The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 28-08-2018, 11:42   #41
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, Dinho, R9, TS33, Romagnoli

Anybody manage to watch any of the training sessions in the last few days to see if Montolivo is fit and training with the rest?

Was the injury thing legit or just a cover up?
truant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 11:55   #42
marioacm93
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Pippo, Maldini, Nesta, Serginho, Seedorf, Boban, Ronaldinho, Dida ...

Hope to see Reina on goal from now on

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
No, that is pure BS. Leverkusen paid 15mEuro for him last summer and he is a total success there and u think, they would sell him for 20mEuro now?
There is no way to get him for such a laughable price.
marioacm93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 12:47   #43
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Probable lineup according to GDS

Signature
When I go to bed each night, I thank the Matrix for bringing me Paul Singer, Paolo Scaroni, Paolo Maldini, and Daddy Leonardo.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 12:59   #44
brk
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post

What's wrong with Florenzi? Seemed fine yesterday.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 13:27   #45
forward
AC Milan Icon

Last season we beat them with this.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 13:31   #46
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Their front 3 seems good, rest is average. Dont rate de rossi and cristante is no better than kessie

Thanks to atalanta , it doesnt seem like a MUST WIN game to keep up with roma as we have a spare game vs genoa at home. At 6 pts roma and 0 milan it would seem like a win is needed, but since roma have only 4 and looking unconvincing (got lucky to get points from both their games) a draw and a good performance wont be the end of the world for milan

Having said that, I think we have a good chance of winning. We actually played well vs napoli at times, and I was impressed with some of our passing from the back (we overdid it though).

Should be a good game, I am optomistic we can get at least a draw. A win and that would be a very very good start to the season
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 13:41   #47
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, Dinho, R9, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post

So Monto's still frozen out. Mixed feelings about that - I think Biglia is better, but with no cover for Lucas it might be a good idea to re-integrate Montolivo into the squad at least until January. Maybe there is something to the whispers that Rino thinks Monto is lazy and has a bad attitude.

Would prefer Caldara to Musacchio and Reina to Donna but Gattuso did say he was deliberately starting people who did the whole pre-season with him or something to that effect.
Old 28-08-2018, 13:55   #48
sheva
National Team Player

Cristante screamer 89'
sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 13:57   #49
truant
sexy football fetishist

^actually I am worried about Cristante and his long range shots and he'll have extra motivation to prove a point.

Still I think we will outscore them - it is a home game after all and we are better.
Old 28-08-2018, 13:59   #50
brk
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
So Monto's still frozen out. Mixed feelings about that - I think Biglia is better, but with no cover for Lucas it might be a good idea to re-integrate Montolivo into the squad at least until January. Maybe there is something to the whispers that Rino thinks Monto is lazy and has a bad attitude.

Would prefer Caldara to Musacchio and Reina to Donna but Gattuso did say he was deliberately starting people who did the whole pre-season with him or something to that effect.
Of all the managers besides Gattuso I trust in Seedorf to be the most honest and real with the players. He also froze out Montolivo.

There's just something wrong with that guy.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 14:04   #51
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Of all the managers besides Gattuso I trust in Seedorf to be the most honest and real with the players. He also froze out Montolivo.

There's just something wrong with that guy.
Yeah must be something really serious if Rino is deliberately leaving out the only true replacement for Biglia, especially when considering Biglia's injury record and the fact that he did not have a proper rest during the summer due to the World Cup.

I guess we just have to pray Biglia's form improves and he stays healthy and fit until the winter.
Old 28-08-2018, 14:21   #52
Tantalis
Heyoka

Monto brings the mentality that Milan is trying to fix. Playing him would be 2 passes backwards and one straight to Roma. It's no surprise at all he's left out.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungfreddy View Post
ur my first so congratz
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 14:40   #53
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
What's wrong with Florenzi? Seemed fine yesterday.

Damaged ligament, he’ll need 2 weeks rest.

Signature
When I go to bed each night, I thank the Matrix for bringing me Paul Singer, Paolo Scaroni, Paolo Maldini, and Daddy Leonardo.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 14:45   #54
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post

I obviously agree with both

Biglia is much better than what we saw against Napoli. I'm convinced of that the more I think about. In the San Paolo, he was victim of Napolis high extra-pressing for him, and his teammates playing the ball to him when they really shouldn't didn't help him neither.

