The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



View Poll Results: When will he get rid of the black scarf?
Never. It'll define his coaching career. 13 41.94%
Next time Balotelli hits the wall in a free-kick. He will proceed to strangle Mario with it. 6 19.35%
When clocks are advanced for Summer Time. In a week. 6 19.35%
End of the season. 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2005, 14:08   #121
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Awww.. he's *sweet* ? Sure he is. He's good at self-promotion + that's it.

----

from his site:

My grandfather, who is 96 years old, was born a slave. His surname, which is also mine, was that of his owner, a German: Seedorf means "country of the sea".

Correct translation would be sea/lake village (literally), village by/of the sea/lake. See translates to sea as well as lake, depending on the article, die See (sea) - der See (lake)... Not as impressive as 'country', eh ? Get your facts right, Clarence


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪

Last edited by Passion for *9*; 15-10-2005 at 14:14.
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 23:30   #122
Shevy_007
Omo Naija!!!
 
Shevy_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland, US
Fav. Players: Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Awww.. he's *sweet* ? Sure he is. He's good at self-promotion + that's it.

----

from his site:

My grandfather, who is 96 years old, was born a slave. His surname, which is also mine, was that of his owner, a German: Seedorf means "country of the sea".

Correct translation would be sea/lake village (literally), village by/of the sea/lake. See translates to sea as well as lake, depending on the article, die See (sea) - der See (lake)... Not as impressive as 'country', eh ? Get your facts right, Clarence
LOL!!! like he didn't already have enuff beef with u, he just had to set up a crappy site. if only he knew
Shevy_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 00:20   #123
milanist
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Awww.. he's *sweet* ? Sure he is. He's good at self-promotion + that's it.

----

from his site:

My grandfather, who is 96 years old, was born a slave. His surname, which is also mine, was that of his owner, a German: Seedorf means "country of the sea".

Correct translation would be sea/lake village (literally), village by/of the sea/lake. See translates to sea as well as lake, depending on the article, die See (sea) - der See (lake)... Not as impressive as 'country', eh ? Get your facts right, Clarence
Do you really think Clarence wrote that text? I bet it's interpreter's fault.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 01:04   #124
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanist
Do you really think Clarence wrote that text? I bet it's interpreter's fault.
I don't care who wrote it but I would think Clarence is the one ultimately responsible for the accuracy of info on his site.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shevy_007
LOL!!! like he didn't already have enuff beef with u, he just had to set up a crappy site. if only he knew
He has beef with me ? Eh, I hate beef + insist on chicken I certainly don't have 'beef' with him, all I expect + ask of him is to perform, or, if performance on the pitch is of low priority to him, a salary commensurate with his (non-)performance


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 14:29   #125
persik
National Team Player
 
persik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kiyv, Khmelnitskiy, Augsburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Awww.. he's *sweet* ? Sure he is. He's good at self-promotion + that's it.

----

from his site:

My grandfather, who is 96 years old, was born a slave. His surname, which is also mine, was that of his owner, a German: Seedorf means "country of the sea".

Correct translation would be sea/lake village (literally), village by/of the sea/lake. See translates to sea as well as lake, depending on the article, die See (sea) - der See (lake)... Not as impressive as 'country', eh ? Get your facts right, Clarence
Only in the sake of truth.

In English as I know "country" can be used in the meaning of the village too! it depends on the context!!
Ye, you right in German "See"/"Sea" can be used in the meaning of both "sea" and "lake". But if Clarence means under country/dorf - "village" (and I think he does cause "Dorf" in German has meaning "village") and under Sea - "die See" then he is absolute right and correct - "Seedorf" means "country of the sea" - or "small town /Ort(German) of the See"

don't try to find the shit where there is not such one at all. And "wax doll" respect people who deserves it.


Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2

Last edited by percik; 16-10-2005 at 14:38.
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 16:34   #126
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
Only in the sake of truth.

In English as I know "country" can be used in the meaning of the village too! it depends on the context!!
Ye, you right in German "See"/"Sea" can be used in the meaning of both "sea" and "lake". But if Clarence means under country/dorf - "village" (and I think he does cause "Dorf" in German has meaning "village") and under Sea - "die See" then he is absolute right and correct - "Seedorf" means "country of the sea" - or "small town /Ort(German) of the See"

don't try to find the shit where there is not such one at all. And "wax doll" respect people who deserves it.
For the sake of truth ? Are you German ? I know your German is quite decent but please refrain from posting FALSEHOODS here for the sake of argument

Village = country in English ? AHEM At best you refer to a rural area (dotted by villages) as countrySIDE but village is never synonymous for country.

Besides, it's a German name + there is no poetic license in how to translate it. Dorf translates to village + village ONLY. Maybe hamlet, if it's a very small place. Sea country/Country of the sea would be SeeLAND, no other possibility... You're WRONG + a rather rotten (lying, misleading) peach

Go take a hike


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪

Last edited by Passion for *9*; 16-10-2005 at 16:38.
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 17:12   #127
cuore
Banned
 
cuore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: montréal
Fav. Players: Capitano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
Only in the sake of truth.

In English as I know "country" can be used in the meaning of the village too! it depends on the context!!
Ye, you right in German "See"/"Sea" can be used in the meaning of both "sea" and "lake". But if Clarence means under country/dorf - "village" (and I think he does cause "Dorf" in German has meaning "village") and under Sea - "die See" then he is absolute right and correct - "Seedorf" means "country of the sea" - or "small town /Ort(German) of the See"

don't try to find the shit where there is not such one at all. And "wax doll" respect people who deserves it.

Fun Fact: Canada means "the Village" in native american tongue. The Europeans ventured to this great land and the natives pointed to their village and said "Kanata" (or wtv) and the Europeans thought "Canada" was the name of the village, when it really meant "the Village".


Holy shit, I just checked, and clarences site is on acmilan.com...that is fucking ******ed.

Last edited by cuore; 16-10-2005 at 17:14.
cuore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 17:47   #128
Bambino D'oro
Banned
 
Bambino D'oro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuore
Fun Fact: Canada means "the Village" in native american tongue. The Europeans ventured to this great land and the natives pointed to their village and said "Kanata" (or wtv) and the Europeans thought "Canada" was the name of the village, when it really meant "the Village".


Holy shit, I just checked, and clarences site is on acmilan.com...that is fucking ******ed.
haha i saw that on global tv..the canadian heritage thing lol
Bambino D'oro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 21:28   #129
milanist
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
don't try to find the shit where there is not such one at all. And "wax doll" respect people who deserves it.
My man!

Passion for *9*, why are you always trying to be a pain in the ass?

Last edited by milanist; 16-10-2005 at 21:31.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 02:37   #130
THE MALDINESTA
Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
 
THE MALDINESTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I think it's called 'blue moon' ;)
Fav. Players: To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Awww.. he's *sweet* ? Sure he is. He's good at self-promotion + that's it.
I didn't read much about him, so I actually have never been effected by so-called-self promotion.
I've been following him since his Ajax's days.Not great admirer,of his playing attitude.But I admire him as a man, as a human being.
What's wrong with that?
And is it "corny",calling him 'sweet'?

Please, Passy.You may hate ppl for what they did on the pitch, but hating them personally are ridiculous (except for Beck : ...coz he has every reason to be hated by me : )


Signature
THE MALDINESTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 06:32   #131
persik
National Team Player
 
persik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kiyv, Khmelnitskiy, Augsburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
For the sake of truth ? Are you German ? I know your German is quite decent but please refrain from posting FALSEHOODS here for the sake of argument

Village = country in English ? AHEM At best you refer to a rural area (dotted by villages) as countrySIDE but village is never synonymous for country.

Besides, it's a German name + there is no poetic license in how to translate it. Dorf translates to village + village ONLY. Maybe hamlet, if it's a very small place. Sea country/Country of the sea would be SeeLAND, no other possibility... You're WRONG + a rather rotten (lying, misleading) peach

Go take a hike
it is still your very weak argument - ask the native English speaker and he tells you that "country" can be used in the meaning of "village", so "dorf" can be translated as "country" it is a pretty known fact! Especially in Englad in the real "English" it will be used in the meaning of the "country". And thanks for judging my German skills, I am proud of it too.

So the point is the same - Seedorf in generall has made no mistake!!!! And don't blame him pointless.


Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 07:10   #132
milanist
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
it is still your very weak argument - ask the native English speaker and he tells you that "country" can be used in the meaning of "village", so "dorf" can be translated as "country" it is a pretty known fact! Especially in Englad in the real "English" it will be used in the meaning of the "country". And thanks for judging my German skills, I am proud of it too.

So the point is the same - Seedorf in generall has made no mistake!!!! And don't blame him pointless.
Stop wasting time, mate. Ignore her.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 07:34   #133
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
it is still your very weak argument - ask the native English speaker and he tells you that "country" can be used in the meaning of "village", so "dorf" can be translated as "country" it is a pretty known fact! Especially in Englad in the real "English" it will be used in the meaning of the "country". And thanks for judging my German skills, I am proud of it too.

So the point is the same - Seedorf in generall has made no mistake!!!! And don't blame him pointless.
Once again:: There is no weak argument but just ONE STRONG FACT + that is... it is impossible + absolutely INCORRECT to translate DORF into country, get it thru your thick head now + stop bugging me with your addiction to ridiculous arguments ! I'm German, it's my native lingo, I KNOW. Whoever translated it for Clarence was WRONG + I did him a favor to correct it. Period.

Seedorf = sea village + NOTHING else

End of discussion.

---

And you milanist shut the fuck up, you're clueless anyway !


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 08:19   #134
persik
National Team Player
 
persik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kiyv, Khmelnitskiy, Augsburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Once again:: There is no weak argument but just ONE STRONG FACT + that is... it is impossible + absolutely INCORRECT to translate DORF into country, get it thru your thick head now + stop bugging me with your addiction to ridiculous arguments ! I'm German, it's my native lingo, I KNOW. Whoever translated it for Clarence was WRONG + I did him a favor to correct it. Period.

Seedorf = sea village + NOTHING else

End of discussion.

---

And you milanist shut the fuck up, you're clueless anyway !
Hahahahahahahhahahahahhttp:

"I Know" - "and that is the fact" ... "Passion for Pizdagi"

Since whan what you have said means that it is a FACT??????

"A Fact is the following:
  • A statement of an event or condition where the statement can be proven and shown to be correct (or disproven and thus shown to be incorrect) on the basis of some evidence, generally by other facts"
A statement which is not capable of being proven or disproven, that is, is arbitrary, is an opinion.

You can't argumentate it only cause you a German!
See - dorf means in German really See - dorf here is I am absolute agree (as the man who speaks German perhaps so usual as my two other native languages!) But if somebody translates in English See-dorf as "contry of the sea" it doesn't means that he is wrong. Cause, I repeat once more time, "country" can be used in the meaning of the village TOO! Open some vocabular and you will see.

Ok I try to make it simple for you. I can remember one life example. Do you remember such English group as "Blur" that at the end of 90' had a very popular single "Country House" so in this song it talks (in simple meaning) also about life in a country and means under the country "village"! And in the video to this song it is described and showed the "village life" in the country!!!

So here are my arguments. And where are your arguments "wax doll", who claims to speak only with "arguments" or is your "I Know and I have said" - your argument

P.s. song's lyrics

BLUR LYRICS

"Country House"

And so the the story begins

City dweller, successful fella
Thought to himself oops I've got a lot of money
I'm caught in a rat race terminally
I'm a professional cynic but my heart's not in it
I'm paying the price of living life at the limit
Caught up in the centuries anxiety
It preys on him, he's getting thin

He lives in a house, a very big house in the country
Watching afternoon repeats and the food he eats in the country
He takes all manner of pills and piles up analyst bills in the country
It's like an animal farm lot's of rural charm in the country

He's got morning glory, life's a different story
Everything going jackanory, in touch with his own mortality
He's reading balzac, knocking back prozac
It's a helping hand that makes you feel wonderfully bland
Oh it's the centuries remedy
For the faint at heart, a new start

He lives in a house, a very big house in the country
He's got a fog in his chest so he needs a lot of rest in the country
He doesn't drink smoke laugh, takes herbal baths in the country
Says she's come to no harm on an animal farm in the country

In the country, in the country

Blow, blow me out I am so sad, I don't know why
Blow, blow me out I am so sad, I don't know why

He lives in a house, a very big house in the country
Watching afternoon repeats and the food he eats in the country
He takes all manner of pills and piles up analyst bills in the country
Oh, it's like an animal farm lot's of rural charm in the country

He lives in a house, a very big house in the country
He's got a fog in his chest so he needs a lot of rest in the country
He doesn't drink smoke laugh, takes herbal baths in the country
And she's come to no harm on an animal farm in the country[/size]


Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2

Last edited by percik; 17-10-2005 at 08:23.
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 08:29   #135
persik
National Team Player
 
persik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kiyv, Khmelnitskiy, Augsburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
.

---

And you milanist shut the fuck up, you're clueless anyway !
Milanist, dude, try to aply to the admin cause of insulting statemants. Maybe you will get some luck with our very full of "democracy" admins and mods (with only one exlusion )!!!!


Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 08:52   #136
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
blabla snipped
Percik, you can be as long-winded as you want, you're still dead-wrong.

Your Blur lyrics just prove that country can be used synonymously for countryside. Translated into German you'd say " ein Haus auf dem Land", not "ein Haus im Dorf". That would be a house in the village. Duh ! It's sth I've stated in my earlier post btw, so thanks for supporting my point. The translation Dorf <-> country, no matter if from English to German or vice versa, is wrong. Accept it. There is no second meaning depending on context, as much as you want to make the world believe. Country doesn't mean village + Dorf doesn't mean country.

It's really that simple.

I have to retract my compliments on your German, evidently I was to quick to judge, it sucks. So does your English.

---

Seedorf = sea/lake village, village of/by the sea/lake

So, Clarence, if you read here, do ask your webdesigner to correct the little mistake It's no biggie, but you sure want to give accurate info, alright ?


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 09:05   #137
persik
National Team Player
 
persik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kiyv, Khmelnitskiy, Augsburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Percik, you can be as long-winded as you want, you're still dead-wrong.

Your Blur lyrics just prove that country can be used synonymously for countryside. Translated into German you'd say " ein Haus auf dem Land", not "ein Haus im Dorf". That would be a house in the village. Duh ! It's sth I've stated in my earlier post btw, so thanks for supporting my point. The translation Dorf <-> country, no matter if from English to German or vice versa, is wrong. Accept it. There is no second meaning depending on context, as much as you want to make the world believe. Country doesn't mean village + Dorf doesn't mean country.

It's really that simple.

I have to retract my compliments on your German, evidently I was to quick to judge, it sucks. So does your English.

---

Seedorf = sea/lake village, village of/by the sea/lake

So, Clarence, if you read here, do ask your webdesigner to correct the little mistake It's no biggie, but you sure want to give accurate info, alright ?
pointless!!!
and once more time where are you "self proclaimed" arguments again your "I have said and I know"

countryside - what is it if not the rural area, so - village??? German "ein Haus auf dem Land" bedeutet nichts andere als "Haus im Dorf" oder zumindest!!!! "Bauernhof" what can be in "plural" as "country" - "village" translated!!

I have gave mine arguments and in most of vocabular you find the meaning of the "country" as "village" or (rural area - that is prety much the same)!!! That is the point!!!!
and "my Blur lyriks" and its video prooves that Clarense is absolute correct!!!

and you are again without arguments!!! That is also point!!!

Next talking only if you gave some argument!

case closed!


Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2

Last edited by percik; 17-10-2005 at 09:15.
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 09:18   #138
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by percik
I have gave mine and in most of vocabular you find the meaning of the "country" as "village" or (rural area - that is prety much the same)!!! That is the point!!!!
Not in one dictionary you will find the meaning of country as village, stop deluding yourself, really, it's starting to turn into a serious embarrassment for you. Rural area = country = countryside, that's all pretty much the same, alright, but village is a place, a settlement in the country, so at best you can say the countryside is comprised of villages + smalltowns + fields + whatnot, but NEVER that country(side) + village are synonyms. Get over it, nobody is perfect, not even peach, even if he's convinced he is.

Quote:
and "my Blur lyriks" and its video prooves that Clarense is absolute correct!!! and you are again without arguments!!! That is also point!!!
Next talking only if you gave some argument!
case closed!
You're nuts. Attend a German + English course for beginners + stop talking outta your ass. Really now.

Clarence knows whether he can trust a Ukrainian bullshitter or a German straightshooter.

You'll see, he will correct his website accordingly


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 09:38   #139
persik
National Team Player
 
persik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kiyv, Khmelnitskiy, Augsburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Not in one dictionary you will find the meaning of country as village, stop deluding yourself, really, it's starting to turn into a serious embarrassment for you. Rural area = country = countryside, that's all pretty much the same, alright, but village is a place, a settlement in the country, so at best you can say the countryside is comprised of villages + smalltowns + fields + whatnot, but NEVER that country(side) + village are synonyms. Get over it, nobody is perfect, not even peach, even if he's convinced he is.

You're nuts. Attend a German + English course for beginners + stop talking outta your ass. Really now.

Clarence knows whether he can trust a Ukrainian bullshitter or a German straightshooter.

You'll see, he will correct his website accordingly
insults, insults and only it that is your argumentation as usually though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
You'll see, he will correct his website accordingly
only if you write him the next letter:

"Dear Mr. Seedorf or Seacountry!!!
...................
......................
.... and that why you should be called Mr. "Lakevillage"!
best regards
and with love
Passion for *9* XXX"
P.s could you send me authogramm from Pippo


arguments review - no arguments
case cannot be reopened

closed


Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 09:43   #140
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

You can't dispute FACTS, percik, like it or not. I'll ask him + send it on to you, knowing that you have da hots for him


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.