The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
How is Gabbia's recovery going?

If it's not going as predicted then this 6 month loan would make sense.
Otherwise it doesn't.

6 month trial, 28m buyout clause for a kid who is new to Italy, when we have two clear starters and an additional 3 CBs who are at least backup quality.
It's strange.

You
might not rate Romagnoli, but he's not going to lose his spot anytime soon.

who?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Otherwise it doesn't.

6 month trial, 28m buyout clause for a kid who is new to Italy, when we have two clear starters and an additional 3 CBs who are at least backup quality.
It's strange.

You might not rate Romagnoli, but he's not going to lose his spot anytime soon.

If Otavio is signed as Diaz 2.0 and we find another LB in Dalots place, we very well might exercise all options.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Otavio is signed as Diaz 2.0 and we find another LB in Dalots place, we very well might exercise all options.

Fikayo could be the real deal, but I'm not sure he will get enough time to settle and prove he's worth 28m even if he gets all of Gabbia's and Kalulu's minutes.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Otherwise it doesn't.

It's strange.

I don?t expect Gabbia to return before 10 February.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Fikayo could be the real deal, but I'm not sure he will get enough time to settle and prove he's worth 28m even if he gets all of Gabbia's and Kalulu's minutes.

I think this was a planned loan/signing regardless of gabbias situation..Maldini said they were after tomori last summer as well, if he's just a filler for gabboa, they'd opt for a more experienced cb for 6 months imo

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Pioli: ?Tomori? I've only seen him on video. But the impressions are positive.?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
EsWqdjMXcAAak0W

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He can however show his worth as 2nd/3rd choice (10+ games), even in a short time as 6 months to warrant the 30M price tag, but that would mean gambling on him and taking precious time away from Gabbia and Kalulu, time I'd rather see spent on equally promising players that we, you know, already have for free...

Kalulu is a right back. Gabbia is injured and he's not that good and probably won't be good enough to start for Milan. You might disagree, but I think we'll find that Tomori was brought in as the first CB sub and will find a lot of minutes.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Otherwise it doesn't.

It's strange.

I pretty much fully agree with you.

We have Romagnoli and Kjaer as starters, Kalulu, Gabbia, Musacchio and Tomori behind them (I have put them in order of likelihood to play at CB if pushed).

Does he play enough to use that option? I highly doubt it, and that's ignoring how big the fee actually is.

My prediction is that he's cover for 6 months, but even then I don't really see him being required much.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Something in me wants to keep seeing Kalulu as CB. The guy is savage. I don't understand the Gabbia fetish, to me he's a good sub and that's it. Zapata role.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori on loan from Chelsea FC until the end of the season. The defender has signed a contract until June 30, 2021, but AC Milan have an option to make the deal permanent.

EsWqdjMXcAAak0W.jpg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He'll probably start all the EL games and we should aim to go far in that competition, and our starting CBs have been very injury prone in this hectic season so they might want to start resting them every now and then. He will definitely find minutes to prove himself, but at the expense of Gabbia and Kalulu at CB. We sold Conti so Kalulu is now the first alternative at RB anyway.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I pretty much fully agree with you.

We have Romagnoli and Kjaer as starters, Kalulu, Gabbia, Musacchio and Tomori behind them (I have put them in order of likelihood to play at CB if pushed).

Does he play enough to use that option? I highly doubt it, and that's ignoring how big the fee actually is.

My prediction is that he's cover for 6 months, but even then I don't really see him being required much.

Are people going mad today?! First Hauge better than Rebic and now this?

Musacchio, Gabbia and Kalulu the RB ahead of a CB that's played for the English NT, has been seen as one of the brightest prospects defensively in the Premier League and that we accepted a 30m option on? He's DEFINITELY going to be the first option of the bench. Gabbia is still a primavera level player and he wasn't supposed to be rushed into action this season the way he was. Kalulu is a RB. Musacchio is basically a training cone right now.

Tomori is not here to fill out the numbers, this is an audition to see if he's the real deal.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori on loan from Chelsea FC until the end of the season. The defender has signed a contract until June 30, 2021, but AC Milan have an option to make the deal permanent.

EsWqdjMXcAAak0W.jpg

That looks like a cougar.
They should've chosen a cheetah.

esyvv70keq951.jpg

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

Musacchio, Gabbia and Kalulu the RB ahead of a CB that's played for the English NT, has been seen as one of the brightest prospects defensively in the Premier League and that we accepted a 30m option on? He's DEFINITELY going to be the first option of the bench. Gabbia is still a primavera level player and he wasn't supposed to be rushed into action this season the way he was. Kalulu is a RB. Musacchio is basically a training cone right now.

Tomori is not here to fill out the numbers, this is an audition to see if he's the real deal.

Argument this. He played one game after injury and played well.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Isn't it awesome that we're arguing over the CB rotation and can't even agree on the order?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Argument this. He played one game after injury and played well.

Who? Tomori? I wouldn't act like i've seen much of him but there are all the signals that this is another Maldini masterpiece. He got a player that's having unexpected problems at his club, that had his progress stalled by bad decisions by his coach and Maldini pounced. He was scouted by us for a long time and he fits the profile of what we're looking for EXACTLY.

Reminds me of how we got Theo, to be honest. I'm really excited about this and have a feeling Tomori can be something special. If he's not, then we lose nothing and can try again for Simakan, or someone else in the summer. Maldini has been after a fast, strong and aggressive CB for almost a year and half now. He finally has someone he wanted.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
As I have always said its very odd the noise made about getting a new CB - way too much for 5th choice or even 3rd choice in my opinion.

I have been totally put off by Romagnoli the entire season but I dont expect him to lose his spot. I keep thinking this move is for the long-term and dont know if that is successor to Kjaer or the club moving away from the captain.

If its only a 6 month loan then as I said they may extend or renew if they like him or try again on another option come summer.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Who? Tomori? I wouldn't act like i've seen much of him but there are all the signals that this is another Maldini masterpiece. He got a player that's having unexpected problems at his club, that had his progress stalled by bad decisions by his coach and Maldini pounced. He was scouted by us for a long time and he fits the profile of what we're looking for EXACTLY.

Reminds me of how we got Theo, to be honest. I'm really excited about this and have a feeling Tomori can be something special. If he's not, then we lose nothing and can try again for Simakan, or someone else in the summer. Maldini has been after a fast, strong and aggressive CB for almost a year and half now. He finally has someone he wanted.

I had the part in bold :D I do like Tomori.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Tomori training DAILY playing just six games during a period of six months will give Maldini a much more understanding about him than six years of scouting from afar.

How the above statement isnt clear for everyone is beyond me.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

You are underrating Gabbia.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I had the part in bold :D I do like Tomori.

Musacchio didn't even have a picture for when he was subbed. They had to photoshop him onto Krunic. He was frozen out this year, for whatever reason. We had a crisis and they brought him back, but he's still not being relied upon. Doesn't matter if he's good or not, the club tried to push him out.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
As I have always said its very odd the noise made about getting a new CB - way too much for 5th choice or even 3rd choice in my opinion.

I have been totally put off by Romagnoli the entire season but I dont expect him to lose his spot. I keep thinking this move is for the long-term and dont know if that is successor to Kjaer or the club moving away from the captain.

If its only a 6 month loan then as I said they may extend or renew if they like him or try again on another option come summer.

lets see what gonna happen when romag will ask for 5millions + bonuses contract

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Musacchio didn't even have a picture for when he was subbed. They had to photoshop him onto Krunic. He was frozen out this year, for whatever reason. We had a crisis and they brought him back, but he's still not being relied upon. Doesn't matter if he's good or not, the club tried to push him out.

they did, but he's still here :)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are underrating Gabbia.

Maybe, but I like my defenders aggressive and able to bully attackers. Gabbia is just too soft right now. Needs to build more muscle and be more ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.