Marco Parolo

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
with Flamini out Parolo takes his place. He is a better player than Flams

I love flamini but I dont want an average player to replace him aqua+monty+boa+cassano+urby+robi+bommel+gattuso+(merkel+strasser)+even el shaa

there are numbers but we need a sprakling star in the mid to make it complete, not another good player, may be you are right parola may be an insurance for aqua man but we need to leave some space for mister X.

If parolo can stand with big boys and come cheap lets try it but we need to sell somebody, are you sure its not just italian love talking?
Honestly i dont give a fuck about nationality , who ever is great for milan will have my vote.

Like Raulllllllllllllllllll instead of inzaghi :lol:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
honestly for the cost of about 15 million this year we should be able to get Monty, Parolo, and Aqua (who is on loan)

I think the three of them would really upgrade the midfield a great deal

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
honestly for the cost of about 15 million this year we should be able to get Monty, Parolo, and Aqua (who is on loan)

I think the three of them would really upgrade the midfield a great deal

I kind of agree but i think aqua+monty is fine and lets look for another star, my opinion thats all
maybe urby for parolo and two among gattuso/ambro/seedorf retires, with a sale of flamini or an extension of around 2.5 million/per year

Dont overload team with bench material we already have a lot of them

laxman

Cult of Shevchenko
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Zidane, Pirlo, Kaka, Inzaghi, Cafu, Messi, Xavi, Serginho
+1

Said similar earlier... I cant belive we aren't able to buy a couple of players for 15 million after we were repeatedly told we'd spend money. Did we not have money for Oliviera, money from Borri, saved wages from departing players and lowered wages from re-newed players etc. I cant wait to see what the accounts actually say :rolleyes:

if we have money it makes sense if we splash out on WC players right? (like Cesc) if that didn't work out doesn't mean we have to overpay for players like montolivo or parolo.. i'm sure if we get into a desperate position, G will shell out the money but obviously we are trying to get the best deal as we are doing with Aquilani.. we have an advantage in that the players themselves want to make the move

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if we have money it makes sense if we splash out on WC players right? (like Cesc) if that didn't work out doesn't mean we have to overpay for players like montolivo or parolo.. i'm sure if we get into a desperate position, G will shell out the money but obviously we are trying to get the best deal as we are doing with Aquilani.. we have an advantage in that the players themselves want to make the move

10 mil for Monty is hardly overpaying. we could probably get Parolo for around 6. for these two it probably wouldnt cost much more than 15 and they both would add something to our team. the way prices are inflated these days that is not a lot at all.

we could add all 3 for less than 20 million this year and it would make our team as a whole better than Cesc would have for 40

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
I love flamini but I dont want an average player to replace him aqua+monty+boa+cassano+urby+robi+bommel+gattuso+(merkel+strasser)+even el shaa

there are numbers but we need a sprakling star in the mid to make it complete, not another good player, may be you are right parola may be an insurance for aqua man but we need to leave some space for mister X.

If parolo can stand with big boys and come cheap lets try it but we need to sell somebody, are you sure its not just italian love talking?
Honestly i dont give a fuck about nationality , who ever is great for milan will have my vote.

Like Raulllllllllllllllllll instead of inzaghi :lol:

:thumbsup:

I agree. Parolo would be a good addition, but we really need a world class midfielder who can take our midfield to another level. Someone like Fabregas, Nasri, De Rossi, Schweistiger etc etc..

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...

What Spartan said ;)

Although I agree and dissagree about Cesc or a player of that quality... I'll discuss further below the next quote.

I agree. Parolo would be a good addition, but we really need a world class midfielder who can take our midfield to another level. Someone like Fabregas, Nasri, De Rossi, Schweistiger etc etc..

As I've said before the reason I like adding Monty, Aqua and Parolo is as much about Monty and Aqua adding much needed starting 11 quality, as well as depth of quality in midfield with Parolo. I think we can get by without Parolo, but his addition does give us the chance to go into next years mercato not having to replace MvB, Gatt, Ambro and Dorf as we'd already have replaced them this year... Leaving us to concentrate on maybe signing one WC player or prospct, giving us a solid, full midfield.

If we only sign Aqua just now, we'll have to replace 4 players next year, and Aqua might not stay, which makes for us possibly having to bring in 3 midfielders at least, what quality will we get if we dont have any cash from outgoing players(who can we sell thats worth anything)? I just think 15 million represents a great and inexpensive opportunity to get a head start on completely revolutionising our midfield...

A 15 million spend to overhaul our midfield, and look at actually being competetive on all fronts even with injuries shouldn't be skoffed at, its not like we're saying spend 50 million, we're Milan, we talking about 15 million when we're supposed to have brought in cash from Oliviera, Borri, Emirates, saved wages etc... I cant believe paying out 15 million on a couple of decent players has split the forum so much, although it interesting ;)

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Illadro80 - I didnt read your post wrong, you are saying to pay 10 million for Montolivo rather than paying 8 mil for Parolo. I'm totally against that.
Like MarcoGullit, you ignore what I say. Be logical. Is Montolivo's contribution in a year worth spending 10 million on? Are we not the favourites with just Aquilani? I want Montolivo here btw but I'm under the impression we just dont have that much money to spend, and thats been clear for a LONG time, with how Galliani has gone about each window. I hope/think Galliani will look at this and think we'll sign him now for VERY cheap, in January for even cheaper or next summer for nothing. Not 10 mil and not 8 mil. Montolivo wants to come to Milan, we want him..this is exactly the same situation as with Aquilani, we are in control and you expect us to just throw 8 million at Fiorentina and have him? I think Galliani is smarter.

Parolo is welcome for anything below 6 mil, also.

Agree to disagree than. To me waiting for montolivo for free is no ambition whatsoever. Its a move id expect a smaller club to make not milan.

And favorites for what? Even without aquilani were still favorites for the scudetto. Milan has made it clear CL is the ambition this year and NO, just aquilani for that goal doesn't cut it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Rather surprised to see Montolivo being mentioned in the same class as Marco Parolo.

Montolivo has all the tools to be a world-class midfielder starting for a top team. In my view, he needs to be part of a top group under a good coach, and he'll develop more, probably a lot more.

Parolo is someone who has done well in a single season so far.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Parolo hard working,why he can't come milan? Milan need his character

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Agree to disagree than. To me waiting for montolivo for free is no ambition whatsoever. Its a move id expect a smaller club to make not milan.

And favorites for what? Even without aquilani were still favorites for the scudetto. Milan has made it clear CL is the ambition this year and NO, just aquilani for that goal doesn't cut it.

Although even with Monty I wouldn't say the CL was a given ;)

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Parolo might not be the world class midfielder we're looking for, but he can sure provide some energy and grit in the midfield, as well as chipping in with a few goals. I'd probably prefer him over Montolivo simply because we already have two creative midfielders in Aquilani (hopefully) and Seedorf who has been in fine form.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Montolivo>Nocerino>Parolo

If we dont get Montolivo we should attempt for Nocerino before doing so for Parolo

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

If we dont get Montolivo we should attempt for Nocerino before doing so for Parolo

I like both of them as players and wouldnt mind either.

I agree with what Marco said, there are a lot of older players to replace next year so if we get the chance to bring in 3 quality midfielders it makes that much easier to do.

Monty and Aqua would both start a lot of games, Parolo would see a decent amount of time, and so would Seedorf.

Ambro and MvB would rotate at anchor and Gattuso would probably be phased out a bit.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm certain we're signing him in the Jan and I'd be VERY happy if it happened. Hes having an awesome season. Would be an upgrade.

@Milanello
Milan have offered 50% of Niang for 50% of Parolo. The two players would then switch clubs. However, Parma aren't convinced.
Galliani gave too many hints about this happening..

7 goals and 3 assists and some pretty amazing stuff on Whoscored.

I'm liking him this season. Would be a nice addition at a right price. If he keeps playing at this level and shows consistency then hes ready for a big club. But so far this year hes having a dream season.. Only thing putting me off is the fact that hes 28.. If the price is good, then we the should bring him without a doubt. Would be an improvement. But I'd much rather see us invest an extra few million and get Jorghinho and be set for the next decade.

Player Focus - Marco Parolo
785.jpg

Parolo Shining Among Parma Stars
2013%2f11%2fParoloHeader.jpg

Full Parolo Player Focus article on Who Scored - http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/g...Player-Focus-Parolo-Shining-Among-Parma-Stars

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I'm certain we're signing him in the Jan and I'd be VERY happy if it happened. Hes having an awesome season. Would be an upgrade.

@Milanello
Milan have offered 50% of Niang for 50% of Parolo. The two players would then switch clubs. However, Parma aren't convinced.
Galliani gave too many hints about this happening..

7 goals and 3 assists and some pretty amazing stuff on Whoscored.

In Serie A, he would definitely be a help to us.

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Already 28 years. Not really an upgrade, we need good players.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
i liked the nocerino>parolo post by the ac milan master opinionist on this forum

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Look on the bright side dude, at least we won't have another player with a stupid mohawk :D

We are 10th in the league, hair is no longer a factor

Parolo is an average mid, the world is filled with players of his quality
Poli is the only offensive central mid we have and he can't last more than 60 minutes

I don't see the logic behind buying another defensive mid.
If we keep playing 433 (4321) we need a fast offensive CM that can move the ball up the pitch.

Attack is our best weapon, but our lack of balance in the midfield makes it hard for the balls to reach them. Our build up is too slow, by the time the ball reaches the opposition's box everybody is there defending making it almost impossible to score

Bonus(based on my opinion): If we switch to a 4231 (like many of you would like) we will need to bench one our best mids (Montolivo & De Jong), because the 4231 requires at least one mid that's strong in the air, De Jong is too short and Montolivo (decent height 5'11, 181cm) can't jump. Without an aerially strong mid, the opposing team will get more chances to attack, thus putting more pressure our already confused and disorganized defense.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As I've said before the reason I like adding Monty, Aqua and Parolo is as much about Monty and Aqua adding much needed starting 11 quality, as well as depth of quality in midfield with Parolo. I think we can get by without Parolo, but his addition does give us the chance to go into next years mercato not having to replace MvB, Gatt, Ambro and Dorf as we'd already have replaced them this year... Leaving us to concentrate on maybe signing one WC player or prospct, giving us a solid, full midfield.

If we only sign Aqua just now, we'll have to replace 4 players next year, and Aqua might not stay, which makes for us possibly having to bring in 3 midfielders at least, what quality will we get if we dont have any cash from outgoing players(who can we sell thats worth anything)? I just think 15 million represents a great and inexpensive opportunity to get a head start on completely revolutionising our midfield...

A 15 million spend to overhaul our midfield, and look at actually being competetive on all fronts even with injuries shouldn't be skoffed at, its not like we're saying spend 50 million, we're Milan, we talking about 15 million when we're supposed to have brought in cash from Oliviera, Borri, Emirates, saved wages etc... I cant believe paying out 15 million on a couple of decent players has split the forum so much, although it interesting ;)

Just went back through this thread and man, this guy was a great poster. Haven't seen him around in awhile.

Instead, we spent those 15m elsewhere on Constant, Acerbi, Traore's wages, Amelia, resigning Flamini and an injured Muntari and that's WITH the sale of Ibra and Thiago Silva.

Another great post from back in the days. As it turns out, we gifted the season to Juve by trying to cheap out on Aquilani and didn't get Montolivo, our midfield looked like shit in some of the games that season.

Time to revise this. Nocerino deserve to be playing for a club like Parma and Parolo probably deserves a chances in this Milan team.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he can be very useful. Good player to complement De Jong and Monty in a midfield three.
Ideally, Nocerino would leave for him.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Add this to the whoscored pics I posted

@RYOmoha 19h
Tackles + Interceptions
Parolo 98
Vidal 89

Clearances:
Parolo 35
Vidal 9

Aerial duels won:
Parolo 2.7/game
Vidal 1.4/game

6 goals and 3 assists for Parolo too

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Add this to the whoscored pics I posted

@RYOmoha 19h
Tackles + Interceptions
Parolo 98
Vidal 89

Clearances:
Parolo 35
Vidal 9

Aerial duels won:
Parolo 2.7/game
Vidal 1.4/game

6 goals and 3 assists for Parolo too

For sure better than Noce

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For sure better than Noce

Judging by those stats you'd think hes a defensive mid - but whenever I've seen him he is the one of the 3 CM's that plays closest to the strikers. He also took the most shots on the Parma team. And his shot is a rocket and we should know it (dat freekick vs us :( )

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Judging by those stats you'd think hes a defensive mid - but whenever I've seen him he is the one of the 3 CM's that plays closest to the strikers. He also took the most shots on the Parma team. And his shot is a rocket and we should know it (dat freekick vs us :( )

I think he plays in a similar role as Poli but is a lot more efficient defensively and moves better on offense. And all of that may just be due to experience. I don't mind having a player like him on the squad but he's not going to improve us that's for sure. After Parolo, we need another midfielder of Monto/de Jong quality then we are okay in midfield.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he plays in a similar role as Poli but is a lot more efficient defensively and moves better on offense. And all of that may just be due to experience. I don't mind having a player like him on the squad but he's not going to improve us that's for sure. After Parolo, we need another midfielder of Monto/de Jong quality then we are okay in midfield.

No, the Italian Strootman

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

You are right he won't improve us and since we have 31 players, we dont need him at all.

we need a midfielder thats better than De Jong & Monto

Schedule