Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Pure sex

Ismael-Bennacer-1.jpg

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We live in a world where Andre Silva is 38m, Samu 30m, Laxalt 18m? And this guy is 16m.
Awesome

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We live in a world where Andre Silva is 38m, Samu 30m, Laxalt 18m? And this guy is 16m.
Awesome
Yes, that is incredible.

Happy we snatched him up.

Looks very good.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
blessed that empoli got relegated or else he would have been double to purchase

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Looks good on the ball. Hopefully we have got a bargain here.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I like that he is confident, tidy and puts himself about - he won at least two headers and put his body between the opponent on some bad passes to keep possession.

When we get consistent play out of the other mids he should even look better.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
dirty look champion
Allenamento11%20-%20Copy%20(25).jpg

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
RIP Lucas. We have a future top mid. Keep it up Man.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly he made quite a few mistakes but was active and physical enough so they weren't overly noticeable.

I think he's an improvement from Biglia in certain situations, but he certainly isn't our savior like many make him out to be, at least not yet.

I hope he gets more chances to grow and continue to improve

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he lost lots of balls but it doesn't matter. everybody loses the ball. important thing is to not lose the ball when defense is out of shape. he made things happen. he made himself available all the time. released his teammates well. didn't get intimidated by pressing.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Meh, has ball-retention skills but uninspiring going forward, can see why GP prefers Biglia over him.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
And why is that? Is it because of Biglia’s inspiring forward passes?

Not to defend Biglia's recent performances, but generally Biglia has shown better composure on the ball, know when and how to pick a pass, he rarely rushes a pass and put the receiver in a difficult situation. He's also better in defense, has better tackling and positions himself very well. And of course, he #knowthesystem.

Bennacer is young, but Milan is not exactly a good environment to develop young players.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not to defend Biglia's recent performances, but generally Biglia has shown better composure on the ball, know when and how to pick a pass, he rarely rushes a pass and put the receiver in a difficult situation. He's also better in defense, has better tackling and positions himself very well. And of course, he #knowthesystem.

Bennacer is young, but Milan is not exactly a good environment to develop young players.
Alright, nice troll attempt.

6/10

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Alright, nice troll attempt.

6/10

I have seen this before, many times on this forums. When a young and promising player comes, people simply can't accept any criticism.

And I didn't even pass any judgement on him, just a technical assessment on what Bennacer has shown so far. But ok then, let's just hope he develops well and won't become another Sushi or Paqueta (yes, I'm passing judgement on Paqueta now, his skillset is too flawed to match our ambition. I will be very happy if one day in the future people laugh at me for this post)

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini

Wrong ! not the Biglia we saw this season, Biglia this season equals one wonder freekick, and you and GP know this.

There's nothing Biglia has done better than Bennacer in term of passes this season. Just admit it.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ismaël Bennacer believes ‘we have to be hungrier in front of goal’ and thinks there was a foul on Hakan Çalhanoğlu before Torino’s equalizer.

Marco Giampaolo used three new signings from the start against Torino last night, playing Theo Hernández, Ismaël Bennacer and Rafael Leão from the first minute.

However, even the inclusion of the summer arrivals did not stop Milan from losing once again. Krzysztof Piątek scored a penalty in the 18′ minute, but Andrea Belotti scored twice in the 72′ and 76′ minutes to give il Toro the win. The Rossoneri have no one but themselves to blame as they missed chance after chance after chance to win the game.

“We were in control of the game, football is made of details,” Bennacer, who was Milan’s best player according to today’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, told Sky Italia at the end of the game at Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino. “We had to be more concentrated, we missed so many chances and then we conceded goals. The second half? When you lower the pace in football, it’s difficult.

“The missed chances? Salvatore Sirigu played a great game, but we have to be hungrier in front of goal. We have strong strikers, we had to kill off this match as soon as he had the chance. The substitution? I got a yellow card, I’m only just coming back and I’m lacking a bit of rhythm. The coach made the change to let in a forward, I think he wanted to score.”

Speaking to MilanTV, the Algerian said: “We should have stayed more concentrated because in football playing a good first half is not enough. We should have killed it off before. The non-foul on Çalhanoğlu? I saw that Hakan had the ball and I think that it was a foul. Then they scored on the counter, Torino have some great strikers. Sunday’s match against

“Fiorentina? We have to do a lot more against Fiorentina, sticking together until the final whistle, but we must take the points home. And we need the support of our fans. My acclimatization to Milan? I’m good, I’m learning and I’m growing. I’m happy, but we have to win.”

Please start versus Fiorentina

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

I don’t wanna sound disrespectful or anything but this post is laughable.

Biglia literally is useless. Nothing happens when he plays. You might as well put a table in front of the defence

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Along with Leao, best player on the pitch against Torino. Must start.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If there's a great player in him then it's probably as mezz'ala, or in a double pivot system.
He's relatively short, quick, technically skilled, likes to push up, doesn't seem interested in lateral passing and his style of defending seems more pace-dependent and vertical than the cerebral, horizontal, aerially strong one you'd expect from single pivots.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Umm, yeah he's no anchor.
No wonder Empoli got relegated while conceding 70 goals.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
This guy should be playing LCM rather than anchor but considering that we dont have anyone better ...

About time we try out 2 centre mids.. Kessie sucks, might as well try Krunic or give Biglia some steroids

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
As much as I hate Biglia, Bennacer is too defensively naive in terms of positioning to play in front of the defense right now.

Have to agree with Goodfella here, double pivot or mezz’ala. His passing and press resistance along with his dynamism should make him a joy to watch at mezz’ala though. Has to play, just not anchor/regista.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It almost feels like GP put him in 2 straight games as he wanted to say "Look, this is why i preferred Biglia in some games"

Try him instead of Hakanoglu, he will be huge improvement

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He is clearly very talented, but also has a lot of room to improve. I was particularly disappointed in the second penalty since he didn't learn anything from the first one

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Have to agree, he doesn't look like an anchor at this stage of his career (with more maturity he could become a great one). Should play on the side or in a double pivot.

Overall he is talented and shows good mentality though.

Looking at our squad I would try 4-2-2-2/4-4-2.