The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:50   #1
Hitchens
Suddenly a great believer

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta
Default EL Group Stage: Milan - Olympiacos

First real game in the EL.

I'm very excited after the Sassuolo game. Ready for a convincing win.

Preferred line-up:

Reina
Calabria - Caldara - Romagnoli - Laxalt
Bakayoko - Biglia - Bonaventura
Castillejo - Cutrone - Calhanoglu

Play Higuain if fit. Castillejo false nine if Cutrone isn't, Suso as LW.

After Chievo it's NT break and 10 000 years until the derby, so no need to rest players. Would we have rested players if we met Barcelona in the CL group stage? No. We need momentum anyway.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:52   #2
joyrider
Il Moderati

Default Group F AC Milan vs Olympiakos 04/10/2018 18:55

joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:53   #3
Hitchens

Last edited by Hitchens; 02-10-2018 at 08:56.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:37   #4
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Schedule for October:
  • Wreck Olympiacos.
  • Wreck Chievo.
  • Wreck Inter.
  • Wreck Bettis.
  • Wreck Sampdoria.
  • Wreck AC Galliani.

!!!FORZA MILAN!!!

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:11   #5
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

wash the shame - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5qUyid1KI8

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:00   #6
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, Dinho, R9, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
First real game in the EL.

I'm very excited after the Sassuolo game. Ready for a convincing win.

Preferred line-up:

Reina
Calabria - Caldara - Romagnoli - Laxalt
Bakayoko - Biglia - Bonaventura
Castillejo - Cutrone - Calhanoglu

Play Higuain if fit. Castillejo false nine if Cutrone isn't, Suso as LW.

After Chievo it's NT break and 10 000 years until the derby, so no need to rest players. Would we have rested players if we met Barcelona in the CL group stage? No. We need momentum anyway.
I like it.

Nice time to rest Kessie and Suso and integrate the new signings. Since we can't really rely on Mauri/Bertolacci and Borini and we need to keep the momentum going as you said, so that line-up seems like a good balance.

I worry a bit about Biglia and Jack but we can take them off early if we get a good lead. Then would be nice to bring on Halilovic (maybe for Jack although I don't think Rino sees Halilovic as a mezzala). If Zapata is fit maybe he can give Romagnoli some minutes off to close the match.

I hope Caldara and Cutrone will make it but if not best not to rush them back.

Signature
Feels like home again

Last edited by truant; 02-10-2018 at 12:08.
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:29   #7
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, Dinho, R9, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Injured AC Milan defender Mattia Caldara could return to action after the International break,*La Gazzetta*dello*Sport*reports.

The Italian center-back skipped the last two games of the Serie A giants due to a muscle injury and according to the Italian paper he will have to remain on the sidelines for one more week at least.

That means Rino Gattuso will have to do without the Italian defender for the next two home games against Olympiakos and Chievo.

Caldara could be eligible to play again after the International break when AC Milan face Inter in the Milan derby.

The former Atalanta and Juventus defender was not included in AC Milan squad for the last two games against Empoli and Sassuolo and he is struggling with*playing time as he has yet to make his Serie A debut for the Rossoneri who signed him on a swap deal with Leonardo Bonucci last summer.

Well, all good things take time.

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 02-10-2018, 13:47   #8
Hitchens

Always injuries, every season.

Then I choose Musacchio to start vs Olympiacos. It's a positive and not a negative if he continues his form and makes it really difficult for Caldara to gain his spot.
Old 02-10-2018, 17:40   #9
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

2/3 of our Atalanta signings have been injury prone so far...

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 23:23   #10
Hannibal
Turkish Delight

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko, «alhanoğlu, Romagnoli, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Always injuries, every season.

