Do u agree or desagree?

• Agree

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Desagree

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Who can be like F. Beckenbauer??? He is the best. Nobody can be like him.

As a player, he brought germany won the world cup 1974
As a player, he brought Bayern M won the Bundesliga and Champions League.
As a player, he got Fifa best player in the world.
As a coach, he brought germany won the world cup 1990.
As a President of Bayern Munchen, he was very success.

Anybody can be like him?

Do u a agree?

Rex

Reaction score
I add up :

He is now the President of Organizing Committe of Deutschland 2006 in charge. It's interesting to see for all of us whether his new assignment will be successful+taking smooth path in the end, in other words he get the job done. The other question may come up are is his 'chemistry' being inside track+advantageous for Germany NT under Klinsmann's coaching ?

Lets just see it's another part of football side, taking account in managerial terms. As you said above, there is remain one apposite job for him, IMO ; to replace Sepp Blatter as FIFA's President one day to come. If this thing pan out, I wouldn't mind to say that his career earn him as the most complete man on earth. :)

I can't wait for Deutschland 2006. ;)

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yudan said:

Anybody can be like him?

Do u a agree?

Ja schau mer mal...äh...ja gibt's was schöneres...äh...ja is denn heut scho weihnachten...äh...
:D

It's simple, as long as there is a Kaiser, no one else can be Kaiser...and then
a heir will come sometime.

He also won UEFA Cup with Bayern when he was coach there...

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
yudan said:

Anybody can be like him?

Do u a agree?

Another addition: he won the European Cup in 1972 and came second in 1976 (the-then-Chekoslovakia beat then on penalty shoot out). Germany WC 86 runner up reult was (if not mistaken) his first coaching job. Truly incredible.

I won't be surprised if he would become UEFA president or even FIFA prez.

Reaction score
I don't think there is anyone in the world who could argue against the Keiser's contribution to football as a player, manager and now a director.

The only one I think who could attain the same level of success is Maldini, only time will tell on that one though.

He will always be in my all time XI alongside Bobby Moore, Pele and Maradonna.

Thank you for your contribution to football Sir Franz!

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Yup, there are rumours he'll be Fifa president, not Uefa. I'd be glad if he was any of this cause he always seemed like an honest man. Unlike that Sepp asshole.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
r3dman said:
Yup, there are rumours he'll be Fifa president, not Uefa. I'd be glad if he was any of this cause he always seemed like an honest man. Unlike that Sepp asshole.
I hope that's true. There's no one better for a big position in the world of football than a man that has experience the pressure of being both a footballer and a coach.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
can anyone rename it to franz beckenbeur thread, one of the greatest defenders should have his own thread.

he was awesome a winner, a champion, seen it all dont it all .

he was a footballing god.

:star: :star:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I seriously hate this guy.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I seriously hate this guy.
seriously no body give a flying fuck about you

kasier beckenbeur is the best he is legend of legend won it all done it all :proud:

greatest sweeper in the history of the world along with baresi :proud:

Invented :eek: :proud: kaiser

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

kasier beckenbeur is the best he is legend of legend won it all done it all :proud:

you care enough to respond :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Ohhhhhhhhh snap Pedro!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

greatest sweeper in the history of the world along with baresi :proud:

Is it me or do i remember you saying Beckenbauer was shite and not anywhere near as good as Baresi and Maldini. Yet you got schooled by Mad or M84 and now have changed your opinion to reflect their opinions.

So to sum up:D. I swear you used to say Beckenbauer was shite, yet now you just harp on about him after being owned by some other member here.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Is it me or do i remember you saying Beckenbauer was shite and not anywhere near as good as Baresi and Maldini. Yet you got schooled by Mad or M84 and now have changed your opinion to reflect their opinions.

So to sum up:D. I swear you used to say Beckenbauer was shite, yet now you just harp on about him after being owned by some other member here.

nah it wasn't ashish it was one of the "X obscure backup italian player who once played well in a u21 game" is better than ronaldinho" type posters.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
nah it wasn't ashish it was one of the "X obscure backup italian player who once played well in a u21 game" is better than ronaldinho" type posters.

So it was some other guy who said this, but it did happen? I don't want to just be making things up. :D

Masster?? :tongue:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
So it was some other guy who said this, but it did happen? I don't want to just be making things up. :D

Masster?? :tongue:

nah. Masster's a unique creature (like saying inter's midfield is based on muntari/mariga kirin... not zanetti/motta/cambiasso :D :D :D)

It was one of those. OMZ milan need matri, cigarini and marco motta then... TREBLE!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So some random member who doesn't post here anymore. Makes sense.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
beckenbauer is the in the world...

whaat?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

oh what a hater :eek: cause he scored against england and made england shit.

on a serious note i never knew how good kaiser was, untill i read about baresi where he was compared with greatest defender of all time beckenbeur. i am pretty sure there are more defenders in italy who played for jube with some wierd names who are comparable with maldini and baresi. for example
Claudio Gentile, sciera and so on

see i am a continous learner of the game but i am ignorant as fuck/ biased on some issues :D

another good player,

Yeh Romeo benetti...for too long now has this man lived in the shadows of the 1982 team....

Let me tell u about romeo benetti

Benetti was without doubt the most feared and respected midfielders of the 70's. His pure strength and balance gave oppenents no chance. He had the stamina of gattuso..as well as the heart...What he also had which gattuso didnt was height and superb techincal abilities and a cannon of a shot. IN italys il fated 1974 campaign the only man who managed to bring italys ageing 1970 stars and the SERIOUSLY overated giorgo Chiniglia into the game was benetti.Benetti was 28 in this wc.

Many would have believed his motivation for the game would have dwindeld....nope...benetti contiuned to terrify the opposition with terrifyting tackling and defence splitting passes.

After italys 1974 disaster..enzo bearzot took the helm and in 1978 world cupqualifiers italy and benetti in particuler managed to get through a touch group and ahead of england to qaulify for the 1978 worlc cup in argentina...

benetti now 32 was with zoff and bellugi and causio the only survivors of the 1974 team...the rest of the team were made up of some extreamly talented youngsters in,sciera,gentile,tardelli,antongnoni,rossu and graziani.

in the first round italy played vs france...benetti took the game by the sruf of the neck and destroyed michel platini....italy won thanks too a goal from bettega and rossi...in the next matcxh vs hungry,...there star player lazlo kiss was so outplayed by benetti who ended up with blood tearing down his forhead (getting stuck in) that he offered to be substitued..benetti also scored a cracker from 30 yards and was named MOM...

in italys last match vs argentina he was vs what many considered at the time one of the best def mid in ardilles...poor ardilles didnt have a chance vs benetti who somtimes had too take care of the entire midfield cos of a more inexperianced attack minded tardelli...but it was benetti who kept the young group organized and with him on the field the youngsters always had heart..italy won thanks t a great build up play which started with benetti,rossi,antognoni and rossi to bettga who shot pass fillol..

italy had topped this hard group and were among many ppls fav to win the tournoment...

vs austria benetti had a more quite game but franco causio and zaccarelli played well and italy got through thanks to a rossi poach..

now to that game vs holland....italy had to win...everything was going through benetti..he stoped everything and created eevrything...first he disposssed neeskans and played a through ball to causio who really should have scored...he then hit a rocket from 35 yards which the goali somehow saved...benetti and his young partner tardelli were outplaying the dutch team...benetti then sent bettaga through with a great pass and b4 bettega was about to shoot brandts scored an own goal

in the 2nd half we will really see how imporrtant benetti was to the team...he was booked for a typicaly benetti challenge on brantds i think....or neeskans....he was booked meaning he would miss the final.....it affected the entire team...benetti couldnt come to terms with it too...tardelli lost his nerve..zoff too seemed nsure of himself...holland scored 2 screamers and frankly i think zoff could have saved at least 1 of them

benetti italys heart and soul was substitued along with the eqaully impressive causio...

italy lost 2-1

benetti contemplated international retirement...but such was his qualities even at 34 years of age he took part of the 1980 euro champs in italy...he played in defence now..as he lacked some of the pace he had...he played well...but u could see that he was on his last legs...benetti played his last macth for italy in 1981...

respect..he won 51 caps for his country and scored 8 goals

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Do you just read some old report of a player and then consider them awesome? If so, you should meet my dad as he hypes up old players to the high heavens, and you will believe that crap.

And yes. I hate Beckenbauer because he scored against England. :rolleyes: Your just jealous 'Der Kaiser' didn't get to play against that shitty footballing nation which is India.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do you just read some old report of a player and then consider them awesome? If so, you should meet my dad as he hypes up old players to the high heavens, and you will believe that crap.

And yes. I hate Beckenbauer because he scored against England. :rolleyes: Your just jealous 'Der Kaiser' didn't get to play against that shitty footballing nation which is India.

read a report rent old wc dvds and watched it. i am a person who believes seeing is believing and i admire the way he played i hae yet to see all those matches for bayern. these days all channels telecast old wc matches as the build up for the game.

anyway why i am talking with an english on this topic, and about your old man, my old mans old man said dont ever believe an english if you believe them, you will end up fucked :D sons of bitches

and do you know why maradonna is the greatest player for me(followed by ronaldo), not only because he is a great great player :D

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hate Ronaldo probably because of his goals against Germany. :tongue: :(

Beckenbauer, I never seen him live, (nor you, I know), so my feelings about him aren't judged about that really, but more about he has been this/last decade. And just as good he was as footballer, that as bad he is in his remarks, he is annoying really, no decent insight in football, Netzer on the other hand :proud::star:. Beckenbauer just keeps on talking bullshit, and he tries to control too many things while he should back off.
and do you know why maradonna is the greatest player for me(followed by ronaldo), not only because he is a great great player :D

Because he has got even less football insight than Beckenbauer? You seem to love people with similar insight as you. :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
read a report rent old wc dvds and watched it. i am a person who believes seeing is believing and i admire the way he played i hae yet to see all those matches for bayern. these days all channels telecast old wc matches as the build up for the game.

anyway why i am talking with an english on this topic, and about your old man, my old mans old man said dont ever believe an english if you believe them, you will end up fucked :D sons of bitches

I was just illustrating my point that it seems like you'll believe anything about football. It's not my fault you're a bitter bastard about something which happened hundreds of years ago. GET OVER IT. Maybe i should start hating and abusing Italian people whenever i can due to the Roman invasion of England, they both have about as much relevance in current events.

Also, i think you have a thing for fat players with fucked up mentalities,

1(Maradona): Fatness, Cocaine and other drugs, Alcohol
2(Ronaldo): Fatness, Depression, Sex with transexuals

Seems to me that you like your nut job cases.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hate Ronaldo probably because of his goals against Germany. :tongue::head:

Beckenbauer, I never seen him live, (nor you, I know), so my feelings about him aren't judged about that really, but more about he has been this/last decade. And just as good he was as footballer, that as bad he is in his remarks, he is annoying really, no decent insight in football, Netzer on the other hand :proud::star:. Beckenbauer just keeps on talking bullshit, and he tries to control too many things while he should back off.

Because he has got even less football insight than Beckenbauer? You seem to love people with similar insight as you. :D
hahah oso you are judging great players cause they speak shit :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

putting me along with greatest player and one of the greatest defender is :syar: thank you Beckenbeur :star: maraddona :star: Legends of the game ;)

World Cup Legends: Franz Beckenbauer - 1966

Goal.com’s exclusive series starts today as we profile Franz Beckenbauer, who topped the rankings as a 20-year-old prodigy back in 1966.

Germany, relentless efficiency, three times winners, four times beaten finalists and always there at the business end of the tournament. So you won't be surprised to know that the Castrol Index FIFA World Cup legends is top heavy with players from the Nationalmannschaft.

Before he earned the nickname Der Kaiser, Franz Beckenbauer was tipped for great things as West Germany prepared for 1966. The Bayern Munich player had made his international debut less than a year earlier but had already established himself in Helmut Schon's first team. Beckenbauer was still three months shy of his 21st birthday when Germany's campaign got underway at Hillsborough on July 12, 1966.

Playing as an attack-minded defender the young Kaiser made an immediate impact, scoring twice in the 5-0 romp over neighbours Switzerland. He'd add another in the 4-0 quarter-final win against Uruguay before scoring the priceless winner in the semi-final against the Soviet Union.

Beckenbauer's galloping runs from the back became a hallmark of West Germany's charge to the final. His second against Switzerland was a fine example as he escaped three Swiss players to coolly slot home with all the confidence of a striker. Then there was the fabulous one-two which set up his goal against Uruguay but the pick of the bunch came in the semi-final when he seized the ball on the edge of the box and quickly switched feet before unleashing a rocket which beat the great black cat Lev Yashin.

In total der Kaiser netted four goals, created nine goal-scoring chances and won 17 tackles in West Germany's campaign. Showing the clinical nature of a striker, the young German scored four goals from his nine shots, which all hit the target.

So accomplished was Beckenbauer, despite his tender years, he was assigned the role of man-marking Bobby Charlton in the World Cup final. Charlton, who earned a total of 9.31 to Beckenbauer's 9.83 under the Castrol Index ratings system in 1966, had scored three goals during England's journey to Wembley.

With an eight-year head start, Charlton and Beckenbauer enjoyed a fabulous battle and the West German number four made sure the Manchester United star didn't add to his goalscoring tally. Although he eventually ended on the losing side, Beckenbauer was modest in defeat and said in an interview years later: "England beat us in 1966 because Bobby Charlton was just a bit better than me. Finishing runner-up is always a good thing for a young player."

Beckenbauer and West Germany got their revenge four years later, eliminating the holders 3-2 in the searing Mexican heat with der Kaiser opening the scoring. He famously played through the pain barrier with a dislocated shoulder in the epic 4-3 semi-final defeat against Italy in the same tournament.

Finally, in 1974 the Nationalmannschaft got their reward as Beckenbauer captained West Germany to victory on home soil against Johan Cruyff's Dutch masters. It was to be the Kaiser's final ever game in the World Cup but his love affair with the tournament didn't end there.

He returned 16 years later to lead West Germany to a third title from the dugout and he was instrumental in their winning bid to host World Cup 2006. Beckenbauer criss crossed Germany going to a record number of games, maintaining his link with sport’s biggest spectacle in a relationship that stretches back over 40 years to those halcyon days of 66.

1996 england >> 2002 korea in cheating :star:

And Cryuff is another great great great great player :proud:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hahah oso you are judging great players cause they speak shit :D
I'm not judging their football abilities, how they were as player. I just find him annoying. Can't help it!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was just illustrating my point that it seems like you'll believe anything about football. It's not my fault you're a bitter bastard about something which happened hundreds of years ago. GET OVER IT. Maybe i should start hating and abusing Italian people whenever i can due to the Roman invasion of England, they both have about as much relevance in current events.

Also, i think you have a thing for fat players with fucked up mentalities,

1(Maradona): Fatness, Cocaine and other drugs, Alcohol
2(Ronaldo): Fatness, Depression, Sex with transexuals

Seems to me that you like your nut job cases.

oh yeah nah it happened between ice age and stone age. anyway leave it

I'm not judging their football abilities, how they were as player. I just find him annoying. Can't help it!

fine personal opinion

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
oh yeah nah it happened between ice age and stone age. anyway leave it

fine personal opinion

I will leave it, but you started it and yes it did happen hundreds of years ago.

Awesome highlights of India. BEST FOOTBALL TEAM EVER :proud:

Nah, im joking, they are fucking useless at every sport other than cricket and even then, England managed to win Twenty20 WC did it not? NOT FUCKING INDIA

Last edited:

Schedule