A survey about the forums

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Hello

We would like to ask you a few questions about this forum. Feel free to answer them for the sake of improving :)

1. How did you find these forums?

This is very important to us. We need to know what brings people here and what doesn't so we can work on it. Some of you are here for a long time so you probably don't remember how you found this site but some of you might remember.

2. What is it that you LIKE about these forums?

Feel free to say what you like here :)

3. What is it that you DON'T LIKE about these forums?

Once again, feel free to say whatever you don't like. Nothing won't be taken against you. If the majority agrees about some matter then we will try to improve it.

4. What is your suggestion?

What's your solution for problems from question No. 3?
And what other suggestions you have about this forum?

Please note that we cannot satisfy everybody. We will take further steps only if the majority of members agree about the matter.

Thank you for your time
The Management Team

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan

www.google.com

You :tongue: - and the rest of the people that have something intelligent to say. I have learned a lot about lesser know players here than I would in any magazine.

That there are a ton of posts that are useless, like 300+ posts on if we will get Nesta or Canna. All people need to do is say thier opinion once. Also, that people would rather make up a new thread than look to see if an appropriate one already exsists. This is something that is really hard to fix, I know, but sometimes it gets on my nerves.

4. What is your suggestion

More smart people less dumb people. But then again that is mu suggestion for life in general. OK that was a little harsh, I know. I take it back. Actually all I would like is for people to use some common sence. It is not that hard to put things in the appropriate threads and to not post we should get Nesta 20 times. We get it, we all want Nesta.

My suggestions, don't really have any unfortunatly. The only thing I can think of is to remove who started each thread form each Forum's overview page. Sometimes I think people like to see themselves on each threads board so they start new topics because they know that their name will always be displayed as who started the thread.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
ok then... i guess it's my turn (since nobody wants to take over) :D

right...

1. i don't remember well :( i know i was searching for milan wallpapers and somehow found this site :D i used yahoo, that's for sure

2. seamus :D
i like the friendly atmosphere here :) there is no 3048924965239 of us so we get to know each other (more or less) :)

3. well, sometimes it gets too hard to make some people understand something.

4. my suggestions... well, we should have something like "posting instrucions". just to clarify what post should go where (what is in players forum, what is in discussions.... etc)

ok, that's it. it was short :D

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
OK i'll have a go, sorry i meant to then i forgot :D

right, 1: I was looking for milan sites through Yahoo, since the official one was getting boring.

2: Hey the forums are great. As you said scharatz its good to know everyone and their personalities. Also its quite funny reading peoples opinions, and arguments are quite funny (provided they dont step out of line ;) )

3: Dont like? emm people who dont contribute sensibly. Just copy loads of things, and people who just post to start an argument (hardly ever here!)

4: Mabye for repeat offenders, a ban for a week or something :D im struggling here!!

anyway thats about it!

forza rossoneri

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Okay, here you go:

Actually I was looking for a forum to join, and I was searching in acmilan.net ... So I clicked on the "forum" there and it took me to this site :)

I like the rules of this forum, which stop the member from saying "yes" or "I agree" all the time, without mentioning something useful ... And also the rules which don't allow you to talk about politics for example ... I've experienced this before, and it's true that it causes problems .. Of course I also like the members and my friend here :) I also liked the way David reacted when we wanted to play Totoclacio!! It was great from him to open a forum just for our game so that the site can improve more and more!! It was a very good thing ... An open minded admin :D

Hmmm, I don't like how strict you guys are about the sources of the posts :tongue: I don't know, but I don't think it's such a big deal!! I also don't like it when some new members come and open 2 or 3 threads at once, while they don't even reply to it later!! It really kills me :conf:

Well, I have so many suggestions that I wanna say since the day I joined the forum:
1. Please increase the smilies .. It's much more fun when you have icons for jumping and claping for example when Milan win!!! Of course the smaller they were,the better ....
Here, most of the icons are devils so you might find nice stuff here:
http://www.mysmilies.net/
2. We can have an option for Private Messages tracking so that you can make sure if the reciepent read you PM or not ....
3. We can have a forum for uploading our avators and signatures which will be much more easier for us :)
4. The members could put their BirthDates in their profiles .. Then we might have a calender which contains their and Milan players' Birthdays .. On those dates and at the bottom of the index page, put a small red & black cake and write, on this day our very own .... and ... and .... were born!! lol :D Then we can open threads and congratulate them!! :)
5. We can have the "Who's online" option here in order to know where the members are browsing :D Most of the forums have this option!!

I saw these stuff in most of the forums that I visited and it would be fun to have them here too :)
At last thank you everyone for giving us this great chance to talk about our beloved team and I hope that we stay together forever En Sha Alah!!
Forgive me, I speak too much :tongue:

FORZA MILAN!!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
kyara,

about PMs... when you send a PM it will be placed in your outbox. and when it has been read it will be moved to the sent folder. that's how you know if the reciepent read it ;)

about who's online... there is the "who is online" link at the bottom of the page (right under predictoin games). just click on it and there you go :)

about smilies... we might have some of them added but if not, you can always use them from the mysmilies.com site. click on the smiley you want and just copy the code for it :)

about uploading avatars or birthdays... i agree :D it would be useful. but that's up to david ;)
i think uploading cannot be done because it's expensive or something :( but b-days can be done ;) david?

there you go :)

scharatz

Reaction score
I also found the forums through Google.

+ Some discussion threads are especially good, particularly one some time ago that analysed Milan's requirements for this season as well as the youth program and promoting youth team members such that they might avoid another ~£80-90m summer as in 2001. :eek:

- Occasionally discussions degenerate into brief notes between members without contributing much to the topic.

One way to control this problem could be to introduce a real-time chat facility independent of this message board for these matters. However, it may be quite time-consuming or difficult to make? :conf:

To further curb the number of near-identical topics, maybe replicate the Search facility ON the New Topic page for users to do a keyword search about their proposed subject against existing topics' titles. This may make it more convenient as a single step rather than going to the Search page beforehand.

Oh, could you add a link on the final registration page - that tells you that your new account has been created and a message sent to the specified address - whereby you can have the message re-sent; I missed the e-mail while I re-activated my Hotmail account and created a second profile. :head: :)

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
a very good friend of mine invited me, well i knew this site a long time ago but i have just recently joined the forum.

at least i can find same maniacs like me that dont talk about american football and discuss one same thing which is ac milan.

there is always a problem in a community, not everybody is smart and not everybody is dumb either. what we have here is a failure to communicate (hehe, quote from Gn'R)

like i said not everybody is smart, so learn... and not everybody is dumb, so teach or at least show the right thing.
Im not in charge in here, but I suppose u guys have rules right? so pls remind everybody that rules are not made to be broken, rules are made to civilize ppl... (what a speach hehehe)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
scharatz said:
kyara,

about PMs... when you send a PM it will be placed in your outbox. and when it has been read it will be moved to the sent folder. that's how you know if the reciepent read it ;)

about who's online... there is the "who is online" link at the bottom of the page (right under predictoin games). just click on it and there you go :)

about smilies... we might have some of them added but if not, you can always use them from the mysmilies.com site. click on the smiley you want and just copy the code for it :)

about uploading avatars or birthdays... i agree :D it would be useful. but that's up to david ;)
i think uploading cannot be done because it's expensive or something :( but b-days can be done ;) david?

there you go :)

scharatz

Thanx for the information Schartz :) How stupid I am not noticing those stuff :tongue:
I'm glad you liked this birthdays thing!! And I hope David likes it too :D The most important thing is to include the players' birthdays too!! This way it would be much more fun :D
If it's any trouble, I'll list the players' birthdays for you so that you don't go through all the searching :tongue: :)

FORZA MILAN!!!
:)

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Xtratime member profile (David). ;)

2. What is it that you like about these forums?
Almost everything.

3. What is it that you don't like about these forums?
Nothing.

I don't know.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Alex said:
Xtratime member profile (David). ;)

2. What is it that you like about these forums?
Almost everything.

3. What is it that you don't like about these forums?
Nothing.

I don't know.

LOL Very Extensive research there :tongue: Was your dinner burning in the oven Alex? Thats why you had to rush through it? hehe

forza rossoneri

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If I had a idea for the forums, I had told it to David or sharatz.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Alex said:
If I had a idea for the forums, I had told it to David or sharatz.

OK cool. I was only kidding with you, you know that right?