think he and Gigio are the ones with the biggest probability to become worldclass players worthy of playing in a CL winning squad. But potential alone won't bring Paqueta there. He's still a long road ahead of him.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Paqueta ATM is a player that combines a 7,5 performance with a 4,5 performance in one single game. There are moments of shier brilliance where you can see that he has the first touch, the ball control, the composure and the vision only few players have (for example against Napoli the other day with his passes to Kessie or Conti). But he too has the tendency to be way too much in love with the ball, holding it too long and attempting dribblings where it is pure madness. Moreover he is too waistfull in front of the goal IMO.

That's the issue with him I guess. He's too inconsistent within the 90 minutes. But you can clearly see the huge potential during those moments he gets his shit together.

From our entire squad, I think he and Gigio are the ones with the biggest probability to become worldclass players worthy of playing in a CL winning squad. But potential alone won't bring Paqueta there. He's still a long road ahead of him.

I think Paqueta really lacks the strength and athleticism to be a well rounded midfielder and he also lacks the acceleration and dribbling ability to be a wide attacker.

He does certainly hold the ball way too much and annoys the daylights out of me when he does it even when he has a simple pass to play. His long range passing is non existant and the power on his shots aren't great. Besides a flashy pass here and there and some good pressing and space appreciation I'm not sure he's a net positive for us as a starter.

In terms of potential, I see Donnarumma, Bennacer, Leao, Theo and Romagnoli as the ones with world class potential and in that order too.

Paqueta I really don't think has anywhere near world class potential but hopefully I'm wrong. If someone offered a fee of what we paid for him and we don't make a capital loss I'd bite their hand off and run straight to the bank tbh.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Paqueta should play upfront. Nothing to do as a midfield player. New Milan use players to fill missing holes.
Players should be positioned where they produce their best football.
Leao should play alongside Piatek. Maraventura or Hakaninho will not score everyday. And please don't tell me suso will be the phoenix for top 4 achievment.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Hoping to see a Samu - Piatek - Jack front three and hook Piatek off at HT if he’s being shit as usual. I have a feeling he’s gonna get a brace in this one though and hopefully start scoring regularly again .

Bennacer and 2 of krunic /Paqueta / Hakan in mf

Same defence.

Lets get a winning run going now since #JackIsBack :)

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You're not the only one disappointed in Paqueta.
I've criticized him throughout his time here, even when RnB were treating him as the next Brazilian phenomenon.
Rino fielded him in a deeper role than he could handle.
He looked even more out of depth at trequartista.

This "right attacking midfielder" role under Pioli seems to have the perfect balance between attacker and midfielder for him.
His performances are not good yet, he needs to improve in all aspects, but if he makes it here then it would be in this role or something similar.
What's promising about his last performances is that he's playing slightly quicker, lasting longer and he's getting into the right positions, although he really needs to learn to take his chances.
I think that's within his capacity.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
77129199_10217074502628831_2492218643962658816_n.jpg

Wow....what an uninspiring (forward) line :rolleyes:

Other than Theo, there's nobody who can push the ball and run.

I really hope Pioli knows what he's doing....that front three is all the reason the pro-Ibra camp needs to advocate for his immediate return

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope to get tickets for the match.
Fucking assholes are telling me it’s not available.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Parma has a lot of injuries. We should be able to get a win here.

Probable lineup vs. Parma (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessié, Bennacer, Calahanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura [Sky]

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessié, Bennacer, Calahanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura [Sky]

That's just sad. Good luck with the tickets!

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Thats the spirit joy!

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
At the moment I’m trying to find a ticket in this street.
https://i.imgur.com/HHWfVVI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium[/IM][/QUOTE]

good luck!

looking at upcoming fixtures... we could move up the table quickly with a few victories!

let's get 3 punti

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Hope you got a ticket Joyrider. You need to go to the match and tell Pioli not to play Biglia thank you :heart:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Official Lineup:

EKs9qEuWkAAU-We

I really hope Piatek steps up today. Needs a goal, is not the same player as last season. Else pray Leao comes on HT and not just last 10 minutes.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Nothing but a win here

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Official Lineup:

EKs9qEuWkAAU-We

I really hope Piatek steps up today. Needs a goal, is not the same player as last season. Else pray Leao comes on HT and not just last 10 minutes.

milannews says bona in mid and hakan lw. Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma G; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer, Bonaventura; Suso, Piatek, Calhanoglu.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Piatek, Hakan and Kessie :fp:

Schedule