Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
back in the 90's catona and weah we're gods and look at the now. back in the 80's maradona ruled the world and look at him now. your point?
My point is that just being skilled doesn't do it alone to make you the best player. anyways, nevermind...

AlexT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva, Nesta, Maldini, Fabregas, Rui Costa, SES
Argentina was disappointing. Their defence is just facepalm-worthy and teamwork leaves a lot to be desired. They need to get their shit together. Poor Messi.

Hope Brazil makes a better team, or Uruguay will win the Copa.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i think it's this simple. Zlatan requires time on ball, rooney doesn't. Zlatan plays poorly off ball, Rooney doesn't.

I'm not joining the Rooney vs Ibra debate. But your only arguments about Zlatan is: "requires time on the ball" and "plays poorly off ball". You say these things like it's the only thing a attacker must do.

Although you exaggerate very much just to try and prove your point, those things has never been Ibra's strengths. He needs a striker beside him who's good at that stuff. But this doesn't mean Ibra don't have other strengths.

I know this is very fundamental football logic, and that I shouldn't even be telling you this, but somehow you leave all this out of your arguments.

I know you hate ibra now cuz he told seedorf to be quiet and was shouting and walking around when u saw him play live, but dont be so biased against him.

+1

At least do it in a good way. It's to obvious.

Before your ban you were only saying good stuff about him, M84. After the ban your biased as hell. And stop referring to that Bari game, yes he sucked in that game, we know.

-----

Also yes, Rooney does suffer from the reverse English bias. He's a fantastic striker. I really enjoy seeing him play. Not only is he technically and physically gifted, but he's also a very smart striker.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Argentina was disappointing. Their defence is just facepalm-worthy and teamwork leaves a lot to be desired. They need to get their shit together. Poor Messi.

Hope Brazil makes a better team, or Uruguay will win the Copa.

Well, they didn't disappoint me though. I didn't expect a lot from Argentina, especially not from their defense.

Brazil is obvious better to me. I would be surprised if they disappoint.

AlexT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva, Nesta, Maldini, Fabregas, Rui Costa, SES
Well, they didn't disappoint me though. I didn't expect a lot from Argentina, especially not from their defense.

Brazil is obvious better to me. I would be surprised if they disappoint.

I didn't expect a lot from their defence, either; they were disappointing in the sense that practically everyone underperformed. They can do better than that. They need to work on their teamwork.

Out of all teams, I like Brazil most, but we'll see how they perform. Their midfield isn't particularly impressive.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Can someone post a Copa America schedule, or give a link?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Nice, Brazil tomorow. Looking forward to see TS, Pato and Binho.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Yup 2 of Brazil's games are early. So wouldn't have to stay up till 6 am! :thumbsup:

Gonna be an entertaining tournament if Brazil and Argentina can pull up their socks and play like a team..

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Nice, Brazil tomorow. Looking forward to see TS, Pato and Binho.

Yes. I am looking forward to the Neymar + Pato + Robinho attack, and the central defense Lúcio + Thiago Silva is impressive too.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Yup 2 of Brazil's games are early. So wouldn't have to stay up till 6 am! :thumbsup:

Gonna be an entertaining tournament if Brazil and Argentina can pull up their socks and play like a team..

Why not just get up at 6 am to watch it? :lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
15:30 Colombia - Costa Rica

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Why not just get up at 6 am to watch it? :lol:
Yeah nice joke! :lol:

But I will get up at 6 (or rather stay up till 6 coz there is no chance of waking up once i'm down) for the semis and Argentina-Columbia game..

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
I will never understand argentina. Throughout my life they have always had these fantastic , individually gifted players but i have rarely seen them perform well together and fulfill that potential. This is actually one of their best generations yet they fail to stamp their authority more often than not

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
@Fellow Indians

Are NEO Sports going to telecast?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Fellow Indians

Yeah, where you been?

They will show all the matches.

Tonight at midnight its Colombia vs Costa Rica

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Yeah, where you been?

They will show all the matches.

Tonight at midnight its Colombia vs Costa Rica

Nowhere! And NEO's been trolling like we used to. ;):lol:
Ciao! Masha on the court!

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Fellow Indians

They have a whole schedule out:

268436_10150246113939222_206508414221_7047541_7460997_n.jpg

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I will never understand argentina. Throughout my life they have always had these fantastic , individually gifted players but i have rarely seen them perform well together and fulfill that potential. This is actually one of their best generations yet they fail to stamp their authority more often than not

All the individual talent they have in this generation seems to be in attack. I cant name one very talented youngster of theirs who will become a top player for their defense. This is their major problem right now and of course maybe their coach and his selections.

Of course your right that many cant play together but im sure if the coach tried, he can guide them to. They all just need to put aside their individualism and play on the same wave length and for this you need a top coach. For me Batista doesnt seem like the guy to get them the trophies, they will need a very strong character if they want to achieve success, specially in the qualifiers leading up to WC2014.

Coming back to my earlier point, i had written a bit about their defense for the future which actually looks promising.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=1033526&postcount=1115

In addition to this there is a very promising GK coming up for them, Esteban Andrada [20] who has moved to Barca recently and will also feature later this month in U20 WC...

On June 3rd, 2011, Andrada was signed by FC Barcelona, for 4 million euros. He will spend the 2011-2012 Season in FC Barcelona B, Alternating as starting goalkeeper with Jordi Masip and Rubén Miño. [1]

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm not joining the Rooney vs Ibra debate. But your only arguments about Zlatan is: "requires time on the ball" and "plays poorly off ball". You say these things like it's the only thing a attacker must do.

Yeah dude, it's called being a more complete striker. You can play Rooney with anyone and win. Got a star winger? Cool he'll play false #9
Got an awesome poacher? Cool he'll play #10
Got no one? Cool he'll just score 30+ (something zlatan hasnt done)

Team play has never been his strong point and it's a MAJOR part of the game.

Zlatan is undoubtedly most TALENTED striker in the world, but he has some serious flaws in his games SERIOUS ones. It's why he cannot get far in UCL, cause his talent alone should win matches in rd. of 16. But like I said, stalling on ball and not moving vs. TOP teams is how you are ineffective. How is that NOT A BIG PROBLEM?

Although you exaggerate very much just to try and prove your point, those things has never been Ibra's strengths. He needs a striker beside him who's good at that stuff. But this doesn't mean Ibra don't have other strengths.

I know this is very fundamental football logic, and that I shouldn't even be telling you this, but somehow you leave all this out of your arguments.

Ok... but Rooney DOESNT require this. Does he? So who is better. The guy who can win in every system or the guy who requires a team constructed to him?

That's VERY fundamental football logic.

+1

At least do it in a good way. It's to obvious.

Before your ban you were only saying good stuff about him, M84. After the ban your biased as hell. And stop referring to that Bari game, yes he sucked in that game, we know.

This is just pathetic cop out on your part (per normal this forum). Claiming it's some sort of 'bias'

I have made VERY clear, very consise points to why Zlatan is not better. I'm not saying 'he sucks cause i dont think he's good.' like some logic, i actually bet some effort into explaining my position on his game.

I've NEVER denied Zlatan's talent. For me Zlatan is potentially more talented than Messi or Ronaldo. I mean he can do things they simply cannot. That no one can. He's monstrously huge with the skillz of a midget.

But that doesn't make him a great. He's an underachiever RELATED TO HIS TALENT because of flaws he has. And I want to make that clear, RELATED TO HIS POTENTIAL/TALENT he has not lived up. He could be an all-time great. Does anyone REALLY think he'll go down in history along side Ronaldo, Van Basten? Cause he is talented enough to... there's no denying that. But he's missing little subtleties of refining his game to make him truly complete player to EVER compare with those

edit: Anyone you see what started this whole thing. Cause some idiot said tevez isn't 'a game changer' and is just 'argentine rooney.... aka runs a lot but not anything good'. To which I reply Cool... rooney isa top 5 striker in world.... funny how that digresses

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
she linked a youtube link from her phone (hence the m.youtube... m meaning mobile)

when you do that, it doesn't work if you're on a computer. I've made the same mistake

I didn't know they had smart phones in costa rica :D. I didn't even know they had electricity

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Whats the link and why the sad face?

Btw, its opening up to my home page for some odd reason.

Damn it technology. It was nothing. We're going to lose badly.

she linked a youtube link from her phone (hence the m.youtube... m meaning mobile)

when you do that, it doesn't work if you're on a computer. I've made the same mistake

I didn't know they had smart phones in costa rica :D. I didn't even know they had electricity
We also have fire in here and the wheel.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I figured the m part :D

and LOL at the Costa Rica bit, ive been there nice place but i get what you mean.

I will check it through my mobile and i feel that Colombia will murder CR tonight. Watch out for Guarin ;)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

and LOL at the Costa Rica bit, ive been there nice place but i get what you mean.

I will check it through my mobile and i feel that Colombia will murder CR tonight. Watch out for Guarin ;)

sidenote: CR's team cracks me up....

so many american names

Bryan Ruiz?
Michael Umana?
Roy Miller? lol

Anyway.... maybe Sven or Australiano can help me out there. Why are so many Latin americans named Walter or Oscar? Old english names....

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Are u sure u've been here? Cause apart from a bit delay in phone technology, that doesn't really affect foreigners...there's everything. That said we do take advantage of foreigners believing we have nothing...and there's a few places that like to play like they're nature friendly.
sidenote: CR's team cracks me up....

so many american names

Bryan Ruiz?
Michael Umana?
Roy Miller? lol

Anyway.... maybe Sven or Australiano can help me out there. Why are so many Latin americans named Walter or Oscar? Old english names....
Jamaica...and what we call polada. That's where those names come from.

Last edited:

Schedule