Tiemoue Bakayoko Thread

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Re-watch the Napoli coppa match and the Roma match. Compare the difference in the off-the-ball runs made by Castillejo, Laxalt and Borini in the former, and by Hakan, Suso and Rodriguez in the latter. There is a world of difference. Bakayoko's passing choices also depend on teammates moving to good positions.

Further, an average match was due with such high level performances for 2 months. Especially after the draining 180 minutes against Napoli.

I'm not remotely worried about him.

:thumbsup:

I wonder what Gattuso thinks about this. He has to be molto frustrated with Suso and Hakan.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Complaining about timmy while hakan wears no. 10 shirt....

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

I wonder what Gattuso thinks about this. He has to be molto frustrated with Suso and Hakan.

giphy.gif

I'm fairly sure Gattuso liked what he saw from Hakan and that he'll start him next game as well. He always does for god knows what reason

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
No love for the best DM in the league?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Dominant. Those cutting passes were a delight too. Seems to have a good understanding with Piatek

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He didnt do much in Cagliari games, mainly because of how our wingers hog the ball too much and didnt play through the midfield play.

Hope to see him in beast mode again.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
^ no one expects our DM to score and assist .. just seeing him win every duel and tackle / break up play is a joy to watch

he needs some more composure when passing and he will be world class

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
What's the rule on having represented a country only once and wanting to change?
is it possible...iirc someone started a procedure like that in the past few years, right?

there are rumours (on Ivorian football twitter) that he wants to play for Ivory Coast after having played for France once.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
You can only swap when you are moving from youth to senior level, if you want to.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
You can only swap when you are moving from youth to senior level, if you want to.

there are exceptions... or conditions under which it can be done even having played for the senior side...he played 44 minutes in 1 friendly match

i've heard of a few cases in the past few years without never reading into the details.
------------------------------------------

edit: dig some digging

Article 8.1. explains that such individuals may "only once" request to change their national team association, subject to the following conditions:
"a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition at “A” international level for his current association, and at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for his current association, he already had the nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.
b) He is not permitted to play for his new association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous association."

In short, that means a change cannot occur if a player has been capped at senior international level in a competitive international match, such as a World Cup qualifier. Senior friendlies, therefore, are not deemed sufficient to tie a player to an association.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/fif...s-players-who-have/1hndiedxd2d4h1jfved27pg4go

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like Bakayoko is loved by everyone, cool

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
not really i believe he is average, biglia was doing much better job before injury and he is 32 years old, he is good at destroying other team attacks, but he sucks at building ours.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
He has no positional sense to be a destroyer. And for a big guy he is too easily brought to ground.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like Bakayoko is loved by everyone, cool

Entire group loves each other.

That’s what’s most important for a winning mentality.
Even the players who perform bad should stay.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Entire group loves each other.

That’s what’s most important for a winning mentality.
Even the players who perform bad should stay.

#savebertolacci

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
He has no positional sense to be a destroyer. And for a big guy he is too easily brought to ground.

i always wonder if u say things like that on purpose or you simply just dont get this sport

last part just shows u dont watch milan :lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Lol. Its bloody true, light touch and he falls like a tree.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
vb9 actually has a point...

bakayoko's touch is very unpredictable....especially the 2nd and 3rd ones. He always seems to turn into trouble after a (generally) good first touch.

Then he has to rely on his strength to break free from markers and run into space (or he falls over). It gets quite hard for him if he's being pressed constantly (like the last few games).

He's proved me wrong and has been very good since Biglia's injury but he still seems super nervous on the ball. Im happy to have him here but just don't think he's close to being the best DM/CM in the league. For me kessie still is a lot more valuable than him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
not really i believe he is average, biglia was doing much better job before injury and he is 32 years old, he is good at destroying other team attacks, but he sucks at building ours.

go back to your cave

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Isn't Jawad an Inter/Juve troll?

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
vb9 actually has a point...

bakayoko's touch is very unpredictable....especially the 2nd and 3rd ones. He always seems to turn into trouble after a (generally) good first touch.

Then he has to rely on his strength to break free from markers and run into space (or he falls over). It gets quite hard for him if he's being pressed constantly (like the last few games).

"Today (v parma 2-1) he does not touch it more than twice, it's an important sign."

Schedule