The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The point is even these greats had their significant weaknesses and where combined in a way that made them function well.
Nowadays people want players who are able to do everything and shit on everyone sooner or later who -surprisingly- does not met this unrealistic expectations.
It would make much more sense to look at what players can do instead at what they can´t.

We are stuck at mid table because the squads have been poorly composed (by Galliani and Mirabelli) and we regularly struggle with depth and a low average quality among the squads.
To fault better players like Bona for that is just lazy and unlogic.

Those greats even with their supposed weaknesses were all CL caliber players. It wasn't a system that raised their level to CL caliber players....they always were....it's just in a cohesive team it raises the level of everyone, and they turned out to be CL winning caliber players

But we have no expectations of Bona though.....which is why we don't want the team to be built around him anymore.....fine as a rotation player, but nothing more.

yes i agree the squads have been poorly composed and lack depth.....but Bona is a part of that as well and even at his best was at best a europa caliber player

Ask yourself as well.....what are Bona's strengths?
Passing - No
Dribbling - Not since injury last year
Shooting - Actually not a terrible shooter i'll give him that
Off ball movement - decent at best
defensive ability - poor
decision making - atrocious
ability to control midfield - non existant

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The lack of depth excuse is getting boring, a bit like it's all on Montella for the failings this season. Lazio, Inter & Atalanta must have great benches to all outperform us.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The lack of depth excuse is getting boring, a bit like it's all on Montella for the failings this season. Lazio, Inter & Atalanta must have great benches to all outperform us.

Exactly, season after season. Atalanta is playing with primavera players and getting gutted left and right for their best players but we have lack of depth.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No player apart from Bonucci and Romagnoli tbh can be considered unsellable

We have no money

We need to sell to buy

so it may be that we have to sell Donna for 60 mill, Kalinic for 20 mill, (dont think anyone will want suso now tbh), Bona for 25 mill , so we can get 6/7 players to improve our squad

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
DeS is still complete shit. Bona isn't an upgrade over any of their starters.
You are totally right. Let's hope he's shit as a zebra

Loooooooooool are you kidding me?

25 million for this piece of garbage. I will carry him to Juventus myself!!!

Sell him for 5 million and still a steal
You're putting far too much stock in his current horrible form.
Pre-2018 he was actually one of, if not THE best player.

The thing is we don´t really have a reason to sell Bonaventura, Suso is out of our hands if someone wants to spend 40m and if a good offer for one or both of Kalinic and Silva arrives you have to consider it (although one might keep Silva for his potential).

If one or two of the Cfs + Suso and Bona leave we would not only need more players, it would completely reset our attack (leaving us with 1,5 starters of 4 attacking positions )and next season would be another season of transition with little chance of reaching a CL spot.

We have to strengten the CF area and add a fast winger which will cause some loss of chemistry but thats necessary, losing Bona is not.

Also in terms of output Bona is very stable even if he has weak games but overall he scores a decent amount every season. Having such guarantees in the club is very important and allows to take risks with other/new players because you know what you can count on in the worst case,
Agreed

Mandzukic wants to play regulary and not lw anymore. Bona for Mandzo+$ is ok but not if Mandzo will be our pnly cf bought.

Mario and Cutrone are similar, also Belotti.

Keep Bonavenzura, we need wide squad. And geniuses here want 12 man squad again.

I hope we try for Keita again, with Mendes help. Also Bernard. THEN you can sell Bona.

Average-bigloa, kessie, vidal, hakan, free badelj for mid.
Keita, bernard, suso wingers, also hakan can help.
Cutrp, some cf, keita cf.

Good mix. Better team then this.

They say 2-3 players but its not enough
Excellent post mrki!!!
Bona Cudrado would be a good deal.

Yep, when a rotational player ends up in a role as a protagonist you cannot expect excellence.
:thumbsup:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
his wages are 2 million, that's about 1.75 milion above his ability:fp:

ffs asamoah at juve gets less than 2 million, how are you going to pay a backup who's awful 2 million euros?

they could have just signed criscito for free on similar wages if not less, hes way better than strinic.

I’d rather sign Asamoah/Criscito but both are free agents so would command considerably more than Strinic. Also, both play plenty of games as starters for their clubs so doubt they’d accept a bench role. Strinic happily played second fiddle to Ghoulam at Napoli so he wouldn’t object. They’re also used to playing in the CL which we can’t offer either.

As for the salaries of our backups, we’re paying Monty/Borini/Abate 2.5m for doing nothing so go figure. Even Antonelli is getting 1.5m.

Like I said in my original post, my preference is to sign Asamoah & Strinic for free and cash in on Antonelli & RR (after a decent World Cup).

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
:fp: all you want. Bookmark that post and rub it in my face when teams are lined up offering 45m for Bonaventura.

Im talking about the last part. If Bona is 25M, Bertolacci will be 8M. Idk what youre smoking there if you think they're the same level when weve seen their performances for our team.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those greats even with their supposed weaknesses were all CL caliber players. It wasn't a system that raised their level to CL caliber players....they always were....it's just in a cohesive team it raises the level of everyone, and they turned out to be CL winning caliber players

But we have no expectations of Bona though.....which is why we don't want the team to be built around him anymore.....fine as a rotation player, but nothing more.

yes i agree the squads have been poorly composed and lack depth.....but Bona is a part of that as well and even at his best was at best a europa caliber player

Ask yourself as well.....what are Bona's strengths?
Passing - No
Dribbling - Not since injury last year
Shooting - Actually not a terrible shooter i'll give him that
Off ball movement - decent at best
defensive ability - poor
decision making - atrocious
ability to control midfield - non existant

The thing is CL-winning class players are out of our reach, we have to make the best out of the good players we have and replacing Bona with someone better (if you factor in chemistry etc) is highly unlikely.
We have to make the best out of what we have and are able add. Here we need to go by the healthy approach of old and not wanting 11 perfect players for a cohesive team.

There is a lot between building a team around him (he was never that player which is fine) and a pure rotation player.
I don´t want him to be a guaranteed starter but saying he is at fault of our problems and completely ridiculing him is something else.
And honestly everyone who agrees that Bona should at least be an important rotation player can´t really favor selling him after looking at our lack of depth.

To add to your list:
-Bona has very good instincts in the box
-very good in the air for his kind of player
-One of the more dynamic players, especially with the ball on his feet and in CM

Just use him according to his qualities and avoid combining him with 2 other pseudo AMs will keep him a valuable asset. (= applies to Suso and Hakan as well)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im talking about the last part. If Bona is 25M, Bertolacci will be 8M. Idk what youre smoking there if you think they're the same level when weve seen their performances for our team.

Refer to my original comment, it is responding to the claim that if we sell Bonaventura for only 25m, we would only be able to buy Bertolacci level players with that money.

Allan from Napoli was had for 11m + Britos. We would only get Bertolacci level players with 25m? :lol:

And yes, Bonaventura on the pitch is no better than Bertolacci with the current set up, stop bringing up times when we had absolute trash team with soloists like Menez and Bonaventura. Yes, they kept us finishing 10th instead of 12-15th, but with a better squad it's not like they can lift us into UCL rather only drag us down with their selfish plays.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’d rather sign Asamoah/Criscito but both are free agents so would command considerably more than Strinic. Also, both play plenty of games as starters for their clubs so doubt they’d accept a bench role. Strinic happily played second fiddle to Ghoulam at Napoli so he wouldn’t object. They’re also used to playing in the CL which we can’t offer either.

As for the salaries of our backups, we’re paying Monty/Borini/Abate 2.5m for doing nothing so go figure. Even Antonelli is getting 1.5m.

Like I said in my original post, my preference is to sign Asamoah & Strinic for free and cash in on Antonelli & RR (after a decent World Cup).

Asamoah seems like a good player we should pursue regardless. I am not for giving up on RR yet, I think with some consistency he could still be a great player for us.

Strinic, on the other hand, really does not inspire confidence at all.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The thing is CL-winning class players are out of our reach, we have to make the best out of the good players we have and replacing Bona with someone better (if you factor in chemistry etc) is highly unlikely.
We have to make the best out of what we have and are able add. Here we need to go by the healthy approach of old and not wanting 11 perfect players for a cohesive team.

There is a lot between building a team around him (he was never that player which is fine) and a pure rotation player.
I don´t want him to be a guaranteed starter but saying he is at fault of our problems and completely ridiculing him is something else.
And honestly everyone who agrees that Bona should at least be an important rotation player can´t really favor selling him after looking at our lack of depth.

To add to your list:
-Bona has very good instincts in the box
-very good in the air for his kind of player
-One of the more dynamic players, especially with the ball on his feet and in CM

Just use him according to his qualities and avoid combining him with 2 other pseudo AMs will keep him a valuable asset. (= applies to Suso and Hakan as well)

Oh I don’t want to sell him as we do indeed lack depth. We just need an upgrade in his role and he is perfectly capable backup.

I’m fact I would only sell complete garbage like Kalinic, or players who will never play like Gomez, Antonelli, Mauri etc. we need to keep every player that can make a positive contribution at some point of the season (and Bona is certainly one of them).

But over a full season the real quality of the player shows and IMO Bona can’t be a starter for a top 4 chasing team

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[...]
[...]

Thank you.

Some here are acting like Bona is Muntari or Poli level of useless. That's just hate without sense. He's actualy the perfect rotation-player. Very versatile and dynamic. If he was playing for Atalanta or Lazio people would welcome him with open arms as a rotation-player. Hell people here would even be happy with Verdi for 25M as Suso back-up.

I mean c'mon, it's only some weeks ago when he and the rest of our team roasted Lazio twice and Roma away. I'm not saying that he should be an undisputed starter if we want to challenge for Top 4 – it's quite the opposite I'm saying – but he'd be an important "pedina" in our roaster who would give us depth and versatility in midfield. We won't go anywhere if we sell him for 25M and then need to buy A) an upgrade and B) another player for depth.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh I don’t want to sell him as we do indeed lack depth. We just need an upgrade in his role and he is perfectly capable backup.

I’m fact I would only sell complete garbage like Kalinic, or players who will never play like Gomez, Antonelli, Mauri etc. we need to keep every player that can make a positive contribution at some point of the season (and Bona is certainly one of them).

But over a full season the real quality of the player shows and IMO Bona can’t be a starter for a top 4 chasing team

100% this :thumbsup:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The scenes when Silva is sold to fund Belotti. Sadly, the club has become way too predictable on/off the pitch.

you don't think thats okay?

Belotti is definitely better even with a slow season this year. He had 2 successful seasons before this one and is definitely more ready than Cutrone&Silva

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Belotti is definitely better even with a slow season this year. He had 2 successful seasons before this one and is definitely more ready than Cutrone&Silva

It depends.

If we can only sell Silva for 30m (10m loss) and have to pay 50+m for Belotti then it would be a horrible investment.

But if we can sell Silva for 42m and only pay say 50m for Belotti, then it's a no brainer.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

The expectation will be that Kalinic leaves not Silva and that Belotti arrives. The highlight of Belotti's season is a hat trick against Crotone. He has been poor in way too many games, even against the provincial sides.

I don't think he's the player to lead our line and it would be at the expense of Cutrone & Silva.

Silva is a major problem though having only scored two league goals. We either gamble by backing him to go on and score double figures next season or cash in. Wolves or Monaco will be options for his departure.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We have 3 top players: Dollar, bonucci, romagnoli.

Few solid players like hakan, suso, biglia, kessie.

Rest is mediocre shit. Bar Calabria who is young, and cutro.

Mediocre shit squad: Zap, mussa, rr, anto, abate, monto, loca, borini, silva, kale.

Pure shit

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A lot of rumors being thrown around in the media about possible Sarri's successors at Napoli. I wonder if there's any truth to those Milan links?

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Dude Strinic didn't happily play 2nd fiddle at Napoli. He was/is complete trash which is why they got rid of him and got a different LB backup in Mario Rui. He was far worse than Ghoulam and had no chance of ever playing regularly. He was too mediocre to be back up.

Strinic is a back up in Sampdoria for God's sake. Plus he makes 2 million so 4 million gross?

A primavera player on 100k can offer much more than him. This is a disaster signing from our inept SD

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dude Strinic didn't happily play 2nd fiddle at Napoli. He was/is complete trash which is why they got rid of him and got a different LB backup in Mario Rui. He was far worse than Ghoulam and had no chance of ever playing regularly. He was too mediocre to be back up.

Strinic is a back up in Sampdoria for God's sake. Plus he makes 2 million so 4 million gross?

A primavera player on 100k can offer much more than him. This is a disaster signing from our inept SD

Actually Strinic was their starting LB, they just happened to freeze him out the team after the news came out that he was joining Milan.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan and the dream that returns: Sarri on the bench, Giuntoli ds

The results were not those hoped for. Those expected and even those that Milan needed, so that a revolution, another, next summer, is certainly not an impossible scenario. Rather. Only this time the feeling is that deciding will be Elliott, or the controlling fund of the club of Yonghong Li. For this reason rumors circulate, not only on the bench, but also at the desks.

The future of the desk Between Massimiliano Mirabelli and Marco Fassone, the sporting director is mostly responsible for the bench. After a year alone, yes, but in football the sporting and economic results are necessary to keep going, not only for the technicians but also for the managers. For this reason concrete surveys have already been made with more sporting directors: contacts and chats with Walter Sabatini, with Monchi and also with Cristiano Giuntoli. And it is the third name that the spotlight seems to have focused on even more.

Idea 'complete package' from Napoli Giuntoli, in fact, does not want to separate from Maurizio Sarri and that is why it finds confirmation, found by Tuttomercatoweb.com, the idea rossonero is to focus on the Napoli technician. A love that returns, although in the past it was Galliani and Maiorino, as explained by the same ex ds yesterday, to be close to the same Sarri. Now the idea returns: Gattuso has been confirmed, with a lot of renewal and adaptation, but it was a choice of the current management and the DS Mirabelli. And in football, you know, often a change never comes alone ...

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Milan and the dream that returns: Sarri on the bench, Giuntoli ds

The results were not those hoped for. Those expected and even those that Milan needed, so that a revolution, another, next summer, is certainly not an impossible scenario. Rather. Only this time the feeling is that deciding will be Elliott, or the controlling fund of the club of Yonghong Li. For this reason rumors circulate, not only on the bench, but also at the desks.

The future of the desk Between Massimiliano Mirabelli and Marco Fassone, the sporting director is mostly responsible for the bench. After a year alone, yes, but in football the sporting and economic results are necessary to keep going, not only for the technicians but also for the managers. For this reason concrete surveys have already been made with more sporting directors: contacts and chats with Walter Sabatini, with Monchi and also with Cristiano Giuntoli. And it is the third name that the spotlight seems to have focused on even more.

Idea 'complete package' from Napoli Giuntoli, in fact, does not want to separate from Maurizio Sarri and that is why it finds confirmation, found by Tuttomercatoweb.com, the idea rossonero is to focus on the Napoli technician. A love that returns, although in the past it was Galliani and Maiorino, as explained by the same ex ds yesterday, to be close to the same Sarri. Now the idea returns: Gattuso has been confirmed, with a lot of renewal and adaptation, but it was a choice of the current management and the DS Mirabelli. And in football, you know, often a change never comes alone ...

Signing Sarri right now is equivalent to us signing Shevchenko back in 1999.

That's how big it is fam.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Antonio Vitiello (Milannews): UEFA verdict for settlement agreement by end of May. Refinancing will be within 30-40 days. Experienced players will arrive during the mercato.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Antonio Vitiello (Milannews): UEFA verdict for settlement agreement by end of May. Refinancing will be within 30-40 days. Experienced players will arrive during the mercato.

It won't be good news if this goes into June and this stuff hasn't been figured out yet.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
It depends.

If we can only sell Silva for 30m (10m loss) and have to pay 50+m for Belotti then it would be a horrible investment.

But if we can sell Silva for 42m and only pay say 50m for Belotti, then it's a no brainer.

:fp::fp::fp:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I think we could easily get a fee around €30-35M from Wolverhampton. Mendes is the agent for the club, and therefore could easily bring Silva to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule