Ante Rebic Thread

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, thats the plan with the arrival of ibra.

So hope he stays. He did look like giving a damn on the pitch.

Lets see...

Yeah Zlatan and Piatek as the target man/poachers. Leao and Rebic as the pressing forward/second strikers.

Some people have said play Zlatan with Piatek but it’s unbalanced. You need someone with the legs to open up space for the target man. Unless you have a super dynamic partnership like Cavani and Suarez.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Zlatan and Piatek as the target man/poachers. Leao and Rebic as the pressing forward/second strikers.

Some people have said play Zlatan with Piatek but it’s unbalanced. You need someone with the legs to open up space for the target man. Unless you have a super dynamic partnership like Cavani and Suarez.
Agreed. Would never play zlatan-piatek combo.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
But what is all these calls, in the match thread, for him to start at LM?

I get that you want Bona & Hakan benched, but it's pretty clear by now that Rebic is a second striker, or a wing-forward who starts off wide but makes most of his touches in the center.

This!!

He just doesn’t have the skill set to play in the midfield. Bad touch, poor passing, can’t defend or mark. He’s got the pace physique and creativity of a forward.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
great move by Rebic and amazing fuck-up by Piatek

Yeh so stupid of him to stop his play to look at the linesman referee to see if it's offside. You fkn play until you hear the whistle. He should have scored that.

Also yeah that was insanse by Rebic

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeh so stupid of him to stop his play to look at the linesman referee to see if it's offside. You fkn play until you hear the whistle. He should have scored that.

Looking at the linesman?
He was looking down on the ball the whole time until the shot was blocked.
This was yet another sequence where he took too many touches before shooting.
It showcased his lack of awareness and technique more than anything.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Looking at the linesman?
He was looking down on the ball the whole time until the shot was blocked.
This was yet another sequence where he took too many touches before shooting.
It showcased his lack of awareness and technique more than anything.

Yes, looking at the linesman?

Right after the video stops to show if it's offside and he receives the ball the put his head up fast to look at the linesman.

It was even more obvious when watching it live since they showed the sequence in slowmotion. Even the commentators mentioned it.

So yeah, looking at the linesman which showcased his lack of experience of playing until you hear the whistle

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nah its lack of quality. True strikers kill that in two touches. Set it and finish it. He took a long touch for his goal too.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, looking at the linesman?

Right after the video stops to show if it's offside and he receives the ball the put his head up fast to look at the linesman.

It was even more obvious when watching it live since they showed the sequence in slowmotion. Even the commentators mentioned it.

So yeah, looking at the linesman which showcased his lack of experience of playing until you hear the whistle

umm, nope.
He was looking at the goalkeeper, then the ball. He thought he had time since there was no one even close from the angles he was looking.

Take a look yourself. Starting from 07:12
https://footballhighlightspro.com/milan-vs-spal-highlights-full-match-3/29172/16/01/2020/

BT Sports and ESPN commentators only mentioned the high amount of touches. No Swedish channel broadcasted it.
Did you watch it on Arena Sport? Otherwise I don't believe you.:o

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nah its lack of quality. True strikers kill that in two touches. Set it and finish it. He took a long touch for his goal too.

In all honestly, other than the fact that he stopped to look at the linesman, he's not used to get those kind of passes. He hasn't got one the entire season from any of our players, Suso and Hakan especially have both been disgusting. Not being used to get those kind of passes you'll be surprised when you get one which happend to Piatek unfortunately. He should have buried that, no question about that but I understand why he didn't, not that it's an excuse anyway...

umm, nope.
He was looking at the goalkeeper, then the ball. He thought he had time since there was no one even close from the angles he was looking.

Take a look yourself. Starting from 07:12
https://footballhighlightspro.com/milan-vs-spal-highlights-full-match-3/29172/16/01/2020/

BT Sports and ESPN commentators only mentioned the high amount of touches. No Swedish channel broadcasted it.
Did you watch it on Arena Sport? Otherwise I don't believe you.:o

Not that I care that you dont believe me but I watched in on Cmore, Swedish streaming service, and they mentioned the one, two touches too many as well as mentioning that he looked at the linesman when they showed the sequence in slow motion. It wasnt clear at first, but you can see it as soon as he receices the ball he puts his head up to the sides

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not that I care that you dont believe me but I watched in on Cmore, Swedish streaming service,

I checked C More Fotboll, Sportskanalen and Live 1 to 5 but they weren't airing it on any Swedish channel. I ended up watching it on BT Sports 3.
I don't think C More even has the rights to air Coppa Italia games.

The gif is from the slowmotion replay.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Doesn't even matter if he looked at the linesman or not... he still continued playing and instead of shooting from 1st touch, he decided to walk like a snail and take 3-4 more touches. I was so shocked when seeing this, like wtf

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In all honestly, other than the fact that he stopped to look at the linesman, he's not used to get those kind of passes. He hasn't got one the entire season from any of our players, Suso and Hakan especially have both been disgusting.

Nah homie, no excuses for a pro. He gets paid 2 mill to bury that, or at least get a shot on target. True quality has the consistency to bury that.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
umm, nope.

My opinion:

He got himself surprised by his first touch. he didn't want to slow down the ball that much, he wanted to let it go a bit further. After that, he thought that someone would come from behind and make a desperate tackle to block his shot, so he slowed down even more to wait for a "better moment" to shoot, but instead he should have done it as quick as possible even after his wrong first touch.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Hopefully a turning point in his Milan career!

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jebo si im kevu!

:lol:

He was great today but I know he can do better, he's amazing for Croatia. Finally he gets to play, he never got a fair chance. Coming on last 5 minutes instead of Kebab who has dome shit the entire game I'd never have the motivation to do good if I was treated that unfair.

Today, he finally got his chance and he proved exactly what he can do

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ante Rebic.

What a half. Comes on, knows he needs to show he's better than Hakan/Jack and dominates the game.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think his crap performances are all on Milan, although the injury time subs and being deployed as RW didn't help. The Frankfurt fans were also complaining about him looking disinterested, rusty and sluggish in the first rounds of this season.

Ibra seems to have motivated him to stay and fight for a spot in Milan. Rebic even sort of implied that himself in an interview from yesterday.
He's looking fitter and far more eager to prove himself.

These two good/great performances are putting Pioli in a dilemma that will end up with the mrkis and patoshevas raging and making death threats regardless of the option he takes.

Start all 4 of Rebic, Leao, Ibra & Samu and face the repercussions in the defensive phase?
Bench Ibra for "balance" and lose out on the targetman and most dependable goalscorer?
Bench one of Rebic and Leao?

Schedule