The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:54   #181
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Can't catch a break can't he?

He has spent most of his time in Milan on the bench, or out of position to accommodate Suso, but there is zero context when Milan fans evaluate his performances.

Pioli fields an ultra defensive team at home against SPAL, but again there is zero context when his individual performance is evaluated.

He finally received a fair chance to prove himself tonight, and he managed to turn around myopic fans only to get injured after 35 mins. ffs

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:58   #182
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

yeah, poor guy

really looked good for once

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:44   #183
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
yeah, poor guy

really looked good for once
10 days out. not that serious. he can take positives from his performance.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45   #184
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Yeah i didn't think he will have a good game but he did.
Still, he often had that 1-2 good games when he gets chance... then after that he turns into big useless shit.
Same as Hakan last game.. 1 great game, then 10 bad or average
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:04   #185
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buske View Post
Still, he often had that 1-2 good games when he gets chance... then after that he turns into big useless shit.
You mean when he played out of position as LW or trequartista next to Suso whose style clearly doesn't suit Samu's?

Or when Pioli fielded an ultra-defensive side against SPAL at home?

This is what I refer to with "zero context when Milan fans evaluate his performances".

He also played as CF/false 9 in Higauin's absence, but most of RnB were happy with his performance in that game.

I'm not saying he's a dependable RW, but he's yet to get a fair chance.
It reminds me of when the forum was writing off Baka, describing him as worse than Traore, before he even got consecutive starts in suitable roles.

Signature
Old 05-11-2019, 10:37   #186
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
You mean when he played out of position as LW or trequartista next to Suso whose style clearly doesn't suit Samu's?

Or when Pioli fielded an ultra-defensive side against SPAL at home?

This is what I refer to with "zero context when Milan fans evaluate his performances".

He also played as CF/false 9 in Higauin's absence, but most of RnB were happy with his performance in that game.

I'm not saying he's a dependable RW, but he's yet to get a fair chance.
It reminds me of when the forum was writing off Baka, describing him as worse than Traore, before he even got consecutive starts in suitable roles.
Zero context is when you ignore the fact he got his chances at RW too, he never took them. I am considering his Milan days as a whole
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47   #187
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Zero context is when you ignore the fact he got his chances at RW too, he never took them. I am considering his Milan days as a whole
You mean these games?

Quote:
The 2019 games with Samu as RW instead of Suso:

Milan 3 - 0 Empoli (Samu 1 goal, 1 assist)
Milan 2 - 0 Napoli
Juve 1 - 0 Milan
Sampdoria 0 - 2 Milan

Signature
Old 05-11-2019, 11:21   #188
Buske
AC Milan Legend

No need to search for these rare games where he did good, i watched all of his games here and i have seen him being useless runner that can't dribble/outrun anyone.. and failing to do anything meaningful in most games.
He did play LW to accommodate Suso and some other positions, but he did get started/subbed in at RW enough times for all of us to see his limitations.

In an open game there is some use for him, but in a tactical game where you dont get enough space, he is nearly useless
Old 05-11-2019, 11:44   #189
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Search? I quoted an older post where I listed his game as RW in 2019.
If I was listing his good games then the Sampdoria one wouldn't be included.

He clearly has limitations and ideally he's far from a starter, but our reality is anything but ideal. He should've at least rotated with Suso in the second half of last season. His off-ball game and the tempo of his game has a bigger upside to this team than what our other wingers have to offer imo.

Signature
Old 05-11-2019, 14:08   #190
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Search?
He clearly has limitations and ideally he's far from a starter
Well that's the point of my first post... not sure why did you even start this argument.

If he has limitations and is far from starter, it means he is shit to average.. he is not the one to help our current situation... he will have good game here and there, but majority of games will be average to shit.

One more thing, it doesn't matter that much who plays between him and Suso. Of course, if one is in better form then play him.. but if they are both in shit form, i can see why coaches put Suso before him.
That guy can at least score a FK or assist with one of his 300 crosses per game, Samu can't even do that.
If Samu didn't get injured last game, it's obvious he should start, yeah.. He was better than everything Suso did for months
Old 06-11-2019, 12:02   #191
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Well that's the point of my first post... not sure why did you even start this argument.