Then I choose Musacchio to start vs Olympiacos. It's a positive and not a negative if he continues his form and makes it really difficult for Caldara to gain his spot.
His form being having brain farts and leaving Di Francesco open where Donna had to bail us out last game? I also remember the forced pass to Biglia in the Napoli game which led to a goal.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 23:52   #11
Kaka92
World Cup Winner

probably zapata will start, i read it somewhere.

i'm not sure what to think about LE, it's not that we will win it and we actually have great chance to end in top 4 in league so if you ask me, i will rotate almost whole XI, our boys need to stay fresh and injury free for league games.

just one injury can kill us because of our awful bench and i wouldn't risk it, serie A is top priority.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 00:19   #12
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka92 View Post
probably zapata will start, i read it somewhere.

i'm not sure what to think about LE, it's not that we will win it and we actually have great chance to end in top 4 in league so if you ask me, i will rotate almost whole XI, our boys need to stay fresh and injury free for league games.

just one injury can kill us because of our awful bench and i wouldn't risk it, serie A is top priority.

Milan will look to reinforce the team in January. Leonardo will look to bring in two or three more signings to complete the team further. [@AntoVitiello of @MilanNewsit]
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:06   #13
Kaka92
World Cup Winner

i don't think that they can buy who can replace, for example romagnoli or piguain

i want them to be ready fresh and healthy for league, i don't really care for LE.

if it was CL, that's other thing but LE... meh.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 13:39   #14
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Old 03-10-2018, 13:40   #15
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

too many starters for mi liking
Old 03-10-2018, 13:57   #16
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Lord Elliott

Finally Zapata instead of Musacchio

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleite View Post
Any and all clothes look good on our Ale ! ❤️
Hugh Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 15:19   #17
truant
sexy football fetishist

Gattuso's words from Football Italia

Quote:
“We’ll make some changes,” Gattuso confirmed in his pre-match Press conference.

“The only one unavailable is Caldara, we’ll make some changes but not as many as Dudelange.

“Higuain is fine and has been training with us, Cutrone is still having some problems with his ankle but he’s managed to train. We hope to have Caldara after the international break.

“Higuain is a lad who is loved in the dressing room. I never thought it’d be a disaster to not have Higuain, but of course it’s better to have him.

“We need to learn how to best exploit his characteristics, because he gives us something extra. He’s training with us, we’ll evaluate him today and he could play tomorrow.

"Cutrone? Patrick has been an example in the past two weeks, the dressing room has appreciated what he's done. Patrick isn't yet 100 per cent, but he even worked on the rest days.

"I need to evaluate a lot of things, I'm not a doctor but players are liars. Too many times I lied and told my Coach I was fit to play even if it wasn't true.

"We need to be careful, otherwise we risk losing the player for a month.

“If we play with a striker, if we don’t have an emergency, then Patrick or Higuain will play. [Samu] Castillejo is good at stretching the play, he has speed and quality.

“So he’s someone who can do really well as a second striker, he has very precise characteristics which can be very useful.”

The Diavolo have a tough Europa League group, which also includes Real Betis.

“Betis play well, Olympiakos is a club with a winning mentality. They have quality and, like us, they like to play football.

“The play with a 4-2-3-1 but they can also play a 4-2-4. They’re dangerous in attack and they play positive football.

“They’ve made a lot of changes but this is a squad built to a plan. We have to be careful in the transitions.”

Milan have had trouble closing out games this season…

“I don’t know why we have these difficulties,” Gattuso admitted.

“I know that if we play compactly and as a team then we’ll do well. It seems we put more pressure on the midfielders in some situations, even when we score four we always concede.

“We need to improve on that, because we don’t have problems when we’re organised.

“Many players have spoken of a turning point after Sunday, we need to give consistency to what we’re doing.

“Even after the three draws it wasn’t like we had to throw everything away. We’re a good footballing side, we just need to find the solidity and mentality, as well as improving our reading of certain points of the game.

“The other teams [in Serie A] are doing well, they combine physicality with quality. Inter are like that, Fiorentina are doing well and so are Napoli and Lazio.

“All we can think about is improving, the others are strong teams and we need to find a winning mentality and learn how to suffer.”

Signature
Feels like home again
Old 03-10-2018, 16:09   #18
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Bertolacci hat-trick ples

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 22:21   #19
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, T.Silva, Pippo, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Nesta

3 points vital here, set ya up nicely in the group.

Really need to start keeping clean sheets

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:22   #20
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: KakŠ, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Locatelli, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone

Match Day! Forza Milan!

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote