Official: Franco Baresi Thread

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
yuuup.

baresi + berlusconi = unquestionably >>>>>> all milan fans. including faux hater fans
hmmm guess that includes Maldini too cause he asked for investment. Yeah I think Berluscphony loves Milan more than Maldini too :rolleyes:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
thats your opinion
franco is a man and he knows club too well compared to other fans, i would rather believe baresi rather any other normal milan fan

if I remember correctly, a couple of months ago baresi was asking berlu to spend. He said the club needs reinforcement.

just sayin

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
hmmm guess that includes Maldini too cause he asked for investment. Yeah I think Berluscphony loves Milan more than Maldini too :rolleyes:

i dunno wat maldini said. all i know is that silvio+baresi are probly 2 biggest factors in milan history along w/ maldini.

don't see anything wrong with wat baresi is saying. b patient my friend :)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
comparing love is just ridiculous cause its an unmeasurable quality but i know we could have survived without ll capitano but not without berlusca, no i dont want to compare them and make one smaller than another, previous line was my way of looking when i see the past.

millions of dollars he spent on the club like water is just unforgettable atleast for me, you are entitled to have your opinion but i know for sure that nobody in history this club has spent like that.

I belive in franco baresi even management knows that we need investement cause in his first two three years he gave a warchest to sacchi to sign the dutch trio its not about investment its about investing in this overinflated and fragile financial enviornment when berlusca leads a fucking country

Italian NAtion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10000s of milan.

anyway i belive in FRANCO BARESI AND I SAY HE IS SPOT ON. and i love baresi and maldnini, and franco has been in this club for years he was adopted by this club they are his parents when there was no one and he does love milan more than any single fan and he knows better about milan.

Forza Franco Baresi

he and kaiser beckenbeur were the very bestest center defenders ever :proud:

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i dunno wat maldini said. all i know is that silvio+baresi are probly 2 biggest factors in milan history along w/ maldini.

don't see anything wrong with wat baresi is saying. b patient my friend :)

Patience is a virtue. Like always, would I like to see milan go crazy on market. Sure. I stilll think it's ludicrous people call for Silvio's head....

I don't think people understand what bad ownership is till he actually would leave. The stability he's given milan over 25 years, the culture he's created. Thats what good ownership does. It's not just about money... i don't care to see some guy just come in and suck the soul out of milan. Even if it means less trophies. There are more important things. It's those little things that probably made you all fall in love with Milan. Maybe the football brought you at first, but it was the little intricacies, that distinguish milan, that made you think Milan was different and made you a fan.

things like gold font ;)

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
please no hate in baresi thread only <3

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
i initially didnt like the way Baresi said that we need to have patience, besides so much has been invested...to me that had a slight hint of no big signings in it. but on the other hand it could actually mean that this time, they are trying to be specific in their investments? rather than have panic buys you know. maybe they are really working out the intricacies of the coach and his ideas and what he wants and stuff, plus working out which players are leaving and which are staying and what to do from that point. the main concern of course being how to start back being really really competitive again. i want to believe that Baresi is right. but when you're on the outside looking in, things seem so different and difficult to believe....:rolleyes:

@ Senatore...Gold Font was awesome. i wouldnt mind seeing it on the new kit.

:star:I'm never happy:star:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baresi is saying we had similar slump in mid 90s and berlu rescued us, we had far bigger problems before him and berlu saved us, so as on a personal level baresi know berlu more and he is asking us to have more patience .

i am sure Baresis love for milan >>>>>>>>>>>>all you noobs

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Patience is a virtue. Like always, would I like to see milan go crazy on market. Sure. I stilll think it's ludicrous people call for Silvio's head....

I don't think people understand what bad ownership is till he actually would leave. The stability he's given milan over 25 years, the culture he's created. Thats what good ownership does. It's not just about money... i don't care to see some guy just come in and suck the soul out of milan. Even if it means less trophies. There are more important things. It's those little things that probably made you all fall in love with Milan. Maybe the football brought you at first, but it was the little intricacies, that distinguish milan, that made you think Milan was different and made you a fan.

things like gold font ;)

exactly! :star:
all about the gold font

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

things like gold font ;)
Soul out of Milan??
Hmmm like Maldini's shit farewell?
Like selling our heroes? (kaka and $heva) I mean damn we allow other FAR worse players to stay here till they rot and disintegrate how about those guys?
Booting out Carlo after he did so well and all he wanted was someone that isn't complete shit out wide?
Ditto for Leo whom he took great pains to shit on?

Seriously nobody disputes what Berlu has done for Milan but let's not forget that only he has the power to damage us like that too. And don't talk shit about Milan fans not being patient. I posted everywhere that If Inter wins th next fey years I wouldn't mind because we need a challenge.

What many including myself are upset about is LACK OF TRYING TO BE SUCCESSFUL. This is something NO BIG club does....nobody resigns hmself to mediocrity PRESEASON :rolleyes::head::mad:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldinis farewells -> it was some ungrateful fans

sellling heroes, lol sheva if you dont know what happened then you shouldnt even discuss about milan
kaka was a bad choice but money grabbing fuck wont take a wage cut, dinho :proud: :proud:

this is franco baresi thread please discuss about current affairs in some other thread

thanks you

4:19 :proud: another true lover of milan :proud:
Baresiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Franco Baresi example of responsibility 06/01/2010

Franco Baresi example of responsibility

06/01/2010 21:15 by Francesco Quintavalle
Source: ilsecoloxix. ilsole24ore.com

57a3f52881159b6ce80ae25f4d5764ac-03225-1275400684.jpeg

© photo of James Morini

Genoa-Milan and Milan-Genoa, the "path" to return to a live football match is possible? Cosimo Spagnolo, in an interview to the nineteenth century before the last Genoa-AC Milan, played behind closed doors, he said: "No to violence, we give a lesson in civility and, if so needed, I would also stage" for that game that 15 years is never going to see more. Friday meeting of supporters of the fan on the card genoani theme was repeated by the president of a club. Enrico Preziosi said yesterday: "What he left Genoa-Milan? To me two things in particular. The memory is sacred: I know all genoani. But it is true, in these 15 years has not been done for nothing approach, understand and overcome. No, we did not. I hope, indeed I would, there is the possibility to start doing it now. " Preziosi's words are important. Calling all (football and no institutions, from Milan to Genoa) to an acceptance of responsibility. Valuable Ideally words can be linked to those of Franco Baresi, Milan captain that tragic January 29, 1995. Precious, it should be remembered, did not know what he had said a fortnight ago in Sampierdarena Baresi, after the 'initiative of the local football clubs, football schools in the twinning of training first as people and as players of the boys. He had not stolen the theme that the former captain of AC Milan, this Jan. 29, spoke to supporters in the hours after the tragic murder of 'Spagnolo'. At the microphone Radio19-Il Secolo XIX significant things that had to build the "path" that could reopen after 15 years. "I do not have to go for half the fans, the last time I could not watch the game was a bad thing. We must be the will of all. If after 15 years it is still this is a defeat for all" . Baresi that day spoke to the fans. "It was right to do so. I think everyone, beyond that I can or can not do something, to do something. I think it should be a desire for all fans of AC Milan and Genoa. The pain and anger are still very popular. "It 's clear that the pain and bitterness there may be, the pain should be respected, but it is also clear that we must look forward, we must be good to understand, to be able to reconcile even pain, but we have this strength. " Captain off the court throws important signals in the hope that organs competetenti collect them properly.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
maldinis farewells -> it was some ungrateful fans

sellling heroes, lol sheva if you dont know what happened then you shouldnt even discuss about milan
kaka was a bad choice but money grabbing fuck wont take a wage cut, dinho :proud: :proud:

this is franco baresi thread please discuss about current affairs in some other thread

thanks you

4:19 :proud: another true lover of milan :proud:
Baresiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Thanks Ash, The Legend's Memory will always remain! :star:

Reaction score
Official Franco Baresi Website

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that along with Franco and his UK agents, I'm happy to announce the launch of his official website www.francobaresi6.com.

The site contains career and profile info, plus the chance to buy exclusive merchandise signed by Franco.

The site is also in the process of being completed in Italian so as soon as that's done I'll let you know.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Franco Baresi, 'I think it's important for our fans have a place of reference'. 03/07

Franco Baresi said of the opening of the new Milan Megastore

MILAN - As always smiling and helpful, Franco Baresi said of the opening of the new Milan Megastore: "I am pleased to present this opening Megastore.

I think it's important for our fans have a place where you can find reference to wear our colors and have the opportunity to find all types of gadgets.

Thanks for the great affection and great enthusiasm for the Milan show always for the team, and our colors.

It 's the first time I visit this location: a beautiful, large, on two floors. There is everything a fan could wish for AC Milan!
"

:star:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Cause watching today's final I was reminded that they don't make them like this anymore

With his knee injured, just 20 days before, this was an epic performance:star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
woman above me
EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC!

001qn.jpg

Claudia is the champion of the forum :star:
caps lock

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Cause watching today's final I was reminded that they don't make them like this anymore

With his knee injured, just 20 days before, this was an epic performance:star:

And people don't understand why some blame Spain more than Brazil and Italy.

This is a real World Cup final.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

How to beat Baresi, Maldini and Costacurta scoring 3 goals. By Telê Santana and São Paulo.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
About the back four of Gli Immortali:

At Milan, Arrigo Sacchi got fed up of players moaning about his obsession with team shape, and so proved its worth with a simple drill. "I convinced [Ruud] Gullit and [Marco] Van Basten by telling them that five organised players would beat 10 disorganised ones," he said. "And I proved it to them. I took five players: Giovanni Galli in goal, [Mauro] Tassotti, [Paolo] Maldini, [Alesandro] Costacurta and [Franco] Baresi. They had 10 players: Gullit, Van Basten, [Frank] Rijkaard, [Pietro Paolo] Virdis, [Alberigo] Evani, [Carlo] Ancelotti, [Angelo] Colombo, [Roberto] Donadoni, [Christian] Lantignotti and [Graziano] Mannari. They had 15 minutes to score against my five players, the only rule was that if we won possession or they lost the ball, they had to start over from 10 metres inside their own half. I did this all the time and they never scored. Not once."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/may/12/the-question-important-possession

South Americans have always cared more about those Toyota Cups and whatnot(Berlu's propaganda aside). What's the story behind that?

This "I don't care thing" is a myth. Galliani said in 2007 that the FIFA Club World Cup was among Milan's priorities.

This cup was invented by Real Madrid, who wanted to put face-to-face the two biggest continental champions of the world. Europeans always play it to win.

Sure, for the supporters, this competition doesn't have much glamour but it doesn't mean a thing.

The truth is that most of the supporters nowadays only care about the fashionable players that they use to play with in games such as FIFA, Pro Evolution Soccer and Football Manager or at least have great propaganda beside them. Players like Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaká, Ronaldinho... that's what really matter to them. That's just ignorance and only tell about the ones who watches football because of the glamour.

Among many great players, this São Paulo had Leonardo and Cafú, that would turn out to be Milan's idols.

In 2001 São Paulo had Kaká, Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista and Fábio Simplício (that made very good seasons by Palermo). If we had won the Libertadores there would be some people saying "I don't care about them, what they are? A bunch of useless south-americans". And now everyone would be sucking their balls without knowing about their past.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This "I don't care thing" is a myth. Galliani said in 2007 that the FIFA Club World Cup was among Milan's priorities.
That's Galliani's own ego wanking(propaganda I was referring to). Though eventually playing against Boca(our rival for 'the winningest club in the world) and winning after 2003 was sweeter than average Toyota Cup.

Still European winners declined to play there several times and it wasn't even played on every year because of that.

I couldn't find our poll about our priorities in 2007/08 but I can assure you more than 90 percent said the priorities are Scudetto and/or CL rather than Club World Cup.

T
Among many great players, this São Paulo had Leonardo and Cafú, that would turn out to be Milan's idols.

In 2001 São Paulo had Kaká, Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista and Fábio Simplício (that made very good seasons by Palermo). If we had won the Libertadores there would be some people saying "I don't care about them, what they are? A bunch of useless south-americans". And now everyone would be sucking their balls without knowing about their past.
I remember Kaka and Cafu both saying 'We South-Americans care more about this cup.'

I don't sugget that someone goes there to loose and when you go it's about honour to win it as well. But CL is still way more prestigues than that. I would assume it is the same when it comes to Libertadoes, am I right? I mean a one-game-cup(or nowadays CWC) can't be bigger than a real competition. And seasons are defined a success/faliure by local League or CL not CWC.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's Galliani's own ego wanking(propaganda I was referring to). Though eventually playing against Boca(our rival for 'the winningest club in the world) and winning after 2003 was sweeter than average Toyota Cup.

Still European winners declined to play there several times and it wasn't even played on every year because of that.

I couldn't find our poll about our priorities in 2007/08 but I can assure you more than 90 percent said the priorities are Scudetto and/or CL rather than Club World Cup.

I remember Kaka and Cafu both saying 'We South-Americans care more about this cup.'

I don't sugget that someone goes there to loose and when you go it's about honour to win it as well. But CL is still way more prestigues than that. I would assume it is the same when it comes to Libertadoes, am I right? I mean a one-game-cup(or nowadays CWC) can't be bigger than a real competition. And seasons are defined a success/faliure by local League or CL not CWC.

Galliani said that because he's old enough to see the real value of this competition. It started to lose the prestige between the supporters when football became more glamourized.

Kaká and Cafú said that as supporters and they're right. While the europeans supporters see this competition as "we're gonna easily win a third world club" the south-americans see as "we're gonna kick their rich ass and piss on their money".

The reason why the europeans declined to play was because of the violence abuse of uruguaians and argentineans that injuried some european players very seriously. I actually read some years ago that a player died or had his career ended during this cup and I think this game was from Milan. This violence also gave problems to the brazilians teams all long the years.

All years that a brazilian team won Libertadores this competition happened because we were more peaceful.

There was a time that brazilians cared more about the national championship than the Libertadores. Then São Paulo won it 2 times in a row following by beating Stoichkov's Barcelona and Baresi's Milan in the end of those years and the brazilians became more excited about it.

I agree with you. It's always more exciting to win a competition where you follow your team since the group stages until the final game. But I don't think we can compare the level of importance because first the teams gotta win the continent and then win the world. These competitions are linked, not separated and that's why it's not right to compare.

In the end, it's all about glamour.

I mean, what league people think it's more important, EPL or Bundesleague? Then the World Cup starts with everyone hoping to see Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard and they end up getting impressed with Bastian, Ozil and Muller.

People should stop to compare such things and just enjoy it.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
About the back four of Gli Immortali:

At Milan, Arrigo Sacchi got fed up of players moaning about his obsession with team shape, and so proved its worth with a simple drill. "I convinced [Ruud] Gullit and [Marco] Van Basten by telling them that five organised players would beat 10 disorganised ones," he said. "And I proved it to them. I took five players: Giovanni Galli in goal, [Mauro] Tassotti, [Paolo] Maldini, [Alesandro] Costacurta and [Franco] Baresi. They had 10 players: Gullit, Van Basten, [Frank] Rijkaard, [Pietro Paolo] Virdis, [Alberigo] Evani, [Carlo] Ancelotti, [Angelo] Colombo, [Roberto] Donadoni, [Christian] Lantignotti and [Graziano] Mannari. They had 15 minutes to score against my five players, the only rule was that if we won possession or they lost the ball, they had to start over from 10 metres inside their own half. I did this all the time and they never scored. Not once."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/may/12/the-question-important-possession

Amazing stuff.

I remember Baresi talking about this history in an interview for a spanish press some time ago.

Sacchi will be my new avatar.

Edit: lol, it's all on the second page of this thread

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká and Cafú said that as supporters and they're right. While the europeans supporters see this competition as "we're gonna easily win a third world club" the south-americans see as "we're gonna kick their rich ass and piss on their money".

Ironic.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edit: lol, it's all on the second page of this thread
Yeah, and the video is on the first page :D Least it's translated now.