If he has limitations and is far from starter, it means he is shit to average.. he is not the one to help our current situation... he will have good game here and there, but majority of games will be average to shit.

One more thing, it doesn't matter that much who plays between him and Suso. Of course, if one is in better form then play him.. but if they are both in shit form, i can see why coaches put Suso before him.
That guy can at least score a FK or assist with one of his 300 crosses per game, Samu can't even do that.
If Samu didn't get injured last game, it's obvious he should start, yeah.. He was better than everything Suso did for months
No, your point didn't have tactical roles or position in consideration.
Going by your post it's merely a coincidence that this good performance happened to arrive as a RW in a counter-pressing side against Lazio and not as a trequartista in the risk minimizing reactive AC Suso against Udinese.
Don't get me wrong, he'll always have shit performances, however I think they would be far less frequent if he hadn't been as mismanaged.

"Ideally" not a starter, which could be said about pretty much all our current starters, but I think he is starting material in our current reality.
He was a starter and key player for a Villarreal side that was firmly Top 4/5 in La Liga, only inferior to the Big 3. He's not beneath this Milan.

You compared him with Hakan, which I think is not far off, however he has been treated by fans as if he's a Oduamadi or some other useless Primavera kid who is only there to fill up the squad numbers. I think he's a real alternative to Suso, and that he can be a cog in a machine, unlike Suso.

Signature
Old 06-11-2019, 13:32   #192
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
No, your point didn't have tactical roles or position in consideration.
Going by your post it's merely a coincidence that this good performance happened to arrive as a RW in a counter-pressing side against Lazio and not as a trequartista in the risk minimizing reactive AC Suso against Udinese.
Don't get me wrong, he'll always have shit performances, however I think they would be far less frequent if he hadn't been as mismanaged.

"Ideally" not a starter, which could be said about pretty much all our current starters, but I think he is starting material in our current reality.
He was a starter and key player for a Villarreal side that was firmly Top 4/5 in La Liga, only inferior to the Big 3. He's not beneath this Milan.

You compared him with Hakan, which I think is not far off, however he has been treated by fans as if he's a Oduamadi or some other useless Primavera kid who is only there to fill up the squad numbers. I think he's a real alternative to Suso, and that he can be a cog in a machine, unlike Suso.
Yeah, but also going by your posts it seems he only did badly when out of position (RW) which is not true, he had absolute crap performances there too.
I did took his whole spell at Milan into consideration, i clearly said that as i remember he had crap games at any position.
On the Hakan - Samu comparison, "problem" is that we don't have a player to replace what Hakan does in team even in his average games. Paqueta not up to the task yet and i think they are much different. Samu, however, has obvious rival for the RW spot
Old 07-11-2019, 00:54   #193
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Yeah, but also going by your posts it seems he only did badly when out of position (RW) which is not true
No, I even gave you an example of a poor performance at RW(against Sampdoria).

Signature
Old 07-11-2019, 11:17   #194
Buske
AC Milan Legend

And i said i watched enough of his games even at RW, to know his capabilities?

We clearly can't agree on this so no point in dragging this. I think he is shit and one good game won't change anything. We have plenty of those who can look good in one game then 10 bad or average, we need more than that. Out of this
Old 12-01-2020, 16:56   #195
nanook
Primavera Player

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 17:03   #196
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Hoping for more performances like one vs. Cagliari in the future. Otherwise his value is too low to make a worthwhile sale.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 20:18   #197
joyrider
Il Moderati

oef poef in the foef

https://streamja.com/BLX1
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 21:43   #198
Fabio
Cult Of SMS

Fav. Players: KakŠ, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Boateng, Honda, Huntelaar

happy for him, he waited his chanced and took it

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Iím fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 21:45   #199
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
oef poef in the foef

https://streamja.com/blx1
10/10
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 00:55   #200
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
happy for him, he waited his chanced and took it

Heeey itís time to change ur avatar.. donít you think so?
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote