The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Congrats to India. Happy with the effort from the Sri Lankans. Dhoni was just ... wow

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D Good sign, we are gonna win the Derby as well :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
We big dick start dealing with it
Sachinnnnnnnnnn

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Best moment of my life. Tears of joy. Finally we won the world cup.. Cheers Team India. It was really an exceptional performance. Couldn't have asked for more.

Yuvraj whom many wanted out of team answered his critics so well.
Sachin at 38 played such a crucial role.
Zak leading wicket taker.

Thank you Team India..

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT CARE HOW MUCH I HATE CRICKET BUT THAT WAS SOOO AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME.

Dhoni answering all his critics.

Serious swag captaincy. :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Being a bong and a through and through ganguly lover i can say dhoni is now at the same pedestal if not down right surpassed him. :eek::eek:

Mourinho losing his first home game , india winning , if only milan manage to win tonight i swear it will be one of the most perfect days of my life as a sports fan. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love u sachin for all u have done.

And a big shout out goes to my favorite bowler- Muralitharan. Legendario. I will miss watching you bowl with that killer eyes and that smile (n/h) on your face. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
13.gif
championsud7.gif

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Best thing about it is they are a young team. Expect them to do well for a long time to come. Wohoooo india.

Metronomo Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maa tujhe saalam !!!! This is what you call a true team performance. Chak de India !!!!!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
one man one icon one hero for me

199609_10150108239972185_707817184_5665292_1812065_n.jpg

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
one man one icon one hero for me

199609_10150108239972185_707817184_5665292_1812065_n.jpg

Give the others credit man. Yuvraj , dhoni and zaheer played an amazing WC eventhough it was all about sachin. And good on them to say they won it for Sachin as much as for India.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tomorrow not tonight 20 years i waited for it

not today

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
We are World Champions.
We are the Champions of the World.
WE ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Man, what a power trip.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dhoni is a great captain. He gave the final ball a thwack over long on and turned a murderous glare at the direction in which he hit it, as if saying, "You better stay the course. Or Else." And it duly obliged.

What a man.

After holding the trophy aloft briefly, he faded into the background, as he always does whenever we win a trophy. You can rarely see him in the customary team photos clicked after a final.

And we got a glimpse of the effect Sachin has had on the youngsters of this team. Gambhir said, "We did it for Sachin." Yuvraj -- Player of the Tournament -- is on record saying he's been performing exceptionally well in the Cup "for a special person", which turned out to be Sachin. And the team carried him around his home ground on their shoulders, the great man waving the tricolour with a face soaked in tears as a wet sock. "It's the proudest moment in my life", he said, and no one doubted it.

Gary Kirsten was carried aloft the shoulders too. A great coach. Someone uncomfortable with the spotlight, he must be a very happy, content man. It's a shame he's leaving us, but we'll all love him wherever he is, whatever he does. What a fantastic adventure it was with him. He made the players believe in themselves, and made it all look so simple. We'll miss you, Gary.

GO INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Dhoni is a great captain. He gave the final ball a thwack over long on and turned a murderous glare at the direction in which he hit it, as if saying, "You better stay the course. Or Else." And it duly obliged.

What a man.

After holding the trophy aloft briefly, he faded into the background, as he always does whenever we win a trophy. You can rarely see him in the customary team photos clicked after a final.

And we got a glimpse of the effect Sachin has had on the youngsters of this team. Gambhir said, "We did it for Sachin." Yuvraj -- Player of the Tournament -- is on record saying he's been performing exceptionally well in the Cup "for a special person", which turned out to be Sachin. And the team carried him around his home ground on their shoulders, the great man waving the tricolour with a face soaked in tears as a wet sock. "It's the proudest moment in my life", he said, and no one doubted it.

Gary Kirsten was carried aloft the shoulders too. A great coach. Someone uncomfortable with the spotlight, he must be a very happy, content man. It's a shame he's leaving us, but we'll all love him wherever he is, whatever he does. What a fantastic adventure it was with him. He made the players believe in themselves, and made it all look so simple. We'll miss you, Gary.

GO INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My thoughts exactly....:proud:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

What a man.

+111

complete team game, everybody except srresanth played well in this world cup so awesome team and a great team leader

Who rules the cricket
India on and off the field I hope we can keep the pride of being of champions, we should fight every game like aussies for next 4 years

Awesome day

And i have a question: Did this shit got real :conf: or its just a dream?

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+111

complete team game, everybody except srresanth played well in this world cup so awesome team and a great team leader

Who rules the cricket
India on and off the field I hope we can keep the pride of being of champions, we should fight every game like aussies for next 4 years

Awesome day

And i have a question: Did this shit got real :conf: or its just a dream?
Live it up man, WE ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :proud:

And you're right, this team has a great chance of going from strength to strength. MS is 30, Yuvi 29, Raina 24, Virat 23, Gambhir 29, Bhajji 30, Munaf 27. And Ashwin's a great prospect too. I think Sachin may retire frm ODIs, Zak may last another season or two and not sure bout Sehwag. This is already our best ever ODI team.

One niggle would be to find a replacement for Zak, which is easier said than done. But that's not for now. We're WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!! :star: :star:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Interstitial

:proud:

They should do this with Dravid and Ganguly as well! :proud::proud::proud:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Dhoni has to do something today, otherwise it would be the first world cup winning team whose captain was a complete failure in the tournament.
Saved the best for last, I guess ... ;)
Is Malinga's action really legal? He's such a thrower.
Well, never understood why he wasn't called aside and had the rules of the game briefed to.
We big dick start dealing with it
Sachinnnnnnnnnn
Extraordinarily great player ... but has Dhoni and Ghambir to thank for having a world cup in his prize collection.

Congrats India.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I had linked Kumble's pic holding the trophy and Sachin screaming at the side of him and clapping. :D:proud:

sp04ap-anil-kumble.jpg

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/tip-your-hat-to-anil-kumble-for-hand-in-india-world-cup-triumph
Thanks for sharing. It's one of the shots that will be looked back upon fondly in later years. When I saw it on Cricinfo yesterday, upon zooming the pic I could see the sheer delight on Sachin's face. This man has just become a kid who's got the toy he's so long been raising such a stink for. The man has no age. It's pure exhilaration. The article is a great read too. Thanks for sharing.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love sachin for that reason
orginality passion master god everything in one
he is awesome so much happiness :proud: I havent ever seen a player in any sport like this, his burden is more than anybodys

When sachin plays well a billion people sleeps with happiness :D without seprating caste colour and language so awesome :star:

unlike when i was young i dont consider cricket as a nationalistic symbol but i consider sachin as one because one thing has been pure for 21 years. champion

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he is awesome so much happiness :proud: I havent ever seen a player in any sport like this, his burden is more than anybodys

When sachin plays well a billion people sleeps with happiness :D without seprating caste colour and language so awesome :star:

unlike when i was young i dont consider cricket as a nationalistic symbol but i consider sachin as one because one thing has been pure for 21 years. champion

So true. :proud::star:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

He's such a great guy. When a hate mob was kicking up a storm over "Mumbai for Marathas", Sachin said yes, he was proud to be a Mumbaikar, but first, he was an Indian. What a great man.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Ganguly brought balls and leadership into the team and sachin bought the swag and the trophies. :cool: and Dravid the stability.

Man im gonna miss that trio sooo much after sachin retires. Kinda like missing maldini when he retired as the last piece of the great wall or nesta when he will retire. :(

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India appoint Duncan Fletcher as national cricket coach

_52358763_fletcher_getty.jpg

India have appointed Duncan Fletcher as coach for a two-year period.

The former England coach succeeds South African Gary Kirsten to become the fourth successive foreign coach of the World Cup-winning team.

Eric Simons, who was the bowling coach during Kirsten's tenure, will continue in his role and is likely to enjoy a good relationship with Fletcher through their Western Province links.

Fletcher's first major assignment with India, the number one Test side, will be when they tour England from mid-July for the summer's eagerly-awaited tour. It features Tests at Lord's, Trent Bridge, Edgbaston and The Oval, plus one Twenty20 international and five ODIs.

Leading up to that is an Indian tour of West Indies in June, featuring one Twenty20 international, five one-day internationals and three Tests. Fletcher may not be involved in that.

"He may not join the team in the West Indies as he has some prior commitments," N Srinivasan, the BCCI secretary, said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/13205909.stm

Lets see how this one goes...

Schedule