Groups E&F

Rex

Reaction score
I predicted before the match began it was a 1-1 draw result, the result finally said it too. I was hoping Sweden would have won the match but it's fair result for both team.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Ozmosis said:
Sweden should have won.. for those who watched the game, you must agree with me. the second half was totally Swedens.
ozmo, a game has two halfs ;)
sweden didn't do anything in the 1st half so a draw is a fair result

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco Van Basten
Sweden deserved a victory cuz they had more chance to score than England, plus english have 2 central defenders that make laugh penguins too (imagine a penguin playing football ;) )!

Larsson had a great chance at end and he missed!! SHAME ON HIM!!! :rolleyes:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so dissapointed by the fact that Sweden didn't win vs. England! :mad:

Overrated, overhyped England pulled a draw... :mad:

And Larsson blew it big time. I cannot believe that a striker with 437236943 goals per season could blew it so easy. :o

Too bad. England will be out IMO.

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
He plays in the SPL, which might explain it. Sweeden should have won. England is overrated and they have a sh*t defence.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Germany 8-0 Saudi Arabia: Germany looked better than I expected them to. They know they have a lot of good players, but I was supprised at their teamwork. One thing though, for as good as Germany played Saudi Arabia played ten times as badly. Saudi Arabia looked like some amature team, so I am not going to give to much credit to the 8-0 victory.

England 1-1 Sweden: England looked real good int he 1st half, sweden looked real good in the 2nd half. A draw is fair.

Argentina 1-0 Nigeria: Argentina controlled most of the game but looked vounerable at points and had trouble finding the back of the net due to a very good defensive game by Nigeria.

Ireland 1-1 Cameroon: Cameroon looked strong most of the game but couldn't put it away. Their pace was unbelievable. A great shot by Holland earned Ireland a much needed draw. The Germany vs. Cameroon is looking to be a great game.

Rex

Reaction score
If Beckham played totally after suffering an injured, England could be won the match :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
ah... what a lovely day. it's raning hell out of a lot, no school, usa beat port and... hm...
IRELAND 1:1 MIGHTY, EIGHT GOALS, GERMANY :eek:

what's up SR? :)

soccerage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voeller: "We Are Massively Disappointed"

Germany Boss Rudi Voeller was understandably in dour spirits after watching his side be denied early qualification to the knock-out phase by a last-gasp equaliser from Ireland's Robbie Keane.

Here's some of what Voeller had to say during the post-match press conference: "We are massively frustrated and disappointed by result. When you hold a lead for so long and concede a goal so late it's always really tough to stomach. My players gave it their all, however, and we are still on top of the group going into the last match. I think a point against Cameroon will almost certainly be enough to see us through, but we will be gunning for all three points in six days time."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deutschland an der spitze!!! :) oder vielleicht nicht? :conf:

:D

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Germany 1-1 Ireland: Germany realized there is a big differance playing saudi arabia and playing Ireland (with the way Saudi Arabia played the US could have beat the 6-0). Klose continues to be a threat, but Ireland did a good job containing.

Rex

Reaction score
If Cameroon will win against Saudi, they are probably take runner-up of the group together with Germany advance 2nd round.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
diavoletto, cameroon 1:0 saudi arabia

the game is finished an hour and a half before your post :tongue: ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
strange. my time tells different :conf:

never mind :)

it was a good game for saudi arabia. well... better than against germany :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
england 1:0 argentina at the HT!!!

where are you el argentino!? :D

a moment of silence!? ha ha ha :D :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
final score: england 1:0 argentina

where are you el argentino!? where are you david? where are you swan? :D

group F standings:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how Group F stands after the today's matches.

1. Sweden 4pts
3. England 4pts
2. Argentina 3pts
4. Nigeria 0pts

Sweden currently lead England on goals scored and a draw for either country will ensure they progress into the second round. Argentina must beat Sweden in their last game or they are out.

Nigeria can no longer qualify after their defeat to Sweden earlier today.

Games Played:

Argentina 1 Nigeria 0
England 1 Sweden 1

Sweden 2 Nigeria 1
England 1 Argentina 0

Games To Play:

Sweden v Argentina
England v Nigeria.

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
wadda surprising world cup :eek: . I thougt that the best result England could have in thier match with Argantina is a draw! but they won. wow. Argantina now should win on next match otherwise Argantina will be out! Can you imagine Argantina & France out of the WC from the 1st stage? :head:

Rex

Reaction score
I predicted the game will be positive result for Argentina but it ended up o-1 win by England. I have no idea what's wrong with their Argentina's scheme while Veron played bad.
Regarding seeded team will be out of WC soon, mrs sheva, you know football is a mystery and you can not deny of it. Anything can happen over 90 minutes ahead though public count on strong team who will win the match. We do not know what will happen on the field. The more surprising, the more interesting. ;)

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
I hate surprises :conf: , look at Italy :cry: . It could be also out of the tourument :head: . I can`t deny i was happy for England as i want them with Argantina 2b in the second round. Y`know ,we always want big teams to qulify . The more big teams the more ecxitment.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was a crap game! :o

First off, a draw should have been enough. That was not a penalty kick!

Then to the Argies... they were quite confused. I cannot believe such a great player as Ortega had such a lousy day. Veron shouldn't have been replaced; Ortega should have been replaced; Aimar is way too inconsistent; where is Riquelme?

Rex

Reaction score
Then I love surprising, mrs sheva!! ;) :D

Well everyone has opinion to describe what they sees. Football is now more interesting, more exciting and more surprising either on or off the field. Big teams can feel they could pass the challenge but don't forget the 'occasional' team which they have a deadly weapon to push the big team down to the earth. When we see this, it's regarding to mentality. None expect the big teams will be out soon from WC but the reality could be say so.

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm here amici. El Argentino!!!!!!!!
Yes it was a terrible match!
I was crying and crying.
England the worst enemy of the Argentinians!
I have also Italian bllood and when I saw Italia against Croazia my nightmare was complete.
Terrible!!!!!!!!!!

But I can just say only thing: Always believe in your Country like in your club (AC MILAN).

El Argentino

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Half Time: Germany 0-0 Cameroon

8 yellow cards
1 red card (Germany)

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
I`ll be so sad if Argantina go out :( . I love Argantina & Italy. I want to see them in the final, I won`t watch the World Cup if they don`t qulify to the 2nd phase :conf:
FORZA ARGANTINA
FORZA ITALIA

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN!
{2DDC7565-E256-4D3B-9E4F-D469AC70412D}.jpg

Sweden 1:1 Argentina
-Svensson ´59
-Crespo ´88 (pen)

Hehehe.. Finished on top of "Group of Death" , pretty strong aye...?

And may i add that Magnus Hedman saved the penalty but crespo ran into the penalty-area (too soon) and scored.

I honestly have to say im sorry that Argentina is out.. i rated them as champions before, something is appearently wrong with the team.. and i really wanted them to go to the next rounds together with Sweden..

P.S Cannigia was given a RED card while sitting on the bench... i think he insulted the referee loudly. :tongue:

Congratulations Sweden..!

...and Argentina, well im sorry.. i believed in you.

Schedule