The 1st goal was the perfect example of that. Musa plays the ball to Bigly while Napoli-players were already running-up into Biglias back. And on top of that, the pass was very sloppy and not accurate at all. Biglia managed to restore the ball with a last tackling from the 1st Naples-player, but got overwhelmed by the second. I really blame the goal 100% on Musa and 0% on Biglia.

And yeah, that's just one situation where Biglia got played unaccurate balls while under pressure at the same time. Since Gattuso insisted in playing it smart from the back and there was no other player like Bonucci who could dictate a play as well, Biglia really was the victim of a lot of bad decisions.

Last edited by Alo88; 28-08-2018 at 14:48.
Alo88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 14:47   #55
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

... and Musa, tbh guys. If Musa is the player we saw against Naples, then I don't see why not starting Caldara outright.

I can see Gattusos logic. Musa has showned some ball-playing-qualities with Valencia. Maybe in training-sessions too. That's why he sees kind of a Bonucci replacement in him. Caldara on the other hand is the better defender over all, has more class, more potential, better positioning...

So unless Musa doesn't step-up his ballplaying game, which would be the case who speaks for him and against Caldara, I don't see why not playing Caldara from the get go and let Musa play the EL/Italian Cups.
Alo88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 15:48   #56
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
... and Musa, tbh guys. If Musa is the player we saw against Naples, then I don't see why not starting Caldara outright.

I can see Gattusos logic. Musa has showned some ball-playing-qualities with Valencia. Maybe in training-sessions too. That's why he sees kind of a Bonucci replacement in him. Caldara on the other hand is the better defender over all, has more class, more potential, better positioning...

So unless Musa doesn't step-up his ballplaying game, which would be the case who speaks for him and against Caldara, I don't see why not playing Caldara from the get go and let Musa play the EL/Italian Cups.

It's probably the thing you mentioned about Musa impressing in training together with the full pre-season he had with the team. Also maybe Gattuso is worried about Caldara being less familiar with a back 4 and not wanting him to lose confidence with a couple of bad games if started before he is ready.

I can't wait to see Caldara in action for us and alongside Ale, and I'm hoping it will be sooner than later.
Old 28-08-2018, 15:52   #57
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
I obviously agree with both

Biglia is much better than what we saw against Napoli. I'm convinced of that the more I think about. In the San Paolo, he was victim of Napolis high extra-pressing for him, and his teammates playing the ball to him when they really shouldn't didn't help him neither.

The 1st goal was the perfect example of that. Musa plays the ball to Bigly while Napoli-players were already running-up into Biglias back. And on top of that, the pass was very sloppy and not accurate at all. Biglia managed to restore the ball with a last tackling from the 1st Naples-player, but got overwhelmed by the second. I really blame the goal 100% on Musa and 0% on Biglia.

And yeah, that's just one situation where Biglia got played unaccurate balls while under pressure at the same time. Since Gattuso insisted in playing it smart from the back and there was no other player like Bonucci who could dictate a play as well, Biglia really was the victim of a lot of bad decisions.
Yes and I think Gattuso knows this as well as he defended Biglia and blamed Musacchio and tore into Bakayoko.

BTW, I'm not sure that was good for Bakayoko as he needed some TLC from Makalele to blossom into a highly-rated player back when he was playing for Monaco. Guess Rino was just frustrated as he was hoping for a few more ready-made top players like Higuain.
Old 28-08-2018, 15:55   #58
Polotelli
#forevermario

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
Thanks to atalanta , it doesnt seem like a MUST WIN game to keep up with roma
What kind of pussy attitude is this ????

If you wanna stay ahead then you better beat them

we're playing at home, so this is a must win!
Polotelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 15:56   #59
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Time to shine.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 16:12   #60
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanFan89 View Post
Probable lineup vs. Roma (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Abate, Caldara, Romagnoli, Ricardo Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu

[Sky]
Hope that the Caldara prediction is true. Abate is a bit of a strange one - can he last the whole match?