The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 22-01-2021, 20:11   #12021
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Kalulu looked great at CB because we play in a way that rewards fast, aggressive defenders. Imagine what a real CB can do. Not to take anything away from Kalulu, he's excellent and will be a great RB, but I just feel like there's a reason Maldini has been obsessed by this profile of defender for 18 months now. We haven't had one until now.

Hoping for the best

And if we pay that fee too that would also be a comfort to know we just arent "begging" all the time.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:13   #12022
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
So many black players in our team now
I feel home
You've always been home bro. Sorry for losing my shit in the match thread a few weeks back.

Signature
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:13   #12023
Phantomx
Only Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Imagine playing Kalu-Tomori
Overdose of speed in slow mo seriea
Serie A is not slow anymore

Signature
Un sogno Per Alcuni…Un incubo Per Altri

Phantomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:15   #12024
brk
AC Milan Legend

We have the level of squad depth now that makes me feel confident about competing with Inter and Juve right to the end of the season and not worry about us having to play three competitions.

We can rotate every outfield player (maybe except Theo) and not have a major drop in quality.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:16   #12025
taura
Attaccareeee

Shaarawy back to Roma on a half year loan, reported by Di Marzio.

@NicoSchira
Background Andrea #Conti : release clause added from € 10M (payable in 3 years) and which is activated from summer 2021. Five-year contract from € 2.1M net per season with #Parma for the right back. To #ACMilan they will go € 7M in case of salvation (obligation).#calciomercato
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:16   #12026
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Imagine playing Kalu-Tomori
Overdose of speed in slow mo seriea
Defending is not just about speed. Actually it's not that important for central defense, sure it's awesome if you have it, but not that necessary. Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Thuram, Baresi.. none were that fast. Even relevant in today's age, for example Van Dijk is not that fast. Don't get swept up in the modern way of thinking that all that matters is speed. This is also a game of tactics and positioning. Gotta have the right blend to be a truly top CB. That being said, I think Kalulu is going to be a very composed CB as he continues to develop and I do have high hopes for Tomori. Let's watch and see

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE

Last edited by Savo; 22-01-2021 at 20:19.
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:17   #12027
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
We have the level of squad depth now that makes me feel confident about competing with Inter and Juve right to the end of the season and not worry about us having to play three competitions.

We can rotate every outfield player (maybe except Theo) and not have a major drop in quality.
And for years to come

Juve is in a Galliani like decline and Inter should implode.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:20   #12028
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Defending is not just about speed. Actually it's not that important for central defense, sure it's awesome if you have it, but not that necessary. Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Thuram, Baresi.. none were that fast. Even relevant in today's age, for example Van Dijk is not that fast. Don't get swept up in the modern way of thinking that all that matters is speed. This is also a game of tactics and positioning. Gotta have the right blend to be a truly top CB. That being said, I think Kalulu is going to be a very composed CB as he continues to develop and I do have high hopes for Tomori. Let's watch and see
Nesta was one of the fastest players in our squad at his prime. The thing about speed in the way we play is you need it for two scenarios that happen a lot with us:

1. We aggressively press attackers very deep into their half. Sometimes you'll notice Romagnoli or Kjaer push all the way up the halfway line to press against an attacker, either to try and foul them to stop a counter, or if possible clear the ball. A faster defender will be more confident in doing this.
2. We push up really high when we press, and if a team manages to break our press and turn into a quick attack, our defenders are now running back to defend. This is Romagnoli's glaring weakness. A fast defender has much longer coverage and is able to cut out most counters before they reach a critical point.

For teams that defend low, you're right, speed isn't important. But for teams that press high, or want to defend aggressively like we do, then it's really important.

Last edited by brk; 22-01-2021 at 20:24.
Old 22-01-2021, 20:24   #12029
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
True - but Baresi was quick and used his positioning and knowledge more than strength. Thuram was fast as well, very fast iirc but yes positioning, anticipation and the ability to cleanly tackle would be the most important.

But when you have speed you have prime Thiago Silva which was just erased all threats

I really liked the video of the kid we were looking at that got hurt (gee forgot his name already now that Tomori is here ). His tackling compilation was some immaculate stuff. When you couple that with his physical ability its no wonder we were after him.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:24   #12030
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
And for years to come
Several of these players are only at the very start of illustrious careers. We will live to see great things my friend.

Signature
Old 22-01-2021, 20:26   #12031
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Several of these players are only at the very start of illustrious careers. We will live to see great things my friend.
God willing, we?ve waited so long.

I enjoy each day and every match with this squad and I?m grateful.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:26   #12032
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Quote:
Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Thuram, Baresi..
Not to belittle the rest of your post which I find to be mostly correct, but all these defenders were actually exceptionally quick. Especially Nesta and Stam.

Signature
Old 22-01-2021, 20:27   #12033
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
And for years to come

Please do not mention Galliani ever again.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:28   #12034
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Semi-Retired
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:30   #12035
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post

They ironed the shirt this time.
Old 22-01-2021, 20:31   #12036
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
How is Gabbia's recovery going?

If it's not going as predicted then this 6 month loan would make sense.
Otherwise it doesn't.

6 month trial, 28m buyout clause for a kid who is new to Italy, when we have two clear starters and an additional 3 CBs who are at least backup quality.
It's strange.

You might not rate Romagnoli, but he's not going to lose his spot anytime soon.
i think that the frantic search for a CB we have been on even though numerically and even quality wise (Gabbia & Kalulu have shown to be reliable + Musacchio and Duarte) we were covered ... clearly means they're looking for a "very soon to be starter" to replace specifically Romagnoli...not a 3rd 4th 5th option...soooo many things that makes this obvious.

obviously it's not going to be this season ... but yea, Tomori is Auditioning for the role.
he'll have a few starts mainly with Kjaer to determine if besides his natural strengths, which Maldini (we) deem perfect for our game, his weakness (heading, tactical awareness) arent too bad to negate his strentghs or if he has what it takes to improve.

Signature
If we win 2020-2021, we'll win 2021-2022
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:36   #12037
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
They ironed the shirt this time.

lol, they probably read the comments from Meite's

Signature
Old 22-01-2021, 20:39   #12038
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Please do not mention Galliani ever again.

Galliani is like that uncle that loves you more than his brother, your father (berlusconi)
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 20:39   #12039
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
And for years to come

quite similar but they still have revenue stream to chose to change direction ... with Galliani it was stupid decision on top of no money ... but i think they're oblivious to it ... so they'll keep going in that same direction...

Signature
Old 22-01-2021, 20:42   #12040
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
You've always been home bro. Sorry for losing my shit in the match thread a few weeks back.

Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote