The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:48   #1
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu
Default Matias Silvestre Thread

Can't believe there isn't a thread for him yet. So here it goes. Nesta/Yepes replacement to come?

Quote:
It’s reported Milan and Genoa could combine forces again on the transfer market to bring in Matias Silvestre from Catania.
The two clubs famously banded together to sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Portsmouth last summer, plus exchanged numerous players in loan and co-ownership deals.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, they will also go into a co-ownership deal to sign defender Silvestre for €8m.

Catania have confirmed the Argentine is on his way out of Sicily this summer to seek a bigger club.

As Milan already have Philippe Mexes coming in on a free transfer from Roma, there is no real room for Silvestre.

Instead, they would leave the 27-year-old at Genoa for one season to gain more experience.

This system would see Silvestre then drafted in to replace Alessandro Nesta when he retires next year.
http://football-italia.net/jul9t.html
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:53   #2
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
Can't believe there isn't a thread for him yet. So here it goes. Nesta/Yepes replacement to come?

http://football-italia.net/jul9t.html
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:54   #3
benjamin
李勇鸿

Full name: Matías Agustín Silvestre
Date of birth: 25 September 1984
Place of birth: Mercedes, Argentina
Height: 1.84*m (6*ft *1⁄2*in)
Playing position: Defender

Captain of Catania, played for Boca Juniors before. Holds an Italian passport.
Old 12-07-2011, 17:12   #4
benjamin
李勇鸿

Goal scoring defender. Him + Mexes + Thiago = 10 goals a season

He had 6 last season.

Old 12-07-2011, 17:21   #5
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I like him. Actually after seeing how well Yepes adjusted to allegri's system, Silvestri could be a real coup. He compliments Thiago IMO and is key to catania.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:35   #6
benjamin
李勇鸿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I like him. Actually after seeing how well Yepes adjusted to allegri's system, Silvestri could be a real coup. He compliments Thiago IMO and is key to catania.
signing him through the genoa deal will really work out for us. paying a few million on top of the 8m genoa has to pay would be better than paying 20m if milan tries to sign him themselves. staying another year at genoa gives him playing time, yet buys time for us till yepes or nesta retires
Old 12-07-2011, 17:38   #7
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
signing him through the genoa deal will really work out for us. paying a few million on top of the 8m genoa has to pay would be better than paying 20m if milan tries to sign him themselves. staying another year at genoa gives him playing time, yet buys time for us till yepes or nesta retires
that's the idea. I think he'd be free next summer but Inter and Jube are interested, so Milan have to make a move for him this summer (hence the genoa co-own deal).

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 12-07-2011, 17:40   #8
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Instead, they would leave the 27-year-old at Genoa for one season to gain more experience.
thats crazy

I like Silvestre a lot btw, since his Boca years. He was more of a ball breaker and physical player at the time - Daniel Diaz was the leader of the defense. Now he seems to be evolved to a much more complete and tactical player (and he is captain).

On a side note, I don't get why Italian clubs missed Lugano. He is better than all those South American central defenders.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:41   #9
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Quote:
Do you know the exact figures of the deal?

Because i think this time we will help Genoa out and not the usual way around. I think we will pay the majority and also send him there as a token of our appreciation/also the bit they contribute to and then take him on next season post Nesta/Yepes. Its all for our best interest in terms of the player but dont have the required space atm.

I could be wrong though...
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:59   #10
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
thats crazy

I like Silvestre a lot btw, since his Boca years. He was more of a ball breaker and physical player at the time - Daniel Diaz was the leader of the defense. Now he seems to be evolved to a much more complete and tactical player (and he is captain).

On a side note, I don't get why Italian clubs missed Lugano. He is better than all those South American central defenders.
galatasaray are richer than most italian clubs, thats why. lol

But yeah, i'm surprised he didn't make a move a few years ago. Quality quality defender.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 12-07-2011, 18:15   #11
benjamin
李勇鸿

Have not seen any detailed reports yet.

I feel that 15m should seal the deal for him. And it should happen before our Champion signing in August.
Old 12-07-2011, 18:16   #12
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Have not seen any detailed reports yet.

I feel that 15m should seal the deal for him. And it should happen before our Champion signing in August.
catania are quoted at wanting 8 mil total

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 12-07-2011, 18:16   #13
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
thats crazy

I thought the same of Lugano when we signed Gooch; however, then was the world cup and his level was very low. In the WC, Godin, who struggled big time for Villareal, was the anchor of Uruguay's defense.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:18   #14
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
galatasaray are richer than most italian clubs, thats why. lol

But yeah, i'm surprised he didn't make a move a few years ago. Quality quality defender.
He could have signed when he left São Paulo, Fener paid 7 M for him. Even Milan was linked with him at the time. And in 2009 he was free to leave, but none make a deal for him (Roma was close to him though), so he renewed.
Old 12-07-2011, 18:20   #15
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
I thought the same of Lugano when we signed Gooch; however, then was the world cup and his level was very low. In the WC, Godin, who struggled big time for Villareal, was the anchor of Uruguay's defense.
Really? Maybe Godín was better, but he was very good in WC in my opinion...
Old 12-07-2011, 18:20   #16
Ash
Swag Maestro

I am kinda wary about signing players from Catania. I remember a certain Martinez who was hyped up after having a good season, enough for Juve to splash 12m on him. What a FAIL that turned out to be...
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:25   #17
benjamin
李勇鸿

Quote:
catania are quoted at wanting 8 mil total
I mean like overall, because that's the price quoted to Genoa. And we obviously have to pay them for helping us, just like the Boateng deal. They bought Boateng for 3???, and we paid around 8-10m in the end? It should work out this way.
Old 12-07-2011, 18:27   #18
benjamin
李勇鸿

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
I'm pretty sure we signed Gooch after the confederation cup and not the world cup
Old 12-07-2011, 18:27   #19
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
I mean like overall, because that's the price quoted to Genoa. And we obviously have to pay them for helping us, just like the Boateng deal. They bought Boateng for 3???, and we paid around 8-10m in the end? It should work out this way.
juventus

http://www.espnstar.com/football/ser...for-Silvestre/

Quote:
Catania general director Pietro Lo Monaco reveals talks with Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta have been arranged, but that the club would only accept €8m upfront for his services.
"Matias is without doubt one of the best defenders around in Serie A," Lo Monaco said, according to **********.
"We want €8m for him and are not interested in any special conditions or variables.
"I'll speak with Giuseppe Marotta on Friday to see what they want."

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 12-07-2011, 18:28   #20
benjamin
李勇鸿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I am kinda wary about signing players from Catania. I remember a certain Martinez who was hyped up after having a good season, enough for Juve to splash 12m on him. What a FAIL that turned out to be...
Its okay

Think Juan Manuel Vargas