The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 22-01-2021, 19:23   #11981
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
How is Gabbia's recovery going?

If it's not going as predicted then this 6 month loan would make sense.
Otherwise it doesn't.

6 month trial, 28m buyout clause for a kid who is new to Italy, when we have two clear starters and an additional 3 CBs who are at least backup quality.
It's strange.

You might not rate Romagnoli, but he's not going to lose his spot anytime soon.
I pretty much fully agree with you.

We have Romagnoli and Kjaer as starters, Kalulu, Gabbia, Musacchio and Tomori behind them (I have put them in order of likelihood to play at CB if pushed).

Does he play enough to use that option? I highly doubt it, and that's ignoring how big the fee actually is.

My prediction is that he's cover for 6 months, but even then I don't really see him being required much.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:24   #11982
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Something in me wants to keep seeing Kalulu as CB. The guy is savage. I don't understand the Gabbia fetish, to me he's a good sub and that's it. Zapata role.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:25   #11983
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori on loan from Chelsea FC until the end of the season. The defender has signed a contract until June 30, 2021, but AC Milan have an option to make the deal permanent.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Semi-Retired
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:27   #11984
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Fikayo could be the real deal, but I'm not sure he will get enough time to settle and prove he's worth 28m even if he gets all of Gabbia's and Kalulu's minutes.
He'll probably start all the EL games and we should aim to go far in that competition, and our starting CBs have been very injury prone in this hectic season so they might want to start resting them every now and then. He will definitely find minutes to prove himself, but at the expense of Gabbia and Kalulu at CB. We sold Conti so Kalulu is now the first alternative at RB anyway.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:30   #11985
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
I pretty much fully agree with you.

We have Romagnoli and Kjaer as starters, Kalulu, Gabbia, Musacchio and Tomori behind them (I have put them in order of likelihood to play at CB if pushed).

Does he play enough to use that option? I highly doubt it, and that's ignoring how big the fee actually is.

My prediction is that he's cover for 6 months, but even then I don't really see him being required much.
Are people going mad today?! First Hauge better than Rebic and now this?

Musacchio, Gabbia and Kalulu the RB ahead of a CB that's played for the English NT, has been seen as one of the brightest prospects defensively in the Premier League and that we accepted a 30m option on? He's DEFINITELY going to be the first option of the bench. Gabbia is still a primavera level player and he wasn't supposed to be rushed into action this season the way he was. Kalulu is a RB. Musacchio is basically a training cone right now.

Tomori is not here to fill out the numbers, this is an audition to see if he's the real deal.
Old 22-01-2021, 19:31   #11986
Bird
I AM the word

Quote:
AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori on loan from Chelsea FC until the end of the season. The defender has signed a contract until June 30, 2021, but AC Milan have an option to make the deal permanent.

That looks like a cougar.
They should've chosen a cheetah.

Last edited by Bird; 22-01-2021 at 19:34.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:32   #11987
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post

Musacchio, Gabbia and Kalulu the RB ahead of a CB that's played for the English NT, has been seen as one of the brightest prospects defensively in the Premier League and that we accepted a 30m option on? He's DEFINITELY going to be the first option of the bench. Gabbia is still a primavera level player and he wasn't supposed to be rushed into action this season the way he was. Kalulu is a RB. Musacchio is basically a training cone right now.

Tomori is not here to fill out the numbers, this is an audition to see if he's the real deal.
Argument this. He played one game after injury and played well.

Signature
Quote:

Old 22-01-2021, 19:34   #11988
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Isn't it awesome that we're arguing over the CB rotation and can't even agree on the order?

Signature
Quote:

Old 22-01-2021, 19:34   #11989
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
Argument this. He played one game after injury and played well.
Who? Tomori? I wouldn't act like i've seen much of him but there are all the signals that this is another Maldini masterpiece. He got a player that's having unexpected problems at his club, that had his progress stalled by bad decisions by his coach and Maldini pounced. He was scouted by us for a long time and he fits the profile of what we're looking for EXACTLY.

Reminds me of how we got Theo, to be honest. I'm really excited about this and have a feeling Tomori can be something special. If he's not, then we lose nothing and can try again for Simakan, or someone else in the summer. Maldini has been after a fast, strong and aggressive CB for almost a year and half now. He finally has someone he wanted.
Old 22-01-2021, 19:35   #11990
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

As I have always said its very odd the noise made about getting a new CB - way too much for 5th choice or even 3rd choice in my opinion.

I have been totally put off by Romagnoli the entire season but I dont expect him to lose his spot. I keep thinking this move is for the long-term and dont know if that is successor to Kjaer or the club moving away from the captain.

If its only a 6 month loan then as I said they may extend or renew if they like him or try again on another option come summer.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:36   #11991
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Who? Tomori? I wouldn't act like i've seen much of him but there are all the signals that this is another Maldini masterpiece. He got a player that's having unexpected problems at his club, that had his progress stalled by bad decisions by his coach and Maldini pounced. He was scouted by us for a long time and he fits the profile of what we're looking for EXACTLY.

Reminds me of how we got Theo, to be honest. I'm really excited about this and have a feeling Tomori can be something special. If he's not, then we lose nothing and can try again for Simakan, or someone else in the summer. Maldini has been after a fast, strong and aggressive CB for almost a year and half now. He finally has someone he wanted.
I had the part in bold I do like Tomori.

Signature
Quote:

Old 22-01-2021, 19:38   #11992
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Tomori training DAILY playing just six games during a period of six months will give Maldini a much more understanding about him than six years of scouting from afar.

How the above statement isnt clear for everyone is beyond me.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:39   #11993
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:

You are underrating Gabbia.

Signature
Quote:
Semi-Retired
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:39   #11994
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
I had the part in bold I do like Tomori.
Musacchio didn't even have a picture for when he was subbed. They had to photoshop him onto Krunic. He was frozen out this year, for whatever reason. We had a crisis and they brought him back, but he's still not being relied upon. Doesn't matter if he's good or not, the club tried to push him out.
Old 22-01-2021, 19:39   #11995
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

That's what I'm talking about @Vulture

Signature
Quote:

Old 22-01-2021, 19:40   #11996
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
As I have always said its very odd the noise made about getting a new CB - way too much for 5th choice or even 3rd choice in my opinion.

I have been totally put off by Romagnoli the entire season but I dont expect him to lose his spot. I keep thinking this move is for the long-term and dont know if that is successor to Kjaer or the club moving away from the captain.

If its only a 6 month loan then as I said they may extend or renew if they like him or try again on another option come summer.
lets see what gonna happen when romag will ask for 5millions + bonuses contract

Signature

Pioli: "Can Tomori stop Lukaku? He is doing well, he has different characteristics from the others. But for technical and physical characteristics, Tomori is better at playing against Lautaro or Sanchez, he's fast but not that powerful to counter such attackers. He is intelligent, I'm happy with his performances.

positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna?, krunic, rebic, hakan, theo?

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:40   #11997
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Musacchio didn't even have a picture for when he was subbed. They had to photoshop him onto Krunic. He was frozen out this year, for whatever reason. We had a crisis and they brought him back, but he's still not being relied upon. Doesn't matter if he's good or not, the club tried to push him out.
they did, but he's still here

Signature
Quote:

Old 22-01-2021, 19:40   #11998
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
You are underrating Gabbia.
Maybe, but I like my defenders aggressive and able to bully attackers. Gabbia is just too soft right now. Needs to build more muscle and be more ruthless.
Old 22-01-2021, 19:41   #11999
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottore Joey View Post
Milan - Atalanta 1-2

You need to be slapped for this dottore
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:41   #12000
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
That looks like a cougar.
They should've chosen a cheetah.

Seems like a lion to me or a lioness to be exact.
Agree about cheetah.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote