The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Vettori is past it. Mcculum and williamson are their only good batsmen. Agree with boult being equal to starc but we have better depth in every department, so that makes us firm favourites. We have that never give up attitude, so n.z should really be praying to face australia when they are off form cause they have never beaten us in an one-off encounter in the past. N.z haven't had enough exposure in Australia recently, this may come back to haunt them.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
And we haven't even touched upon the topic of one of the two teams having THE best captain in ODI cricket at present. Someone so out and out attacking that his lead strike bowlers often finishes his 10 overs by the 20th over of the innings.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
:fp: 15 wickets in the tournament and a match-winning cameo batting last match dude.

:fp: Are you aware that a certain NZ batsman has scored a double century and a century in their last 3 matches?

martin guptill lol. yeah he is clearly world class like rohit sharma isn't he. One match wonder. Besides, they are lucky cause all the games were played in their home ground. They will do nothing against us at our fortress, i.e. MCG.

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
:fp: 15 wickets in the tournament and a match-winning cameo batting last match dude.

:fp: Are you aware that a certain NZ batsman has scored a double century and a century in their last 3 matches?

Pretty sure Swagger is only playing when he spoke about Vettori... if anything he'll be worried seeing as Aus don't really have a spinner.

And we haven't even touched upon the topic of one of the two teams having THE best captain in ODI cricket at present. Someone so out and out attacking that his lead strike bowlers often finishes his 10 overs by the 20th over of the innings.

Whoa .... is this something which he only tried in the WC or has he been doing it in ODI's prior to the WC ?

It makes sense if wickets are tumbling to keep it up. Even if they aren't but the bowlers are on form you can restrict the opening batsmen to a low run rate.

All in all this makes for an interesting final.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not sure how he handled bowlers pre world cup. I hadn't watched cricket for ages before this world cup. But McCullum has always had that attacking captain rep.

Swagger is just doing his usual thing of looking at physique and pace and judging players.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah clearly australia is a very talentless team :fp::fp:. Attacking rep or not, McCullum's team dont stand a chance against us. You do realize that we have depth in batting until 9 down. Even starc can bat, he was a opener for his county cricket team. Hell, johnson can bat too, as you will notice in the game against India. We have a lot of all rounders, no other team has anywhere close to the number of all rounders we possess.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australia is an excellent team. But the second best in the world at the moment.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Meanwhile, Clarke retires.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
second best team :lol:. We will see about that on sunday.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ANZ XI

1. Brendon McCullum (wk) (C)
2. Martin Guptill/David Warner
3. Steven Smith
4. Kane Williamson
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Corey Anderson
7. James Faulkner
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Trent Boult
11. Tim Southee

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
johnson instead of southee and really, you are actually contemplating about picking martin guptill over warner loool. Corey anderson :lol:, that dud is so overrated. Rest of the list looks fine.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clearly you havent watched Johnson and Watson (who I imagine you want over Anderson) recently. Both in their last legs. Both inconsistent. Watson was almost dropped actually.

Dont care for Warner over Guptill. By tournament form, it's Guptill. By actual ability, it's Warner.

I didnt know this btw: 3-2 New Zealand's win-loss record in the last five ODIs against Australia at the MCG, the last of which was won by New Zealand in 2009.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
oh yea chris cairns did well in 2009. We will see though on Sunday, if we play to our potential, N.Z has no absolutely no chance against us. Johnson is far from inconsistent. Have you watched johnson play over the past 2 years. He has destroyed every team in both home and away series. S.africa, england, sri lanka and to a lesser extent india in the recent test series. He has one of the best bowling averages right now as well. Besides, he can actually bat, so i would definitely pick johnson over southee or over anderson at the very least. Watson has been hit or miss but he has stepped up when it mattered. Whenever his position in the starting 11 was questioned, he managed to raise his game and prove his critics wrong. I would pick him over corey anderson. This will be his last tourney anyway, we have a lot of young talents coming up, particularly in bowling. I am sure we will see more of these young prodigies next year.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Over the long run, Australia will likely always dominate NZ except for brief periods. But right now seems like such a period to me. NZ has their best team ever while Australia has certain below-optimal positions (No real spinner, Mitchell Johnson giving away runs freely, Clarke etc).

So let's see. I'll be cheering for the Kiwies. This is their best chance ever.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No i dont think this is the best chance for the kiwis. In fact their team is relatively young, so i can see them winning the next world cup tbh. Imo, they wont win this tournament but i really see N.Z as a top 2 contender for the next world cup, their young talents are going to explode in the future if they nurture them properly. Its about time N.Z gets to play more test series. India too have a bright future imo, they have some great young talents in the bowling department. Those kids just need to practice more often in away conditions.
N.Z, AUS, India and Pakistan will be the main contenders for the next world cup. I cant see lanka improving, s.africa are perennial chokers and england is just rubbish in Odi's.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India and Pakistan? :lol: Who exactly do you see rising from these countries as a consistent player in English conditions 4 years from now? No chance..

Sri Lanka always have a better chance of producing guys who can do well in such conditions than India or Pakistan.

2019 will be Australia, South Africa, NZ or even England if they can pull their act together by then.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pakistan have a lot of talent. Dont forget amir, junaid khan, irfan etc will be a formidable bowling attack in the future. India have some good young talents in batting,i heard good stories about their under 19 team, particularly this kid named samson who destroyed our australia A team not too long ago. India also have shami, varun, yadav and mohit sharma for the future. They are fairly young and can improve. Dint india win the champions trophy in england? If anything england conditions suit india the most. Both pak and india are better than england and s.africa in odi conditions imo. S.africa's best chance to win a wc would have been this year but they were outplayed yet again. I cant see them unearthing a new kalis or a amla/AB. Steyn is not getting younger and he is poor in big games.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i this shit still going on?

i thought world cup was finished..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just cause pakistan is out, it doesn't necessarily mean that the competition is over :o.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sanju Samson? Oh man. A blemish on the footballing history of Keralites. A Kerala guy playing top level cricket is like an Aussie being good at Chess.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"McCullum: I reckon we might have the home crowd tomorrow. I'm sure the Indian guys will certainly be rooting for us."

Quite possible.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Just cause pakistan is out, it doesn't necessarily mean that the competition is over :o.

meh pakistan, i was surprised they did win a match and weren't caught receiving money

i had the impression the WC started in januari or something :fp:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
ANZ XI

1. Brendon McCullum (wk) (C)
2. Martin Guptill/David Warner
3. Steven Smith
4. Kane Williamson
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Corey Anderson
7. James Faulkner
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Trent Boult
11. Tim Southee
Guptill complements McCullum better. McCullum and Warner together will be out before the 15th over most of the time.

I'd put Haddin over Faulkner, heard McCullum can't keep anymore, and you already have bottom 4 + Corey Anderson and Maxwell as bowlers.

Harry Kane Williamson :love:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, good point. Haddin for Faulkner makes sense. Kane can bowl too if required.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kane williamson is a beast. Great player.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
39d15b20-d527-11e4-8090-a97188adc492_Letter-Brendon-2.jpg

#WontGiveItBack

Srini Mama along with rest of Chennaites hahaha :lol:

Am afraid it might be one sided with Aussies wining :( big ground, MCG pitch offers no swing on which Kiwis rely, very few Kiwis with MCG's experience and most importantly every neutral backing them to win.. Aussies will just become even more hated team than India :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oz still far more likeable than India even if they win.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
necro is a closet aussie :o. I respect ross taylor, he is such a nice dude. Btw i told you guptill is fodder against any half decent team. N.z are going to struggle to get anywhere close to 200.

Schedule