The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 15-09-2018, 16:36   #81
Hitchens
Suddenly a great believer

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

In other news Inter lost at home to Parma
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 18:22   #82
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Sure thing bro it is an older vid so thought it may have been posted before.

Any tactical analysis why we dropped considerably our performance in the second half against Roma (from the point of view of Milan)?

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 18:32   #83
yungfreddy
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
Any tactical analysis why we dropped considerably our performance in the second half against Roma (from the point of view of Milan)?
cause they formation changed ..from a joke formation to a proper one

Signature
yungfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 19:01   #84
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Great chance to leapfrog inter

quiet possible that empoli get something vs lazio too

Big game for us, need a win if we are serious about top 4
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 21:25   #85
Buske
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Damn, thought the game is today
#feelsbadman I know the feeling tho
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 22:27   #86
jon
The Matrix

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Damn, thought the game is today
got back from my match and googled the result myself haha

i will get to watch! forza milan
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 22:34   #87
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
I respect the video, but it's often funny to see people trying to analyze a game like every movement on the pitch has been trained before. Gattuso is not responsible at all for a lot of these situations.. Whoever that played football on a decent or high level knows that most of the running lines happen instinctively as a result of doing this and hearing what is right for years and years.. Some running lines are almost universal.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 02:56   #88
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, Dinho, R9, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:

I don't know if this answers the question but the guy presenting is quite passionate and looking at his YouTube channel he goes through a lot of matches.

Signature
Feels like home again
truant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 04:03   #89
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:

I don't know if this answers the question but the guy presenting is quite passionate and looking at his YouTube channel he goes through a lot of matches.
Thank you for providing the video. It is different to the previous video or from someone on twitter, sorry mate I can not hold to watch it, pure tactic without video of Milan Roma (I guess).

I am just curious, we were very good defensively in the first half and the start of second half and destroyed by Napoli after that. Against Roma we had almost perfect game but dropped significantly our form in the second half.

Eusebio di Francesco did change Roma formation, we could clearly see it and it also changed the game but what is the perspective from Milan, what Milan could do to overcome it (the change Roma did in the second half) to maintain our position in possesion and controlling the game like the first half?

We have to play good game for 90 minutes not only first half. What count in a game is the end result. Beautiful game with maximum result would be the perfect achievement.

Signature

Old 16-09-2018, 04:25   #90
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, Dinho, R9, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Thank you for providing the video. It is different to the previous video or from someone on twitter, sorry mate I can not hold to watch it, pure tactic without video of Milan Roma (I guess).

I am just curious, we were very good defensively in the first half and the start of second half and destroyed by Napoli after that. Against Roma we had almost perfect game but dropped significantly our form in the second half.

Eusebio di Francesco did change Roma formation, we could clearly see it and it also changed the game but what is the perspective from Milan, what Milan could do to overcome it (the change Roma did in the second half) to maintain our position in possesion and controlling the game like the first half?

We have to play good game for 90 minutes not only first half. What count in a game is the end result. Beautiful game with maximum result would be the perfect achievement.

yes I was turned off too initially as there were no actual clips from the game. But I thought he highlighted a few things I missed when watching the game which was helpful for me.

I don't know if our second half slump is a combination of fatigue and delay in responding to tactical changes.

Yes I agree that playing well and attractively throughout the 90 minutes is our goal. Hope to see it all come together in the next few games.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 16-09-2018, 04:29   #91
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:

CALCIOMERCATO
In the press conference ahead of the game against Cagliari Gennaro Gattuso spoke about his side this season.

“We are playing against a very difficult opponent in a very difficult arena.
*“They can cause us a lot of problems, so we must improve the things that we still don’t do to our best. It takes time to try out new tactics and players, and if you don’t test them out in training, it becomes improvisation on the field.

“Leonardo Pavoletti is one of the best in Serie A when it comes to headers, so we mustn’t give them the opportunity to put crosses in. We’ve got to soak up the pressure when the situation calls for it.

*“We could play with a False 9 too, I am not worried. We made choices on the transfer market to fit in also with Financial Fair Play. Higuain allows the wingers to come in and take part in the attack.

“In last week’s friendly, Higuain looked like the angriest man in the world. When he struggles to score goals, he becomes really irritated and that shows what a champion he really is. He’s a player who is giving his all and sends an important signal to his teammates.

*“I make my decisions based on what I see in training. The tactical movements have to be perfect in order to play the way I want. You in the media are in fact hurting Caldara, as you can’t destroy a player after one game. He is coming from a very different level and it’s not right to throw him in the garbage dispenser. The club has faith in Caldara and I have no problem giving him time to develop.

*“When it comes to Biglia’s role we have Jose Mauri and Andrea Bertolacci. I think it’ll take a while to get Bakayoko up to speed as a playmaker. When you come from a completely different league, you need to learn the cross-field passing, to double up on marking and not to just chase the ball. If you’re not organised, the whole team can struggle.

“He can do it with some hard work, although he needs to learn Italian faster, as it’s not helping him in the locker room.”
Mauri is still in the reckoning? For regista? I am shocked. Guess this is the end of the road for Montolivo.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 16-09-2018, 04:42   #92
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Mauri is still in the reckoning? For regista? I am shocked. Guess this is the end of the road for Montolivo.
What do we expect, we have only Mauri and Bertolacci there. Monto seems non-existent right now.

Bakayoko playmaker? What does this mean actually? Does Gattuso means 'regista', the position Biglia plays in?

Signature

Old 16-09-2018, 05:00   #93
truant
sexy football fetishist

Quote:
What do we expect, we have only Mauri and Bertolacci there. Monto seems non-existent right now.

Bakayoko playmaker? What does this mean actually? Does Gattuso means 'regista', the position Biglia plays in?
I think I expected Bertolacci because he has played there before. Then Monto although this interview seems to mean he is no longer considered an option. Then 4231 with double pivot.

Bakayoko would have huge problems playing as a regista as he does not seem to have natural tactical ability or discipline. I haven't seen a good passing range either. He is a monster in terms of physical gifts though so might be suited as an alternative for Kessie. Having said that, Gattuso has actually seen him first hand in training and from his interview seems to imply that he sees him as a candidate for regista in the future. I guess we'll see.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 16-09-2018, 07:05   #94
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Away games are the real tests.
If you can beat the Cagliaris and Chievos away then you are more or less guaranteed a Top 4 spot.

Those of you who actually expect an easy win have no clue about Serie A.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 07:52   #95
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Is it match day finally?!

Longest 2 weeks ever!

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:01   #96
joyrider
Il Moderati

Donnarumma

Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez/Laxalt

Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura

Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:50   #97
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

Forza Milan!

Higuaín to score!

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:51   #98
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Seriously no Caldara again? Against fucking Cagliari? I understand easing him in, but let the lad start against shite opposition.

He is not some primavera player, the guy played for a EL contender, and played well.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:58   #99
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Seriously no Caldara again? Against fucking Cagliari? I understand easing him in, but let the lad start against shite opposition.

He is not some primavera player, the guy played for a EL contender, and played well.
Whats so hard to understand? He will not start until he adapts to a 4 man def. Gattuso said this numerous times. Caldara also confirmed it.
Think el we will see him in action.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 09:03   #100
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Fav. Players: Diego Laxalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post

roma is cpt and musa was training in milano whole 2 weeks - who shouldnt start?
caldara will play against dudes FC.

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote