Official: Simon Kjaer Thread

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
just 10 years late but defenders peak late

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Loan with 2-3m buyout option?
Excellent deal and must buy. He may well be our best CB and I rate Our Ale.
Far better at defending crosses than our other defenders and it's refreshing to see a CB that doesn't pick the short pass every time.

Not much above mediocre.

Definitely far above mediocre now.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
In a world where dud CBs like Durante are sold for 10 million, not redeeming him for 2 or 3 million seems insane.

He doesnt have to be a starter, but he would be a great backup.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He seems like a really good player to me that hasn’t really put a wrong foot for us so far? I haven’t been following all the games this year but from what I’ve seen always got the impression v solid

Great at defending and his passing is really good. I’d redeem him for sure, especially if it comes down to choosing between him & Musacchio who makes more and is valued 5x as much.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Another solid performance yesterday.

In a world where dud CBs like Durante are sold for 10 million, not redeeming him for 2 or 3 million seems insane.

He doesnt have to be a starter, but he would be a great backup.

:thumbsup:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
according to MN the right of redemption can be exercised by 15 July.
News is expected in the next few days.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Am I the only one who gets serious Yepes vibes from him? Savvy, career journeyman, captain of a mid tier national team, and a much bigger asset to the team than we were originally expecting when we signed him.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Am I the only one who gets serious Yepes vibes from him? Savvy, career journeyman, captain of a mid tier national team, and a much bigger asset to the team than we were originally expecting when we signed him.

Well if only you guys listened to me.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yepes was one of my favourite Milan players.

I will never get over his winning goal vs Lecce and his goal being unfairly ruled out against Brazil in the WC.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He releases some sweet passes once in a while

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
An excellent addition to the team, I think his influence on the group is of no less importance than Ibra. The defence is organized and focused. No more brain farts.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No shots on goal. That would be great.
lumbergh.jpg

Consider it done, boss.
120339672_10157469474981937_4517101189572056497_o.jpg

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Alessandro Kjaer

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I saw a few comparing our purchase of Kjaer with Juventus buying a 30-year old Barzagli from Wolfsburg back in 2011. I'll have to say, I found that interesting..

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

total baws

We really really needed such a presence in defense, similar to Ibra's presence in attack. Romagna is a vegan presence

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I wouldn't trade him for any other defender

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
His should stay until he is 36yrs.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan defender Simon Kjaer ‘feels a responsibility’ at Milan and suggests his compatriot Christian Eriksen should ‘play in his position.'

The Danish centre-back is one of the most experienced players in the Rossoneri dressing room and he is feeling the responsibility for it.

"I really do and I think my experience is one of the reasons why Milan signed me,” he told Sky Sport after Milan-Roma.

“The day I won’t have fun anymore I’ll stop playing football. I love this sport, it’s always been a dream for me to come to Milan.

“We are growing, but it is important to remember where we started, it takes little time to go back there.

“We improved as a team, too bad we didn’t win tonight.

“When you win games confidence comes in slowly. We have improved and the team continues to grow. The coach has done a great job, we keep raising the bar."

Kjaer was also asked about his compatriot Christian Eriksen who is settling himself at Inter.

“I’m talking to him. Christian is a player I know very well and he is the strongest in the world in his role. He should play in his position but I’m not the one putting him onto the pitch.”

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Where the feck was this so called experience in the dying minutes of the game, Simon.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He is such a chad, he isn't here as a journeyman, he's here to stay. I had low expectations, but rn he is top 5 Serie A for sure