The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 03-09-2011, 21:27   #201
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

not a good game last night, didnt see much but the US needs to do better

congrats C4M though

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 23:01   #202
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

USA completely dominated ball possession in the first half, and we weren't able to pass the midfield line controlling the ball. Landon and Jozy started off pretty explosive, but the one that was giving us headache was blondginger mullet Shea, and to a certain point Castillo and Rogers. That said, whenever USA got near our box, they never tried a dangerous shot, they prefered to look for a pass or try to I dunno get the ball to the line and then make the goal?

There wasn't much of midfield creativeness, it came down to wingers causing trouble with their pace and then see what Landon adn Jozy could do, but after 20 mins, both of them became completely useless and were caught offside or possession was taken away from them quite easily. Towards the end of the first half CR started having more ball possession and we crossed the line finally, in fact we did the only shot on goal in the first half. Guess it helped our team that we didn't go down in the score by HT.

From the start of the 2nd half till the 75th minute we dominated the game and made USA fall in our game. We made a really good sub, changing one of our strikers (dunno why we played 2 so similar) and chaning one of them for a sort of mezzala (Colindres, MOTM), on top of that our CMs got more comfortable with the ball on their feet (dunno why neither of those 2 were given a chance under Lavolpe, thank god he's gone). Colindres had USA's defense crazy, his pace, his ability, made them alll look slow and clumsy as hell. The other sub that worked was putting in Rodney Wallace, had never played for the NT, but he should feature regularly from now on, really good LB, with an amazing left foot. We had several chances that didn't convert, but our goal was really well executed, and Howard made a fantastic save on Barrantes.

USA on the other hand looked horrible during those minutes. No creation, no ball control, it was like us in the first half.

The last 15 minutes were full of qualifiers like tension, in fact the intensity of the whole game felt very "qualifiers like", but those last minutes, with Bornstein's goal still fresh in our heads were suppperr tense. Agudelo after several minutes of doing nothing in the field, created some chances, specially one in which our keeper made a fantastic save, and so did Torres. Truthfully I was afraid of another Bornstein moment, but we were great defending.

Thing I liked the most? The fight with gingerblondemullet towards the end of the game, it showed what the game really meant for us, despite of it being a friendly, liked our players attitude overall.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 23:08   #203
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I like how brek shea is finally showing himself. Barely 21 he was a big prodigy out of img academy. After initial struggle he's had 2 good years in mls. Hope he moves to europe in january. 21. 6ft3 winger/forward. Physical with good technique. Ill be surprised if he's not in 2014 wc starting 11. He needs to go to europe to continue progressing cause he's shown all he needs in mls (all star )

Seems klinnsman is leaning towards 4231 with landon at cam. I like it if we ge right workrate from wingers defensively. Sadley this could lead to a dempsey drop. Id lean towards shea, landon, robbie rodgers behind agudelo. Edu and bradley in cm. If freddy builds off 2011 gold cup he might challenge landon for his spot. Or we could even go with landon at cf in a faux 9 or dempsey. There's also torres who I like a lot.. just not at cdm.

Nice to see some of younger guys start getting integrated as we've been using same unit basically for 5 years

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 20:48   #204
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Bend it like Gabas (Becks went to congratulate him, ).

Went to the stadium, game was a bit frustrating cause we basically decided to counter attack like headless chickens, while Galaxy wasn't really a threat. Landon looks in terrible form, Becks had issues creating, considering NO ONE moved up front, and our team covered them up well, a to our defensive system. But really the lack of organization in our midfield to distribute the ball had me going crazy, just lots of counter attacks (yes we have players with pace, no point in overdoing it), and a lot of selfishness.

Becks is just a top guy, after the experience with the one with no personality, aka Messi-one that was going to get applauses in here-, watching someone that can do what he wants without asking his team, is refreshing, eventhough all Becks got here was lots of jeers (we loved it when he got pissed, I loved it for different reasons, he looks so passionate about football).

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 22:19   #205
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Interview with Brek Shea-
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Na...a-Q-and-A.aspx

some exerts:
Quote:
thecurseofchris: If you could play on the opposite of any winger, who would it be?

BS: If I could play with any player it would be Ibrahimovic, but if I have to say a winger I would say Arjen Robben. I just like the way he plays and has a dominant left-foot. Ibrahimovic has been my favorite player since I was a kid. He's massive and good with his feet. He's a lot of fun to watch.”

BS: “People have named it a 'faux-hawk' type thing but I don't know. I guess it's a version of a Mohawk, but it doesn't really stick up because it's so long. I just don't like normal haircuts. Since I was a kid I've always done stuff a little different. I'm not really sure why, but I just like to do whatever I'm feeling. There's not much thinking involved.”

He's being rumored to go to City or Liverpool.

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 12-10-2011, 03:49   #206
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

US needs to find a finisher, they showed a lot of good thingsm but not someone to but the ball in the back of the net. I would really like to see Charlie Davis get a call-up soon, he has scored 11 goals in MLS before, and without playing a ton of minutes. I think he deserves another chance now that he is healthy, and think he is a better option that Jozy to be the starting striker until Juan is ready.

I like that Brek Shea is getting time, I think he has big time potential, I would like to see him make a move to Europe to further establish himself.

I though the defense did some good things this match, Gooch looked like he is getting back in form and he moved very well, so I think he has a good chance to regain and hold his spot. I thought that Tim Chandler looked good too, so he might sort out the LB spot for the US and help to solidify the defense. Tim Ream showed some good things, but he lost his mark and was at fault for the goal. does have some talent though. I think at the moment the best backline the US has is Cherundolo--Gooch--Bocanegra--Chandler, which is quite a bit bettr than that have had in a while

Signature
Old 12-10-2011, 22:37   #207
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
US needs to find a finisher, they showed a lot of good thingsm but not someone to but the ball in the back of the net. I would really like to see Charlie Davis get a call-up soon, he has scored 11 goals in MLS before, and without playing a ton of minutes. I think he deserves another chance now that he is healthy, and think he is a better option that Jozy to be the starting striker until Juan is ready.
i'm pretty sure an open try out would find 2-3 better options than Jozy.

but on the real. Wondo!

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 16-10-2011, 02:40   #208
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
i'm pretty sure an open try out would find 2-3 better options than Jozy.

but on the real. Wondo!

I just looked it up, Jozy actually has 7 goals in 11 games in Holland, which isnt too bad at all. It is hard to believe he isnt even 22 yet.

Still would like to see some other players get a chance up top

Signature
Old 15-11-2011, 18:09   #209
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

I think Klinnsman is getting an unfair amount of heat from the media, he is putting a whole new system in and needs to find out which players can fit in, its not like he is dealing with WC players

Signature
Old 15-11-2011, 18:12   #210
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

I hope Klinnsman kicks Landon off the national tema.

I fucking hate him. He might be most talented player but he's a career underachiever.

He has always been too big a pussy to go improve himself in europe, even though he has the ability, and now he only plays 'when he wants to'.

His attitude kills the team. When landon plays 'omg it's landon, omgomgomg'. When he doesn't the team is in poor spirits.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 15-11-2011, 18:18   #211
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I hope Klinnsman kicks Landon off the national tema.

I fucking hate him. He might be most talented player but he's a career underachiever.

He has always been too big a pussy to go improve himself in europe, even though he has the ability, and now he only plays 'when he wants to'.

His attitude kills the team. When landon plays 'omg it's landon, omgomgomg'. When he doesn't the team is in poor spirits.
yeah I have never liked him, he might be the most talented US player ever but never had the mentality to really make it. I think if you take Dempsey's heart (probably my favorite US player) with Donovan's talent you get a much better player

there are some talented young players right now, hopefully they can actually reach their potential.

I think the biggest problem right now is the issues in midfield not really being able to transition from defense to attack

Signature
Old 15-11-2011, 18:27   #212
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
yeah I have never liked him, he might be the most talented US player ever but never had the mentality to really make it. I think if you take Dempsey's heart (probably my favorite US player) with Donovan's talent you get a much better player

there are some talented young players right now, hopefully they can actually reach their potential.

I think the biggest problem right now is the issues in midfield not really being able to transition from defense to attack
Agreed. Clint is awesome.

I'm not sure what's usa's best formation...

i might side with

Agudelo
Dempsey--Adu--Shea
Bradley--EDu
Heart Attack

Except even then, I'm not sure... I hate Dempsey so far from goal.

I might drop Agudelo (save him as a super sub until he matures), but dempsey their and use someone else.

I might try 1 of these 2-

Dempsey
Shea--Adu--Holden/Bedoya
Bradley--Edu
Heart Attack

Then you got Torres

Dempsey
Shea--Torres--Holden/Bedoya
Bradley--Edu
Heart Attack

And of course Klejstan. Wondo deserves shots too. Best MLS player and clinical uptop with skill.

My fav team might be....

Dempsey--Wondo
Shea--Bradley--Edu--Torres
Heart Attack

I think some variation of 4-4-2 will work best for US. I'm not sure if Torres will work wide, but i'd try it. OR maybe a 4-3-3 w/ wondo central, dempsye close

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 15-11-2011, 20:12   #213
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

US looked much better attacking tonight. Hopefully this will get some heat off of Klinsman.

Timmy Chandler is raw but I think he might have a future at LB

Signature
Old 15-11-2011, 22:52   #214
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

I never thought the US had a real coaching problem; Capello or Mourinho can coach them and they still be not that good.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 23:36   #215
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman10 View Post
I never thought the US had a real coaching problem; Capello or Mourinho can coach them and they still be not that good.
For me, the most I hoped to gain from klinnsman was change in development. I don't think he's a special coach, but his criticism towards American federation of USNT were correct.

The way guys like subotic and many other young players are treated and development is a problem if USA ever wants to take next step.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 15-11-2011, 23:47   #216
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
For me, the most I hoped to gain from klinnsman was change in development[/B]. I don't think he's a special coach, but his criticism towards American federation of USNT were correct.

The way guys like subotic and many other young players are treated and development is a problem if USA ever wants to take next step.
This. This is why I think the US will never develop a World Class player until a serious reconstruction is done from AYSO to college.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 04:47   #217
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Keane just got screwed out of the first goal in the MLS final

Signature
Old 21-11-2011, 04:52   #218
milanpalermo23
#IBelieve

Fav. Players: Zlatan, Balotelli, Verratti

-Thiago Motta Goal was offsides.
-Seedorf Goal was onside.
-Osvaldo goal was onside.
-Keane goal was onside.

WTFF Refs.......
milanpalermo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 05:04   #219
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

nice buildup for Donovan's goal

Signature
Old 21-11-2011, 05:06   #220
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

now Donovan gets greedy and doesnt try to pay back the favor to Keane

Signature